Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

2013 Fusion Spoiler -- Drag vs. Downforce?

chartierchartier Posts: 1
Could some nice Ford aerodynamicist explain the drag and downforce effects off the spoiler on the 2013 Fusion?

Say, at 80 mph?

Thanks!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,043
    I admire your optimism, but it's quite a lot to hope for that someone with such specific expertise on that exact vehicle is monitoring this discussion. If you are interested in a more general conversation about spoilers and drag v downforce, you might have better luck posted on our Maintenance & Repair board, which is here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9203e/

If you look at the list of discussions there, there are several that might be a decent fit for your question.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• akirbyakirby Posts: 8,062
    I can save you some time. The answer to both is - negligible. It's for looks only.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,043
    Thanks, akirby - you were the only person I thought *might* have info, so I'm glad you stopped by!

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews