Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Chrysler Town and Country Problems

anitaeric2004anitaeric2004 Member Posts: 2
Bought my 05 town and country used about a year ago with 62,000 miles on it. two days after buying it the locks quit working, dealership replaced some kind of relay switch, helped for about 2 weeks then they quit working again. my headlights shut off all the time, I've almost wrecked several times because of this. the most recent problem is it started bucking and jerking while driving, gas mileage is horrid ~ getting about 15 miles to 6 gallons of gas, check engine light is on. took it to the garage and the computer says crank shaft/cam shaft sensor. we replaced both sensors and it didn't solve the problem. we've had the fly wheel checked, the timing chain, injector valves, throttle position sensor, fuel pump, computer, and several other things....we have had it to three differnt garages and no one can find the problem. the computer is still saying crank and cam sensors and it won't let anyone even clear the code..any one else have this problem and what was done to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    96BOONEVILLE96BOONEVILLE Member Posts: 1
    my 2002 town and country air contry quit today , before that i could hear the belt slip rarely or the engine pull down but today it just quit . i was fidling with the controls at a stop light and i noticed what i thought it was smoke beening blown accros the road so i shut the air off the light turned green . my fathers house was close by so i went there opened the hood to see if the serpintine belt was still on and it was .
    i think its the compressor or a hose if any one has any input , feel free to write back.
    thanks guys
  • Options
    srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    A busted hose would explain the smoke (from the refrigerant, actually, which turns to a gas when the pressure is released).
  • Options
    lboddenlbodden Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the same problem with my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country bucking while driving and the engine light on. On advice of a mechanic I had the catalytic converter changed but the problem is still there. My van only has 31,000 miles on it. Have you resolved the problem with yours as yet? I would love to know what is wrong without spending a fortune. I'm out about $400 so far.
  • Options
    anitaeric2004anitaeric2004 Member Posts: 2
    I've already spent over a thousand dollars trying to fix mine, I had EVERYTHING checked/replaced; sensors, computer, fuel pump, timing chain, fly wheel, etc. The garage finally told me to take it to a Chyrsler dealer, so I did. They looked it over; charged me another $100 to tell me I needed a new engine which is gonna cost me about $1800. I've only had the thing for about a year and a half....wouldn't recommend these vans to anyone, I have'nt met anybody that had anything good to say about them!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I think that I'll try the oxygen sensor next as I can change that myself and it shouldn't be too expensive. If that does not work I'll have to re-evaluate and decide what to do. I'm in the Cayman Islands so that $1800 engine would cost me at least twice as much!
  • Options
    Well, I've changed the downstream oxygen sensor but no luck. Looked promising for the first 4 miles and then the engine light came back on and it bucks when rev'd above around 2250rpm. Not sure where to go from here. Will probably have to take it to the local dealer's shop to see what they say.
  • Options
    lovinascarlovinascar Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I have an 05 Chrysler t and c and no front air. Doing some reading and it sounds like front blower module. Is their a way to test it or determine that is the problem and or the actual dial on the dash that controls the front blower module. I believe I have the auto temperature control system.