Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Lease Questions

Comments

• darkomdarkom Member Posts: 8
    you sound very knowledgable. what is the "standard" money factor offered on a 3 year lease? how much wiggle room is there? what does a change of X in the money factor translate to in the monthly payment? thank you.
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Money factor normally changes at the beginning of each month, as do residual values. You would have to ask Car_Man for the specific MF for Feb based on the specific model of ATS you are interested in (it sometimes varies between models). There is no wiggle room in MF or residual, those are both values set by the financial institution servicing the lease, which in Cadillac's case, is normally Ally or US Bank. What you have to be careful of is dealerships inflating the MF above what it is supposed to be in order to generate more profit for themselves. Bottomline: know what the current MF is before you negotiate so you know if the dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you.

In the last few posts someone posted a money factor of 0.0005 on their ATS (which equates to 1.2% APR and is normally how Ally and US Bank report their MF's; most car companies use the decimal format). If the money factor were to increase to 0.0006, the monthly payment on a $45,000 car might increase by $10. Hard to say exactly without using very specific numbers.
    Thank you for the swift response, romil01.

I'm looking at the 2.5L Standard $33,990, or the 2.0T Standard $34,900. Only option in either is heated seats, maybe, which will add $450 to those MSRPs. 36month/10k year

Is there a way to private message Car_Man or just hope he sees this post?
    Here's the flier from a nearby dealer, who also happens to be top volume in nation: https://pictures.dealer.com/cadillacofnovi/bc6740970a0d02b70113e371eec1ad2f.pdf

$287/month ($304 w/ tax), $900-ish due at signing. No conquest or loyalty.
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Go back a few posts and you will see some examples of how people ask for numbers from Car_Man. Key info to post is the specific model, the lease term length, the annual mileage you want, and the state you live in.
    edited February 2013
    2013 ATS, 2.5L Standard
    MSRP: $33,990
    Term/miles: 36 months/10k yr
    Residual: .65
    Money factor: 2.80

Monthly payment (pre-tax):$287
    Due at signing: $686

>>>>>>>>>> Is that money factor fairly high?
    edited February 2013
    Car_Man would you mind shedding your expertise on this 2.0T and the previous 2.5L lease posted? Thank you.

2013 ATS, 2.0T Standard
    MSRP: $35,795
    Term/miles: 36 months/10k yr
    Residual: .65
    Money factor is .00070

Payment WITH tax: $340
    Due at signing: $576

• artemiscfartemiscf Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please tell me the current lease rates in California for the 2.0 ATS Luxury and Performance models? The lease would be for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year.

Thank you!
    Ian
  • adiaz2331adiaz2331 Member Posts: 15
    Car man

Can you please tell me the money factor and residual for a 2.0t premium for 39 month 15k mile a year lease and 48 15k. Thanks much. Also current incentives applicable.
  • cvalcval Member Posts: 2
    This particular car silver exterior with black interior. It has no sunroof, no navigation, but it does have heated front seats, and the CUE system .This car has an M.S.R.P. of $37,595.

Bank - USB
    Sales Price- 35,700
    Rebate -2300
    reg 260.69
    tax- 2087
    Acquisition fee -595
    miles $10,000
    term 36 months
    rate 2.4%
    base residual 62%
    Adjusted Residual 65%
    adj residual amt- 34,436.75

Adj Cap cost $36,343.19
  • sewellmgrsewellmgr Member Posts: 17
    Hopefully I can shed some light on this... I took a look at your deal this morning (great detail by the way). Everything appears to be on the up-and-up, whomever quoted you this took the time to get you rebates that are not open to the entire public... I am assuming that you currently have either a competitiors lease or a cadillac lease that is expiring before December 31.

The price is slightly back of most dealers invoice and is absolutely a fair deal. If you would like to negotiate $100-$200. Over all a VERY FAIR deal that I would be OK to pay myself.
  • cvalcval Member Posts: 2
    Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi darkom. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right. If you're getting GM Employee pricing you should be getting a good deal on the other important aspect of this lease, the selling price. However, it wouldn't hurt if you found out exactly what you are being charged for the car by the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Ian. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury or Performance with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings adiaz2331. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium with 15,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are 2.5% and 48%.

GM is currently providing an $800 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

There's also $1,000 loyalty cash or $1,500 cash to current owners of competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, thanks for the information. It is seemingly different from what the dealership provided. They stated that the residuals for a premium model are 58, 57, and 55% for 10,12, and 15k mile 39 month leases, respectively. If you find this conflicting information, do you have any suggestions on the best way to present it without coming off rude? I am not sure if they were checking through ally bank though. Could us bank be offering different figures?
    You're welcome adiaz2331. General Motors uses all sorts of arcane model codes in its lease bulletin. The residual values that you were quoted by the dealer are probably right and I just misinterpreted them. The important number to focus on is the lease rate because that can often be marked up by dealers. Generally speaking, dealers do not have the ability to alter banks' published residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the reply! That's a good thing to know. I can't wait to get my ATS, right now I'm monitoring the rates each month, as I'm getting closer to the end of my current lease. Hope to have the lease paid off early because I'm almost at my mileage limit! lol.
  • ranjohnranjohn Member Posts: 17
    Hi Carman:

Thanks for your advice on the 328xi. My lease ends in August but I will likely be returning it a month before (to Otto's BMW, PA) since I work at another state and have no time to go back once after July.
    So my question would be comparing that 328 xi to an ATS, which has 2.0T, MSRP 45,235, top credit tier, 36 months, 13K (I don't know if GM offers 13K, if not, then around 12K), $0 down, includes sales taxes in PA, what would be the monthly payment after all the incentives (I know this is going to happen in July, but just want to get a sense of what's coming)

Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome adiaz2331. Feel free to come back when you're closer to lease end. I'll be here.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome ranjohn. Just a heads up, you do not necessarily have to return your leased vehicle to the dealer that you originally leased it from. You can return it to any BMW dealer, as long as you contact them first and let them know. This might make things a little more convenient for you.

You can lease a vehicle through Ally with either 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year.

You can use the lease program data that's available here and the formula that is outlined in the following article to compare payments, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • sallurdaysallurday Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_Man. What are the March rates for 2013 ATS base?

I saw the GM Employee price at Cadillac of Novi for March and it's down significantly from last month.

0 Down
    36/10k

Based on 33,990 msrp
  • cwolf9cwolf9 Member Posts: 3
    Car_man would you happen to know if Ally will be releasing any Tax Credits to dealers this month for lease purchases?
  • will110will110 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to lease a 2.0 Turbo soon (probably this week).

Here's where I've got the dealer right now (In Nashville, TN) -- Any thoughts on whether I'm getting a good deal? Also -- What should the residual be right now with the below options?

Negotiated Price =$36,791 (MSRP = $37,795/Invoice = $36,411)
    36 mo/15K mile lease
    $430/mo
    $2,000 down
    RWD
    Heated Seats (driver and passenger)
    CUE and Surround Sound
    Premium Floor Mats
    Black Raven
    Black Interior
    6 Speed Auto
    No Sunroof

ALSO -- are there any incentives that I should be aware of? I keep hearing about the GM credit card. I don't have one, would it help me significantly to get one before I lease?

Thanks!
  • kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    I LEASED MINE APPX SAME MSRP FOR $317 A MONTH NOTHING DOWN 12,000 MI 36 MONTHS AND THEY GAVE ME A FREE IPAD

JUST SO YOU KNOW MY TURBO IS GETTING TERRIBLE MPG WAY UNDER 21 CITY IM GETTING COMBO OF 17 SOME OF THAT IS HWY DEALER SAYS THEY CANT DO ANYTING ABOUT IT

I THINK GM WILL BE SUED FOR FALSE CLAIMS ON MPG LIKE Hyundai

ALSO CUE HAS HAD LOTS OF PROBLEMS ! !

LOVE THE LOOKS OF CAR AND DRIVE BUT ITS GOT MAJOR PROBLEMS

K.D.
  • msheikh25msheikh25 Member Posts: 15
    That does not sound like too great of a deal. I've been researching ATS leases also and although its hard to pull of some of the really aggressive deals people post about, I think you should be able to do better. As kc1007 posted, your monthly should be in the $300s with nothing down for a car with an MSRP around 38k.
    KD1007,

I realize you are seemingly unhappy with your car, but please stop saying it over and over again. There is a large software update for CUE that is now available at all Cadillac dealerships. Maybe you should call your dealer and schedule an appt. to drop your car off to have the update performed. There are many owners who have given positive feedback regarding the update. As far as your MPG, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with driving habits. There are plenty of people on the Cadillac forums who say they get 30mpg on the highway or very close to it, with close to mid 20's combined driving, after the engine is broken in.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    edited March 2013
    Everyone that has Cue in their ATS, gets the I-Pad.

Anyone get the $10 month warranty for the run-flats on their ATS?
    I know it's only a small amount, but wasn't sure if it was really needed.
  • kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    DO YOU WORK FOR GM? YOU MUST! YOU DIDNT SAY YOU OWN A ATS THEREFORE YOU HAVE ZERO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS...

I WAS AT MY DEALER YESTERDAY ! 8TH TIME WHILE SITTING THERE ANOTHER ATS OWNER WALKED IN WITH PROBLEMS HE ALSO HAS A TURBO

I ASKED HIM WHAT MPG HE IS GETTING ? HE RESPONDED NOT GOOD ! I SAID SOOOO WHAT IS THE MPG HE SAID 17.5 COMBO WHEN I PULLED MY CAR IN DEALERSHIP MY COMPUTER SAID I WAS GETTING 15.9 MPG

PS IM NOT A KID IM 63 YRS OLD AND DONT HAVE A LEAD FOOT.

THEN I ASKED HIM IF HE LIKED HIS RADIO ? HE SAID YOU KNOW THATS ANOTHER THING IM DISAPPOINTED WITH ON THIS CAR SOUNDS CHEAP NOT WHAT HE EXPECTED FROM CADILLAC.
    edited March 2013
    I do agree with you about the radio. The 10 speaker Bose surround system
    does sound very tinny. The next time I bring the car in for service, I'm going
    to have them check the power output of each speaker to see if there
    working correctly.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    I often read about new buyers disappointments with the car they just bought and have to wonder why anyone would buy the first model year of any car and expect near perfection? I love the ATS's handling and looks. Test drove the v-6 and almost pulled the trigger but it bugged me greatly about all the add on options and for example no power tilt/telescope wheel is offered!
    If I do go for one, it will be a 14 and it will be a lease to counteract the excessively high list price.

Either way you take chance as an early buyer but get the cache of being among the first to get an ATS. I'm sure Cadillac will work hard to fix what needs fixing. For me I'd skip the Turbo and run with the V-6. It just loafs getting up to speed.

By the way, what put the ATS on the radar for me was a downtown holiday showroom in Chicago set up to show off just the ATS and give out free coffee. I signed up for a test drive and got a 50 buck Visa gift card to boot. Yeah, I will probably give the CTS a try. Just not yet.
    For $265 month total on my ATS 2.0T lease, i can learn to live with the 1st. yr.
    shortcomings. It was a complete no brainer for me not to scoop this car up.

I test drove the base 2.5 engine, and although not bad, it still seemed to be
    lacking power. I found the Turbo to be the perfect balance of power and fuel
    economy, complimenting the great handling of the ATS.
    You threw out a great number @ $265 A MONTH! Now share with us the details like how many miles per year? How much did you put down, any trade in? Finally would like to hear more on the drivability of the Turbo. Do you have to spool it up to get the torque and power? Real world mpg averages? What was the list price? Appears Cadillac is getting behind this car to push out some killer lease deals. Good luck with that first year car! I would love to be proven wrong on this!
  • 2010maxima2010maxima Member Posts: 18
    It's def worth $10 a month ... Run-flats tend to have issues depending on how you drive, terrain, etc.

One tire can cost you $225, if not more, which means that 2 years of warranty = about 1 tire and vice versa...more than worth it
    You're getting robbed on that pal ... I received a great price in NJ, obviously far for you, but the MSRP is around $47-48K with first month and DMV out, taxes rolled in (NY) it's $474 a month, 12k miles, 36 months
    Please post your deal and packages/options...I received an offer of $474 on the 3.6, luxury package, with sunroof, nav, and cold .. 12k miles and 36 month term, first month plus d,v out...everything else roles in
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, Here are the details:

2013 Caddy ATS 2.0T with CUE and sound package. Cargo net and
    Highway safety kit. MSRP. 37,290. 36 months, 10k mi yr.

Nothing down, 265 month which includes FL. tax.
    It would of been 255 month, but I took the warranty on the run-flat
    tires because they are so expensive to replace. Worth the extra 10
    bucks a month.

The difference is I have a GM rewards card, and they upped my
    earnings to $3k, plus they gave me the loyalty $1k. They used that
    as my down payment, so there was nothing out of pocket to me.
    That $4k also included the 1st payment, so only 35 payments.
    Amazing deal from an great dealer. (Coral Cadillac)
    Hey sallurday. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 26-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5L with 10,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 65%.

GM is currently providing a $800 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cwolf9. I take it that you live in Texas. I haven't heard anything about that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello,
    What is it on the 3.6 model with performance pack?
  • sullijossullijos Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I was wondering how often residual values change? I assume it's monthly but I wanted to double check. I'm considering a lease of an ATS but I'm not sure if I should wait until April to see if they extend EVA to nephews and nieces like they did in February, which would save me about $25/month.

On that note, is it possible to have a direct relative of a GM employee cosign on your lease so that you can get EVA in addition to preferred pricing?
    I'm not sure about the GM employee question, but the end of the month is a good time to buy a car ... check this week and see if the offer is good ... you can't know until you know
    Usually when you get nearer the end of the model year, the residual does go down. That said, Cadillac seems to be very aggressive in getting the deals done so I'd love to hear what you guys are seeing for deals.
    That's a "Wow" deal!
    What offer did you get?
    I'm in Metro-Detroit and just received a quote for the 2.5L ATS w/ sunroof, CUE, heated front seats, and polished wheels:

Term: 36 Months
    Miles: 16,000/year
    Total Out-of-Pocket: $668
    Per month: $324 + 6% MI sales tax

I'm going to pull the trigger if they are able to give me what I owe on my 2010 Focus. Hopefully they will work with me knowing that I will sign the lease if they do.
    Thanks, just couldn't pass it up.
    Not a bad deal
  • acncacnc Member Posts: 2
    Can you share the details of your deal; i.e., msrp, discounts, incentives, etc.? Also, what's the option level - base, performance, luxury, premium?
    Thanks
    Sure, the details are:

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.5L w/ Sun and Sound package and heated seats
    MSRP: $36,440
    Conquest Rebate: $1,500 for competitive lease in household
    GMS pricing including EVA: Not sure but EVA was an extra $1,000

Does that help?
This discussion has been closed.