Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Lexus LS

slexy1slexy1 Member Posts: 38
Does anyone have more technical specs on the new 2013 Lexus LS than this? http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/specifications/lexus/ls/

Also, does anyone have more info on the 2013 Lexus LS option packages than this? http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2013-lexus-ls-8.htm

Thanks.

Comments

• slexy1slexy1 Member Posts: 38
    FYI = I just picked up the 2013 Lexus LS 460 Brochure at a dealer. It has the specs, color charts, etc. that I was looking for. That dealer told me that he was getting in only one LS F on 11/1/12. Hopefully, pricing will come before that.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I have owned 3 LSes, 02, 05 and currently an 09 LS, been extremely satisfied with all of them. Have had virtually 0 problems with any of them. Considering a 13 now - but tried out a 13 GS while mine was in for service, and while I found the drive and handling satisfactory, it took me FOREVER to program the thing to my preferences, thanks to the BMW style Menu & Mouse function. I have avoided these since inception for the same reason - cumbersome and stupid, IMO. What's wrong with buttons? They have worked fine for decades. Even my new Ford at least has touchscreen for the programming functions. Better than a mouse! All the new Lexi have it, I see. So, I'm looking for opinions from those who buy one - how bad it is to adjust to? Seems to me, with everybody's gross aversion to driver distraction, this is the wrong way to go.
  • slexy1slexy1 Member Posts: 38
    nvbanker, I have to agree with you about any kind of a distraction from focusing on driving being bad. However, while I too drove a GS before I ordered my LS 2013 (arrival in 2/13), I did not get into dealing with the "mouse'. But, I did find this review of the GS350 on cars.com from "enthusiast88" dated 4/26/12: "The remote touch for controlling things in that massive HD display takes a little time to get used to, but after a week I find it as easy as using a computer mouse. You don?t have to use it for making common adjustments like changing radio stations and adjusting climate settings as there are redundant buttons and knobs on the dash and steering wheel (nice)."
    I'm used to computer mouses, but I'm sure I'll do it in my garage, or park somewhere, if I have to do some programming of settings. What I like about the new 12 inch screen on the GS and the LS is how much it is recessed for sun/glare protection. Many other cars have screens exposed to the sun that will make it hard to read the screen at times. As for the new touchscreens like Cadillac has, my wife and I would rather use a conviently located mouse (or voice activation) than reach out and touch a screen that will get dirty/scratchy from fingerprints over time.
  • jaswoodjaswood Member Posts: 7
    It seems to me that the Lexus "mouse" approach might be less distractive vs the touchscreen method.

But personally the new LS front fascia reminds me of the Dodge Ram truck fascia, much to "in your face".
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    edited January 2013
    As far as the mouse - I have since my original post, driven yet another 13, GS, and found it easier this time, so I assume I could learn it, and once set up for me, shouldn't be a big daily deal, as it is when I borrow the loaner and have to sit in the driveway for 10 minutes setting it up for my needs and comfort. I won't let it deter me from a new one.

But personally the new LS front fascia reminds me of the Dodge Ram truck fascia, much to "in your face".

Now, I have to agree with ya here - but I notice that virtually all the new cars have these gaping (I call them Audi style) catfish mouth front ends, and I don't like them either. But, other than a few, it seems to be the new look. So what are you going to do? I will not have another Mercedes or BMW because of down time, GM because of lack of quality in the cabin, Lincoln isn't presently in the running, so........ but I don't like 'em either.

I do love the "look" of the new interior though. Very attractive.