Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited December 2013 in Scion
"Precise, nimble and eager are the qualities that best describe the 2013 Scion FR-S's dynamic personality. Yes, the flat-4 mill needs to be revved to deliver the goods -- it flattens out a bit in the midrange -- but then pulls with enthusiasm to redline. But the FR-S is more about agility and driver involvement than challenging V8s at the stoplight drags."

Read the review and see the video.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    They have been at or near the top of the fastest-sellers list since they went on sale in the spring. In August, the FR-S and BRZ sold in about 11 days, according to Edmunds.com's calculation of days-to-turn; that is, the number of days a vehicle sits at a dealership before it is sold.

FR-S and BRZ Top the Charts

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• suirissuiris Member Posts: 1
    This car drives as well as any I've driven... and don't believe the gas mileage figures. They are better than they say. My last 2000 miles with 50/50 highway/city driving I am averaging 32 MPG with my highway topping out at nearly 36 (on a drive from Eastern PA to Cincinnati OH) and my city bottoming out at around 26 MPG (usually short, multiple stop light trips). It takes premium but I actually save money compared to my old tC (which garnered about a max of 25 in the city for me).
  • rampart57rampart57 Member Posts: 2
    AutoBlog has the in-depth article on this. I bought my Whiteout FR-S in September. It had to be reflashed the second day I had it: the Check Engine light came on and stayed on, as did the Traction light. Also, the cruise control was unresponsive. The Svc Dept. did not know the issue, but they did a quick job of fixing it. I had it back the next day and no issues since, 700+ miles later. The Service Manager said that their Subaru source in IN knew of the problem and had the fix. Apparently this is happening often enough that the auto press is writing about it. I have not seen a recall notice yet.
  • ushy66ushy66 Member Posts: 366
    Hey Guys-

If the public likes this concept, we should see it stateside in production late 2014/early 2015, and should give the Mazda Miata MX-5 a run for it's money.

Check here for more info: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1082056_toyota-teases-convertible-ft-86-fr-s-- brz-open-concept-for-geneva

Jake
  • ushy66ushy66 Member Posts: 366
    edited March 2013
    Looks mighty fine! For gallery of pics click on following links, and for some sexy FR-S 'shade' drifting, click on the video of link #2:

1.) link title
    2.) link title

Jake
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited June 2013
    between the Scion FR-S and the hot new Ford Fiesta ST. Pretty good driving skills at play here and an honest review. My view of this great new RWD sports car from Scion is not dampened by this review and I am sort of interested in both the new Ford Fiesta ST and Ford Focus ST both, so this was interesting to watch.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/26/ford-fiesta-st-in-startling-track-battle-agai- nst-toyota-gt86/

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• shelburnerickshelburnerick Member Posts: 3
    An interesting point to note is that, for the U.K. market at least, apparently 90% of the production will be Toyota and 10% will be Subaru. This is according to Top Gear, season 19, episode 3 and I've seen confirmation online by Toyota GB press relations manager Nik Pearson.

Now I don't know if that applies to only the right-hand drive production (for (e.g.) the U.K., N.Z., Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia...) or all production. U.S. sales figures to date would indicate that any agreement must be at something other than a 10 Toyotas : 1 Subaru ratio for the U.S. market at least.