Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Subaru Impreza Limited vs. 2012 Hyundai Tucson Limited with...

dolemitebmfdolemitebmf Member Posts: 1
premium package and remote starter. The Hyundai is $4,000 more expensive. Anyone own either, or have an opinion as to which would be a better deal? I test drove both and really liked both of them.

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Car or crossover? :shades:

The XV Crosstrek will be closer to the Tucson in price and height. I'd look at that, it might just be the perfect middle.

I test drove an Impreza and it's one of the better CVTs. Quiet for a small car, decent ride. Didn't push the handling much. I liked it more than the Mazda3 I drove back-to-back. Best mileage you'll find with AWD.

The Tucson I test drove was a base model with a manual transmission. That shifter and clutch were surprisingly fun. That one had FWD, I think if I was getting AWD I'd get the Subaru.

The one thing that really sets them apart - visibility. The Hyundai has horrible blind spots. We did some back up maneuvers and you basically park blind, so consider a backup cam or *really* good insurance.

Try the XV, it might be the perfect choice for you.
  • fredjohnsonfredjohnson Member Posts: 48
    @dolemitebmf, the two cars you picked aren't very comparable. They are different classes. That Tuscon is more comparable to the Forester, CRV or Rav4. I will say this, after owning 4 Honda CRV's that the Impreza is more fun to drive than any SUV because it has better steering, suspension, is lighter and has a lower center of gravity. So, you can corner faster, stop quicker and get better mpg from the Impreza. And, of course the Sub cost's less. You have to decide what you want most in a car because the two you picked aren't really comparable, nor are they cross shopped very often.