Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Honda CR-V Vs 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

cxzbnmcxzbnm Member Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Honda
The 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe looks much better on paper when compared to 2013 Honda CR-V. Santa Fe beats CR-V on gas mileage, technology, styling and total space.

Did anyone compared both the vehicle in more detail and chose CR-V over Santa Fe. Let me know why you chose CR-V. I am not able to decide.

Comments

• lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    just went this past weekend and checked out the new sante fe sport, i loved the looks of it. they had in the showroom the 2012 model and the 2013 and boy the 2012 looked dated. i think it is much nicer looking than the crv, has a better warranty but i doubt that the mpg will beat the crv. as most people know hyundai overstated mpg and the new sante fe sport was one of the vehicles included in that. the sticker on it still had the old mpg but i believe the highway mpg went down to 29 mpg. big difference from the 33 they were quoting on it. but all of that said, if you need more space, a nicer looking vehicle, in my opinion, and a 5 year warranty including roadside assistance the sante fe may be the way to go. i did not test drive it but will this coming weekend as it has made my short list of cars to drive back to back. also on the list is the crv even though i have driven it previously. how can you leave the crv off your list with its high resale value and reliability? i am kind of waiting to see the new rav4 before i make any decision but both of these suv's are worth looking at.
  • dwaggarddwaggard Member Posts: 1
    We compared the Sante Fe to the CRV pretty seriously before buying the Sate Fe The resale value was one thing that attracted us to the CRV. The reason we bought the Sante Fe over the CRV is this. We felt that the combination of the 264HP turbo and 6 speed transmission were very refined and quiet. The interior was much more comfortable and attractive, the CRV's looked kind of odd and I hated the velour style fabric. Finally they were not dealing on the CRV so Sante Fe won after offering us a $2,300.00 discount, a better warranty, better performance and a quieter ride. I admit the steering isn't the best but it isn't bad enough to keep you from buying it. Also, in CRV's favor, it probably will get better gas mileage.
  • zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    I agree about the interior of the CR-V being odd. It is truck like and is spartan compared to the Santa Fe. The CR-v has slightly more cargo volume.
    I drove both and the SF is quieter and has a more solid feel than the CR-v.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Did any of you guys buy this 2013 vehicle for $1000 below dealer invoice price excluding any incentives or rebates.. thks .........Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• chaszeechaszee Member Posts: 2
    Can't directly address 2013, but I have a 2007 Santa Fe with 40,000 miles and my wife has a 2003 CRV with 99,000, and the CRV is by far the most dependable. Santa Fe had major clutch issues a year ago and I'm going to pick it up today after dealer has had for a week and replaced the car's entire computer.
  • nfladrivernfladriver Member Posts: 1
    We currently own a CRV EX-L and generally love it, but have had starting problems and problems with fold-down rear seat. Our local dealer seems clueless and not very concerned.
    Anyway, on to the SantaFe Sport. Recently, I looked at it as a possible second SUV for us. I really liked it a lot. The AC vents for rear seat were nice. I, too, think the MPG will be less than the CRV by a good bit. Unfortunately, i did not test drive it, and squirrely driving was was of CR's complaints (they did not recommend it). The other problems were limited visibility and lack of back up camera in lower trim models. If these problems were corrected, I would be likely to seriously consider the SantaFe.