Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

09 Chevy Cobalt soda spill. No stereo or blinker sounds.

deadfish1989deadfish1989 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Chevrolet
I recently had a massive soda spillage all over the driver seat/wheel/dashboard. The radio turns on, but no sound comes from any speaker in the car. The blinkers still function but no ticking sound. Just like to know what im going to need to have replaced. thanks in advance.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Sorry that your stereo was affected by the spill, deadfish1989! What are your plans for getting this addressed (dealership, non-GM garage, etc)? Let us know as we're available to help with the process of working with a dealership.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • deadfish1989deadfish1989 Member Posts: 2
    Well i was considering doing the work myself or with a few mechanic buddies. Tell me, what kind of rates could you assume I'd be looking at for a situation like this.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Good morning!
    A perfectly fine way to go about resolving this - just checking in. If you like, I can call your preferred dealership (or help locate a nearby one with your ZIP code) and check into labor rates.
    All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    You would really benefit from the factory service manual to find the location of different modules and fuses. The factory version from Helm Inc (helminc.com) is radically expensive in paper form. Other substitutes are not even close. YOu might find one on eBay: it's a 3 volume set.

The DVD version from GM (Helm) is even more expensive, but someone might have it... Best chance, use the AllData access which your library may provide. Ours provides it but only from the computers at the library branch, because they pay per computer terminal when they purchase the rights. (Other data bases are available from our home computers--just like checking out account's list of books checked out and due dates, etc.) From the library computers, I saved pages to a USB memory stick along with graphics showing things. Libraries also will let you print out pages there.

I would check the fuses in the console accessible from the passenger side. I assume drink went in there too?

Also suggest you go to gmpartsgiant.com. By clicking on various views of information you get to one where you can click on a blue "View Info" button. That gives you a page with a gold "View" button that will give you an exploded diagram. There are lots of these so it takes patience to try to find what you a looking for. There are other sites on the web that give access to parts with views.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• jamie59jamie59 Member Posts: 1
    I have got a Nissan Sunny 1998. When turn the music on, Sometimes my car speakers making crackling noises, after a while of continuous driving, the speakers goes normal.
    I have tried turning the music at a high volume, but doesn't' seem to work.