Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Lost Another Long Time Fan

poorgmscarspoorgmscars Member Posts: 1
I purchased a '09 HHR with 36K Miles from a dealership. Within 60 days, one minor problem then another graduating to major issues averaging once a month. Now, approx. 18 months of ownership and not even 60K miles on the odometer even a friend that is a service advisor looked at the car and said sternly - GET RID OF THAT CAR. Example: Within the last 90 days it has both front axil seals, the steering column (x2 - 1st one malfunctioned within 90 days), left right shock, left front strut replaced. A little over a month ago I had new tires, so with the strut etc. replacement I had to pay for another alignment since it wasn't covered. I've always been a GM, especially Chevy person, after 40 years, they have lost me. Mechanics, friends AND TOW TRUCK DRIVERS who either has owned or knew someone told me not to buy an HHR. I like the look of the Equinox but after reading about them, AND listening to everyone - especially the tow truck drivers, I'm looking elsewhere. A few people just love their HHR/Equinox, but I have found 10x the number of people that have had numerous mechanical issues too.

Comments

• Options
    ktnrktnr Member Posts: 255
    Why on earth were you a Chevy fan in the first place? You like numb steering, flaccid brakes, and cheap, ill-fitting interior plastics? Or is it just knowing that 25% of the cars's value went to generous UAW benefits instead of toward better quality parts? I do like one thing about Chevys though - they're not Chryslers.
  • Options
    jjwoodborer1jjwoodborer1 Member Posts: 3
    You need to buy a Toyota are some other [non-permissible content removed] junk
  • Options
    moonlight293moonlight293 Member Posts: 23
    What an offensive racist comment to make.
  • Options
    jjwoodborer1jjwoodborer1 Member Posts: 3
    Not racist just a fact, if the shoe fits then wear it, a proud 45yr member of a UNION (pipefitters local 195 )
  • Options
    moonlight293moonlight293 Member Posts: 23
    Well, you wear yours well and it shows.
  • Options
    bonnanobonnano Member Posts: 9
    After owing a 2006 HHR , we have had nothing but Toyotas. I am done over paying non skilled labor for shoddy work and corner cutting. NEVER had an issue with either the Tacoma or Rav 4. I will take that "[non-permissible content removed]" technology and workmanship all day long over GM