Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Chryler Town&Country ESP/BAS, ABS, BRAKE, TRACTION CONTROL Lights on

brianf740brianf740 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2013 in Chrysler
Today all 4 lights (ESP/BAS, ABS, BRAKE, TRACTION CONTROL) came on at once on my 2008 Chrysler Town and Country. I tried pulling codes manually with the key method but no codes came up. The 4 lights do not come on until I hit 12 mph. I am thinking it is the front wheel speed sensors. Does this diagnostic make sense? Is this an easy DIY fix? I cannot find any instructions on the proper way to do this. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Comments

• Options
    srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Yes, I think a wheel speed sensor could be the culprit. You should take it someplace or borrow an OBD-II code reader and see what codes are set.

FWIW, I had to replace one of the rear wheel speed sensors last year on our 2007 DGC. Don't recall exactly what warning lights were lit, but know for sure one of them was the traction control indicator (TC). I had my local shop make the repair as I did not have the time to fool with it. The total cost to replace it was something like $195.
  • Options
    ladybugariladybugari Member Posts: 2
    Do you have an update on this? Mine just did the EXACT same thing you've described. I'll be taking it in, but just trying to get an estimate of what's going to come. Thanks!
  • Options
    brianf740brianf740 Member Posts: 2
    the weird thing about mine was that after I took it through the car wash the lights went off perhaps a dirty wheel sensor not quite sure but it went away
  • Options
    taintotainto Member Posts: 1
    Our van just started with all 4 lights on last night. We did have the van washed yesterday and live in the Chicago area where it is quite cold lately. Do you think freezing could be a culprit?
  • Options
    jimohaganjimohagan Member Posts: 1
    Same thing started yesterday for me. Live in Rockford. It was really icy, and my wheels spun going up an incline that made the speedometer register 120 mph. Sounds like exactly the same problem you all are having.
  • Options
    ladybugariladybugari Member Posts: 2

I'm in South Texas. The cold fronts started coming in and the lights stopped doing it. It's been gone for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I'll have to wait and see if it comes back when it warms up again.