Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 GMC Terrain Gauges going crazy

sammiesummersammiesummer Member Posts: 2
I just bought this 2010 Terrain used it has 57K miles on it. WE have had it for about 2 weeks with no issues. But yesterday while driving home all of a sudden the a/c would shut off, gauges would go crazy, and some warning lights would pop up. After a min it would all go back to normal then 10 seconds later crazy again. We got to where we were going turned car off for awhile. It started again while I was driving. Got to our 2nd destination turned the car off. When we got back everything was fine and has been so far today. Has this happened to anybody else, any clue what this could be?
Tagged:

Comments

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    In general when I read things like this (multiple weird stuff happening in cabin) I have to think about an issue with BCM (Body Control Module) that has its fingers in many things on the inside. I haven't had a BCM break myself, but once had somewhat issue due to a leaky sunroof that allowed moisture to go where it shouldn't, after drying out it was fine and hasn't re-occurred since.
  • sammiesummersammiesummer Member Posts: 2
    Would that be covered under powertrain warranty?
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    If the issue IS with BCM it should be covered under basic warranty, but I'm not so sure about extended power train warranty
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi sammiesummer,

I can understand how having this suddenly happen to your vehicle can be alarming. If you have any warranty specific questions or need any help getting into a dealership to get this checked please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care