Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 GMC Sierra Driving Experience

john178john178 Member Posts: 48
The ride in my recently purchased 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT/Z71 is as comfortable as the Cadillac DTS I recently owned. The improvements and extra features found on this truck are impressive. The power folding mirrors, parking sensors in both back and front, voice activated commands, and the extra leg room in the back seat are much appreciated. I'd like to see this get the 2014 Truck of the year award.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi

I am so glad to see that you are so happy with your 2014 GMC Sierra! If you ever have any questions about warranty, features, dealer locations or updates feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com

Jackie
    GM Customer Care
  • jbszojbszo Member Posts: 1
    Any of you 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 owners feeling vibrations in the steering starting at 35 mph and getting worse by 45 mph? I like this truck a lot its very comfortable ,which was my main concern, with lots of leg room and 21mpg around town but in those 35 and 45mph speed zones the vibrations are annoying. GM says they are aware of the problem. Time will tell what happens.
  • afp66302xramafp66302xram Member Posts: 1
    It seems that Automotive Journalists don't look at the door jams or look at V.I.N. numbers when testing a vehicle. First digit of the V.I.N # is a 3-which means MADE IN MEXICO. GM spent 420 Million Dollars in Re-Tooling a Plant In Mexico for the launch of this 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. Seems That TAX PAYERS LIKE ME didn't have a say so in keeping jobs in America. GM claims that they can make as much as $12,000 per vehicle and were looking at maximum profit not our economy or jobs. GM said they are shipping most of the new 2014's to Texas for the big launch of this vehicle. Hey America look at the V.I.N. sticker in the door jam "Hecho in Mexico" This has got to be the biggest scam on the American Taxpayer in recent history. Why wasn't there a clause in the bailout to keep jobs in America? In Mexico they use re-cycled copper wire in the wire harness's which over time creates electrical problems. Trucks made here use new copper wire in the wiring harnesses. Good luck on this scam of taxpayer funded bailout money gone wrong. Good luck with your MADE IN MEXICO CHEVROLET SILVERADO'S AND GMC SIERRA'S
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    And why didn't GM have to repay the taxpayers after the bailout? They are bragging about record profits. Time to get off the welfare wagon.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2013
    Just to include where Ford makes their vehicles-

Among Ford's trucks and sport utility vehicles, the Escape is built in Claycomo, Missouri. The related Edge and Flex crossover vehicles are built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada alongside related Lincoln models. The popular Explorer is built in Louisville, Kentucky and previously in Hazelwood, Missouri. The full-size Expedition SUV is also built in Louisville, but was previously assembled in Wayne, Michigan until that plant changed its emphasis to smaller vehicles. Ford F-Series pickup trucks are manufactured at a variety of plants depending on cab style. These plants include Dearborn, Michigan; Kansas City, Missouri; Valencia, Venezuela and Cuautitlan, Mexico. The Transit Connect cargo and passenger vans are built in Kocaeli, Turkey and Craiova, Romania for the American market. The trusty ford E-Series Econoline van is manufactured in Avon Lake, Ohio.
  • donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    I believe my escape was built in Louisville, Ky.
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Member Posts: 86
    THIS IS CHEVY COUNTRY. NOT FORD. GO TO THE FORD BOARD
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    There's no need to yell.
  • teddy79teddy79 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 2014 Sierra 5.3 l, like the truck but am alittle annoyed at how it handles cruise control. Would expect to not feel any change when the speed drops a km, however you get a surge - the RPMs jump as if you've dropped a gear. From 1 km really. Talked to the dealer, answer was that this is new model and that they where not familure with how it should operate. Any one else have this problem. What about gas milage, don't expect the world here ,but literature say 8.7l/100km for hyw, and 13 for city, I drive mainly hyw and quite conservatively am luck to get 12.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    You can't measure mpg on a new motor. Wait until 5,000 miles or so for an accurate assessment.
  • john178john178 Member Posts: 48
    Teddy- I have 7500 miles on my 2014 Sierra (SLT); 5.3 L. I have not had this issue with my cruise control. On the highway I am getting 21.3 mpg and the best I have recorded (straight only freeway driving) has been 23.
    Thanks, will need to take the truck in to be serviced then. The mpg quoted, am from Canada, so just to be sure 21.3 mpg US gal or Imperial?
  • john178john178 Member Posts: 48
    US Gallons
    I only achieved 23 mpg by100% driving on interstate- with no pull offs; straight driving.
    What axel ratio is your truck - mine is the 3.42, to get the higher towing capability.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

Can Chevrolet still claim to be the heart beat of America for a truck henco in Mexico? that's really sad they went to Mexico to build this truck when so many other manufactures seem to be doing fine building their product in the USA.

• slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    I am in the market for a new Sierra or a Silverado. I came close to buying a 2014 Z71 LT today but it didn't have seat heaters like I was hoping it would...so I passed on it. Plus I wanted the Crew Cab with the short box and not the smaller rear seats in the Double Cab. I now want to know what the equivalent GMC model is for the truck I passed up. I will cross post in Silverado forum so don't shoot me for asking a similar question over there!