Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Transmission Problem

quickiequickie Member Posts: 4
I purchased a 2010 Buick Lacrosse LTZ two weeks ago. It has 40,000 miles on it. Last week my wife was driving on the highway and all of a sudden the car had zero acceleration. She was able to navigate it over to the breakdown lane. The car's engine ran fine but would not accelerate. The car would not move in drive nor reverse either. This problem came out of the blue. Well the car is in the dealer service area and we are being told that they needed to order a part for the transmission. We have owned the car for three weeks and for 1/2 of the time it has been in for service. Very disappointed in Andover, Ma. I'll try and keep you posted while we drive around in a 1997 Chevy Van that was lent to us from the dealer. Not exactly the car I expected to be driving.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi quickie,

I understand your dissatisfaction with your vehicle at this time and apologize that you're experiencing this issue with your transmission. Your dealer is the best person to handle this situation at this point. We would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership for additional information on the progress of your repair. Please let us know if you'd like for us to assist.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • quickiequickie Member Posts: 4
    Yes I would like very much for you to look into this. The dealership where the car is being serviced? is Woolworths in Andover, Ma. It was brought there at the beginning of last week and we have not received a single phone call from them. Every contact with them has been us calling them. I'm getting a little tired of driving there cargo van. Please help.

Quickie!!!!!!!!
    Hi quickie,

Can you please email me at socialmedia@gm.com? That will make it easier for us to communicate from here on out. I plan on reaching out to your dealership tomorrow August 27th. Could you please email me your full name and VIN? Thanks and I look forward to receiving your message.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    The paper work is with the dealer along with the car therefore I do not have the VIN. I'm sure if you tell them that my name is Kenneth E. Silva and purchased the 2010 Lacrosse from Auto Use they should know which car it is.

Thanks, Ken
    I'm sorry, I didn't get into the office until this afternoon. Have you heard anything from the dealer yet? I still plan on reaching out to Woodworth Chevrolet tomorrow afternoon to get a few more details of the situation. I will reach back out to you here or if sending an email would be easier please let me know. Talk to you soon.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Spoke with them last night. Car is suppose to be ready today. I'll keep you informed. Thanks for everything.

Quickie
    Hey Quickie,

I did reach out to the dealer but kept getting forwarded to voice mail. I'm glad they're in contact with you and I appreciate the updates. I'll be waiting to hear of the final outcome. If I don't hear from you by Friday enjoy your holiday!

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • vakmere1vakmere1 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Lacrosse LTZ ?
  • judyr3judyr3 Member Posts: 6
    Although I have no solutions for you, I want to share I have a similar problem with a 2008 LaCrosse which I bought new. When I scheduled an oil change two weeks ago, I was told I was due for transmission fluid at 50000 miles. Three days after the fluid replacement, my car stopped moving with no warning. It could only move in lower gears.The mechanic insisted the breakdown was not related to the fluid replacement. I would think a purpose of changing transmission fluids is to prevent transmission breakdowns.
    Even after getting my new transmission, I continue to seek answers to questions the mechanic could newer on what caused this problem. I have been in touch with GM and awaiting an investigation.