Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lincoln Town Car 98

martinkymartinky Member Posts: 3
After starting my TC makes noises on the passenger side that seem to be coming from behind and below the glove box.

Someone suggested it may be the vacuum operated blend doors.

Advice? How do I stop them from continually operating?

It happened after my car died and I jumped it back up. It is not the AC/ heater blower motor. I checked it.

Comments

• Options
    euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Try disconnecting the battery by removing the Neg cable from the battery post for an hour or two. Overnight if possible. The move may reset the electrics that control the blend doors.
  • Options
    hey thanks i'll try it and see what happens.
  • Options
    that did not work. also i broke the arm of the actuator, what now?
  • Options
    nwraaanwraaa Member Posts: 177
    Search "Blend Door Actuator" in this forum. You may find the answer.
  • Options
    205lilone205lilone Member Posts: 1
    I started getting a p0455 code about a week ago since then the car began to hesitate, lose gas mileage, stutter and cut off. Now its shaking and over heating which is prompting me to take it to a mechanic tomorrow. I however am a woman and mother and I do not want this man trying to get over so I need as much information on the issue as possible. I've already tried the gas cap and resetting the code but it came back and a day later was when the shaking started. I guess a finite question would be can a leak in the evap system cause the car to shake? Any help would b GREATLY appreciated. Thanks 4 reading! ^_^
  • Options
    euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Your first and most major problem is Trusting Men. So, get references of the mechanics and techs in your area & follow the advice of others who have had a positive experience with their trusted fixers. There are some very good women out there that are very knowledgable about repair. Perhaps you can find one of them in your area.