Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Wolsfburg Gear shift +/- symbol Turbo

cajphoto1cajphoto1 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2013 in Volkswagen
I have a 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 Turbo Black that I purchased in June 2013 with 75k miles. So far the car runs very well and I have only had to change the rear brakes. Front brakes are at 75%. I seem to be losing tire pressure about every 4-5 weeks though. I use premium gas and the dealer did an oil change synthetic blend at purchase although I may get a full synthetic change on my own soon. The car seems to start rough in the morning lately so I will also check the battery.

My question: I cannot figure out how to use the automatic gear shift in Drive for the +/- symbol. The shifter pushes to the right and the dashboard display changes to show numbers 6 5 4 3 2 1 with 1 highlighted. I read the manual but its a very brief paragraph so can someone please explain this to me.

Thanks!

Comments

• philwang66philwang66 Member Posts: 61
    I certainly hope the OP has figured this out by now...

That said, the 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg has a 6-speed automated Manual transmission (DSG). When you move the shift lever right when at a standstill you should end up in 1 (1st gear). Move the lever up to upshift to the next gear, down to downshift. Even in manual mode, it will automatically downshift to avoid stalling, but I don't recall whether upshifts happen automatically at redline.