Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Smart Key Remote Start?

mielsonwhealsmielsonwheals Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I bought a used 2009 Nissan Altima SL with Intelligent Key system. Sometimes, the car will actually remotely start. It seems if I press some sequence of buttons on the Smart Key, the engine will remotely start. I have yet to figure out what the sequence is. Then, if I get in the car, when I put my foot on the brake, the engine shuts off. I can't find anything about this in the manual. Anyone else have a similar issue or know anything about it? Thanks!

Ryan

Comments

• gerberseangerbersean Member Posts: 1
    Aftermarket starters using factory remote are available. Directed (xpresskits) makes remote start ready bypass modules. You can start by pressing the lock button 3 times with one of these installed. Foot on the brake kills the motor as part of the take over process. There is a process to taking over the car without killing the engine. It's usually hitting the unlock button on the fob and then pressing the brake shortly after.

Hope that's the case for you. Everything would look fairly stock till you dig around in the wiring harness.