Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2001 Olds Alero

I am hearing an air leak after engine heats up. I sprayed carb cleaner around intake area and all symptoms pointed to intake leak. Replaced gasket first, then manifold, and am still getting air leak. Ran smoke test, and saw smoke getting by one of the injectors. Does this sound like it could be the culprit? Doesn't really effect the performance, but a slight rough idle after it heats up. Any help is appreciated, as it is driving me effing crazy!!!

Comments

• hunterg10167hunterg10167 Member Posts: 2
    I am hearing an air leak after engine heats up. I sprayed carb cleaner around intake area and all symptoms pointed to intake leak. Replaced gasket first, then manifold, and am still getting air leak. Ran smoke test, and saw smoke getting by one of the injectors. Does this sound like it could be the culprit? Doesn't really effect the performance, but a slight rough idle after it heats up. Any help is appreciated, as it is driving me effing crazy!!!