Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued XVIII

Comments

• eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    Aren't all of the flares coming through painted now? My HD came through with painted flares, or is this a Chevy/GMC difference? The Carmine red GMC I saw on the lot also had painted flares. How are you getting the UBF's still?

Or is it a package difference (SLT/LT VS. SLE/LS)?
    -Eric
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    without your platic center caps. I did this morning and got some funny looks. Bunch of people on the road were looking at my wheels. Went to menards to buy a rotozip for fathers day and a guy coming out goes i had the same thing happen to me not to long ago. I said what? He was like some &*#%#^& stole my center caps. I was like no mine are soaking in hot soapy water. Just to lazy to put em back on. Blew his mind

Ryan
  • titus2titus2 Member Posts: 6
    are probably the two best colors when going 2 tone. BTW has anyone ever priced the center caps on for the aluminum wheels?
  • grnsilveradogrnsilverado Member Posts: 23
    Hey I got my Rhino Liner yesterday, they did a great job, it cost me $418 (including tax) for UTR. I was wondering if it was okay to wash the truck today or is it better to wait a few days. I ordered my rail caps and they will be here Wednesday, I am going with DeeZee rail caps ($79)and Husky toolbox ($199) at Home Depot, Diamond plate. Does anyone have this setup? I hope the Toolbox and railcaps match though? I guess we will see.
    Do they have any black diamond plate tool boxes there?

If so i may have to jump ship and shop at the competitor.

NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK titus

Ryan
    Yeah they have black also, I don't remember if they are on sale or not, but yeah the do. Is Husky a Okay brand? I asked this question like 5 times already but no one has anwered. I know the chrome is on sale.
    Thanks for the info ill have to go check it out

$199? Was the black cheaper?

Husky? I dont know how they are. I see alot around here on trucks and they look like the hold up pretty well. A few BEAT UP old fords have em in the plant i work in and they look better than the truck

Thanks for the info.

Also how does it install? Drill into the bedrails? Will it go over bedrail caps?

Ryan

Beach Bum Dogg

Ryan
    Yeah, I think the black was on sale also. They are over the rail, but I'm not really sure how they install. Husky is to Home Depot as Craftsman is to Sears, so they come with a lifetime warranty. I looked at it and it was constructed really well, and the hydraulics functioned well. Glad I can help Ryan! I'm going to buy the box on monday so I will let you know all the details, How are your Husky floor mats doing, and do they hold up good and protect your carpet? Do you have the humpliner and rear protector.
  • 87lion87lion Member Posts: 166
    I like the Victory Red over Medium Charcoal for two tones. Not a big fan of flares but if you gotta have 'em I like them painted.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    But the pictures you post have not been showing lately.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..talked to my buddy today....he says about $150 to $200 tops to do it for me.....that will work...(as yes he is a pro)

Now I just gotta sell this pig and get an HD ordered!

I saw a 2-tone today..(blue and pewter)...and the second color starts where the door changes...and the entire molding is painted to the lower tone.....Tom..how did you do yours?....it looks like there will be no need for new moldings as they are not even coming off?

He also said it will be no problem to paint the flares like I have now..(assuming that's what it will have when I get it)

So since they pimped me on orange...carmine/gold it is boys....2 tone!

..and yeah babs....your pictures haven't been showing up

- Tim
    ....like it's all new now again!

...already got the new skins picked out and the tie downs...(no rails this time)

...same Duraliner drop in..(new one that is)

cutom 2 tone.....ASC Power moonroof.....Power rear slider.....dunno about steps yet?....gotta find some cool/funky non-traditional nerfs or something?

damn I be tired

toodles

- Tim
    Damn picturetrail

go here to check out pics

http://www.picturetrail.com/ryanbab

GRN

i only have the front floor liners. They work great. They were filthy (dried mud small rocks) and i cleaned em today. Vacuumed and wiped em with a damp cloth and they look like new.

I do not have the rear floor liner. I am thinking of getting it. For now i have black towels covering the floor in the backseat. This works fine for now

Ryan

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    the pictures show up when they shouldn't...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!
  • mr620mr620 Member Posts: 60
    anyone out there know what is new for 2002 gm 1/2 ton truck (ie, sierra and silverado). I heard rumor of 4 wheel steering and 17" wheels but nothing substantiated.
    GmBuypower.com says Sunset Orange is still an option?...course that don't mean nuttin'.

It also doesn't let you choose a 4:10 rear with the 8.1!

What's with that?

- Tim
    anyone know exactly how these puppys are on here?..Clips?..tape?...adhesive?..other?

- Tim
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    check fax...................
    oaklee doaklee Pal.

gimme a few hours

- Tim
    they have those clips (plastic round head) and 3m tape. Thats all

Ryan
    ...have you seen this yourself though?

- Tim
  • hdriderhdrider Member Posts: 49
    Ryan, something must be wrong with my computer too, cuz all your photos showed up on mine as well...
    Dave
  • tucsonjwttucsonjwt Member Posts: 265
    plastic splash shields. They also have 3M tape. Each flare comes with one big plastic srew which you push in one hole to hold the flare in place while you install the other push pins. Then you pull back the backing from the 3M tape and push the flare up against the fender so seal it in place. There are two strips on the sides of the flare, and one strip on top of the flare.
    They are simple and quick to install. I was a bit leery about gluing the flares to the painted fender, but that's the way everything attaches now. I think the tape just pulls the flare tight against the fender - the pins keep the flare attached to the truck.
    This is all for the factory replacement flares, not the matte finish flares that come with the truck when you order it.
    Pretty soon you will be as cool as Ryan with your new flares.:) :)
    LOL

already gots 'em boss.....

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/LT1.jpg

...never thought I'd ask about flares though?

LOL

......gots to know if I'm gonna take 'em off though

Thanks

- Tim

do you need Ryan's email address? He'll answer all your flare inquiries within 24 hrs., as long as Jess says it's ok to play with us......LOL
    ..Now if only knew about nerf bars and wade bed rail caps and maybe husky liners....maybe

BWHAHAAAHAHAHA

...just kiddin' Babs....

- Tim
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Member Posts: 387
    Ryan et al,

Well took my truck in this past Friday to the dealer for 3 things.

1. Oil Change
    2. Mud Flap Installation
    3. Squeak in back of driver inside cab.

Parts guy told me that they DID make flaps for my truck WITH the wheel flares but they would only fit on the back. So I bring the truck in and the service guy calls and says they do not make them. I tell him the parts guy two days prior said they did.

Service Manager calls me back and says he has checked and they do not make them. I said whatever.

Service Manager says my truck is "quiet as a mouse" and that he test drove it himself and heard nothing. He then tells me that its a truck give it time to get more mileage on it... WHATEVER! So the only thing they did was an oil change.. BIG DEAL. I could have done that myself...LOL

Bottom line is it seems all dealerships do not want to deal with petty stuff.. or even major stuff until your car/truck is out of warranty.

So I guess I will end up ordering Husky flaps myself and as for the squeak.. I spose I still have to figure it out for myself as well. If I have some time to waste (NOT!) I will make another appt at another dealer and take THEM for a ride to prove that there is a SQUEAK! LOL

Later,

Jim
    dealer service centers have great personal don't ay think? first thing they're taught is how to write "could not duplicate" on service order. taught me to find a patch of road around the dealership that would produce the noises I was hearing before going in. then take the shop foreman for a spin down the street that will produce the symptom. found out the first time I ever took my truck in that shop foreman, and some techs. are hard of hearing, and can't feel or see. got tired of wasting my time too. now I go straight to the service manager and usually get the results that someone should get the first time.
    did i not answer the flare question correctly?

All questions are answered in less than 24 hrs guaranteed unless i am out of town fishing where i have no access to a phone line or cable line.

I did redo my wade bedrail cap yesterday. Took the whole darn thing off peeled all tape off cap and truck (what a pain in the rear) and reapplied. Fits like a glove.

Ryan
    my dealerships shop foreman isnt hard of hearing.

It takes him a minute but he ususally believes and agrees with me.

Ryan
    an internet paging doo dad that keeps me in contact with him all day should I have a question concerning the bartop. sounds like you are behind the times ace. just can't keep up with the big boys huh? he he
    You mean TIM?

Yea i am behind the times. I do not own a cell phone, pager, or palm pilot.

I do have a laptop. I do take it when i go fishing but i have no telephone hook up there. WE ROUGH it. Its kinda nice and relaxing. No air conditioning either which really sucks

Ryan
    You dont even have yahoo messenger or aol instant messanger so i wouldnt be talking to much stuff

Ryan
    them when everyone else has what i need? not into reading much are ya? it says TIM not time.Dohh!
    now can we get back to flares and such, the gang is waiting.
    go fishing?
    you said when you go fishing, that you don't have A/C and that it sucks. and i didn't edit anything, you just don't pay close attention to detail. you did say you were going to school though to be .......what was it? oh yeah an engineer.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAA
    i am smart enough to point our a mistake and you go back and edit it.

be a man and admit that. You made a small mistake i wont hold it against you

so hows your fathers day? Did your son getya anything for your truck?
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    How many times have you read things wrong. So in a hurry to go nowhere ya know. I remember the time you posted in the Tundra topic that you weren't thinking when you posted but just spitting things out......oh man oh man...doh!!
    look at the last post and tell me, when was the last time anyone spelled out with an r at the end?
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    I finally went back to America's Tire shop to complain for the third time about the wobble in my BFG TA and Weld Racing wheels. This time I came prepared with results of swapping the factory wheels back on. They were very nice and kept the truck all day to figure it out. The answer: replace all the tires. They all wobble side to side and it's not the wheels. Since mine are a special order size I won't know for a week or so if it's fixed. I know BFG is supposed to be good but this has been a real hassle. I like the tires otherwise.
    but be careful when posting about the (bleep).(bleep).(bleep)., cause it's not acceptable here. ahe he
    have that

that comment i made stating i didnt think about it first was because i didnt have all the facts i needed to read the whole thing first

Ryan
    Hey Ryan what percentage is your Tint, in North Carolina the Highest I can go is 35%, but I'm not sure what the factory tint is in the back. I hate North Carolina
    i dont know the %

all i know its the darkest that is legal in indiana
    get yerself some e-mail and net access on yer cell phone like me so I can get answers man!

LOL

- Tim......(or is it time?)
    HEY if you cant reach me at home WAIT!
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Member Posts: 387
    all the guys in my dealership are hard of hearing. But I will definitely reproduce the problem for them when I have some extra time. So far other than the annoying "squeak" all is well.
    Hey Ryan what percentage is your Tint, in North Carolina the Highest I can go is 35%, but I'm not sure what the factory tint is in the back. I hate North Carolina
    i think someone said the rear tint (factory) was close to 30

Ryan
This discussion has been closed.