Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra Problems

Comments

• eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    I concur, sounds like you got an excellent deal on your truck (how is the oil change done, every 3k or by the book - just curious). Good luck with your new truck.

BTW you would do better posting that message in the rate your Tundra forum, not the problem forum (lol).
    -Eric
  • rob133rob133 Member Posts: 24
    Take a look at all the problems that Toyota is having with their engines, the sludge board is full of controversy about Toyotas engines, they don't seem to be as strong and long lasting as other engines from Honda etc. and are very sensitive to oil changes, more than 3000 owners have had engines fry, and if you are doing your own oil changes, watch out! Toyota won't honor that.
  • ndahi12ndahi12 Member Posts: 235
    What does this have to do with the TUNDRA? Did you read the title of the thread before you posted? This is amazing. If you want to post about the sludge problem, please do it in the correct thread. The Tundra V8 engine does not have a sludge problem.
  • rob133rob133 Member Posts: 24
    Toyota says they don't have a sludge problem with any of their vehicles, not just the Tundra, but it seems that a lot of Toyota owners have been having these problems with their Toyota engines. Seems like a lot of controversy about it. Its just information, use it how you may, I'm not attacking anyone.
  • twowheelertwowheeler Member Posts: 89
    I got the following options on my Tundra:

* 3-in-1 in-dash CD (single CD not the changer)
    * Fog Lamps
    * 5 spoke alloy wheels
    * Convenience package/Keyless entry
    * floor mats

It's got the white exterior with light charcoal interior. And yes, I love the new car/truck smell! It even gets the garage smelled up with that scent. Kinda like perfume, I guess.

It's fairly basic on the options; I wouln't have minded getting the ABS but none of the trucks the dealer had in stock had the ABS with the color/options I wanted. And he "tried" calling other dealers and looked up on the dealer inventory database for the package I wanted. "closest" one with what I wanted was about 100 miles away in Palm Springs. Well, I didn't want to burn up anymore time shopping, so I took the one without the ABS - that's the only thing lacking in my new truck that I wanted. I don't think it's a very big deal though. Any thoughts? Should I have held out for the ABS?

The oil change package I got was for every 4 months or factory recommended change (5,000 miles) whatever comes first. But I think I'll probably change more often between the freebies (by yours truly) especially during the break-in period.

I know this is the problem forum but I just wanted to reply to the above posts. Hopefully, I won't have a need to ask about problems with my Tundra, but judging on the heated debates above, I guess I'll be at least checking posts frequently for the fun of it.

Later, JD
  • losangelesemtlosangelesemt Member Posts: 279
    Hey I have ABS on my truck right now and think I've used it maybe once in 6 years. People have been driving cars for years safely before the option was ever available. Its kinna like airbags i guess. Theyre great to have for those rare occasions, but not absolutely necessary. I'm kinna suprised Toyota doesn't go ahead and make ABS standard on all trucks period. I think they have a little something left to be desired when it comes to options.

My truck wil be straight from factory, but I still think I might pass on ABS unless theyre gonna throw it in. I dont have a huge trailer or anything to haul so im not too worried, guess it might be worth it for some. It's not like you can get going fast enough in L.A. to worry about ABS lol. Heck, I could probably get by with just 1st gear most days.
  • krezabekkrezabek Member Posts: 5
    In December, at 52,000 (primarily highway) miles my overdrive failed, and the transmission had to be replaced. I've owned 7 Toyotas since 1980, including this one and my wife's 2002 Camry, so I don't have a bone to pick. However, I just thought this might be of interest to anyone considering buying a Tundra. I sure don't have the confidence to buy a Toyota pickup again!
    I for one do not like ABS. I like the fact that Toyota has it as an option. I like to modulate my own brakes. The noise and vibration that some ABS brakes do annoy me. I had ABS in my 96 G20 and I did not like it at all. It is reported that the Tundra ABS clunk on occasion.
    Tell us more about your tranny failure. What did Toyota do? Toyota has a 60K mile powertrain warranty and they should have fixed it for you. What did the techs say caused the tranny failure.
  • f1julesf1jules Member Posts: 288
    No ABS on my truck either. I don't really miss it though.
    Im with Ndahi, kinna wondering what Toyota did for ya. Im guessing you've been fairly happy with Toyota after so many vehicles. Wondering in general how the rest of your Toyotas faired. Certainly i can't say the tranny goin out at 50,000 is acceptable, but I dont know if i would go so far to curse Toyota pickups for life, unless you've had other pickups with similar probs.
  • darubedarube Member Posts: 10
    Probably be buying a Tundra in the next few days....and I saw 2 different security systems options. Code V3 is "VIP RS3000 Deluxe Alarm System" and Code V5 is "VIP RS3000 Plus Security System". Does anyone know the difference between these? I saw nothing about them on the Toyota site. Or should I go with Lojack?
  • f1julesf1jules Member Posts: 288
    I don't know what the difference is between them. Do you live or work in a high crime area? If so, I would get the lojack.

I got the VIP alarm system more for the keyless entry than anything. I had it on my last car and liked it enough to get it on my truck. Dealer gave it to me at cost installed when I bought the truck.
  • twowheelertwowheeler Member Posts: 89
    If you get the "VP" convenience package option on the Tundra, it comes with keyless entry already. I would go with the Lojack if you could grind the dealer into giving you a good deal on it. I got mine at "cost" or $325. Depending on where you live, your insurance co may give you a good discount for anti-theft devices that are installed.
  • krezabekkrezabek Member Posts: 5
    I've loved every Camry and Corolla I've owned. All my previous Toy's have been sold with at least 135,000 miles. One at 212,000 miles! That's why I tried the Tundra. And it was repaired under warranty. What happened? Well, I'm sure not a mechanic, but I first noticed a "clunky" shift at about 35 mph while pulling away from a stop sign. Noticed periodic rough shifting from 2nd to 3rd with OD on. No symptoms with OD off. Also noticed the shifter more difficult to pull down into forward gears. A friend unhooked the cable, and it was not binding...which implied internal problems. First service visit, it was diagnosed with the computer as no apparent problem (and, of course, it showed no symptoms during the test drive!) Occurred off and on for a week before total failure of the OD, and "check engine" light came on. When the pan was removed to check solenoids (?), metal shavings were found in the fluid.
    I agree that what happened to your tranny should not have happened. But it is not a chronic tundra problem. Most of the boards that I read do not mention tranny problems. They mention brake problems, some vibration problems, rattles and squeaks, but no tranny problems.

Second, only the tundra offers 60K powertrain warranty. Had this happened to a Chevy/Ford/Dodge truck owner, then they would have been SOL. You did not have to pay a penny out of you own pocket to fix this. You would have been royally pissed had you paid to fix it.

Third, no truck is perfect. But from reading the many posts in Town Hall and the surveys, the Tundra is far and away better in reliability than the other big trucks.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Complaints reported to the NHTSB number about 0.6 per 1000 vehicles for Tundra, almost double the number reported for GM or Ford full size pickups.
    At least his tranny failure was fixed under Warranty. The tranny failure by a GM/Ford/Dodge will not be fixed under warranty since they only have 36K miles warranty. If he owned a GM/Ford/Dodge he would have been SOL.
    You like to make things up. I found similar tranny failure complaint for the 2000 Tundra as for the Chevy, Dodge and F150 at NHTSA

ODI ID: 724076 Make: CHEVROLET TRUCK Model: C1500 Year: 2000

Incident: No
    Fire: No
    Number of Injuries: 0
    Date of Failure: 03/17/2000
    Component: POWER TRAIN:TRANSMISSION:AUTOMATIC
    Summary: 1. THE FIRST INCIDENT WITH THE TRANSMISSION GOING OUT WAS A FACTORY DEFECT. IT HAD PROBLEMS GOING INTO REVERSE AND IT WOULD GET STUCK BETWEEN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR IT WAS REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE. 2. THE SECOND INCIDENT WAS A O-RING BUSTED LOOSE FROM THE RADIATOR THAT CONNECTED THE TRANSMISSION LINE TO THE RADIATOR AND SPURTED TRANSMISSION FLUID ON THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND SPARK PLUG WIRES WITH CAUSED THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT TO CATCH ON FIRE. THE REPLACED WHAT THEY FELT NEEDED TO BE REPLACED.

ODI ID: 756417 Make: TOYOTA TRUCK Model: TUNDRA Year: 2000

Date of Failure: 12/13/2001
    Summary: INITIAL SYMPTOM BEFORE FAILURE - DIFFICULTY PUTTING STEERING COLUMN SHIFTER INTO FORWARD GEARS AND "CLUNKY" ROUGH SHIFTING FROM DRIVE GEAR (3RD) INTO AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE. OCCURRED PERIODICALLY FOR 1 WEEK PRIOR TO TOTAL FAILURE OF OD. TOYOTA SERVICE DEPARTMENT COULD NOT IDENTIFY PROBLEM ON 2 OCCASIONS IN THIS PERIOD. ONLY AFTER TOTAL FAILURE AND "IDIOT" LIGHT (CHECK ENGINE) CAME ON WAS TOYOTA SERVICE WILLING TO LOOK INTERNALLY, ONLY TO FIND METAL SHAVINGS IN THE PAN.*AK

ODI ID: 879887 Make: DODGE TRUCK Model: RAM 1500 Year: 2000

Incident: Yes
    Date of Failure: 02/02/2001
    Summary: WHILE VEHICLE WAS IDLING, CONSUMER LEFT IT IN PARK AND EXITED VEHICLE WITH WIFE IN PASSENGER SEAT, THERE WAS A LOUD NOISE AND VEHICLE JUMPED TO REVERSE AT A FAST SPEED INTO A STORE. *SLC

ODI ID: 561471 Make: FORD TRUCK Model: F150 Year: 2000

Date of Failure:
    Summary: THE TRANSMISSION FAILED. NLM

All trucks are prone to tranny failure. So do not go around spreading misinfromation.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Don't pay too much attention to Quad - he is just a poor misguided Chev owner with a raging case of Tundra envy.
    I don't see your point. When I said Tundras are generating complaints to the NHTSA at a rate double G.M. or Ford, I wasn't specifically referring to transmissions, just complaints in general. But it doesn't matter, because the rate of complaints for Tundra transmission woes also exceeds the rate for Silverado even by your numbers of 7 for Tundra and 28 for Silverado, since Silverados outnumber Tundras by 6.75 to 1 over the same period of 2000-2002

Since I've already stated for you elsewhere that Tundra is generating complaints to the NHTSA at a rate of 0.6 complaints per 1000 vehicles, compared to 0.3 complaints per 1000 vehicles for Silverado, and a similar number for Ford, please explain exactly what misinformation you think I'm spreading?
  • brucec35brucec35 Member Posts: 246
    Did a Toyota Salesman run off with your wife or something? You don't seem to have much good to say about them. I think they call it a "vendetta" in Italy.

As for Chevy out-accelerating the Tundra, I haven't seen that yet in reports I've read. But anything less than a .3 seconds to 60 difference is considered unnoticable according to Motor Trend editors. What is noticable? The Tundra's much quieter and smoother reving DOHC engine that is simply more sophisticated than the pushrod 5.3L engine in the 1500 Chevy's. It's a nice engine too, but hard to say it's better.

Oh, in case you think I'm biased..... I spent the last two days putting offers in on Silverados LT's. Didn't get a price I liked though, and the rebates are ending before I'll have time to negotiate any more. So I have since decided to get another Tundra. I was mainly going Chevy to avoid the boredom of owning two Tundras and experience a more spacious truck. But when I thought about how easy it is to own a Tundra and how fun it is to drive, I decided to get a Tundra.
    Unless someone needs to haul more than 1950 lbs on a regular basis, why would they want a rougher riding HD truck that costs more to operate? And if you own a boat heavy enough to overwhelm a Tundra, maybe you should be able to afford to keep it docked somewhere instead of the hassle of hauling it around. Then again, some people buy boats mainly so people can see them towing them around.

You know, Home Depot will rent you a flatbed for about $50 if you need to haul some crossties once every 5 years. You could buy a Tundra, rent a big flatbed twice a month, and still probably come out even in costs vs. a heavy duty truck.
    >You don't seem to have much good to say about them.<

I said a few nice things about them when I wrote this account two years ago. http://members.aol.com/sturbridg1/utahtrek.html

The problem a few seem to have with the one sentence I wrote in #568, is the fact of the matter. No opinion was stated, except in response.

I think I'm starting to hear faint braying noises here. 6 feet shorter braking isn't like the difference in a semi big rig and a Porsche, but it could be significant. What's more important is that in real world situations the Tundra will stop shorter and give more easily modulated and CONTROLLED stops than the Silverado, based on my test drives and ownership of a similar '01 Tahoe.

To put 6 feet in perspective. Edmunds says a '98 BMW 540i , widely considered to be the ultimate dream sports sedan, the personal choice of the (former) Editor in chief of Motor Trend magazine, stops in 136 feet from 60mph. A '98 Camry is shown as stopping in 140 feet. If you can't tell the difference in how a 540i stops and how a Camry stops, you obviously haven't driven anything even remotely like one. So yes, 6 feet matters, but what matters more is how it stops in the real world, away from test pads. I've owned them all since '95 (dodge, ford, chevy, toyota), and the Tundra seems to stop the best of them all.

To me, nothing says "redneck" more than unwavering biased cheerleading for domestics, and bashing of imports, regardless of the reality. And I'm a Georgia native.
  • hillhoundhillhound Member Posts: 537
    ...a few posts ago you mentioned not having seen any reports about the Chevy out-acclerating the Tundra. Here's a couple good self-explanatory performance comparisons:

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/43902/page015.html
    &
    http://www.trucktrend.com/editorial/article_popup.jsp?id=30189&sidebar=1

Not meant as a bash on the Tundra! One of GM's selling points for me is the 5.3L engine! The articles have alot of good info worth reading. Catch you later-have a good weekend and good luck with the truck shopping down there in Georgia!!
  • ak4x4ak4x4 Member Posts: 126
    Every brand of Car or truck will have defects. It's not an anti-toyota thing here. Even I don't own a Tundra But a Rado, they are both good trucks. If you asked me which one I thought was better I would probably answer this way:

I like the Rado for everything. But I know the tranny will only last 100K. But I should have a newer truck before that happens so I'll keep it.

The Tundra: In my eyes Toyota, Honda, And Mazda all would get my money again for a car. Not a truck. I know Toyotas are known for 200K or more on the original driveline and I have seen this personally. If I was to go back and make the decision between the Tundra and the Rado again, I would probably still go with the Chevy because where I live the re-sale is higher. But as for a truck I could keep all my life, I would probably take the Tundra.

Maybe if I see a Tundra with 200K and the original driveline, it might persude me in the future to buy one!

Also just on a lighter note: something good about a GM. Just saw a 77 1500 series van(Called the 15) with 775,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. Sad as the guy had gotten T-boned and got nothing for the thing. That in my eyes is a peice of "union pride"!
    If you take a look at the 01 5.3's you see that they make 285HP with 300 ft/lbs tourque. Yes the Tundra only has 245 Hp, but it also has over 300 ft/lbs of tourque. So what would you rather have?? Tourque is what makes a truck a truck. Can't pull anything without tourque. And for that reason is why I will give toyota credit. But yes we do have 45 more hp then them, so I guess it all evens out.
  • kcowboykcowboy Member Posts: 33
    I would rather drive a Tundra or F150 intead of that overpriced junk called chevy. They have had transmission problems for almost 20 years and now they got oil consumption,vibration,alignment,electrical and paint adhesion problems.

G- General
    M- Maintenance
    C- Curse
    you're dead wrong about your the hp/torque numbers. The GM 5.3L is rated at 285hp/325lbft and the Toyota 4.7L is rated at 245hp/315lbft.

Have a good weekend guys!
    285 and 300.

Unless the model year brochure is wrong... But I doubt that. Since I have a 5.3 I can say its true. The 02 models have those specs you say.

And you keep forgetting Cali emmissions lower your Hp figure by 5 and you are right.

And KC:First off that F-150 is a POS. It ain't worth a penny. I would buy a 250 or 350 for that price, that is unless you're a girl...

And if you can drive around the south with the Toyota without getting laughed at by all the Ford and Gm guys more power to ya.. ANd You keep forgetting Chevy and GMC are sold at different lots. GMC sucks, but I love my Chevy... But then again I don't care about options like most people with Tundra's and Fords. Like you need leather and a Cd player in a 4x4 that will be used for that purpose... Pleeze...
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    if you notice at the top those numbers are for the 2000 model yr engine
    AK it seemed like only 1 month ago that you were in here spewing all sorts of mis-information regarding all sorts of truck issues. So I find it funny that you say :

" But then again I don't care about options like most people with Tundra's and Fords "

When it seems like only a few short weeks ago you were bashing the Tundra for not having ENOUGH options. You knock the Tundra for not having snow plow option, for lack of 4wd / gearing options as well as other little things. You say you dont like options on a truck, yet knock Tundra for lack of options.

The only thing funny about driving a Toyota in the south is that its probably one of the few trucks actually running. I also think its funny how u claim that Chev is such a big bad truck yet you downplay the fact that the GM 5.3L is rated at 285hp/325lbft and the Toyota 4.7L is rated at 245hp/315lbft. So since you're a big bad rugged guy who doesn't need any stinkin options in a truck, why are you driving a Rado, you should be driving an option lacking Tundra it seems.
    check out this entry from the NHTSA complaint section

Make: CHEVROLET TRUCK
    Model: SILVERADO
    Year: 2000
    ODI ID: 550970

Summary:
    THE MANUFACTURER OF THE VEHICLE DID NOT INSTALL FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS. YH

Bwaaaaaaahaaaaaaa. No shocks on the truck. ROTFLMAO.

You guys should go read about the 2000 Rado in the complaint section. Some of the funniest stuff you will ever read. What a blast!!!
    LOL! Yeah that's pretty funny when manufacturers screw stuff up like that, huh? Kinda like Toyota putting oil dipsticks that were too short in some earlier Tundras!!
  • plutoniousplutonious Member Posts: 799
    would buy a Chevy and not notice it was missing its front shock absorbers! Just kidding...
    Go read the complaint section on the site. There is absolutely no comparison between the number and severity of complaints on the Tundra vs. the Rado. Read 2000, 2001, and 2002 and make your own judgement. I am amazed at the sheer number and severity of the complaints about the Rado. It makes the Town Hall Rado board look like nothing.
    LOL! Yeah that makes you wonder! How long could you possibly drive a truck without noticing the shocks are missing...maybe I better run out in the garage and take a look at my Chevy!!

And ndaihi...lighten up! Your gonna give yourself a stroke my patriotic friend!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    Back a few months ago this mis-guided a** posts this in the Tundra owners link:

#1183 of 1388 People, People. by ak4x4 Jan 03, 2002 (12:53 am)
    First off let me say that I paid $22k for my EXT cab LS Silverado 4x4. It has the 4.8 but not the crap Z71 with "Push button" or autotrac system. Also no offense to our Canadian pal,

There was this also:

#1154 of 1388 My input on Tundras! by ak4x4 Jan 02, 2002 (01:06 pm)
    Before I bought my Silverado I was looking at the Tundras. The miss really wanted one!. had certain squabbles that might interest other people. First what bothered me was the interior space. I had none compared to the Silverdo. Second, the price. Why would I pay 28K for a base 2wd v8 Tundra when I can get a LT Z71 for that much?? Third safety. This was the clincher after I put a '01 Tundra 4x4 on hold(Sticker was 30K got it down to 24K demo truck) On my way home I actually saw a Tundra and a Silverado get in an accident. The Silverado T-Boned the Tundra. The Silverado was not an EXT cab, the Tundra was! The Toyota was totaled while the Silverado had front end damage. Keep in mind this was a 30-35 mph T-bone crash. No offense to [non-permissible content removed] cars my Miata was great before I sold it(100K with no probs) but the truck in my opinion is a waste!. I mean it's funny all u Tundra owners think u can beat A silverado off the line. Look at the HP ratings! And yes I do have the 4.8.

And today we have:

583 of 591 Nope not the 01 model year by ak4x4 Feb 22, 2002 (09:12 pm)
    285 and 300.

Unless the model year brochure is wrong... But I doubt that. Since I have a 5.3 I can say its true. The 02 models have those specs you say.

And you keep forgetting Cali emmissions lower your Hp figure by 5 and you are right.

And KC:First off that F-150 is a POS. It ain't worth a penny. I would buy a 250 or 350 for that price, that is unless you're a girl...

And if you can drive around the south with the Toyota without getting laughed at by all the Ford and Gm guys more power to ya.. ANd You keep forgetting Chevy and GMC are sold at different lots. GMC sucks, but I love my Chevy... But then again I don't care about options like most people with Tundra's and Fords. Like you need leather and a Cd player in a 4x4 that will be used for that purpose... Pleeze...
    --------------------------------------------------

First it was the BS about towing, then the idiotic polished piston statements, then we get GM coolant ruins piston ring seals, how can we forget the Cummins block in the Ford Super Duties?

Now the Jon Lovitz wannabe magically has the 5.3 when just last month it was a 4.8!!!!! What UNBELIVEABLE bu!!$h!t is he going to come up with to get out of this one????
    Complaints to NTHSA:
    Tundra 148/Silverado 528

Units produced 2000-2002:
    Tundra 237,000/Silverado 1,665,000

Complaints per 1000 units:
    Tundra 0.6/Silverado 0.3

Tundra generates double the rate of complaints to NTHSA.

Top 25 Best and Worst Vehicles
    The Center for Auto Safety analyzed complaints made to the government by Americans having problems with their vehicles. Below are the models that received the fewest complaints, and those that received the most. Models introduced in 2000 and 2001 are not represented due to a lack of data.
    Best (Fewest complaints) Worst (Most complaints)
    1. Ford F-Series 1. Mazda MPV
    2. BMW 3 Series 2. Kia Sportage
    3. BMW 5 Series 3. Ford Excursion
    4. Volkswagen Golf 4. Ford Windstar
    5. Mazda Truck 5. Mercury Cougar
    6. Volvo C70 6. Volvo S40
    7. Volkswagen Beetle 7. Honda Passport
    8. Nissan Sentra 8. Honda S2000
    9. Infiniti G20 9. Mitsubishi Eclipse
    10. Acura RL 10. Isuzu Rodeo
    11. Saab 9-5 11. Ford Explorer
    12. Chevrolet Prizm 12. Land Rover Range Rover
    13. Toyota Corolla 13. Audi A6
    14. Infiniti QX4 14. Hyundai Tiburon
    15. Nissan Altima 15. Honda Odyssey
    16. Lexus RX300 16. Lincoln LS
    17. Nissan Maxima 17. Jeep Grand Cherokee
    18. Acura TL 18. Volkswagen Passat
    19. Saab 9-3 19. Buick LeSabre
    20. Pontiac Bonneville 20. Suzuki Grand Vitara
    21. Mazda Millenia 21. Chevrolet Blazer
    22. Mazda 626 22. Chevrolet Impala
    23. Lincoln Town Car 23. Toyota Tundra
    24. Ford Focus 24. Dodge Dakota
    25. Honda Accord 25. Dodge Neon
    If you read the posts on the NHTSA complaint board, you will find out that the complaints about the Rado are WAY more severe than the complaints about the Tundra. Just read the damned things and you will see. Moreover, the some of the posts are redundant, so a count is not adequate for both the Tundra and the Rado.

Tell you what, find the 5 most severe complaints you can about the 2000 Tundra and I will find the 5 most severe complaints about the 2000 Rado. Pick one from each area of the truck, ie, suspension, engine, electrical, structure, interior and we will compare. I bet that the problems on the Rado will be more severe compared to those of the Tundra. Are you willing to play the game?

As for that Center For Auto Safety that you keep on pasting, I will believe it when I you post a LINK to it. Until then I am not convinced. I searched the CAS site and did not find it. Post a link or SU.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    "Post a link or SU."

Seems to me you're in need of an attitude adjustment. For someone who is soooo into links, where are the links for the forged pistons in the Tundra? I'm still waiting on that one. Certainly there should be somewhere in this vast internet that can substantiate what you proclaimed that the Toyota help line told you.

Good luck on this one now!!
    Just read the THOUSANDS of posts here about Chevy problems - knocking engines, vibration, the Duramax/Allison combo, etc. Count how many disgruntled owners there are who want their money back. Cound how many disgruntled owners there are who are bickering with GM and have to go to the BBB and get lawyers. Read Edmunds' long term review on their Silverado. Draw your own conclusions.

Then read the couple hundred posts about Tundra problems and their short dipsticks or tail-lamps.

Enjoy.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    makes the world go round. Didn't you know that dood?
    links. I've been driving Chevys at my work for quite a while and there's no way I would spend my money on one. Heck, they can't even make a truck whose steering doesn't shake and feel loose or align the door so you don't have to slam the dickens out of it to close it...

But hey, go Chevy - even yours, the lemon-law qualified Shakerado, right?
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    By your own admission, your Lemon Chev has been in the shop over 4 months. Look at the bright side - you were able to drive much better built rental vehicles while you were waiting to get your Lemonado back.

You and Quad(both lemon Chev owners) routinely follow each other in Tundra topics. Sort of like tweedledumb and tweedledumber. I'm just trying to figure out which is which.
    Are we sure that this guy even owns a Chevy lol. Maybe he indeed is quoting the right engine but failed to realize its in his FORD !!!
This discussion has been closed.