Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    It wasn't me that posted it cause I don't have anything like it....sorry.
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    My Y2K 2500 LS 2wd Ext. Cab Silverado was built 2/9/00 in Pontiac East Plant and delivered to dealer in Connecticut 2/25/00, I took delivery on 2/26/00.

Hope that helps with the time frame issue. My advice, RELAX it will be here soon at least now you know it's built. But I do remember how anxious I was too, of course I had to order my truck twice but that's another story over a few beers!

Ray T.
  • tengatenga Member Posts: 20
    Obyone, the reason I asked you the question about tracking vehicles, you seem to be very knowledgeable. So thought you could help. But not to worry, I went and searched for it, way back. The site is Burlington Northern-Santa Fe's website ( www.bnsf.com ) . They have began making it a more secure site, by going thru a registration form. I tried all my tricks but it was no go. Had to do with Dealer's username and password. Maybe some body out there on this chat site can come up with a better way or at least confirm what I suspect is the problem of getting on to the bnsf site.
    There is a way of tracking your vehicle other than the site you mentioned. Unfortunately, the memory slips and can't remember where I put that link. If I come across it, I'll post it.
  • eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    Contact member 'Pontiac' on the pickuptruck.com forum. There are multiple railway carriers and he can track the vehicle for you.
    -Eric
  • allchevyallchevy Member Posts: 28
    I have a 2001 1500hd crew cab.
    Does anyone know what looks like a little led light by the volume knob of the radio/cd is??
    Is it a light indicator and if so when does it come on??
  • 4x4man4x4man Member Posts: 222
    That blinking red light is the security feature on the radio. When it is active it means there is a code that must be entered if power is disconnected from the radio to turn it back on. No light, no security code has been entered and it will turn back on when power is connected.

Bob
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Does it blink if the truck is turned off?
    Mine starts blinking right after you turn the truck off, it didn't blink when there was no code set in there.

Bob
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    how do you set the code? Mine doesnt blink :(
  • gator36gator36 Member Posts: 294
    It is in the manual. I believe that you
    press the 1 and 4 presets until you see the clock change.
    But don't take my word. Read the owners manual
    and it will run you through the proceedure.
    I must have missed that

Thanks ill read it tonight
    Taking the wife to see her family in Texas this xmas. 3000 mile round trip. Looking forward to driving it, not looking forward to adding the miles on my truck though. Just going to hit I10 going
    east and set the cruise control.

Walter (gator)
    wow guess how far my xmas travel trip is?

0 miles xmas is at our house this yr. Usually its at my grandmas 5 blocks away but we finally got our basement halfway done so we are having it

Truck wont even have to move
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    I remember those. We have to have carports 'cause all our "basement stuff" is in the garage!!
    well heres the story

spring break 99 i spent a wk demolishing our basement. Tore all the drywall down. Old rotted studs etc. Fun time.

Well we finally got all the drywall hung early fall 01. Tore the old tile up and got some carpeting which is very nice. Mom bought a nice couch and chair. Next is the 43" HD tv. Waiting for it to go on sale.

Ill take pics of the basement when i get my camera next week.

Its been a long road and finally its almost done.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ....looking good.......trying to convince myself I need $6100 of copper ceiling tiles now...LOL

- Tim
    Kinda reminds me of the song the twelve pains of Christmas...
    Famouse quotes
    "One light goes out they ALL go out!"
    "Now why the H#LL are they blinking??!!"

hehehehe..heard it at my bro's house last night, what a trip reminded me of the radio...

Bob
    good prank

go to your neighbors and replace one bulb with a blinker (THEY ALL BLINK HAHA)
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Hwy miles is like exercising your body. It adds years to your truck.

Me, driving to Montana from AZ to snowmobile for 10 days.

Can't wait!!!

Put Sylvania's new headlight bulbs in my truck. Wayyy whiter, DOT legal, they are the 4000K light color.
    I can't wait to take this trip. I love the drive. Done it 4 times in my old truck. I am going to check out those bulbs. Might even stop in Tombstone
    AZ. Let the boys see what part of the old west was like. Just picked up a portable DVD player for them to watch on the trip. Should make life much easier on the driver.
  • tengatenga Member Posts: 20
    As I speak, as the saying goes, my 2002 2500HD SLT 6.0L 4X4 sets in front of my house in Roseburg, Ore. Went to the coast to pick it up with my wife. Well, the fleet Mgr. called my wife yesterday and said the truck was in, and that I could come down Wed. to pick it up. Well, we get there (4 hour trip) at 2PM and the Fleet Mgr has gone Xmas shopping for his wife and the truck is not ready yet. Well, the office calls him, so he scurries back to meet with us to close deal.
    While we are closing deal, and says he has some bad news about the cost. My heart skipped a few beats. Then, he says, that he had called back to Detroit about another order, and told him that they could give us a $1000 Rebate over and above the 0.0% financing. My wife turns to me and says " Merry Christmas" And 2 hours after arriving, I am driving home in a blinding rain store in my wet, but brand new truck. Only thing is, I drove them crazy checking my order sheet and cost with what they were writing on all the documents. I just like to double check, sometimes triple check, if need to. This company was a first rate outfit.
    By the way, the $1000 rebate didn't show up yet on any thing on the net. But it was on my contract, so I know it is for real. Hope this help somebody out there. tom
    Owner said he has only seen it once before. Must me my lucky day. Tom
    Good luck with your new rig. Is it hard to wipe the ear to ear smile off?
    -Eric
    that never goes away
    What are you getting the truck for X-mas? Time for some changes isn't it? Been a while since the mirrors...
    -Eric
    well i added door sill guards a few wks ago.
    Next "hopeful" mods
    1. K&N gen 2 fipk
    2. replace speakers (rears are sounding bad)
    3. toolbox for the back
  • dch0300dch0300 Member Posts: 472
    Looks like Ryan will be busy tomorrow replacing that air in his tires from Fall air to Winter air.
    The K&N will give you nothing in return for the bucks you spend on it other than looking pretty under the hood. Switch to the oversized GM filter that was optional (AC-A1518C), I don't think there was any change in the filter box so it should drop in. Now the speakers on the other hand could definatly use improvement, I believe Oby could reference a few different models to choose from on that issue since he's been there done that.

Or take your GF out to a nice dinner and movie.
    Take my gf out to a dinner and movie. I already do that every friday night

DAVID thanks for mentioning the winter air. Funny you mention that saturday i am doing an oil change (3 months) and my tires are getting a little low i need to fill em up.

Ryan
    THe problem with the rear speakers (4"X6") is the capability. Most of them cannot handle anything below 80Hz, and they end up getting fried when pushed. I bought a set of Polk 2-ways, Infinity would be nice, but for the money, the JBL sound good, too. Just make sure you put some bass blockers on it, and that will help prevent distortion (and prolong life).
    -Eric
  • dch0300dch0300 Member Posts: 472
    I'll have had my truck for 1 year to the day tomorrow. And the way things are looking, I'll have 9,000 miles on it by tomorrow too. Looks like I'll be changing oil & filter on Saturday also.

And by the way, you've been saying "girlfriend" long enough now. Shouldn't you be saying "fiancee" here pretty soon?

David
    Talk to me in a few yrs (we have been together for a yr and a half now)

We both need to finish school first

This oil change snuck up on me. Im not quite to 3K yet but saturday will be 3 months. Lots of stop and go city driving, moving my truck in and out of the driveway. So its time. Plus my "gf" can get me a discount on mobil 1 at work (like $20 a case)

Ryan
    Don't forget to take care of the muffler bearings as well....
    Sheezzz some people just don't take care of their trucks anymore do they... :D

Bob
    to check your headlight fluid. If you are going to do some maintenance, do it all!
    already got the headlight fluid when i changed the drls

thanks for the heads up on the muffler bearings !!!
    Check these out for the rears. At first I didn't care for them as they competed with my MB Quart components in the front. Did a little tweaking and these do sound pretty good. Especially for the price of $100.00/pair.

Here's the link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-0xlNMROShqw/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=51400&I=1084652CFP&o=P&a=0

I was alwyas curious why one would install one of these. I mistakenly did mine. There is virtually no benefit except for maybe the intake air sound while accelerating. Course they are better and cheaper than the airaid but still if you're not allowing the air to exhaust a little more freely, there won't be much benefit to it.

Tool box....check this TSB first before installing a toolbox

http://www.geocities.com/crackeregg/bulletins/01-08-66-014.html
    toolbox i know about that thanks

exhaust could be another mod :)

nice speakers
    Are those speakers a direct bolt in or are modifications required???

Ray T.
    Sound even better IMO...nicer high end, less sizzle when pushed, but that is my opinion. But then again, 50% higher price.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-8S7u9cFxqXk/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=51400&I=1084623CFP&o=P&a=0

-Eric

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ...you truck won't even be a GM soon!

LOL

Glad you enjoy it...

whenever I get around to a new one....speakers will be a first....as these have been used hard and show!

..and the ASC Power moonroof!

hehe

Enjoy

- Tim
  • minikinminikin Member Posts: 389
    Infinity Kappa plates for the rear speakers; don't settle for anything less even if you have to put off the new muffler bearings.
    -- Don
    hmmm not gm anymore

what brand is it then?
    Just have to remember that he doesn't have an amp, has a lot of mods left, doesn't work for Menards, and has a gf to finance....that's my take on the 4652 plates.

rayt2

They are a direct replacement for the 4x6 paper ones you got back there now. No mods required. Not sure but I would change the fronts out first. You have to see em to believe what they look like. If the rears aren't what you want, you could always disconnect them as the rear should be more of a filler that doesn't compete with the dam expensive front components. that is if you change your fronts first....am I making this confusing?
    Ok i wanna jot some notes down.

To change the fronts what do you have to remove? The whole door panel? Where do you start? Is it held on by clips and do they break off (my dad took his off his 92 to fix the window and broke a bunch of clips).

Same question for the rears.

I dont mind changing them i am just a little nervouse taking the door panel off (why should i i mean i did take out the rear ext cab seat).

Thanks

I think my gf got me rolling on the stereo equipment cause she just got a new headunit (awia) cd player for her car. Its really nice. Got it at bestbuy and when we were there i looked around and the stereobug bit me

Ryan
  • seeligseelig Member Posts: 590
    this info was posted at GMTrucks.com by Lynx not too long ago. guess someone wasn't interested like all the other viewers there were eh?
    door panels have a couple of screws (small) remove the screws and push up on the panel. It should release itself from the clips... Install is the direct opposite...
    what topic? I honestly must have missed it

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN OVER THERE?
  • seeligseelig Member Posts: 590
    was the topic.........we (a few others too) detailed the panel removal, and all other related items that help to complete a well installed system.
This discussion has been closed.