Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra - Owners hangout

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Havent found a set yet

I bought a tonnaeu cover and seat covers to tide me over for now
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    off Av advertised for $375!! Seems cheap to me.
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    Silverado here on Edmunds and was surprised to see both the 4w steer and flex fuel engine listed as options. Something like 6 grand for the 4w steer!
  • steadskysteadsky Member Posts: 11
    Hey gals/girls...I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the different GM divisions do to the 6000 Vortec to get more horsepower.
    My GMC 2500HD is rated at 300HP @4400RPM that I understand.
    A Denali is rated at 320HP @5000 RPM
    The Cadillac Escalade is rated at 345HP @5200 RPM.
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    Obyone said it before but for your benefit
    .....different camshafts
  • brickeybrickey Member Posts: 9
    Back in Dec '99 when I was going along the order form for my 2000 Z71 I reasoned away the towing package as saving a few bucks. I didn't have anything to tow and didn't forsee it. Well, my infinite wisdom has bit me in the rear and now it would be handy to have AND I'd like to have the original equipment. I have two question areas for all/anyone:

1. How expensive do you think it would be to purchase all the necessary parts from the dealer? Think it'll be easy to find a wrecked truck?

2. Exactly what all is needed? Is it as simple as transfering the parts from a wrecked truck?

If anyone has the time, or is so inclined, I would like to have some pictures of how the hitch mounts up, the wiring for the trailer, the transmission cooler and lines. I know this part is probably a pain so don't anybody sweat it.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
  • sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    Drop your spare tire. Look around
    back there The wiring connections
    should be right there already. Minus
    the plug. They are prob. bundled and
    tucked there somewhere. Since
    you have the z71 pkg. you already have
    the good suspension for towing.
    Any Hitch place can put on big frame
    hitch and connector for trailer wiring.
    only thing i think you might be missing
    is trans cooler...Not sure if z71 comes
    with the extra cooler...You can pick up
    a aux.trans cooler at any auto part
    place for about 100 bucks and install
    yourself......Avoid dealer $$$$$$$$$
  • kaplakapla Member Posts: 3
  • mjn_twinmjn_twin Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD Extended Cab Short with a Protec box. How can I put a hard/soft cover since the Protec box doesn't have any lips to place any C clamps? Any web addresses of vendors who offer a solution? Thanks.
    I believe gm offers a soft cover for the protec box. I just bought a soft cover for my reg bed and it is very nice. Soft rollup type. Paid $269
  • brherrickbrherrick Member Posts: 6
    ryanbab How do you like the seat covers? I assume you got them from seat savers, did you get the velour or the denim like cotton ones, and how do they fit? I am considering getting them for my 02 HD Sierra and was wanting some input. Thanks.
    I got the denim like cotton ones.

I did get them from http://www.seatsavers.com

Paid $106.75 which included shipping. Price was high because of the custom Z71 embroidery. Also they have a $10 off coupon on their site you should mention.

I like em. They serve their purpose well. Friday i went to mcdonalds on lunch and some grease dripped onto the arm rest. I have a small spot on the cover ehich goes over the arm rest luckily they were on and my seat isnt permanently stained.

They were a little pain in the butt to put on. Lots of velcro. Luckily i had my gf to help put em on while i took pics :) hehe

• dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    " Luckily i had my gf to help put em on while i took pics"
    Of the girl friend, gf and seat cover or seat cover?
    I took pics of the covers but she ended up in some (because she said not to take her pic hehe)
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    to what she says young buck.......

ahhhh,.......you'll learn later in life....

LOL

- Tim
  • gm02gm02 Member Posts: 49
    In regards to Post : 1809 of 1815 Protec Tonneau Cover? by mjn_twin, Ryan is correct. GM has a soft snap on that rides the rail & mounts into the stake pockets. Dealer here in CT got one in by mistake & will sell it for about $185. I took a look at it but decided to go with a retractable cover for the ProTec box.
  • mjn_twinmjn_twin Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, Ryan & gm02, for the info. GM02 - where are you finding a retractable cover? I've visited/called ten places today and no one has anything that will work. Thanks.
  • tp4unctp4unc Member Posts: 437
    Remember me? I see you're still driving a GM truck. My Tindra has over 60k. What should I buy next?

P.S. Is rubluetoo still around? How about that dude that lives out west(Colorado maybe...had a sister that ran a hamburger joint in Boone, NC)---his name escapes me....but definitely a regular....liked to ride motorcycles in the desert....maybe a Ford driver??????
    that was quad he is still around. He traded his 99 z71 for a ..... 01 duramax hehe
    I remember TP....T.P. relates to Tundra's pretty good....as In toilet paper!

..ok.....had to re-live the old days

Yupper....still got the 2500......52K miles....job became shorter and I dialed off about 7000 or more a year in commuting.....

what to buy?......well.....you know it's going to be a Chevy!

LOL

Welcome back

- Tim
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    >My Tindra has over 60k. What should I buy next?<

- I think your service advisor recommends you buy a package...timing belts, gaskets, water pump, around $900 if you skip the valve lash adjustment.

- TRD offers a kit you can buy to retrofit those out-of-round rear drums with disc brakes off the Sequoia.

- Or...you can get a Duramax 32 valve V8, turborcharged, intercooled, 300 hp, 520 lb/ft, 100K warranty with 5 speed auto or 6 spd manual.

LOL! (Welcome back)
  • gm02gm02 Member Posts: 49
    Check out http://web4jnj.com/ , talk with Jon. Have an order placed for a Retrax cover, see http://www.rolltopcover.com/.

There were no covers for box but after speaking(pestering & begging) with the eng. at Retrax they decided to make one. I had provided pictures of the bed and then found a trck in his area for him see first hand.

Should be another week or 2 b 4 being shipped(I hope)

So far, the box is everything they said it would be and more, glad I got it.

Greg

I can't believe you guys are still here talkin' trucks. You' d think you would have bought one by now instead of those things you're driving. ;)

Quad,

I think the "package" you're referring to can wait until 90k. I may be wrong but, if I don't look at the owner's manual, maybe it won't matter. That's my plan.

I hope you are doing well. By the way, your name came to me last night. I can't believe I forgot it.

Ryan,

Is Tim still giving you hell or has the old boy softened up?

Tim,

I heard you bagged a fawn this year. Good work! Maybe you can get a mature doe this fall. I lucked up and got a BIG 8-pointer during muzzleloader week. I didn't to enjoy it much because the scope on my new Magnum Knight smashed the bridge of my nose. I was actually not cute for a couple of weeks. I'll remember that little incident this year.

Did you guys ever get the truck bash together? I remember it failed when I was a regular(I think you were afraid of my Tundra) and I came back once(a looong time ago) and you were planning another bash. Just wondering how it turned out.

Thanks for remembering this Toy driver. It brought a tear to my eye. I'll check in from time to time.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    You are welcome at any truck bash we may have. Every one of us good sports would be more than happy to cut by 1/2 the usual rate we get for towing out stuck Tundras.
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    Sounds like you need to adjust the eye relief on your scope, my rifle did the same thing firt time I shot it.
    BTW I wont tell you how big the moose I shot was. We will just say the antlers when mounted hang over the side rails of a Dodge ram.
    Tim just gets upset with me cause he has a 2500LD.
    you have been sadly mistaken sport.......I got pics some place.......last 4 years have been very nice to me....

ahhh truck bash.........we had the 2 person version here........so when's the real one?

just a matter of picking a date and staying solid........plan it....and they will come..

- Tim
  • tomh12tomh12 Member Posts: 240
    You shot Bullwinkle???

Tim...You shot Bambi???

I'm so upset I think I'll go shoot another turkey. I can't take anymore of this...LOL

Oh, and haul it home in my GMC.

BTW, Tim's harvest looked more like Bambi's daddy.

Tom
    .....we should be able to talk about whatever and not have it deleted for off topic....aka why this catagory was created if I recall right....

Last Years first day at camp:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Deer4.jpg

(deer on right (9 point) took first place in local buck pole.....(I got the 7 point)

Close ups of what number 1 is like:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Deer5.jpg

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Deer3.jpg

Local pole: (we took first and 10th)

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Deer6.jpg

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Deer7.jpg

9 Point rack ready for taxidermy...plus the 11 point we got during Bow:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/Racks1.jpg

The Silverado Meat Wagon returns to never land:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/MeatWagon.jpg

....mine is the one in the lower part of picture:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/MeatWagon2.jpg

N-Joy

....ahhhh...can't wait for the next year!

"it's the most.......wonderfull time.....of the year"

- Tim

to Quad for re-sending me my own pics......although I did find them.....thanks

- Tim
    I would post pics of my eight pointer but they wouldn't fit on your monitor.

Does your club take guests? lol
    Quad????? Did he send them, too? LOL

(Notice the proper use of the word "too" for educational purposes for the young "chicken hawk".....)

Tom
    to, too, also

whats the difference. Hey im not an engish major. Thats why i have my gf to proof read all my labs and papers i have to do hehe
    ...wrong Tom!

hehe

Morning are not good......especially when out of town guests wanted to hit the Sham last night....

sorry man

- Tim
    ....you have to be invited by the Big man......he's an old Farmer and it takes tons to gain his respect before them "city boys" are accepted by him....

I worked on it for a decade or more..........

...and besides.....we are full......hehe

- Tim
    Nice Buck. I will have to dig out the pictures of the moose. one was 66 1/4" and the other 65".
    ......haven't ventured past whitetail deer yet.........well....at least as farr as big game....

- Tim
    Post them puppies....

That's impressive...66 1/4" and 65"....

How many years ago did you take them? Recently?

I would love to see the pics.

Tom
    You get that sheep skin that says "engineer" on it and you can HIRE someone to translate your thoughts into proper english....

I have lots of respect for you....

Keep working on that degree.

Just funnin' with you. LOL

Tom
    BWHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAA

...I say, I say Dog....leave the little chicken hawk alone man......lemme pick on him!

LOL

....just funnin' with ya Babs....

- Foghorn
    Alright how the hell do I get the pictures to post on here, I know it can be done.
    1 yr (2 semesters) to go after tomorrow :)

Last final of the year is in Fluids

Then a weekend of fishing and drinking !!!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    He's the resident expert on that.
    I noticed that the good folks in the state government there on Paradise have decided not to learn from the mistakes of the past (early 70's price controls; recent CA energy price caps) and have voted for price caps on gasoline effective summer of 2004. If history holds lessons for us, you had better get ready for shortages unless the State legislature recinds this market manipulation in their next session. I experienced the lines and shortages of the early 70's and watched the supply "bloom" as soon as price controls were removed.
    Tom
    ....Mt.Dew don't count Babs!

pics online.....need webspace first....most ISP's provide it or use a host of online companys that offer you to transer them to their site and display them for free.......if doing it on your space.....you need an FTP program to transfer them....or comcast and the likes have programs built into their site for transfers....

figure it out yet?

oh hell.....just send them to me and I'll post them for ya

....seriously..

Good Luck on that one now!

- Tim

....resident fluid expert........I like that....

we need the Beer Consumption Officer back though!
  • sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    What happened to BCO ?
    Anybody know ?
    Tim have you talked to BCO lately? I think he got rid of aol cause i used to talk to him on saturdays and he hasnt been around :(

MT DEW? Nah i am going to buy some good stuff tonight :)
    I have to skip the fishing this weekend but I will still drink much beer. I have to get the boat ready for summer, 2 days ago the rivers broke up and I have got the boating bug.
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    Would that be Mountan Dew Code Red?????BWHAHAHAHA

Just kiddin w/ya, as Alice Cooper once wrote "Schools Out for Summer" you go Babs! My young one starts college freshman year in the fall.

Tim, you could always be the Fluid Asset Manager LOL

Ray T.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    is called JOLT.

tomh12

Aye, I experienced the gas shortage lines back in '73. Our state had just settled a lawsuit against the oil companies for price fixing. Course the inital lawsuit started out seeking billions in compensation but settled for $20 million. I think it was this price fixing debacle that started our legislators to commence in THINKING of ways to monitor should they try to do so again. There is only one refinery on the island which all the oil companies share being run by one of the oil companies. It is assumed that was the cause of the price fixing where Hawaii paid an average of 20% more than the rest of the nation while no source for justification.
This discussion has been closed.