Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

MB M-Class Owners Accessories and Modifications

2»

Comments

• Options
    willchriswillchris Member Posts: 1
    I recently sold my 2000 ML320 and decided to keep the pricey MB cross bar roof rack system and cartop carrier since it was like new and didn't add to the trade in price. Now I have this thing, it fits all M Class (but no other) and the market appears small. Any ideas of a marketplace?
    Thanks
    Will in Williamsburg, VA
  • Options
    kooterkooter Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2001 ML 430 and it only came with 1 remote. The dealer is getting me a new one but they told me that it had to come from Germany. I got the felling that they are difficult to program.
  • Options
    logbujilogbuji Member Posts: 1
    I just have a question about your jump seats. If you bought them after-market, do you remember how much they cost? If not, as an option do you remember how much that cost?
    They are now longer available from Mercedes. I have found a pair on ebay, I am just wondering what was their original value.

Thanks
  • Options
    dlipsiusdlipsius Member Posts: 2
    Well, this was great to read. I had just decided yesterday to install the bulbs and see what happens. So, they need to be switched on by the dealer????? That does not seem like a bad deal considering the cost of installing a lamp set. I already have a set of PIAA driving lamps installed on my bar, but are for long distance sight. I will get with the dealer and get that switch turned on!!!! thanks.
  • Options
    fbicefbice Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 ML320, & I want to upgrade my 16 inch rims. Is there any reason that 20 inch rims would not be able to go on the ML320 ? Let me know. Thanks !
  • Options
    mricheymrichey Member Posts: 1
    I did a lot of shopping/research before buying new tires for my 2000 ML430. In the end, the Toyo Proxes 4 turned out to be the best (and cheapest). We had OEM Dunlops on and the difference has been amazing. The ride is much more quiet and much more smooth. Only problem I've had with them was picking up a nail in one of the sidewalls. That tire had to be replaced. Shop around, but I found them for 1/2 what other wedsites were selling their for at tiredlr.com (they were $99 ea). The 320 has smaller tires so I'm not sure what those would cost.
  • Options
    dsorendsoren Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for one, let me know where and how much, I might be interested. If not, try selling on ebay.
  • Options
    dsorendsoren Member Posts: 3
    I am trying to install the factory wiring harness for the trailer hitch, but it did not come with instructions, and I need to find out where they are supposed to plug into the rest of the harness. Any advice is appreciated or if anyone has the directions.
    Thanks. :confuse:
  • Options
    evaneevane Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you were successful in obtaining the instructions/diagram for installing the wiring harness. If so could you forward the information to me?

Thank you in advance,

Evan
  • Options
    hjb11355hjb11355 Member Posts: 1
    I just installed a Nav drive into my 2001 ML 320. Piece of cake. My question is do you have the installation instruction to connect the rear antenna (Installed already) under the passenger seat? I put the GPS splitter in but looks like their is another part (GPS Amplifier?) that maybe i need to comnect the coax cable from the rear antenna. Are you familiar with this connection> If so do you know what I need or have installation instructions?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    drsaleedrsalee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 ML500 and am looking for 3rd row seats. Several months ago I was referred to a website that could get them, and I've lost track of where it is. Any help or suggestions?! :confuse:
  • Options
    lewis2005lewis2005 Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me if the Four Nitto NT 555 Extreme ZR 245/35ZR20 Wheels & Tires will fit a 1998 Mercedes ML320 or how I can find out?
  • Options
    opus1985opus1985 Member Posts: 2
    I'm struggling to get an ML350 with the features I want. How easy is it to
    have a CD changer added afterwards? Will it work with the rest of the system
    or will it need a separate remote?

Thanks for any info

Bharat
  • Options
    mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    In general I don't like after market shops to mess with the wiring to install stereo's, DVD players, etc. Cause if the don't do a good job and end up causing a short in your electrical circuit, it will be a pain to resolve.

Why would you want to buy a 2006 and deal with all the quality problems associated with the first model year. I would wait for a year.
  • Options
    gm1120gm1120 Member Posts: 22
    If you really want the CD changer, make sure you get it now instead of after market. I originally didn't want the entertainment pkg as I'm not much into music (I like talk radio), but the CD changer and the premium speakers are quite awesome and well worth it. I was forced into it because the car I wanted came with it but now am glad it did. My old car has the 6 cd changer in the trunk and I'm always too lazy to get out and change the CDs, in the ML, it's within my reach and I can change selections anytime, plus you get the in-dash CD, which makes it really 7 :)
  • Options
    jmutiejmutie Member Posts: 2
    Go to AMGKIT.com
  • Options
    happikid13happikid13 Member Posts: 1
    I"ve been searching to buy one for my 2005 ml350 since last yr. If it's aluminum, then i would be interested if it's still available.

Anyone know where I can buy the aluminum (cross bar) roof rack? I''ve only seen the blk ones. thanks.
  • Options
    folsomml350folsomml350 Member Posts: 1
    I have a new 2006 ML350 with most of the goodies except 2:

(1) iPOD integration. Dealer says = kit($299)+ base($16) + installation [1-3 hours=$???]. Of course, iPOD extra.
    (2) Hands free communication integration. Cost = ????? Does anyone know what this costs?

Has anyone tried these ? How do you like them?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ctic1ctic1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi: Does anyone know where I can get accessories such as rear cargo trays at a discount? TIA.
  • Options
    mbzfan06mbzfan06 Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if you can replace the standard ML Headlamps with Xenon or other high intensity Bulbs. Is there an issue with power, heat, overloads, melting plastic, wires heating up...etc.???
  • Options
    mbzfan06mbzfan06 Member Posts: 15
    After researching the matter, I found the ML high and low headlights use H-7 bulbs rated at 55watts. You can get H-7 Halogen and Xenon bulbs rated at the same 55watts with 30% to 50% more light intensity... so there should be no heat or power incompatability issues... make sure you get the DOT rated bulbs. Be careful of "color spectrum" unless you like blue or purple lights.

A trick to replace becasue if you leave anykind of a fingerprint or oil type substance on the bulb surface; it will cause a premature bulb failure. I am not sure of the failure mode.
  • Options
    lorryfanlorryfan Member Posts: 76
    Hi -

Anyone know of a salvage yard I can get 3rd Row Jump Seats for my ML320? The interior color is Tan. I called MB and they quoted me a whopping $3000 for the 2 jump seat.

If I can find one in a decent condition from a salvage yard, I'd like to pursue the purchase.

Thanks.
  • Options
    dsoren1dsoren1 Member Posts: 2
    They are available from time to time on ebay usually for around$500
  • Options
    dsoren1dsoren1 Member Posts: 2
    On the drivers side just inside the rear hatch, on the wall near the gas filler behind the access panel. You will need to thread the hitch harness through the already punched hole in the floor and secure the grommet that comes on the harness. You can then eaasily see the multipin connectors there. ;)
  • Options
    downunderqdownunderq Member Posts: 1
    ha ha, didn't check your date of posting, anyway hope this is not way too late.

I got the dealer to throw in the ipod kit as part of the deal, usually is about $1000 (australian) i think.
    Anyway, the best feature is that you can access the ipod control from the steering wheel (but not the centre console)such as playlist, album, shuffle etc, but it is not as quick as doing this on the ipod itself because the process is sequential in nature, having said that, this is definitely a safer way to access the music than looking down on your ipod while driving! The sound quality is fine.

In australia, the MLs came with the handsfree kit as standard (for a handsfull of phones only) i have to let the dealer know which phone I am going to use from their list and then they order the relevant adaptor in. I choose the siemen s60 (i think) and its performing ok, the only limitation is it will notify you of new sms messages but cannot display the content, u have to go to the phone itself to access the content.

Hope this info help, if a little late.

cheers
  • Options
    al_corbettal_corbett Member Posts: 1
    Hi Team,
    Does anyone have any advice on how to "clean up" the back of my ML500 - I had a class 3 hitch installed and they took off a small panel from the rear bumper to put in the hitch. Now that the hitch is in, the old panel does not fit - any ideas on how to make it look good again? I still have the piece that they took off if it's any use.
    Alistair
  • Options
    epereiraepereira Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    has anyone in this forum connected a portable Sirius to a ML 350 2006? The ML 350 does not have the satellite radio installed, but I understand that this model is prewired for one. I received a Sirius Stiletto as a gift over Christmas, and was curious as to whether I could use in my MB.
    Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
    Ed
  • Options
    ranger0824ranger0824 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know who makes custom all-weather mats for the 2007 ML-320 CDI? I don't like the ones Mercedes has. Thanks!
  • Options
    mschafermschafer Member Posts: 317
    See my reply in the ML320 CDI Forum.
  • Options
    subdensubden Member Posts: 40
    anyone know who makes one for a 2007 ML? Thanks.
  • Options
    palmharborpalmharbor Member Posts: 26
    I have a 2006 ML500. I rarely parallel park as most of my parking is at parking lots in shopping centers where the vehicles nose in. The problem is how to warn cars driving through the aisles when I am backing out of the parking spots. The back up lights really only give good visible warning to drivers directly behind the backing vehicle, not to drivers going past in the aisle. After once being struck in the rear bumper of a former vehicle by a passing car, I have tried to get into the habit of turning on my emergency flashers before backing out, as that gives adequate visible warning to other vehicles.

I would like to know if there is any reasonable way to connect the emergency flashers to the back up lights so that this would be automatic.
  • Options
    james66james66 Member Posts: 2
    Are the highlights on a 99 ml320 replacable with the newer
    Halogen or Xenon lights
This discussion has been closed.