Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• azmrboazmrbo Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. I am sold on the weather tech now.

How about hood bug deflectors. The one by hyundai seems to cover more space but I am not sure about the looks or cleaning behind it. The lund interceptor looks pretty good.

Any info on either of these?
  • eshoneeshone Member Posts: 1
    I am embarassed to ask this question but I don't want to fry my electrical system. The battery on my 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe died on me last Sunday. Of course, I headed out of town on a business trip Monday morning and am now just getting around to putting a new battery in. The problem is, I can't remember if the negative terminal goes on the right or left (as your looking at the vehicle). Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.
  • billysbeepbillysbeep Member Posts: 21
    Hi
    I put on the aftermarket hitches on both of my SFs 2002 n 2004 The only problem I encountered was when you drop the tire down in the assembly it would get stuck on the hitch coming downThen you would need a little tire iron or crowbar to get the tire out ,Its a pain in the butt but it works
    HI
    I deal with TFR racing
    no it aint They told me that the rails on the top were 100 extra so I told them if i put stuff on the top and it slides off due to insuffient braces to secure Im holding you liable then they gave them to me on houseAnyway to make money
    TFR racing .com
  • johnboyy2gjohnboyy2g Member Posts: 11
    EBAY EBAY EBAY EBAY... :)

Yes, I have bought several items off EBAY including my hidden hitch and a replacement front bumper! :shades:
  • jcspohrjcspohr Member Posts: 97
    My 07 Santa Fe came without Mud Guards - does anyone have a good source for discount priced Hyundai parts - factory or after market.

I'd prefer body color matched but black will do.

Thanks in advance,

JCS
  • beebee13beebee13 Member Posts: 38
    I really liked the '07 Sante Fe, but when I asked about mud flaps,towing hitch and harness,side steps, all season floor mats instead of carpeted ones I was given a blank look. Any ideas on why these aren't offered or if they will be down the line?
  • jpanozzo1jpanozzo1 Member Posts: 50
    Try this link for mudflaps and other mail order parts..hyundai hard to buy for :shades:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/N-111+10205+60000471- - - 3/c-10105

Joe in Texarkana
  • bcme136bcme136 Member Posts: 21
    I have weathertech on my PT and plan to get them for the 07 Santa Fe. They look and blend in much better than the stick on's
  • bcme136bcme136 Member Posts: 21
    Does anyone know the dealer cost for the 2007 mud guards? Hyundai site states $30.
  • jamitjamit Member Posts: 5
    When I purchase my 2007 SF back in October 2006, I noticed that our dealer do not have any all weather floor mats. So I visited www.autoseattle.com to order a 4 pieces set, and they are custom made. Unfortunately, those mats are fabricated by the Hexomat directly.

When the mats came in, they did not fit well. Then I found out that those are for 2006. :confuse: Immediately, I gave www.autoseattle.com a call, and they corrected my order within 2 weeks time with no charge for the new ones. The new mats fit perfectly and look great.

However, I still have the 2006 SF mat set. :D
  • sirvagabondsirvagabond Member Posts: 51
    Needing now to wait till late December for my Slate blue/beige AWD Limited Premium to roll of the production line and be delivered to Southern California. :mad: But, I believe it'll be worth it. By then the Limiteds will be fit with the addition of XM radio. Honestly I can't see me using this too regularly. Regardless, it'll be standard now, and in turn has raised my negotiation price past my no-budge, non-negotiable numbers! A month in working down the salesman, and Im now having to wait AND pay more anyway.... My question is does anyone know what the mark-up will be for the addition of XM radio?
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    I think your salesman is just trying to get more money out of you. This is going to be a standard system in all of Hyundai's vehicles eventually.
  • chas0215chas0215 Member Posts: 40
    Just wondering ... if Santa Fe has optional DVD system why not also offer an optional navigation system. Earlier Santa Fe reviews suggested that an optional navigation system might be available by Spring 2007. If anyone has reliable info on the availability of a NAV system for Santa Fe, please advise. Thanks.
    The Navigation system will be available by Spring '07, starting with the Santa Fe.
  • chas0215chas0215 Member Posts: 40
    My local dealerships in NY metro area don't seem to know anything about NAV system availability. What is the source of your information about availability in Spring '07? Thanks.
    I had a difficult time finding 2007 factory mud flaps.

I bought mine online from Gary Rome Hyundai at:

http://hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_All_New_Santa_Fe_Accessories.html

They are $28.50 per pair but register as a new customer and save another 11% on your purchase.

BTW - these are engineered perfectly and fit like a glove. They come with longer screws and clips that you'll need. I put on all four in under 15 minutes. No drilling or cutting. The easiest installation of mud flaps I have ever experienced. :)

Regards,

JCS
  • dmendeldmendel Member Posts: 16
    Anyone have a cargo box that fits their 2007 Santa Fe roof rack? I like this car very much, but it is a potential deal breaker if there is no cargo box available. Thule and Yakima websites show nothing available.

Also wondering if anyone knows the weight limit on the roof rack. Dealer said 150lbs. but didn't seem too sure about it.
    Right here at edmunds in the review. Several other reviews around have suggested it will be here around that time. It will go into the Santa Fe and the upcoming Veracruz, which will be officially released at the Detroit Auto Show in January. That will probably be when they officially announce the availability of the navigation system.
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    Thanks for the info. Not only did they have the mud flaps but they also had the cargo liner. Sweet!!!
    The site you posted for the mats does not offer pictures of them. Do you have a link for images of the actual mats?
  • lulu585lulu585 Member Posts: 23
    Your posts helped me a lot in buying my new Santa Fe---and I can definitely tell you, it's worth the wait!!!! My husband and I drove everything including used BMW X3 & X5, Tourgeg, new Rav 4, CRV, Tribeca, Mazda CX7---some are a blur---but we kept coming back to the Santa Fe and now I'm glad we did! I can't tell you how much I love this vehicle and I'm not what you call a car person at all!

I don't think you should have to pay for the XM radio! You've already been waiting forever and the least the dealership can do is eat the cost of this especially if it means a sale for them in a month like December! If so, the mark-up should be nominal! Just my opinion! Good luck!
  • sirvagabondsirvagabond Member Posts: 51
    Lulu. You gottit. I'm jealous.....seriously. I held out for my color, then the black n tan came it. But only with the price of an aftermarket sunroof. I declined. So now I've gotta wait till maybe after december for my ride to roll off of the factory line. At which time I think I may play hardball and wait till they get the car down here, then refuse to sign unless they throw in the XM! HA! Or I may just cave outta' desperation and buy the damn thing anyway once I see it....

Well, congrats on the new auto, and Im glad you waited. Gives me a bit of self-assurance with my own patience.

be good.
  • dmendeldmendel Member Posts: 16
    I just heard back from Thule and, in fact, many of their roof cargo boxes will fit the 07 Santa Fe. Also told me the roof rack limit is 165lbs.
  • mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    It would be fantastic if they had started offering the Nav system as early as January... although I seriously doubt that they will. I believe that the Korean version also includes a back-up camera and/or sensors... but sadly I don't think that will ever be available in the U.S. version.
    It probably won't be available until atleast March... or whenever the Veracruz comes to NA. The Veracruz will have all those goodies. They are trying to move it farther up-market.
  • rutan74rutan74 Member Posts: 20
    Just bought a SF-SE I am looking into getting a bug shield and the cargo mat. I have been told by dealer that neither is in yet for the 07 Santa Fe.

Anyone know if this is actually true? A quick search on the net didn't produce anything either. I'm not looking for the bra, but the bug shield. I'd like to get this on before we get to much further into winter and keep the chipping of paint on the hood of the SF to a minimum.

So, anyone hear anything? I was also told that the cargo mat was also not in yet.

thanks,
    jg
  • 07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    Cargo Mat - link title
    http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_All_New_Santa_Fe_Cargo_Tray_2_Row_S- eating.html

The bug Guard issue will not be available until after the holidays. The above link is not AFTER market. If you look closely it has the Santa Fe embossed. Good luck.
  • 07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_All_New_Santa_Fe_Cargo_Tray_2_Row_S- - eating.html

The bug Guard issue will not be available until after the holidays. The above link is not AFTER market. If you look closely it has the Santa Fe embossed. Good luck.

...and only good for 5 passenger option............
    UPS arrived earlier with my Vent Visors for my 07 Santa Fe Limited. I purchased them from www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com

Just finished installing them. They are the in channel type. They look much cleaner than the stick on ones did on my 03 Santa.
    Curious, Isn't that a moot point? In my application ( 5 ) passenger, it covers my entire cargo area to keep it clean. In a 7 passenger application you would have the seats folded down just like a ( 5 ) passenger vehicle. Won't it still fit?
  • wa0wawa0wa Member Posts: 6
    Since the new purchase of the 2007 Santa Fe SE, I am worry about car theft problem as I live in a not so good area.

Could you share your opinion if you install any anti-theft system? Lojack is expensive but is it worth it? How about Viper alarm? My dealer quoted me an "advance alarm system" with ignition disablers installed for $600... :(
  • usmcvstrommeusmcvstromme Member Posts: 2
    I originally posted this in the "problems and solutions" forum. I just saw this forum and think that this topic may be more appropriate here. I have an 04 Sante Fe Limited. Has anyone installed aftermarket roof rails? (not cross bars. I'll get to those later) The stock rails have a warning that says 75lbs max. I want to put a Cargo box up there that weighs 39lbs which only leaves 36lbs for gear. I did a "google search" and found one company, Perrycraft, that makes a set of rails that supports up to 180lbs but they say that the rails are not compatible with sunroofs. I'm not sure if this means that you can't open the sunroof with the crossbars installed (which makes a little bit of sense) or if it means the rails can't be installed, period...(which doesn't really make any sense at all). I guess I could call or email the company and find out what the deal is but was hoping to get some info from a fellow owner. Thanks anyone for the help
    I just purchased the full bra for my 07 Santa Fe from the dealer. I was not a fan of bra's and was waiting patiently for the bug guard to come down the pipe. Got tired of waiting. Best move I made all year. It looks awesome and fits extremely well. Bugs and paint chips be gone!

You cant go wrong for just 100 bucks. I will post a pic on my carspace site shortly...
  • ravenfan50ravenfan50 Member Posts: 14
    Anyone ever think about adding a rear spoiler on a non-limited Santa Fe? Any idea how much it would cost? Is it worth it? Just seeking opinions.
    Good question. I did a little research and was unable to find an after market vendor to address this so I decided to contact a dealer friend of mine on the east coast who runs the parts department there. As per him,Can it be ordered absolutely. Will it fit/work, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Unfortunately the rear gate trim and wiring do not match.

I will keep looking around for an after market solution for you...
  • jdrickjdrick Member Posts: 3
    Just got my Pearl White Limited AWD yesterday... looking for advice on what people are doing with the rear cargo space... I like the extra storage space where the 3 row seating is supposed to be, but I also don't want to get the carpet dirty when hauling things in the back... any suggestions? I suspect the custom rubber shell you can place in the back cargo area is the best plan, but then you have to take it in and out to get the third row storag space...

How about other accessories that others are buying? Are the mud gards worth it?

Thanks in advance! Rick
    Rick,

I bought the Carbox II liner for my 5 seater for $80. It fits like a glove and looks like it is part of the vehicle. I stow by emergency tool kit, a tarp, and other goodies in the SF storage and only hand to get to them once. You can remove it or just flip it up to get to the storage bin.

Here's the link where I got mine:

http://floormats4less.stores.yahoo.net/cb20-4520.html

I also bought the factory mudflaps and find that they keep the grim from the tires to to a minimum. I posted earlier (1-2 months ago) about the fit a finish and ease of installation. Highly recommend the factory flaps.

Here's where I got mine (sign up as a new customer and save another 11%):

http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_Santa_Fe_2007_Mud_Guards.html

Regards,

JCS
    "but then you have to take it in and out to get the third row storag space..."

Not true. The dealer cargo liner and many after market liners come with existing folds that allow you to lift the third row cargo bin door with ease just by folding the liner.

http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_All_New_Santa_Fe_Cargo_Tray_2_Row_S- eating.html
  • hanjj23hanjj23 Member Posts: 3
    I've just bought a Santa Fe 2.7 V6 7-seater SUV. It came with roof rack and crossrails. I would like to carry a couple of golf bags on top of the roof rack to free up more cargo space in the vehicle. Any suggestion or recommendation that you can share with me will be greatly appreciated.
  • hanjj23hanjj23 Member Posts: 3
    This is really great! Thank you so much for your help, Pelican19! Hopefully Thule Sidekick Cargo Box can be fitted to my SUV. :)
  • kp58kp58 Member Posts: 17
    The 07 Santa Fe has rocker panel molding but does not have any body side molding. The way the exterior curves in and out, it will be easy for other drivers to hit that curve and cause many door dings. Anyone know of any body side molding that can be added to protect the car (and molding that looks good)?
  • redbianchiredbianchi Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I just purchased a 2002 Santa Fe but the person I bought it from didn't have the keys for the roof rack. I'm planning on attaching a Thule mount so I can fit more bikes than I could with the factory crossbars. How can I get a key? Or is it possible to romove them without one?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Pull the plugs and gently turn them with a needle nose pliers. Been there done that.
  • srdriversrdriver Member Posts: 48
    Has anyone received any information when a Bug Shield will be offered for the 2007 Santa Fe?
    No information from the dealer yet. I could not wait any longer so I went with the bra.

Weathertech seems to be the only one listing one but since they were not able to provide me with a pic I decided on the bra. I have listed the links to both.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=5&make_id=22&year_n- - o=2007&veh_id=288&veh_opt_choice_id=0

Bra Link:

http://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_Santa_Fe_Front_End_Mask.hmtl
This discussion has been closed.