Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• hung0820hung0820 Member Posts: 426
    If you prefer to get the OEM H290 cd/cassette/EQ then call the dealers. This product is ready to buy at the dealer. Most of us prefer wood-dash not metal. However, I just recently found the place to order the fully loaded wood-dash:

KINGSCROSS MOTOR SPORTS INC.
    1957 Eglinton Ave. East
    Scarborough, Ontario
    M1L 2M3
    Phone: (416) 755-3322
    Fax: (416) 755-3208
    Ask for the owner Ken (tomorrow). He is not in today.
  • f16crewchieff16crewchief Member Posts: 17
    Fuller2
    You can see some photos of my Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit. I love it. Go to the photos section. I am there. I also wanted something besides the same old wood dash. I love the unique look.
  • akimmelakimmel Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone bought and installed the Santa Fe OEM Mud Flaps themselves? Did they come with intructions? I looked to order these from HDK Autosport but they wanted an outrageous $20 shipping for this item that only weighs a pound or so! Heck my local dealer plus taxes is much cheaper than that!

Akimmel
  • akimmelakimmel Member Posts: 10
    Oops that was not HDK Autosport that wanted $20 to ship mud flaps, it was Tischer Hyundai on their Website store order form. Sorry for the misinformation.......went ahead and got them from my dealer, now need time to install....looks like just a few screws. But once I back the screws out, I will want to put some kind of sealant in there to prevent rust I bet.

Akimmel
  • pnw1pnw1 Member Posts: 11
    Ok, I'm shallow! I want Hyundai Sunglasses and a pen for the owners manual...Any ideas where I can get these?
  • billtungbilltung Member Posts: 255
    I saw the Santa Fe's Cast Iron Model is on sale in my dealer since the 1st day I visited them. But they asked for about CND$50 which I think is ridicuously expensive! The dealer should send one to each SF owner to thank for their support but not charging them because it is just a marketing toy!
  • mtnrunner1mtnrunner1 Member Posts: 18
    I have just purchased my black Santa Fe!

Now for the trim kit. Any suggestions between the different manufactures??? I've found Florida Auto Trim, B&I, and Woodview.

Which do you prefer?

Thank you,
    Mike
  • wales1wales1 Member Posts: 90
    Mike..look at the edashkit.com site, they have two kits that alot of SFe owners like alot, and the price is right on them and they cover alot of pieces.
  • desertsfdesertsf Member Posts: 1
    Great board! I enjoyed all your comments before I purchased my Pine Green Santa Fe GLS 4WD w/ABS and continue to enjoy reading them to get the most out of the vehicle. I'm looking for a 3-4 bike carrier that will mount in the 2" receiver on the tow bar that came with the vehicle. I'd also prefer one that tilts/swings out of the way of the liftgate and the is capable of being used at the same time you are towing. Does anyone have any experience with such a product and can make recommendations? I've never towed anything before but would like to pull a pop-up camper while using the bike carrier. Anything I need to be aware before making a purchase? I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks in advance.
  • rfairesrfaires Member Posts: 13
    Saw some great looking vent shades on a PT Prowler. (It was black and looked extremely sharp with the shades... also had running boards.) I walked over to look at the shades and the manufacturer/seller and a toll free number was listed discretely on each of the shades. They said WeatherTech 1-800-441-6287. I called the number last Friday and found out they make they have the shades for the Santa Fe. They are pricey, however,.... $79.95 plus $9.00 shipping for all four. They do seem to be very high quality.

Later, my son found an ad for the shades in Road & Track magazine. The shades are manufactured in Germany for Mac Neil Automotive Products Limited out of Downers Grove, Illinois. You can see the vent shades at their web site: http://www.macneilauto.com.

• rfairesrfaires Member Posts: 13
    Is anyone having problems with the Hyundai Series 3 Fender Flares staying attached? I purchased mine from HDK and when they arrived, some of the double faced tape was already off, but still seemed to be ok. After a few weeks, I am noticing they are not sticking the best and I have had one even fall off - the passenger side door piece (they do not have any clips, only tape).

I have talked to Sam at HDK and he is ordering me a new piece for the one that fell off and also sending me new tape.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the tape sticking? I followed the directions for application - washed, allowed to thoroughly dry, cleaned with alcohol, then applied in upper 70s weather.

P.S. - I love the look of the fender flares, if I can just keep them on.

Thanks,
    mike
  • pvalerypvalery Member Posts: 19
    Why din't you get the clips. I have the serie 3 and they are holding fine with the clips i must add. I even removed and re-applied one of them with the same beatup tape and it's still on three months later.
    They do look great
    The piece that fell off is the one that is attached to the door and it does not have any clips for installation - it only uses the tape. The other two pieces (above the wheels) use both clips and tape.

3 pieces per side, 2 use clips and tape and the 1 piece only uses tape.

So your tape is holding ok?
  • mleontimleonti Member Posts: 1
    Aloha, I'm a new owner of the Santa Fe and am searching for various accessories to personalize my Santa Fe. Any suggestions on where to find the chrome accessories such as for the glass tailgate handle, tailgate door handle, front grill shell? I tried hdkautosport.com but the chrome accessories come in a package with others I don't really want. Thank you.
  • kamanaloa1kamanaloa1 Member Posts: 1
    After searching for weeks for the least expensive wood dash kit I found www.alkaplus.com to be the cheapest for the Santa Fe. You get 35 or 36 pieces for only 160.00 !!! Compared to the others 11 - 13 pieces for the same price or even more. Check it out.
  • tsberkey4tsberkey4 Member Posts: 40
    Hi, everyone. I have just discovered this site and it looks very informative. We are considering a new Santa Fe, but after 12 years of mini-vans, my wife is really nervous about giving up 7-passenger seating. We don't want to move into the $30k+ range to get that extra seat! Does anyone know of an aftermarket 3rd seat that can be installed/removed relatively easily?
  • snowman2596snowman2596 Member Posts: 14
    I was just curious if anyone had found--or had a need to try to find--grill covers for their Santa Fe? After several 30 and 40 below mornings and afternoons, I have come to the conclusion that this is an indespensible item to have. Any information and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • mlab2001mlab2001 Member Posts: 1
    I've got my SUV choices down to the Saturn Vue and the Hyundai Santa Fe.

For the Hyundai, does anyone have a preference for either the FWD 6 or AWD 6 ?

I live in New England, and we get snow in the winter.... And I have no interest in going off road. Just ski trips on slippery roads.

What seems to be the favorite engine/drivetrain configuration ? And why ?

Any reason's why the Santa Fe is a better buy than a similar priced Saturn? Other than the 100k Warranty on the Santa Fe?
  • cszczcszcz Member Posts: 1
    Where can I find a wiring harness for a Sante Fe?
  • harry31harry31 Member Posts: 128
    A COMPLETE set??? Good luck!
  • greg55126greg55126 Member Posts: 12
    Just wondering if anybody has purchased an aftermarket trailer hitch and installed one on a Santa Fe? I would like one for hauling bikes around. Any suggestions?
  • scout19scout19 Member Posts: 13
    Looking for information with regards to replacing the original am/fm-cd radio ---- with a good aftermarket am/fm/cd cassette. Seems that the orginal equipment is kinda limited in volume also has no cassette.
  • gls2003gls2003 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, does anyone know of places or websites that sell accessories/parts for the Hyundai Sante Fe?
    The dealership charges TOO MUCH. They wanted $15.95 for 1 replacement key, $1300 for front grill, $700 for rear bumper bar, $400 for side rear grill, $900 for sidesteps. Also, just an FYI, your rear bumper red lights are ACTUAL LIGHTS, not reflectors like the dealers say. If you remove the covers, you will see that you need a wiring harness, a bulb holder, and a bulb. I brought this up w/ the service dept., they said that Hyundai may plan to offer that capability in the future. We'll see. My friend fixed his Volkswagon Sorrocco himself, so that his rear lights go on. He said it is standard in Europe, but in America, they leave out that capability. Hey, lets be safer with more Red Lights on the rear. :)
    With regards to the lower reflectors on the rear bumpers, in Europe they are a rear light. I went to pep boys found two side marker running light wiring harness connectors. Removed reflectors drilled holes in them and installed the new lights. Soldered into above light group. Now when i turn my lights on i also have bright rear lower bumber lights.And yes more lights are better. Also installed a set of halogen back up lights on lower bumper,
  • tommyp13tommyp13 Member Posts: 146
    A friend at work has the am/fm cd/cass player, and was whining about not having a changer. Checked the Hyundai website, and doesn't look like there's one available from dealers. Is this true? If so, has anyone done anything about it in the aftermarket? I think that he'd prefer to not go through the RF mod. type through the cassette player.

I'm hoping that there's an aux jack in the back, or that the OE h/u is made by a co. that would have a changer that would be compatable. TIA!
  • rich0210rich0210 Member Posts: 2
    Tommyp - I just purchased one from Crutchfield.com. $299 with all cables and mounting brackets included. I looked around and could not find one anywhere else. And BTW it plugs right into the factory radio. Just make sure the radio has a cd/cdc button on it.
  • sambojohosambojoho Member Posts: 14
    As far as I can tell, the dealers either can't get them or don't know they're available. Although I think the one they sell for the XG350 will work in the Santa Fe's radio, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, HDK Autosport sells the Hyundai OEM CD changer that will fit for $349. Go here:

http://prod.econgo.com/hd/hdkautosport.econgo.com/cat/c20040.1.esl?SID=f5230c101500

• oriveraorivera Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know of a good site that offers Accessories for the Santa Fe (ie. wheel locks, hood covers, deflectors)? Does anyone out there have the deflector or hood cover and have pictures. I can't decide which one to buy.
  • oriveraorivera Member Posts: 6
    peterpeter what is the website that you bought your fender flares from?
    Has anyone found a good web site for hood wind deflectors and other aftermarket items?
  • twospiritstwospirits Member Posts: 4
    There are numerous hood wind deflector being sold on ebay as well as at your local Hyundai Dealership. Of course on ebay they are cheaper, plus they have the clear looking ones. It seems that Lund is the sole manufacturer of these hood deflectors. As for aftermarket accessories I use TFR Racing at www.teamfalconracing.com they have numerous items that the korean models have and they make the Santa Fe look much nicer in my opinion. I bought their spoiler and fender flares etc.
  • stevelbertstevelbert Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if a wiring harness is part of the Trailer Hitch accessory from Hyundai? Or are all Santa Fe's pre-wired with the wiring harness?

Thanks,
    steve
  • harry31harry31 Member Posts: 128
    >Or are all Santa Fe's pre-wired with the wiring harness?

My '02 SF was not 'pre-wired' with a hitch harness.
    Thanks Twospirits For The info
  • richsaprichsap Member Posts: 93
    Anyone had any experience with WeatherTech brand rain guards on a Santa Fe? These apparently mount inside the window channel (as opposed to mounting on the door frame with tape). I'm considering buying a set, but want to know if their mounting method holds up. Thanks!
  • nma126nma126 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know or have an opinion on getting the GLS/2.7L/AWD with ABS-and traction control? We are having a hard time finding the AWD model with ABS locally (central PA). The dealership told us they are rare and having the AWD system makes the ABS/traction control redundant. Any opionions? Thanks!
  • dmlrndmlrn Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 SantaFe LX AWD and absolutely love it. I would like to have a remote engine starter installed for the cold winter months ,since I need to be at work 24/7. My husband insists that Hyundai must do the installation since I would negate the warranty if something goes wrong. I could have it done $100 cheaper at a reliable company. Anyone out there had one installed.
    thanks Donna
  • bigkahunaflbigkahunafl Member Posts: 128
    Check these out:

http://www.brandsport.com/hyundai.html
    VERY limited items

http://www.hyundaipartspeople.com/
    more selection
  • triplectriplec Member Posts: 7
    Anyone know where I could get a bag that will strap down on the roofracks for travel?
  • cjb2486cjb2486 Member Posts: 26
    I had wanted a GLS/2.7L FWD with ABS and it was also very difficult to find. I am a big believer in the ABS, although I have yet to see a lot of value in traction control. However, the traction control comes bundled together with the ABS. I finally found one in early November at McCafferty Hyundai in Langhorne Pa. I was very happy with the dealer and the price that they gave me.

Good luck.
    I added the half nose mask to my Santy instead of the wind deflector. Tough choice, but I wanted something easy to take on and off when necessary. Anyone else go this route or the other?
  • azguy77azguy77 Member Posts: 6
    Which models does the digital date display came standard? I bought a 2004 Santa Fe LX, with sun roof, and noticed the date display was not installed. Is this a extra option? No longer available? Just curious.
    Sorry, can't help you on this one. But will bump it up for you.
  • rhetzlerrhetzler Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone suggest an engine/transmission modification or add-on accessory to seriously improve gas mileage for my Santa Fe?
  • hclinehcline Member Posts: 1
    ANY ONE,

MAKING A MOVE FROM ALASKA TO LAS VAGAS.
    PLAN TO PULL TRAILER WITH HOUSE HOLD GOODS
    WEIGHT ABOUT 1800LBS PLUS TRAILER. HAS ANY ONE
    HAD EXPERIENCE WITH TOWING OR SHOULD I FORGET IT.

SANTA FE IS 2001 V6 HAS RECEIVER HITCH. WILL BE USING U-HAUL 5X8 TRAILER.

THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION.

HANK
  • kingtriton04kingtriton04 Member Posts: 3
    Hank

I plan on pulling my new 2005 Casita travel trailer that weighs around 3000#s. The Corp and dealership all say it is ok, as long as I have a electric brake on the trailer.

You will not even know that the Uhaul trailer is behind you.

good luck

Hall
  • azmrboazmrbo Member Posts: 3
    Hi

I did not see an answer to this question. I am looking to get Window deflectors, Hood bug shield and Sunroof deflector. Any Advice. I live in Arizona high heat and do not want to use tape. I am afraid it will not hold.

Please let me know any info and best place to buy. The weathertech look good but ARE THEY?
  • teacher447teacher447 Member Posts: 21
    I have the weather tech window vents on a santa fe. It is a 2004 I put them on myself. I've had no problem in 15 months. I'm in NYC. The last car had tape vent and they one was stolen and the others fell off.
  • azmrboazmrbo Member Posts: 3
    hate to say it but wal-mart $19.95, I got one but have not used it yet.
This discussion has been closed.