Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper

Comments

• micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Thanks for the post. I periodically think about getting one - it's unique in the incredible handling it offers for the $$$. I think the regular model is just fine - not harsh riding, still handles well, acceleration is more than adequate.

Did you upgrade tires yet? Seems the only weakpoint in the basic package, they struck me as a little "skinny."
  • rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    Yes I upgraded to a 205/50/16 tire & wheel pkg. from Tire Rack $800 delivered to my door. It improved the already great handling of the car over the stock "skinny" tires.

Ray T. :shades:
    I love the tirerack too. They beat dealer installed tires and wheels seven ways from Sunday. What did you get exactly? Kosei? (Lightweight.) Bridgestone 950's?
    I got the B.F. Goodrich Traction Radial 205/50/16. The thought being I wanted a beefier tire for looks and handling that would be a 3 season tire also providing "wet" traction for the rainy days. They had a good rating for the type of use I needed them for. The wheels are Fox Sport Edition, 5 spoke 16 x 7 (no longer carried) $880 delivered inc. mount/balance/ centering ring and lug bolts, ready to bolt on. The stock 15" all season tires just outright sucked to put it plainly. I also bought 4 Dunlop Winter Sport M2 snow tires for my winter weather driving. I mounted them on the stock 15" rims and put the all season tires in my shed where they will probably reside till I throw them out or sell em. They were terrible in the snow. The Dunlop's were a great improvement for the Mini when driving in snow. I highly recommend snow tires for anyone using their Mini in winter weather driving.

• joesterjoester Member Posts: 11
    Micweb,
    I've been to a few of the mini meets and the people are just good common people. We tried coming up with abreviations for the "Smug Bimmer" crowd. After being cut off treated with the worst road manners I came up with this one.
    B M W. . .Bohemian Manners While (Driving).
    Joester
    B M W. . .Bohemian Manners While (Driving).

he he
  • davidg3davidg3 Member Posts: 16
    Besides recommending snow tires, anyone who has driven a MINI in the snow tell me about your feelings? Handles well? Safe at speed and on the highway?

Thanks
  • stormy2stormy2 Member Posts: 1
    How are you guys doing on gas mileage? I just got my
    Mini s and have found it not quite as good as I thought. Not willing to give the Mini up but just wondered what everyone else was getting.
    Thanks
    The Mini does OK considering it's size. Anything over the front air damn though and you'll be plowing snow until you can't go anywhere. That is the limitation on unplowed roads. As far as safe on the road, that's relative to your driving habits in the snow. If you have the mentality of some of the crazy SUV drivers I've seen driving in snow you'll be in the ditch with them. They seem to forget that while they have superior traction ya still gotta stop and that's where physics takes over. :P LOL

If I were buying a new Mini and lived in areas subject to snow I would be getting the Limited Slip Differential option for sure.

Ray T :shades:
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    I've been hanging around a few other discussions, but I keep coming back to the Cooper every month or two. I just can't stand how every commuter car is, well, it feels like a piece of tin. I had a Volvo 240 years ago and it was a solid little tank. There's no reason other than being cheap that a small car has to be an utter tin-can.

That said, I did some research - here's my options list with resale value in mind:
    Cooper S. Look at the prices for a used Del Sol VTEC, which everyone wants compared to a stock one, which nobody wants. When the car is ten years old, the S models will be what 99% of people want to buy. No brainer choice, really.

It seems as if automatic would be a must(though I hate them myself) - that I'll have to diverge from my "plan" on - Stick is a must for me. 160+HP, though, it's a rocket with the automatic anyways. The Matrix/Vibe with automatic and the big engine is another simmilar "sleeper".

Other options(feedback appreciated - the goal is to "muscle-car" it, with performance mods and little amenities being the focus)
    - White with black top/trim. Lowest cost paint and a classy look.
    - No packages(options added individually, since most packages really only have 1-2 must-have options)
    - DSC and Limited Sllip. These are like ABS - useful and will be heavily sought-after when it comes time to sell it.
    - Stock tires. Most peolpe don't want fancy, expensive tires. Saves $$$ too. Big grippy tires also cost you 1-3mpg on average.
    - Standard lamps. Xenons are blinding anyways and pricey to replace.
    - Foglights added.
    - Arm rest. Silly not to have it.
    - Basic seats. Black latherette.
    - Anthracite interior(free and looks better, so why not)
    - NO automatic A/C. In a car this small, it's just another thing to break.
    - Chrono Pack. Must-have. Putting the speedometer and tach behind the wheel is a huge improvement. Used, people want this option, btw. The onboard computer is a nice bonus, too.
    - Cruise/multifunciton wheel. Cruise control is perhaps the only really necessarry "luxury". Most people will want it, and wheel-mounted audio is a must these days.
    - Stock audio system. It's fine. Thank god it's not Bose.
    $22,500 plus $550 delivery. $1900 in options for what you gain - it's way better than a "package". Pretty much what you need to make it a desireable car when it comes time to sell it(or still a superb car if you don't).

My only quandry is about accessories. These are the ones I really want:
    - Aux audio input. No-brainer, really. $40
    - Cupholder accessory. $50 and worth every penny. Can fit a normal drink, finally. Otherwise the car has "AUDI-itis" - with holders that are really just auxiliary change/etc holders
    - Map light. Again, it's actually nice functional upgrade that adds a bit of class. $28
    - Black carpet mats $95. Another must-have. Makes the car look a bit classier, as well.
    - Black rubber boot mat. Protecting the carpet is silly not to do. $50
    - Bumper protection strip. Same deal as above. $40 For $185, I guarantee that the car will have at least $185 less wear over 3-5 years.
    - Wheel locks (I live in Los Angeles, unfortunately) $31 - can't avoid these.
    That's $338 in dealer-installed options, which is quite respectable. All of it seems to also be on the "necessarry or almost so" list.
    $23,388. Total options: $2288

Comments? I think optioned out like this, it would have great resale value and be a kick in the pants to drive.
  • markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    Honestly, I'd get what you want, not what you guess the next owner will want. I think you're putting way too fine a point on one's ability to decide what will be popular in a few years. There are some options that tend to be more popular than others, but I hardly think things like the "Chrono Pack" are must haves for resale. If you want it, go for it, but not for resale.

My take is that options typically depreciate at a higher percentage than the base car. So if you really want to buy a car, drive it for a few years, and get back the absolutely highest percentage of what you paid (minimizing depreciation), I'd get a base MCS - no options whatsoever. But again, get what you want.

Finally, if you're worried about resale, I'd avoid black paint like the plague. Black cars, unless you're an absolutely fanatic about washing/waxing, invariably look like hell in a few years. They fade in the sun and show every swirl mark and defect. The most resale-friendly car color is probably silver - it is very popular and looks great, even if not maintained terribly well.

Have fun,

- Mark
    That's why White would work as well - it hides huge amounts of ills, though why they can't make a metallic white paint is beyond me.

As for options, yes, the non-mechanical additions do depreciate fast. I ditched the armrest from the equation. I decided, also, to drop the S. It's fast, but it's too big of a premium. The lack of a spare tire and relying on run-flats actually is a negative for resale value with the S(not pricing, but finding somone to buy it). $338 in dealer options isn't overkill. The chrono pack is a must-have, though. It's inexpensive and adds a lot of functionality to the car.

Modified(and much shorter list):
    Cooper, White, White top. $17,500 (maybe black top - dunno)
    Sport Suspension Plus - $500
    DSC - $500
    Front Foglamps - $150(duh - should be standard, though)
    Rear Foglamp - $100(my choice here - think all cars should have them, after seeing one in action last night)
    15" Delta Spokes(free, so why not? The plain wheels look dreadful. These also don't have caps over the lugnuts to loose/have the paint fade)
    Standard interior. Anthracite. Grey seats - $0
    Chrono Pack - $300
    -----
    $1550 in options. Keep it simple and functional. Foglamps up front not optional. Rear one is a good safety feature. Chrono pack is the only non-safety/performance thing I'd be getting because I would want it for myself.(grin)
    $256 in dealer options. (dropped the cupholder - it felt flimsy and without the armrest, there is a nice big holder there already. Droped the maplight. Kept Aux input. That's actually useful - I can put a MP3 player in there and reduce clutter.
    -----
    $19,306. I think this is as inexpensive as I can get while having the car be performance-minded. Any other options that you'd recommend?
  • crunchcrunch Member Posts: 84
    Having owned and sold two MINIs prior to the one I now have, I think you are off base on your assumptions about resale. The market says otherwise. More options, quicker sale at higher residual. I sold a one year old MC totally loaded for $700 less than MSRP. Not Bad. ;)
    One last thought, no matter what the market is today, who's to say that the day after you take delivery, a new something-or-other hits the market and destroys the resale of the MINI. Where would you be then? MINIs are about passion, not prudence! Buy it, drive it, enjoy it! :D
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    You may also consider posting in the MINI Cooper: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. Best of luck with your decision!
  • mfjktmdmfjktmd Member Posts: 1
    LOVE everything about my G35 coupe, but had it 2 1/2 years (20,000 mi.) and thinking time to change. Drove Mini S and thought it would be fun. Convertible sounds good in FL, but visibility doesn't seem good whether top up or down. Also liked the sunroof. What about gas mileage? Required options? Concerned about problem comments I read, i.e. engine light coming on. Closest dealer to me 70 miles. All comments appreciated.
  • akitadogakitadog Member Posts: 117
    Go ahead and buy one. If you think it's time for a change after only 2.5 years with a car, then, should you have any problems with the MINI, it won't bother you too much to go ahead and sell it a year or two down the road, for a good price at that.

Gas mileage much better than G35 (25 city, 32 hiway). Get sport package, LSD, multifunction steering wheel as must-have options. Also, manual tranny all the way.
    I love my MCS, but I woudln't bet on a huge bump in gas mileage over a G35. My 2004 gets 21-23 in everyday riding (70% city), and maybe 27-29 on the highway and the 2005 model shortened the gearing which made the highway mileage worse. A lot of folks are having trouble cracking 25 consistently. The Mini aerodynamics are poor and the engine, while very robust, doesn't reflect the latest fuel economy technology.

Also, a dealer 70 miles away would be close to my threshold of pain for service and warranty issues. While most of the bugs are out, there are still a lot of Mini's out there which require repeated trips to the dealer to iron out a bunch of niggling problems. With a 3-hour round trip time for each problem, this could be a real headache.

You might consider a Mazda 3.

- Mark
    Or check out Pontiac's new Solstice ! I have been thinking of a change to the sharp little roadster they came out with which is competative price wise with the Mini S. Only problem is they are taking orders (without a test drive) for April 06 deliveries. I usually don't buy without a drive & buying based on looks alone doesn't cut it for me. The Pontiac dealer is 1 mile from home compared to 50 miles for Mini dealer. Now that I have no warranty left it is a concern based on past issues I had with my Cooper. Hell, even Mini had both models to test drive for comparison when I bought mine in 2003. If only the BMW dealer across the street from me would pick-up a Mini franchise (which Mini corporate stated no plans for this in my area) it would resolve the distance to dealer issue I have. Then I could wait for the Cooper Roadster to debut in 2008 ;)

• minilunaminiluna Member Posts: 10
    Greetings, I have a Mini S 2005, with only 1,000 mile plus, and I have noticed in the lower gears, or when decelerating, there is a popping sound. Or a not to loud backfiring sound coming from the exhaust area. It doesn’t do it all the time, but sometimes. I called the dealer and he said this was perfectly normal for the 2005 S. He said it’s a through back to the 1960s Mini when they were raced. It sounds strange that this popping sound or backfiring should be normal? Anyone out there experiencing this, or could share information, can be annoying. Mark?
  • cct1cct1 Member Posts: 221
    Yes, it's perfectly normal, your salesman was dead on. It's kind of a gurgle/flatulence sound, and it's there on purpose. Many Mini owners get a kick out of it, and try to get the sound whenever they can. I have to admit, I kind of dig it....
    It's common in nmany small engines with short exhaust systems.

As for the Solstice, watch this site's head-to-head review of it versus the 2006 Miata/MX-5. (on the right of this page, actually) The MX-5 wins by a small margin in every cateogry, including price/availability. If you really want a roadster, though, I'd suggest getting a used SLK with the V6 in it or a couple of year old S2000 - both are worlds better vehicles.

As for the Cooper... next year will see more options a ~140-150HP midrange option. I'm just hoping they don't plastic-ify and bubble-mobile the thing. The prototypes/spy photos show a much larger, less "cute" vehicle. I have this awful feeling that it'll be a $20K BMW Honda Fit/Peugeot clone. They should just make the car as-is of the next decade or two instead of messing with it.
    Not so sure we'll see the 140 HP engine in the MC; the new BMW engine comes in three flavors, and the MC may still get the lowest (about 110 HP) variation. The 140 HP version may not make it into the MC, or it may not make it into the MC next year; I don't think anyone knows for sure yet. I have a sneaky suspicion it won't, but that's only a guess.

I also doubt there'll be any radical changes on the Mini's exterior; the most notable will be the different grill (Which was mandated by European pedestrian laws). The Mules have all been heavily cladded for disguise, but when it's all said and done, I doubt the knew Mini's will be all that different on the exterior. Now the new special edition models that will be coming out is a whole different story--the new platform should allow for some fairly interesting variations.

I have a 2006 MCS on the way; I really don't want to mess with a brand new car, brand new engine, in a first year production model. Maybe down the road (by then BMW will hopefully have the new twin turbo perfected), but I really want the supercharger. The tritec may not be the most sophisticated engine at this point, but it's still a very nice powerplant, the supercharged version has one a number of awards, and it pretty much has all the bugs worked out of it. I have to admit, I'm still eagerly anticipating the 2007's though.
    good post cct1. I'm in the same boat with my 2004. No, the Tritec isn't the most sophisticated engine out there, but it's robust and has a lot of character. In some ways, it makes the car unique in the same way that the flat-four VW engine made the bug unique - I don't think the Mini would be as engaging with a Honda engine. And the MCS really has a nice swell of engine power in the mid-range with excellent throttle response that is perfectly matched to the chassis and limitations of FWD. More power would be nice, but in many ways, the MCS reminds me of the balance of the original Miata.

We'll see about the new engine. The big thing I'm looking for is better fuel economy - this is the one thing the Tritec really sucks on right now - there is no way a tiny 170-hp car like the MCS should be getting in the low-20's which is what a lot of us are doing much of the time. I've got a SUV which is almost twice as heavy as my Mini and the Mini only gets 30% better mileage in exactly the same driving. That's ridiculous.

Like all BMWs, I would avoid the first year or two of a major re-design. This puts my upgrade decision off until late 2007 at best, and a lot of things can change between now and then. But I fully expect to be enjoying my 2004 throughout the interim.

- Mark
  • mwalkmwalk Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering a MCS. Driven a new one at the dealers twice and love it. However, I'm conerned about the Road and Track long term use rating reliability "poor" and about the many problems posted here and on other forums about problems. I'm used to Honda (5 years with 2 autos 80K each with not a single problem) and don't expect the same, but pretty close. So, given that problems are mentioned more often than praise, how many of you have experience with 1 to 3 years of ownership with no or minimal problems? Thanks
    That's exactly why I'm getting a 2006. The bugs have dramatically improved since the first two years the car was out--the 2002's, and to a lesser extent, the 2003's, had major issues. And I agree with Mark, stay away from the initial 2007's--it may be like 2002 all over again (I doubt it will be quite as bad, but I don't see the 2007's being anywhere near the 2006's for reliability).

On other boards, your question has been asked numerous times--and the feeling I get is that from 2004 on up, the Mini has gotten much, much better (Yo-yo, stumble, frequent breakdowns, squeaks, rattles, etc. seen on the earlier models appear to dramatically decreased in frequency). Is it going to be in the same league as a Honda with regard to reliability? No, but on the other hand my wife has a honda now--and all we've had is problems with it (although we did have a civic about 6 years ago--that was one great car!).

For me, the Mini is a second car; I'm keeping my SUV, but hopefully won't be driving it much. My mini dealer is 45 minutes away; I would be a little leery of the Mini as my only vehicle if the dealer was far away, even though my perception is the reliability of the car is much improved. So if you have a good dealer that's not too far away, I'd go for it, wether it's your only car or second car--there are enough problem free Mini S's to justify it in this situation. However, if this will be your only car and your dealer isn't the greatest, or it's far away, as much as I love the Mini, then I would be careful, and would consider something else.
    My anecdotal experience with my twenty-month-old 2004 MCS is that I've had basically one problem - the infamous "steering clicking" problem. The dealer has replaced the rack but I think it's the column. But the problem is fairly minor so it may not be worth worrying too much about.

The reliabilty of the MC has steadily improved during the current production run, but it is not going to match a small Honda, or any Japanese car for that matter. The data shows that you might expect 2x or 3x the number of problems with something like a Civic. The data we have has a pretty long "memory" so I don't think the Mini is quite as bad as some reports suggest. But again, no match for a Toyota.

I don't think the Mini is much (if any worse) than a VW, Audi, or BMW though. The only way you're going to really get much better reliability is with an Asian car.

It all depends on how much you like the Mini vs. the competition and how much you get bugged by an occasional problem.

Final thought: Where's the nearest dealer? A problem car is no big deal with a close-by dealer but can be a nightmare if they're a couple hours away.

- Mark
    Follow up on the "are Mini's reliable" question.

Since the Mini first shipped, Consumer Reports (basically the only organization currently collecting any reliability data from consumers) has given the Mini a "below average" reliability rating which has excluded the car from it's recommended list.

In the most current issue, they've published some updates, and Mini has improved to average and is now a recommended car. This is pretty strong evidence that, while it may not match Honda or Toyota reliability, it's improving with every year of the current design, and is now an easy match for virtually any European car and most American cars.

Good news for late-model Mini owners.

- Mark
  • cooperladycooperlady Member Posts: 7
    My Brother-in-law purchase the new Solstice and these are his exact words; Says its a great little car however he said he getting rid of it and buying another Miata and to me I keep telling him to get guts and buy a Mini . lol
    The other advantage the Mini has is silly high resale value - just don't experct a dime back for options. If he wants something sporty, though, the RX-8 is better than the Miata or Mini. I test-drove all of the small semi-sporty coupes and roadsters and the RX-8 was at the top.

The Mini S - about 3rd place, mostly because it's plainly overpriced. The Base Mini, though, is a nice car for the money.
    It's all subjective, but I disagree about the MCS being overpriced compared to the Mini - I can't think of another car where $3600 buys such a huge increment in performance (almost 50% more power) and features. IMHO, the value-leader in the Mini line is the base S coupe for about $21K.

And since the MCS is much more popular in the used market, you'd get all or nearly all of the extra back when you sell in a few years. Unless you are sensitive to initial cost or fuel mileage, I view it as a no-brainer to get the MCS.

- Mark
    Yeah, I'd echo Mark. Now if you want to argue the JCW upgrade is overrpriced, then you have an argument....
    Yes, I agree, the $3600 bump from the MC to MSC gets nearly a 50% boost in power, but the next 25% costs nearly double this amount.

Further, I'm don't think a JCW MCS is really a better overall package than the MCS. Getting that 207-hp to the pavement in a light FWD chassis is no picnic and with this much power and LSD, torque steer rears it's ugly head, something that is virtually (and pleasantly) nearly non-existent in the non-LSD MCS.

- Mark
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    My local dealer had a JCW MCS on the lot... had just about every available carbon fiber extra...

Total price: $48K!!

Makes a loaded $28K MCS look positively cheap....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

So I've got $48K in my pocket and I can buy either this souped up JCW MCS or a new M3. Wow, that's a tough one. ;-)

- Mark
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Yeah.... but, everybody has an M3.. You'd be the only one with a $48K MINI... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cooperladycooperlady Member Posts: 7
    I agree with ya execept thank goodness its not a new Ford coming out for then I would wait like 3 years to see if it was reliable. LOL
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    HP jumped 20 or more. I love the current one, wouldn't change a hair on it!

I doubt the next one will be a near-perfect as the current one. It will have more versions, but that may dilute it's unique appeal. :cry:

DrFill
  • njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    According to Autoexpress, the same engine used in Peugot/Citorens is expected to crank out 180HP, vs the 170 that is targeted in Cooper S. The base version's HP is going up though, to 143 BHP. There have ben mixed messages about whether the current 110HP tritec engine will be retained as an entry level model for the US models.
    Cheers!!
    --njexpress
    Not so sure you're going to see the 143 BP in the Base cooper. There are three variants of the engine, and there is a good chance the Base Cooper will have the lowest (Can't remember the exact HP, but it's much closer to 110 than 143) HP engine, for a number of reasons, including devaulation of the previous generation base mini's, as well as not as much seperation between the MC and MCS among them. Time will tell, but I'd be surprised to see 143 in the base Cooper. This engine will find it's way into more vehicles than just the Cooper, and I doubt we'll ever see the 143 version in the Mini.
    Hmmm... "not as much seperation between the MC and MCS" - That would make sense. I doubt if devaluation of prev. gen minis would be a reason though. Anways, my immediate concern is :confuse: - Rumors are flying that the next gen covertible will not be out until after mid 2007, maybe only ater the traveller comes out. The wait is killing me :mad: I hope it doesn't take that long...
    Yeah, unfortunately that's the rumored timeline. You should be able to get the "old" version until then though. Do you really want to go with a 2007 though? I'd wait until 2008, IMHO these cars are going to have quite a few bugs the first go around.

Although less seperation between the MC and MCS is probably the main reason, the devaluation does come into play--BMW has done everything it can to prevent it, and I suspect they will continue to do so--it will allow them to keep prices up. The new (2007) generation will be the first year that they're going to make a profit supposedly off the Mini.
  • kerokero Member Posts: 1
    I want to purchase a mini cooper s in 2006 but think that if a new model is coming out soon, I would wait for that. My question is: does anyone know the actual estimated date of availability of the 2007 new mini?
    Fall of 2006, exact date hasn't been announced that I know of.

There was a rumor that the new engine would find it's way into the last of the 2006's, as a bridge between the body style change; the "new" engine will fit into the "old" design, but just barely (apparently a few cars have been produced this way for testing purposes). I doubt that will happen though...Personally I'd wait a year, for the 2008's before taking the plunge--take a look at Mini's track record with the intial 2002 Mini, and you'll see it took a couple of years to get the bugs out.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    In 8+ months of ownership, the only non-maintenance repair required for our base Cooper CVT (wife's car actually) is a burnt out dome light. And less rattle than my Acura TL. Mind you, we don't put on a pile of miles -- only about 5000 miles in 8 months. But overall we've been pleasantly surprised by the Mini's reliability. So much so that at times I've toyed with the idea of getting an '06 MCS manual tranny for myself. But then....a couple or 3 grand more could get me into a base BMW 3-series, which may be almost as much fun to drive.....
    I've got a very minor case of the steering wheel column "click" (only in cold weather and only for the first mile or so), but otherwise, no problems whatsoever in 13K miles. And an extremely solid/tight car. No rattles or squeaks whatsoever.

I wouldn't have two in a family though. Just too one-dimensional a car for that. I'd either go super-duper gas economy (e.g, a Prius) or something a lot more comfortable for trips.
    A second car should be a good highway cruiser. The smart money's on something like a used 4-5 year old Lexus or simmilar. 20K and every luxury option you can think of, plus floats along at 70mph, getting nearly 30mpg.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    My TL is not a bad running mate to the Mini. It's not as comfy as a Lexus, but it's not bad for longer trips. It's just that the Mini is so much more fun and convenient for the daily city jaunts. But my wife drives it to work everyday and I can't use it. :cry:
    Hi Folks,
    In case you haven't checked it out already, here's the link:
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=108466
    Still no clear cut details on the relase date. I have been prowling other forums for more info. I will keep looking...
    Cheers!!
    --njexpress
  • pusher1668pusher1668 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 05 MCS with 15K miles on it and has developed an occasional squeal in 1st gear only (manual tranny) upon initial take up. Have not checked with dealer yet, interested to see if similar experience out there.
    Ugh. Sounds like clutch to me.

- Mark
This discussion has been closed.