Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    That is about $3,600 off MSRP, including options, if my math is correct. It would be a great deal for a 2007 around here but not for a "new" 2006 with our newspaper advertised price 7k off.

MSRP $33,409
    Dealer Discount $5,500
    Sale Price $29,909
    Factory Rebate $1,500
    Net Cost $28,409

It does appear with a $33,409 MSRP that, however, they must have slightly different options than your prospective wheels.

"Deals" are interesting because they often depend on what area you live in. With some areas offering much better deals than others it seems.
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    What part of the country are you in with the $7,000 off deals?

Thanks.
    I am out West in CA.
  • tomdtomd Member Posts: 87
    2007 Highlander Limited V6

Value Package 7: Leather, moonroof, JBL premium 6-CD In Dash

Heated seats

Tow Prep pkg

carpet/cargo mat set

MSRP: $36,154 ( $34,614 with extra value package discount )

My cost before tax and fees: $31,800
    Sounds good to me for a 2007. I suspect that I would have to get a 2006 to do much better. I will have to keep that in mind when I close my deal on my 2007 in 3 months or so.

Probably the only thing I would go for different is no tow package and a different color.
  • rsriram22rsriram22 Member Posts: 2
    I got 06 highlander v6 fwd w/3rd row in louisville,ky for $310 BELOW invoice.(invoice includes TDA,Gas,Holdback,Whsl Fin reserve).

On the purchase order there were two items that were hard printed.(not computer print). They were special benefits package (for about 598) and documentation fee(another 100 bucks)

Wanted to know if it is the case with all dealers or is it something particular in KY ? (Other dealers in KY also seem to have similar numbers)
  • xchenxchen Member Posts: 3
    just purchased a 07 highlander 4x2 3row OTD 24200. (After 1000 rebate)
    It has Extra Value Package #2 and Tow Prep Package.

Do you guys think it is a good price?
    How much below MSRP was that, sriram22?
  • jane16jane16 Member Posts: 1
    It's a good deal. Which city you got the deal?
  • hanhtranhanhtran Member Posts: 11
    4 or 6 cylinder? And from where?
  • gspkrgspkr Member Posts: 1
    Looked at and test drove '07 Highlander Hybrid Limited 4X4
    Leather ... Nav .... 'roof ... JBL .... no 3-rd seat
    Sticker is a bit north of $41k. Dealer hang-tag showed $38,7.
    How much more can I aim for?
    Dealer is in MD, 90 minutes from DC/BAL.
  • autiger2autiger2 Member Posts: 2
    2007 Highlander V6 (No third row seat)
    +
    Apperance Package # 5
    Urethane Steering Wheel w/Audio Controls-NEAT
    8-Way Power Driver/4-Way Manual Pass-PEAT
    JBL Premium AM/FM/Cass/CD w/ 8-DJAT
    Daytime Running Lights-RLAT

Purchased in Atlanta, GA in the first week of
    December 07 for $24,200 (includes $1000 rebate) + tax,tag and title for a drive out price of $24,750.
  • terigarntoterigarnto Member Posts: 2
    What dealer? I have received offers from dealers in Macon and Warner Robbins. The best offer I have now with a similar model is $26,120 before rebate.
  • autiger2autiger2 Member Posts: 2
    24,200 (with $1000 rebate) + tax, tag and title at "World Toyota" - Sandy springs toyota was ready to match them.
  • sebemismnusasebemismnusa Member Posts: 23
    In the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, I purchased a used 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2WD (only front wheel drive) for $28,700. It has 22,000 miles. The only option is the 3rd row seat. Carfax reported this vehicle had one commercial owner; this vehicle was registered in North Carolina for one year one month. The dealer bought this vehicle at an auction.

All new 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrids (2wd or 4wd) in this area have the extra value package # 1. Prices for new 2007 Toyota Highlanders are around $31,900 to $32,500 with only this option package.

Dealer experience was normal with some price negotiation on both new and used Highlander Hybrids.

End
  • desalisdesalis Member Posts: 1
    OTD quote of $31,586 seems high for '06 Highlander. Quote includes $5000 trade-in price for my '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, leather seats, moonroof, upgraded sound system, tinted windows, underbody paint, tow prep, side curtain bags, etc. MSRP is $35,358. Tucson, AZ dealer
  • michelleincomichelleinco Member Posts: 1
    Help! I had a 'chick moment' - and after months of researching, and learning how to buy a car on my own - I completely did what I WASN'T supposed to do and bought a car the first time I drove it! Ugh.

Long story - in essence, I researched a car on autotrader.com, edmunds.com, and the dealer's actual website. Based on the price - and what I thought were the options - I thought the car was a good deal.

Longer story - I bought the car. It doesn't have the same options as all the web pages had listed. I went back to the dealer - and was faced with a nightmare-ish experience. Don't ask.

Bottom line - I bought a used 2006 Highlander 4x4 V6 with 9,212 miles on it. It is a base model with the accessories package. I got it for $26,350 - not including the $3,000 trade on my 1996 Honda Accord. I will say - I got more for the trade-in, based on what I know needs to be done to the car. So, with my trade, I got the car for $23,350 (not including T&L). Also, 0% financing for 60 months.

What do you all think? I am stressing myself out more than I probably need to be, as I have looked online an noticed many similar cars are advertised for more...

Happy Holidays to all...
  • jso1jso1 Member Posts: 2
    Highlander 4x4 4wd, V6 with 3rd row, with this added options
    PE - worth 328 dealer price
    Value Package 6 -worth 914 dealer price
    Tow Prep - worth 128 dealer price
    Cargo Mat Set - worth 126 dealer price

Price offered is $27,723 which includes all other fees except for taxes and DMV fees.

I am from the Bay Area in California.
    Thanks so much for your help
  • car2000car2000 Member Posts: 3
    Is it 4WD?
    What does Apperance Package #5 include? Is it standard Highlander Apperance Package?
    I am in MA, the dealer doesn't have the package/options you had.

They have 2007 V6 4x4 (no 3rd row)
    +
    EH - Cold weather package
    RL - Daytime Running Lights
    VP - Value package (I beleive it's VP #5)
    CF - Carpet Floor/Cargo Mat Set

It's around $25,000 before tax. I cannot believe the 2007 car doesn't have mp3 as standard.
  • jso1jso1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes it is a 4WD. regarding the package, it is not exactly the same.. but close. I got the info about the packages from the Toyota website. Your 25K is a very good deal. I wonder if there are other considerations for being in California, like emmissions and all.

Package 5 seems to be for no third row seats and package 6 is the same essentially but for third row. I got this info from: http://www.toyota.com/highlander/options.html

Highlander V6 2nd Row Package:
    Extra Value Package #5 -- includes color-keyed front and rear mudguards, color-keyed rear spoiler, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, privacy glass on rear side, quarter and tailgate windows, fog lamps, 16-in. 6-spoke aluminum alloy wheels with high-gloss finish with P225/70R16 tires and full-size spare tire on aluminum alloy wheel, engine immobilizer, illuminated vanity mirrors and HomeLink® [2] universal transceiver
    Highlander V6 3rd Row Package:
    Extra Value Package #6 -- includes color-keyed front and rear mudguards, color-keyed rear spoiler, power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade, fog lamps, 16-in. 6-spoke aluminum alloy wheels with high-gloss finish with P225/70R16 tires and full-size spare tire on aluminum alloy wheel, engine immobilizer, illuminated vanity mirrors and HomeLink® [2] universal transceiver.
  • nleedernleeder Member Posts: 9
    Ready to buy but paralized by 2nd guessing this process! COSTCO deal is $1000 over dealer invoice - Looking for a 2007 Limited with Navagation. In Northern Virginia so LOTS of competition to use for leveraging - anybody have thoughts or recommendations ? Thanks
  • richardjmartinrichardjmartin Member Posts: 7
    Talk to the Internet Sales department at Miller Toyota in Manassas. We got a 2007 Limited AWD with all options (leather, value package, towing, heated seats, 3rd row, etc..) *except* Nav for $31,500 OTD. Koons in Tysons was about the same price also. Other dealers in the area seemed quite a bit higher.
    I am looking for V6 4x4 too. But don't want 3rd row. I am not in CA area. Based on my experience, I would push it to at least $26,500 for the options they offered. I don't think for a new car there is a big difference nation wide.
  • my001my001 Member Posts: 17
    I live in Oregon but bought a 4WD V6 Highland from a deal in WA. They said they will send me the MCO and other documents for me to register in OR once my check has been cleared. They have not do so 3 weeks after my check being cleared. Got an e-mail saying that MCO has been sent but not true again. I have called Toyota customer help, and waiting for responses. Anyone has same experiences and what should I do next? Oregon allows 2 trip permit only, if I could not get the vehlcle registered, I won't be able to drive after 42 days.
  • terigarntoterigarnto Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2007 V6 Highlander:
    Value Package #5
    Power Drivers Seat
    Tow Prep Package
    Daytime Running Lights
    Got the 3.9% financing.
    After a lot of online negotiating with several dealers, went with a local dealer who offered $25,500. Received one lower offer but that dealer wouldn't get the car I wanted without a deposit.
  • az22az22 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a pretty similar car today in NH, although mine has 4WD and, much to my chagrin, doesn't have the power driver seat. 2007 V6, 4X4 (no 3rd row) with cold weather package, daytime running lights, value package #5 and carpet floor/cargo mat set for $25,300 (no tax, because it's NH). I'm hoping to hell it was a good deal! I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse.
    If you bought the car or knew it already, ignore it.
    Based on the information in this forum and the internet quote I got, last night I came out a price formula for 2007 Highlander V6 base model.

1. go to costco auto web page, http://www.costcoauto.com, build your car. Make sure your dealer has the package/option you choose.

2. get the total invoice price, then minus $1000. Where does the $1000 come from? I guess that's from the Cash incentive. You can find this number by click "Customer Information".

If you get the price around this number, it's a good deal. And it should not be very difficult. You may get it through email or phone call without any negotiation. If you want a very good deal, you have to work harder.
    It might apply to sport and limited also. I guess you can take more discount on the higher end.

Enjoy your new highlander
  • sebemismnusasebemismnusa Member Posts: 23
    At msg # 2352, I posted the purchased of an used 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 22k miles, $28,700 by sebemismnusa Dec 20, 2006 (10:51 am)

I purchased a Toyota extended warranty this vehicle at Toyota of Greenfield in Greenfield, Massachusetts.
    Price - $690 for a 75,000 mile, 7 year warranty
    I was also offered a 100,000 mile, 7 warranty for $990.

This was a much lower price than what I was offered at the Toyota dealer that sold me this fine vehicle. :)

I cannot post additional information here. In the thank you letter, Toyota of Greenfield, Massachusetts wrote ". . and please pass the word along if you know anyone else that has a Toyota, Lexus, or Scion that may be interested. If you heard of me through an internet group, it would be great if you could leave some feedback there. I am able to offer these plans at the prices that I am by doing a volume business . . ."

This is a Toyota warranty - by Toyota.

End
  • deweygdeweyg Member Posts: 3
    Salesman showed me a print out of dealer costs for a 07 V6 Highlander. Dealer costs for options match what Edmunds and Consumer Reports lists. the print out alsolisted 2 different advertising fees, a dealer finance charge, and two hold backs as cost to the dealer. Offered to sell at 2% over the total invoice amount. Are the advertising fees, etc. legitimate costs to the dealer that I should pay or are they just added to inflate what is supposedly the dealer cost?
  • jgoustonjgouston Member Posts: 3
    I am in Bay Area of CA. Just brought a 2007 2x4 limited plus options:

Heated Front Seats,
    Tow Prep Package,
    Value Package 7,
    Carpet/Cargo Mat Set,

Total (pretax, pretag, etc fee): $28500.

I had a 2000 Lexus RX300 which was totaled.

Besides memory seats, I found this Highlander is better than RX300 with much less money.
    It does sound like you got a real good deal. If I may be so bold what was the MSRP on your Highlander?
  • jgoustonjgouston Member Posts: 3
    $34754-$1540(Extra Value Package MSRP Discount)=$33214
  • dancermomdancermom Member Posts: 1
    Watch the dealer fee for tag and title at Miller Toyota in Manassas. They wanted to charge me $269 when Fitzgerald auto only charged $99 and let me opt out of that to do it myself. I should have let them do it though.
    It sounds like a very good deal to me. With you getting nearly 5K off MSRP on a 2007 if my math serves me correctly.
    I have seen people do that on 06s but nearly 5K off on an 07 is excellent. Let's hope that I can do that good when I pick up my 07 in a couple months.
  • deweygdeweyg Member Posts: 3
    V6 2x2 with the following options for $27,995(excl tags/title/taxes:
    value pack 5
    6 disk CD
    leather
    heated seats
    power driver
    running lights
    extra mile option A
    upgraded mirror
    extended life tires :confuse:
    I see that the Factory Rebate has gone to $1,500 from 1K today on the 07 Highlander. Don't suppose that there is any connection to this higher rebate and the unveiling of the 08 Highlander in Chicago on the 7th do you?
  • jc7098jc7098 Member Posts: 17
    Just an FYI. I was at Toyota of Orlando yesterday and they had many 2007 Highlanders, 4 cyl, no 3rd row seat, with Value Package One, for just $21,995. Seems to be the cheapest price on this forum that I've seen. MSRP on those cars was over $27,000. We're probably going to go back this morning and grab one. Dealer won't come off that price though which put me off initially.
    The Dealers around here, CA, are also dumping the 07, 4 cylinders for around 5K off MSRP. Anytime you can get 5K off MSRP that is generally about as good as you are going to do.

Looking for a "6" myself but they are only offering $1,500 off MSRP. Although I'll bet that I could get them to up the anty. However, I am not quite ready yet.
  • aerosnowaerosnow Member Posts: 13
    Anyone interested. Queensboro Toyota Dealer is selling the 2007 Limited for 30K.

I am still contemplating the purchase, but 30K is as low as I have seen it.
    At Miller Toyota outside of the Washington DC area, I paid 33,300 OUT THE DOOR for a 2007 Limited with everything including Navigation and that was Jan 7 which only had a 500 rebate......you should be able to get one for 32,300 out the door.
  • philipleephiliplee Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 07 Highlander Base V6 AWD Silver with:

EH - heated power outside mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer grid
    VQ - value package #6 alloy wheels (including alloy spare),
    moon roof, rear spoiler, homelink remote, fog lamps, mudguards, etc.
    BE - Side Airbags
    CF - Cargo mats
    CQ - Remote locks, illuminated entry
    DL - Daytime Running lights
    DR - Roof Rack
    GN - Cargo Net
    PE - Power Seat (driver)
    SK - Center console

MSRP 32254 include destination fee and 485 advertisement fee

- 1050 (package discount)
    - 1000 (toyota rebate)

dealer list Price: 30204

paid : 26400 plus TTL

Dealership: Oakbrook Toyota, Westmont, IL (west Chicago)

philip
  • aerosnowaerosnow Member Posts: 13
    Out the door, does that mean including taxes and DMV fees?
    We are away from home right now so I can't check my paperwork but 99% sure because we only discussed out the door so I am positive it was. One thing I might have pushed a bit harder on was the dealer prep...theirs was $300 and others (Koons I think) is $99. When you are talking out the door - it is all in the same pot though so perhaps just another card in the deck. I had found an earlier posting about a 2007 Limited in this blog for $31500 w/out Navigation which was our starting point with the Salesman that works with internet sales. I found Miller Toyota in Manassas to be as fair as any and their followup has been excellent. The other dealership that we would consider is Koons Toyota in Tysons.
    Good Luck !
  • philipleephiliplee Member Posts: 3
    I paid cash for my Highlander. I do not know whether you can combine cash rebate($1000) with dealer financing.

Yes, the rear side and back windows are tinted.

Philip
  • scottcascottca Member Posts: 12
    If you buy a Toyota from a dealer, can you buy the waranty from another Toyota dealer? Does it apply if you purchase a waranty from another state? Thanks for the info.
  • desertfox1desertfox1 Member Posts: 80
    You can buy a Toyota warranty from any dealer in any state and it is good anywhere. Google online. I did this, and then used the price as bargaining power when I bought mine. :)
  • johnkountzjohnkountz Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2007 Limited from Michaels Toyota in Bellevue WA

2007 Toyota Highlander 4ED V6 Limited
    Extra Value package #7
    Heated driver and front passenger seats
    Limited Package
    Towing Prep Package

$32K

Also got a very fair trade
  • lawnmowerlawnmower Member Posts: 35
    2007 Highlander AWD V6 MSRP 27,340. Add Extra Value package 1,175 and PE-8 way drivers seat 410.00. Total MSRP 29,570. Invoice 26,362. What do you think the lowest over invoice is good? Would 25,400 before TTL and doc fee be a good price.That includes the 1,250 rebate in my area(NJ). Please give input. Thanks.
    That sounds like a good price. However, I must be kind of dense, what is "4ED"?
    Perhaps I misunderstand your post. You note invoice is $26,362 and your price is $25,400. And then you ask what is the lowest price over invoice? Aren't you already below invoice?

Also keep in mind that "invoice' is not Dealer's cost. The "invoice" still includes fund that are paid to the Dealer by the manufacturer and even the Dealer's Prep Fee that they try to indicate is not negotiable, is.