Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• shyboyshyboy Member Posts: 36
    @tl_s

your email is private, not sure how to contact you, but I am interested, my email is "shy boy@gmail .com" ofcourse remove spaces...
  • edkakedkak Member Posts: 6
    What is a fair price for a 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited with Extra Package #8(Navigation System), Rear Park Assist.(PP), Overhead DVD Entertainmet System(EN), Color-Keyed Running Boards(R2), Remote Engine Start(RT), Premium Carpet Mat Set(CT), Window Tint(WT), I am in Gulf States area
  • ruthenium101ruthenium101 Member Posts: 3
    Replying to: ironjeff (Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm)

signed papers for 2010 HL:

Limited FWD
    silver metallic
    QH (package #7), PB (power back door)

for $33,600 before TTL.

Not a great deal, but I took it.

Replies to this message:
    steven1357 (Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm)
    ruthenium101 (Oct 06, 2009 4:15 pm)
    saleman99 (Oct 07, 2009 8:30 am) and 4 more...

Picked it up on Saturday. Very satisfied!
  • carfan29carfan29 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a New Highlander.
    What kind of group deal are you thinking on doing?
    Let me know
  • fabeakafabeaka Member Posts: 1
    Hope this helps Highlander seekers out there.
    Purchased ZIP code 07652 on 11/7/09
    2010 Toyota Highlander Base V6 AWD
    MSRP: $31,100
    Base Price: $28,300
    Total Price (incl. tax, tags, fees) $30,900
  • lostinmazelostinmaze Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know a good Toyota Dealership in 11374 (NYC region) that has 2010 Toyota Highlander.

Pluse..how much should at 2010 Highlander Limited 4WD with Navi cost?
  • suv_for_mesuv_for_me Member Posts: 8
    Good forum. I have more of a general question. Planning to buy HL in couple of weeks. Before that I would like to get rough idea on what is the best deal for HL. How much are these 2010 HLs going for? If we bargain it to the invoice, would it be a good deal. Another question is, different sites show different prices for invoice. How to know the accurate price for the invoice. Can we trust the dealer shown invoice price on the vehicle?
  • steven1357steven1357 Member Posts: 69
    Invoice the dealer shows you is a "jacked up" invoice.

You can find out the "true" cost to the dealer of any vehicle either here on this website (free), in Consumer Reports.org (for a price), or on numerous other websites (also free).

I would first go to Toyota.com & spec out the vehicle you want. That way, you can get an idea of the options & packages available & the Total MSRP (sticker price) of the exact vehicle you want. Then, I would go to one of the websites to determine the dealer's cost for the exact vehicle you want.

GOOD LUCK !
    Ok, for LTD model w. extra package option 7, KBB and edmunds show few bucks +/- 32K. So considering 2010 is out just about a month is this a good bargain price?
  • roandbobroandbob Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I've received a quote of $34,853 for the '10 limited with the extra value package #7. I'm also asking for the Power back door ($400.00) and the Tow package which you have to get ($220.00). This car also has floor mats ($200.00), which seem to be included in them all. I arrived at a dealer invoice price of $33,196. The price I'm being charged is about 5% over the dealer invoice. I thought this was a good price. Can I get it cheaper?

Ro
    Today I have a received a quote from local dealer. For the 2010 LTD w/ Blizzard Pearl, Package #7, Tint, Window guards for 34K. It doesn't include power rear but that price includes floormats and crossbars.
    Hi,
    Is your car an AWD car? If so, do you live in the Northeast? I'm having a hard time getting a quote below the $34,853 I mentioned. Actually, I'm having a hard time even locating Limited vehicles with the options I want.
    No this is only FWD. Your quote makes sense if it is AWD. I live in south west. Mine is also a preorder. Not that many vehicles are available with the options and color I was looking for.

If your price 34853 includes AWD, that means I should atleast be expecting 1500 less for the FWD w/ the same options. Right?
    You should be about $1,300 less according to the invoice price on Edmunds.
  • epfrankyiepfrankyi Member Posts: 5
    hi,everyone,
    i am in nj. today i got a "final" quote for 2010 highlander v6 4x4 base, $28640 OTD. is this good price? or can i do better? many thanks. happy thanksgiving!!!!
    You should be able to get it for about 5%+(-) over invoice. I don't know what your invoice price is, but look it up on Edmunds or consumer reports and calculate it. I live in upstate NY and have found that the Toyota dealers are willing to negotiate in the NY, NJ, PA area.
    Does anyone know if the Highlander Navigator option is worth it. I have a navigator (my teenager LOL), actually a handy Garmin, but my dealer called and told me he can't get my Highlander. He'll give me a Limited with the Navigator at cost. This leads to a price of 3.5% over invoice which is good, if you need a Navigator. Thanks for any help.
    I am being offered the same. I was looking for limited with Package#7. It is hard to find that. But I found couple of vehicles with Package#8. After a lengthy negotiation, I am being offered $35200+TTL. Other options it had was floor mats, cross bars, rear spoiler, mud guards, spl color.
    ok, finally took the plunge yesterday. Bought the HL Limited w/ these options:

FWD, rear spoiler, crossbars, Tint, Mudguards, Package#8, Blizzard Pearl

Price was 35200 + TTL. Just around the invoice price.
  • shinedonshinedon Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I live in North california, I want to buy "2009 Highlander V6 base". But I have no idea about the current "OTD" price, could you someone give me some hints? Thanks
  • flo02flo02 Member Posts: 5
    Drove away yesterday with HL Limited Cypress Pearl, package #7, power read door, premium carpet, vehicle shield package for 33,200 + TTL. (36342.50 OTD - 8.75% tax). It is nice!

The only thing is that I had asked for the overhead DVD but it didn't come with it. Should I get one myself or go back to the dealer to install it? Any feedback appreciated. Thank you!
  • zavnetzavnet Member Posts: 10
    Flo02,

What state are you in? The best offer I have on the same model/options is $34,495. I am in New York.

Thanks,
    I am in Louisiana. Had to go back and forth between 2 dealers and be patient to get the price to go down. I never called them first, I waited for them to call me after 2 days each time usually.
  • nc2010nc2010 Member Posts: 2
    When everyone refers to the invoice price in this forum are they including the destination charge with this invoice price?

Also, I've received a few quotes that have an Admin Fee of $925 included to compute the invoice total, but there is no Admin Fee included in the MSRP column. What exactly is this fee?....they are already adding an additional documentation fee of $499 added to the final sale price.
  • nedmundnedmund Member Posts: 4
    Admin fees and doc fees are dealer profit. They aren't real fees. In the South where Toyotas are wholesaled through distrubutors, you may have a dist fee. Also, sometimes there is an advertising pool fee but Edmunds does not consider the advertising or distribution fee as these vary by market.
    I'm not positive about this, but I think the person in Louisiana is getting a FWD, whereas you're probably getting a AWD. I live in NY also, and the best price I've been quoted for that car is $34,853. Would you mind giving me your dealership's name? I might be able to negotiate mine down a little. I'm getting mine from Hoselton in Rochester, NY, but they advertise that they'll match any other dealer's price.
    You're right. Mine is a FWD.
  • robroy7robroy7 Member Posts: 2
    I am negotiating the purchase of 2010 highlander limited pckg. 7 today. Worked with two dealerships (1) Arkansas 35,400 and (1) MS. 34,550. Both vehicles basically the same, one gray, one silver. Haven't countered their offers yet, but not as good as your deal.
    Is yours 2010? Where in LA?

Don't understand why 09 are so close in price?? at this time in year.
  • robroy7robroy7 Member Posts: 2
    Total you paid was 36,342.50? That did not include tax?
  • zavnetzavnet Member Posts: 10
    Yes, I was pricing AWD. The dealer that gave me $34,495 is DCH Wappinger’s Falls Toyota. Their original offer was much higher (at least by $1,500) but then they wound up agreeing to match the Costco price I got through another dealership in Long Island, NY.
    Yes 2010 model in New Orleans metro area. You can differentiate '10 from '09 by looking at them from the back. The "Toyota" brand and "V6" are not on there for '10, all there is the Toyota symbol and Highlander in the middle.
    Yes, 33,200 before tax, title, license & 36,342 total out of the door taxes included.
  • dislabdislab Member Posts: 10
    V6 FWD. I asked some dealers, and most quote above invoice by $1000. The best I got is $29260 OTD. What should be the target OTD price? Is $28000 reasonable? Thanks!
  • dislabdislab Member Posts: 10
    $28640 seems a great deal to me. I am looking for V6 FWD, and the best I got so far (by email only) is $29260. Which dealership did you get the quote from? email: dislab@gmail.com
  • steven1357steven1357 Member Posts: 69
    I am in Lafayette, LA (about 2 hours away from New Orleans).
    I am looking for exactly what you purchased - except in Blizzard Pearl.
    Actually, I would rather NOT have the Pkg 7, power rear door, nor the vehicle shield package - - but something like that just doesn't seem to ever be on the dealers' lots (at least not in the Gulf States Distributor region).

Could you please give me the name of the New Orleans dealer you purchased from?
    Also, the name of the person you dealt with would also be appreciated? Was this person the Internet Manager?
    Did you deal online, in person, on telephone, or a combination?
  • bball9bball9 Member Posts: 2
    How do u get a Costco price, I am a member but do not see anything on their website? Also, which Long Island dealership gave you the better price? Thanks
  • nc2010nc2010 Member Posts: 2
    Live in NC (3% sales tax). Options include Package #7, Rear Spoiler, Power Rear Door, Towing Prep, Rear Bumper Protector, Carpet Mats, Cargo Net.

Felt I got a good deal...still above Factory Invoice according to Truecar.com

I'm interested to see what others in NC and the southeast are paying.
  • epfrankyiepfrankyi Member Posts: 5
    i recently got OTD(7%tax in nj) price quotes for 2010 HL base V6 AWD at $31600. 2010 HL V6 at $30000.
    are there prices good ?
    it seems toyota dealers don't have many HL in the stock because 2010 HL is just out.
  • mbclkmbclk Member Posts: 6
    Got a quote for 2010 HL 2wd Sport EVP #6, and other options. MSRP $37,175.
    OTD for $37,990 (socal 8.75% tax). anyone got a better quote in socal area?
  • kweku1kweku1 Member Posts: 2
    I just paid 31010 for a highlander 4x4 with the moon roof, upgrade sound, cold weather package, extra value package 2, roof rack and mats. Title, taxes and everything included in the $31010. what do you think? Did i do good or not? In an in boston.
  • kweku1kweku1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was 32,500
    invoice was 29,400
    I got it for 28,800 (before taxes and the rest)
  • greg_simgreg_sim Member Posts: 2
    Settled down for a 2010 highlander limited 4 X 2 on thanksgiving day
    Includes:-FE,QI,P4,O7,NC,AU,RD
    package#8 with 10.2" Overhead DVD player

On Road Price = 38,000 USD

Thanks for the help I got form this site which helped a lot during negotiations
    I am from Houston,TX area!

What do you think of this deal???...Feel free to let me know!
  • greg_simgreg_sim Member Posts: 2
    Settled down for a 2010 highlander limited Edition 4 X 2 on thanksgiving day
    Color:-Waveline Pearl
    Includes:-FE,QI,P4,O7,NC,AU,RD
    package#8 with 10.2" Overhead DVD player

On Road Price = 38,000 USD

Thanks for the help I got form this site which helped a lot during negotiations
    I am from Houston,TX area!

What do you think of this deal???...Feel free to let me know!
  • nedmundnedmund Member Posts: 4
    You go to: http://www.costcoauto.com/default.aspx
    Long Island is Sunrise Toyota. You have to go through the web site to get an authorization code sent to them.. You can not get the costco pricing from them without this.
    I just wanted everyone to beware of unethical dealers. I went down to Philadelphia to get my highlander that I had a written (e-mailed) offer of $34,853 for. Four other dealers had agreed to match the price, but we felt that since we had dealt with this dealer first, we'd buy it from him. We had our checkbook, all our paperwork and when we sat down to write the check he asked for $350.00 more. He said that management felt they wouldn't be able to make a profit at the price they had originally offered us. Before he exploded this bomb over us, he showed us our soon to be new car, all glossy and clean. We were furious and walked out. This was on November 27th. I called the second dealer and the next day bought my car at that dealer, Gault Toyota in Binghamton, NY for the agreed upon $34,853. Stay away from Sloan Toyota in Glen Side, PA. They are unethical. I bought a '10 Highlander Ltd with Pkg #7. MSRP $38,040, purchase price $34,853.
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Sounds like your 1st salesman offered you the price without getting it approved from his/her superiors. You were right to walk !
  • agaviriaagaviria Member Posts: 2
    got a highlander 2010 base model with few extra options for $26000 and 0%/ 36 months , msrp was 27789 ,,,, believe this was a good deal ?
  • bball9bball9 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the link, got invoice price of 36400 includes the following: 2010 HL Limited 4x4 with EVP #8 + rear spoiler + tow package + 800 dest + 500 TDA + 700 dlr holdback + 350 financial reserve Anybody has thoughts on how good this deal is?
  • ken1496ken1496 Member Posts: 11
    MSRP: 46400
    Invoice: 42485
    Offer: 43985
    Its about 3.5% or 1500 abv inovice.

Is this a good deal??

What shoud I expect for the RV in CA for 12k/36mo?

Thanks!
  • edl3edl3 Member Posts: 2
    Spent all of BF following up emails to every Toyota dealer in the SF Bay Area. Ended up getting it for invoice @ $36,447 including EVP2, carpet mats, manual rear AC and cross bars. Had to walk away from several dealers who wouldn't go any lower so I feel pretty good about it considering I needed it immediately and the local inventory was very low. (They seemed to have lots of Limiteds though!)

BTW - Sadly Toyota of Marin is lost to me due to the fleet manager being a jerk and not only *not* going down less than $200 to make the sale but trying to guilt me into patronizing them since they're "such a great business in our community." (You know who you are!!) I ended up saving over $300 under his best price *and* getting the cross bars thrown in from another dealer half an hour away.