Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• espressooespressoo Member Posts: 20
    Do you mind sharing the actual price you paid before TTL? If it's $1,250 below Edmunds invoice that's unbelievable. Did you have a trade-in?
  • nacenace Member Posts: 45
    hi folks , anyone with knowledge of the new march incentive program, please advise. thank you
    It might vary by dealership but go to www.buyatoyota.com to find out the details.
  • dlplohdlploh Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2010
    I'd like to buy a 2010 Highlander Limited FWD Classic Silver w/ Ash Interior with EVP #8 package (w/ navi), and want the tow package and rear spoiler and floor mats (QI/TO/RF/CT). I'm not looking for any of the lusterizing/paint sealant/add ons I have seen some dealers list online. floor mats msrp is 399? they have always been thrown in on past purchases.

This will be my 6th car purchased over the phone or via internet.

I am in Houston, Texas. Parents have two avalons 2006 & 2007 - would I qualify for the 2year free incentive program that toyota is giving away (the release said household)?

What price should I stay firm at when I call dealers with my bid/price?
    Edmunds shows MSRP 37,840 and invoice 34,093.

I would put approx 10% down and finance through Toyota Motor Corp for 0% @ 60 months. Have Excellent credit score.

Thanks all,
    dlp :)
  • ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 66
    I purchased this vehicle in Pa. Also, this is an AWD Limited.
  • shumin1shumin1 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, Paul,

are you looking for 33,800+TTL for this deal?
  • sjl136sjl136 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP of $39,794, invoice of $36,262. We paid $34,996 - Limted V6 AWD Magnetic Gray, QI, RF, TO, CT, 3T

We did have a trade. I had it appraised by two dealers and my auto broker buddy ran the latest Manheim Auctions for reference as well so I felt we got an OK price on the trade.

Papers are signed, and I can't wait for the call to come to say the car is on the lot for pick-up.
  • eugeneyeugeney Member Posts: 4
    Hi all. I am going to trade in my light blue 2007 Limited V6 AWD (no nav.) in perfect condition with 30K on it for a new one also Limited V6 AWD with nav. What is the best way to negotiate trade-in? What should I be asking/getting for this used car in central NJ? Appreciate your advice and help.
    That's the best price I've seen for a Limited AWD if you got a fair trade-in value. Congrats!
  • dams2dams2 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a new 2010 Highlander AWD Limited with following options.

1)QI Package

2)Rear Spoiler with Sport look (RF)

3)Towing Package (TO)

4)Toyota Remote Starter

5)Cross Bars

6)CARPETED FLOOR, CARGO & 3RD ROW MAT SET

7)Chrome Exhaust Tip

8)11" dealer Installed DVD Entertainment system with 2 Wireless head Phones.

Also I got a extra floor mat with 3 Row from worth $200.

Price 37350 + IL Tax and registration.
  • wooohaaawooohaaa Member Posts: 33
    I am interested in the black leather 2010 HIghlander V6 but this only comes in current model with white exterior. The sport had an option of Black Leather with Black or Gray exterior. How do I find out if this color combination is still available anywhere? Looking for V6, NAV, Bluetooth, BackupCamera and black leather. Would like FWD. How do I search to see where the closest one is from me? I don't want to order because I want the current 0%. I'm in Ohio but willing to travel to get the car I want. Please help!
    $34,996 + TT&L for Limited AWD w/ nav/tow/spoiler/mats?

What part of the country? We are looking for that same car, silver, with or without AWD.

thanks,
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Member Posts: 33
    All,
    Thanks for all the useful information you have posted here. Below is the deal I was able to close today.
    Model: Toyota Highlander SE AWD Silver MSRP: 34,730
    Price: $30,513.46 PLUS, TAX, TAGS, AND $100 MD PROCESSING FEE.
    Paid 880$ for Bumper to Bumper extended warranty 5 year,60K. (I might cancel this)
    I drove all the way from NJ to MD. The dealer was surprisingly helpful and had the deal closed in 3hrs. Love the new car. :shades:
  • sjl136sjl136 Member Posts: 7
    I am in MA, suburbs of Boston.
  • synch22synch22 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2010
    We are about to commit on a 2010 highlander hybrid limited. Pearl White with Navigation, bluetooth and the Highlander extra value package, crossbars, theft system, cargo mats. Looks like we are $500 or so over invoice.

Decent? I Figure now is as good a time as any for this vehicle which we have had our eye on almost a year.

$43,800 before taxes.
    0% 60 months financing.
  • shumin1shumin1 Member Posts: 14
    do you have 0% financing with dealer?
    Yes 0% with the dealer and im pretty sure the 2 year maintenance since we have a lexus, he didnt confirm but took my registration.
  • duvaluduvalu Member Posts: 8
    cbusireddy,
    I'm trying to get a similar deal, where in MD did you get this price for the SE AWD $30,513.46, I'm also from NJ and I would not mind traveling to MD.

Thanks,
    duvalu
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Member Posts: 33
    I got it from Koons Annapolis Toyota. Go online request a quote. And when they respond with the wow price (i know it is funny) say that a guy from NJ bought from you at a similar price yesterday. Ask them to match it. PM me if you want the names because i think I am not supposed to share names here.
  • tl_stl_s Member Posts: 13
    hi synch22,
    curious as to how you end up with such a good deal on the 0% interest rate for the hybrid. i don't recall toyota has any promotion for the highlander hybrid at 0% for 60 months. its only for the gas version. what area are you in? if you don't mind.

thanks
    Located in the NW, and i am also using USAA car buying service. Not sure but costco may get fleet pricing as well. I am ready to confirm the purchase, just read some posts on hybrid braking issues so a slight doubt popped in my head.

Anyway figure its a good double whammy with invoice or close to it and 0%. If i dont pull the trigger now probablly never will.
  • tl_stl_s Member Posts: 13
    most of the country has better incentives than california. we get gouge with alot of things. you are right about getting the double whammy, if we only have 0% for 60 months with hybrids out here in the west, i'd put the trigger. thanks.
  • ohmygoshohmygosh Member Posts: 66
    I recently purchased a 2010 Highlander with the '2' year maintenance incentative. I was told that this includes road side maintenance and towing, but I never received an ID card to use in the event roadside assistance is needed. Can anyone tell me if Toyota intends to send this out ??
  • justchilljustchill Member Posts: 5
    Bought for 31K+TTL+0%.
    Can someone who bought recently describe me how the 2 year incentive works. I didn't get enough details as it was very late yesterday. I am qualified for it as I own 4runner.
  • rishi2rishi2 Member Posts: 1
    2010 Toyota Highlander 4X2 (FWD)
    Package #8
    Rear Seat DVD entertainment system
    Color Keyed Rear Spoiler
    V6 towing prep package
    = $35,650
    MSRP - $39,620

Is this lowest? or is there better out there? Comments please.
    that is pretty good since it includes the rear seat dvd. i went to carmax.com and typed in highlander and searched nationwide and they have brand new ones with zero miles with that configuration minus rear seat dvd for 34,500, so factoring in the 1,100 dollars for dvd entertainment, you have a good deal if you ask me.

I'm going to be buying either a 4x2 or 4x4 limited 2010 silver w/ ash interior at end of March in Texas w/ pkg8, rear spoiler, tow prep, and carpet mats, want to pay 34-35.5k depending on 4x2 or 4x4.

edited March 2010
    Closed tonight on the deal $43,750 Highlander Hybrid Limited Pearl white. 0% 60 months including 2 year free maintnance. Still thinking about the alarm and the 8 year warranty. I was quoted $500 for the alarm and $1700 for the 8 year warranty right now leaning to no. Forgot to get the auto dimming rear view, hopefully can add that by a call tmw, the truck is not yet here.
  • bwhawk20bwhawk20 Member Posts: 1
    Shawnee Mission, KS
    Bought a 2010 4x4 SE last night.
    Silver exterior with black leather interior.
    MSRP: 35,234
    Paid: $31,200 + TTL

Had been looking for an 08/09 used Highlander for months (liked the newer body style and particularly the interior style much better than the older model) and could not find right features/price. When the 0% hit, moved pretty quickly to the new 2010s.

For those still out looking, good luck. No groundbreaking advice here, but once you settle on the model you want and get a quote from a dealer, make a few phone calls to other dealers around town and ask if they can beat the price. It did not take much time and you can get a good idea where the dealers are willing to go on price. Saved me almost $1,000.
  • rayccraycc Member Posts: 28
    Who was your sale person? I'm in the kansas city area as well and are looking to buy a SE AWD.

Thanks
  • steel33steel33 Member Posts: 3
    I put down a deposit on a 2010 Highlander, Base, V6 with PE (power seat) and QB (roof rails, rear a/c etc); base price :$27,000; drive out ~$29,000.

Do you guys think this is a fair price? I was somewhat surprised that the dealers were unwilling to negotiate much, even with Toyota's rep taking a beating everyday. Any thoughts?
    Looks like MSRP 29415, INVOICE 26521, so you paid approx 480 over invoice.

If you went with the 0% for 60 months financing then you got a good deal. If you paid cash, then not a good deal. 29k would produce $3500-4500 in interest at 2.5% to 3.0% interest in a 5 year FDIC insured CD.
    edited March 2010
    I have an offer of 34,000 without the DVD RES. Where are you located?
  • mullahmullah Member Posts: 1
    We bought a Highlander Limited 2010 recently. It didn't have the built in GPS. The price we paid was $34k including a rebate of $750. It had all the features of Limited version along with an extra value package worth $2500.

I would like to know whether the price was right. We bought this at invoice price.
  • sunil_1818sunil_1818 Member Posts: 4
    That is a great offer with the navigation system for a 2010 AWD Limited Highlander. where are you located.
  • sunil_1818sunil_1818 Member Posts: 4
    That is a great offer. Where are you located?
    I don't think he was referring to the AWD version but instead the FWD. Limited AWD w/Nav (EVP8) is right around $35K. FWD version is $1K less. Unless a local dealership is offering some cash incentives that Toyota isn't, there's no way they would pay you $1K to purchase a Limited AWD w/Nav. Sales might be down but it's not that bad.
  • snowdaddyosnowdaddyo Member Posts: 53
    Can't seem to PM here in this forum. Any other way of contacting you?
  • bb222bb222 Member Posts: 4
    Is this a cash buy or 0% for (how many) months?
  • justchilljustchill Member Posts: 5
    You can get this for 31K+0%.
    I got this last weekend. I got this with carpet mats included.
    Correct. It is a 2wd limited nav evp8 for 33843. The awd is 36k with nav evp8 but also includes the Over priced xm radio for 500. Dealer will add RES for 1200 to any limited having evp8.

All of these have rear spoiler and mats.

Hope this helps. Best deals I've found are Maryland and Virginia areas.
  • 6sam66sam6 Member Posts: 8
    Where did you buy this from. I am in MO and got the best quote of 30900 for 2WD SE.
    I am in STL area, how is your purchase going?
    Hi,

If you respond with the sales person name or send email to happysam66gmailcom, that would be great.
    After months of reading and 2 weeks of negotiations, we finally picked up a Highlander with the following options.

2010 Highlander Limited AWD
    Blizzard Pearl/Beige
    Extra Value Package #8 (w/Nav)
    Sport-Styled Rear Spoiler
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    MSRP: $40,014
    Price Paid: $35,630 + TTL
    0% APR for 60 months

Car was purchased in MD. I spoke to countless dealerships around the MD/VA/DC area. Most wanted $36.2K-$37.9K for the same exact vehicle. Blizzard Pearl Limited with EVP8 are in high demand in this area so not many wanted to negotiate on price. The ones that were on the lot were either spoken for or sold within a week. I lucked out and contacted a dealership with a similar car on hand just with a different interior. I threw out $35.5K and they accepted within a 10 min phone conversation. Since they didn't have the beige interior, they did a dealership trade in PA and the car had one additional option so it bumped the price up a tad. I was a bit surprise their willingness since this was basically a no profit sales for them which had me nervous of a bait and switch. Turns out everything worked out smoothly and we got the exact vehicle we were looking for down to the VIN number. This Highlander has a JT VIN which was a plus since it wasn't affected by the recall.

Thanks to all the other people who shared their purchases. This allowed us to get a better idea of what's possible in terms of pricing so hopefully our experience will help someone else. :)
    looks like a solid deal is that below invoice? We went with Blizard Pearl with the Ash interior for our Highlander Hybrid Limited. Picking it up in a week or so.
    hi justchill,

Can you please respond asap. I contacted this dealer and they quoted 31399 for FWD not AWD. Can you please email me happysam66atgmail.com

Thanks
    I priced it out using Edmunds and that's right about invoice but Carpet/Cargo Mats weren't listed on Edmunds. On the sticker, it's an additional $275 (more likely $100) that I guess we got for free.

We went with beige since the interior for the non-Hybrid Limited comes with darker wood trim. Ash with the darker trim looks out of place. I do like the Hybrid lighter trim but that's not an option.
    I think its a good price.I bought my Highlander in early Jan 2010 before the recall very close to your quote.Details below.

Silver/Beige
    11" Delaer Installed Rear Entertainment with Wireless headphones .
    Toyota Remote Engine Starter.(Factory Installed)
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Price Paid: $37,150 + Title and Tax.

But unfortunately there was no 0% APR at that time.
    I think its a good price.I bought my Highlander in early Jan 2010 before the recall .Details below.

Silver/Beige
    11" Delaer Installed Rear Entertainment with Wireless headphones .
    Toyota Remote Engine Starter.
    Cross Bars
    Carpet/Cargo Mat
    V6 Towing Prep Package
    Chrome Exhaust Tip

Price Paid: $37,150 + Title and Tax.

But unfortunately there was no 0% APR at that time.
    Hi bwhawk20

Can you please respond by email happysam66atgmail.com. I am negotiating with the dealer in shawnee mission, KS.

Thanks