Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

196979899100102»

Comments

• ppkeappkea Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great price to me.
  • ericskirkericskirk Member Posts: 2
    Bought ours yesterday for $33,647 before taxes, etc.

Added options were 3M window tint, cross bars, mud guards, and premium carpet mat set (including cargo mat)

Got the price at or below Edmunds and Truecar, so pretty happy with it.

Purchased at All Star Toyota in Alexandria, LA. Salesman and finance guy were great to deal with, didn't push us on extended warranty or GAP, we told them we didn't want it, they said are you sure, we said yes, that was that.
  • ap2013ap2013 Member Posts: 3
    Folks, I need your help.

So far I have received $37800 OTD (With 8.75% Tax & Fees) for 2013 SE AWD with Navigation, Carpet Mats & Cross bar from one dealer in Northern California.

Do you think its a good deal? If not then what will be the best number I can offer to dealer.

Thanks
  • edmundeedmunde Member Posts: 1
    What's the best rate for awd se model
    . True car shows invoice rate 32500 no tax incl but dealer says it does not account for floor carpet etc so we cannot give that price
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The car at the dealer may not match the specs you got from Truecar. Make sure the options on the site match the options at the dealer. Watch out for dealer add-ons.
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Does anyone know when the 2014 Highlander will be in dealer stores?
  • brady314brady314 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    I bought this SE AWD w/Navigation and Carpet Mats for $32,000+ including destination fee. Spent $79.99 from the same dealer for mud guards. Very happy with the deal.
  • reddy124reddy124 Member Posts: 2
    can you post which dealer and msrp on the car..this seems great deal
    The msrp is 38165.00
    The dealer is Prime toyota route 2, Lancaster
    will send you more if you have e-mail.
  • srikpsrikp Member Posts: 7
    Hi Guys - this is my first lease experience and wanted your suggestion/opinion. I am trying to get a base highlander (4 cyl/FWD) but trying to add Leather and DVD Entertainment as add-on. The quote I have is $1999 cash down plus taxes/title/registration etc. The monthly payment is $338 for 36 months (12k miles per year).

Is this is a good deal?

The total comes to approx $4k OTD plus $338 monthly = $16168 over the 3 year period.

What should I consider when leasing?

Thanks y'all!
  • jagyossarianjagyossarian Member Posts: 13
    That's a crazy price for a base model Highlander. On Toyota's website, their standard lease deal for the base FWD model is $259/month for 36 months with $2199 due at signing. That's without tax so figure in another $15-$25 depending on where you live.

But I did not think that Toyota offered leather and DVD entertainment systems on their base model. For that don't you have to move up to their Limited model? In which case, that's gonna run you A LOT more than your base model.

You need to clarify the model/options of the vehicle, get the vehicle's selling price and MSRP, the money factor being offered, and the residual. That will allow folks here to better advise as to whether it's a good deal or not.
    The Toyota dealership in Grapevine TX seemed desperate so was willing to offer the DVD and Leather in a Highlander Plus but he did tag a $1000 along with the $1999 down to make it $3000. I guess that covered the cost of the DVD and Leather over 3 years.

Anyways, I ended up with buying an SE trim of the car. I am going to mention that in my next post.
    Guys - I initially thought I would lease but decided I should perhaps just buy and finally bought my Highlander SE today. Included in dealership installed options are:

1. Running Boards
    2. 3M window tint
    3. Cross bars
    4. Mud guards
    5. Premium carpet mat set (including cargo mat)

Also included is the Rear roof mounted DVD entertainment system. The color is Blizzard Pearl and the interior is Beige.

The MSRP sticker price was: $36,809

My out the door price is $34,900 (Sales Tax is 6.5%).

Expert opinion. Is this a good price?
    edited November 2013
    Is $34,809 the total price? Sounds like a good deal.
    Does it have leather and heated front seats? navigation and entune?
    DVD entertainment is an $1800 options. However, uou can buy genuine toyota parts and install mud guards and cross bars by yourself.
    edited November 2013
    The SE does not come with Nav by default.

It comes with Leather trim and heated driver and front row passenger seats. I do not know where I mentioned $34,809. I paid total $34,900 out of door and that includes factory OEM roof mounted DVD Rear entertainment system (this will be fitted on Tuesday).

Mud Guards and Cross bars were included in the price mentioned above.
  • jaked88jaked88 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I just got an AWD Base model lease at 3yr/15k for $350/month, no money down (they credited me 1800 though for trading in my xB lease there), including acquisition fees and taxes. Mud guards and floor mats included FWIW.
  • sefrnsefrn Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I know a deal is only a deal if you're happy with what you got. I'm comfortable with the payment but always have that buyer's remorse moment after where I feel like I could've done better. I just leased a 2013 Highlander SE AWD model with nav/Entunes/floormats as extras.

Sticker price $38,100
    $500 down
    $1300 credit for trade-in
    Money factor 0001
    Monthly payment is $450 for 36 months with 15k miles/year, added on $5/month excess wear and tear protection which comes out to $180 for 3 years.
    MA sales tax 6.25%
  • mujhid2mujhid2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2013 limited HT 3months ago msrp was 41200
    Got out of the door price 38500. Looked like a good deal.
    Everything is fine with the car except the fuel mileage
    I am getting 14mpgs in the city I use shell 93 from the day one.
    Anybody else having similar problems ??
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The Highlander is a pretty good sized suv and with the V6 city mpg will be bad. You are wasting your money on premium -- won't help the mpg and isn't needed for your engine. I really like the Highlander -- would love to have one -- maybe next time.
  • 89fj6289fj62 Member Posts: 20
    If you use 100% gasoline your mpg will go up a little, but it will cost more $$$ than it is worth. I used 100% gas in my Highlander hybrid, my mileage improved but wasn't cost effective.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I agree with jayrider 100%. My wife drives a 2011 4WD Pilot, different truck, same gas mileage results... V6, 4WD, Hefty Curb Weight, AC running constantly with Climate control on Auto, heavy foot, & "city" driving don't exactly translate into stellar fuel economy numbers. I think on an average week if she doesn't take the truck on the highway at all, she gets 15 mpg. You've also got to wait for your engine to break in before you start seeing anything close to EPA numbers.

The Highlander is a very nice vehicle though. I think its better looking than our Pilot. We looked at a Highlander before we bought our Pilot. After it was all said & done, size matters. Our Pilot is something like 12" longer than the Toyota.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kimteeth1kimteeth1 Member Posts: 1

I have no experiencing buying car but I bought my first 2013 Toyota Highlander LE Plus with 4WD, in Blizzard Pearl, with mud flaps
    MSRP: $35327
    ePrice: $30651
    They took off $395 because I refused to pay for Blizzard Pearl's extra fee.
    Negotiated to: 33,000.99 OTD
    We took the $2000 incentive with a $2300 trade-in credit
    Total:$28,7000
    This took 6 hours straight of dealing and I'm not sure if we came out on top. Any opinions?

• xenopowahxenopowah Member Posts: 3

I would say you did great. 31k OTD for a 2013 Highlander LE Plus 4WD. I got a 2014 LE Plus 4wd for 4k more!

• edwardinlaedwardinla Member Posts: 2

You got a good deal. Congratulations! Could you please share with us from where you got the $2000 incentive?

@kimteeth1 said:
    I have no experiencing buying car but I bought my first 2013 Toyota Highlander LE Plus with 4WD, in Blizzard Pearl, with mud flaps
    This took 6 hours straight of dealing and I'm not sure if we came out on top. Any opinions?

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

What do you mean by ePrice?

@kimteeth1 said:

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

I'm seeing in the paper today at Gilroy Honda (San Jose, ca) $6,488 off all their 2013 Highlander's. they've got 7 in stock. Since I have a relatively old SUV from 2004, I can't see paying the price they're asking for the newer 2014 models. It's just too tempting to upgrade my ride at the blow out prices for the 2013 TH. I test drove the 2014 - think it's an impressive car, but the 2013 Highlander is such an upgrade from my 2004 pilot. Other dealers closer to home are offer $5,000 off MSRP, but I'm guessing they'd match the Gilroy offer if they really want to unload their 2013 inventory. What do you think? I just don't see the 2014 offering much with discounts in the near future.

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

Alright people...I finally got my 2013 Highlander base model for, what I feel, was a steal! I was able to lease it for $0 down and $264/month for 24 months with a $350 disposition fee due at the end of the lease. I calculated backwards and think the sale price worked out to be $24,550 on the a MSRP of $30,025. This is the absolute best deal I could find on the car and bought it from a dealer 1.5 hrs. outside of Houston since the "city" dealers didn't want to negotiate much because they are in a high demand area. The dealer was nice enough to deliver the car to me and told me that they do this often since they sell mostly over the internet. The best offer I go in Houston was $364/month for the same car. I suggest that everyone should get the best quote from their nearest dealer and then call up dealers outside major cities as they are willing to work on smaller margins. Don't believe a word of what these dealers tell you. Things like "I'll be losing money if I sell below this price", "I'm down to my nubs on this price, Can't go lower". It's all BS. I beat the "down to my nubs price" by $2400!!!