Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX (All years/types)

Comments

• revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    "I've noticed that non-S types tend to sell for 18-20K around here, apparently based on KBB which is 20ish."

A couple things to note:

Edmunds' TMV 2002 RSX pricing is used vehicle pricing; also, it's based on the average (regional) cost of vehicles sold over a given period of time.

Pricing will vary from city to city depending on availability and local market demand. Learn more about TMV here.

As for KBB pricing, you may want to read this article on how they determine their pricing.

Are you in the market for a used 2002 RSX? Perhaps try looking a little further out... for a better price. Also, you may want to let people here know what area you're in, so they can offer feedback on the pricing they've seen.... Good luck.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Wagons Boards
  • cxw267cxw267 Member Posts: 2
    in the market for my first new car, and have been seriously considering the auto RSX. Got to test drive one this weekend, and loved it! About the only thing I keep in my current '93 camry that takes up space is a golf bag during the summer. Any chance in that fitting in the trunk without putting one of the seats down and having it half in the back seat? I'm having a hard time remembering the relative trunk size. Rarely carry any more than one person, so the small size is otherwise not an issue.
  • kestrel02kestrel02 Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the reply Revka. I'm sort of looking around at the moment, and though I don't think the prices on the new 2003s are too bad, I figured I'd check on the 2002s. It just threw me because normally the used car TMVs are not so different from the prices people are charging. I found that both dealers and private sales (in the 8-10 listings I checked) were consistently charging 4-5K higher than TMV. This is here in the Raleigh, NC area. Obviously I have to deal with the prices I can reasonably get in my area, it could be that, for me, the used car TMVs will not be as useful as the new car ones are.
  • vickatvickat Member Posts: 43
    Hi everyone,
    I'm about to buy a base RSX, but a few questions still lingering:
    1. I live in NY upsate, plenty of snow, sleet, ice. How does RSX in the snow, being nose-heavy, with wide stock tires?
    2. Problems with 2nd gear are related to 5sp or 6sp exclusively?
    3. How well automanual tranny works?

many thanks - Victor
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    About the only thing I keep in my current '93 camry that takes up space is a golf bag during the summer. Any chance in that fitting in the trunk without putting one of the seats down and having it half in the back seat? I'm having a hard time remembering the relative trunk size. Rarely carry any more than one person, so the small size is otherwise not an issue.

I have yet to try transporting my golf bag in the back of my RSX, but I don't think it will fit without dropping one of the seats.

However, just in case you're wondering, a mountain bike does fit in the hatch with both seats down.
    :-)
    1. I live in NY upsate, plenty of snow, sleet, ice. How does RSX in the snow, being nose-heavy, with wide stock tires?

The stock tires are not that good for snow travel. If I were you, I would do what most people should do in the winter, and that is invest in a good set of snow tires...perhaps some Nokkian Hakka's. Then you won't have a problem.

The problems with the second gear is only with the manuals. In fact, I have heard conflicting reports about the problem just being a matter of letting the car(tranny) warm up properly before attempting fast shifts.
    (Not sure what the true story is though)

My auto tranny has worked flawlessly.(currently at 38,000 +) In cold weather....or when the car is not warmed up, it shifts slowly, but that is to be expected. I use the sport shift option quite frequently also...about 70% of the time. I also don't normally take it up to the redline either, and usually shift around 5,000 rpms depending on my mood.
  • sgrd0qsgrd0q Member Posts: 398

1. The stock tires are not that great on snow. Otherwise there's nothing inherently wrong with the car.

2. Yes.

3. Don't know (I have the manual S type).
  • tnjrobi1tnjrobi1 Member Posts: 41
    I just bought my new 2003 RSX-S Saturday. It's black on black.

It had 47 miles on it before my test drive. I ended up paying full sticker (23,770.00) for the vehicle, but they gave me 1,000 more for my trade than what it was worth (according to www.kbb.com.) (So I guess you could say I got the new RSX-S at 1,000 off sticker.)

It's a great car. I have no complaints, but I wish the fog lights would have come standard. (I'll probably go back after a couple of months and have them installed.)

I do have a few questions about the break-in period.

1. Is 600 miles long enough for the break-in?

2. What is the max RPM I should take it to during break-in?

3. What are any other tips for the break-in period?
    First off, congratulations on your new car. Even though mine is only an auto, It is a blast to drive. I have 38,000 extremely happy miles logged.

I do have a few questions about the break-in period.

1. Is 600 miles long enough for the break-in?

I've heard that 600 miles is a good number to use for your break in period.

2. What is the max RPM I should take it to during break-in?

You should try to keep your rpms down around 3000 for the first 600 miles to play it safe. After that, slowly work your way up the rpm band until your max. (perhaps a week of rpms reaching 4000, another week of 5000....and so on)I know it sounds hard to do, but the benefits will pay off in the long run.

3. What are any other tips for the break-in period?

Don't change your oil too early. Some people say 3500 miles, some say 5000 miles. Some even say earlier and later than those numbers.
    From what I've heard, there is a special additive in the oil to help the break-in process...the sooner you take that out, the worse your engine will be. Of course, leaving it in too long will hurt your engine also because it won't be getting it's proper lubrication. I went by what the manual said and by what my dealer said and had it changed around 4000 miles. I figured that if something did go wrong, it would be their fault.
  • beowulf7beowulf7 Member Posts: 290
    vickat:
    The RSX isn't really that nose-heavy; it's only got a 2.0 four-cylinder engine! But the stock tires do suck, rain, shine, or snow. Just drive it easy during inclement weather.

nitromax:
    If you rarely have passenger in the rear seats, why are you hesitating folding one down to fit your golf bag?

tnjrobi1:
    Congrats on your car! You've got the newest RSX-S in this forum! My dealer also told me about the 600 mile break-in. To be safe, I extended that to 1,000 miles.

More important that not revving the engine too hard is to vary your speed: do not use cruise control. You can probably go to 4 krpm even now w/o causing any long term damage. Also, the manual says to change the oil every 5 to 10 thousand miles, so no need to change it any sooner!
    If you rarely have passenger in the rear seats, why are you hesitating folding one down to fit your golf bag?

I'm not. I have no problem dropping a seat for whatever I need to carry. I was just trying to answer cxw267's question on whether the seat needed to come down for carrying golf bags. My guess was that they would like to be able to keep the golf bags back there and out of view from people outside the car.
    One way around that though is to get the windows tinted.
  • bobstbobst Member Posts: 1,776
    No decent human being would leave his golf clubs in the car when he is not driving. The heat would damage the precious graphite shafts.
    No decent human being would leave his golf clubs in the car when he is not driving. The heat would damage the precious graphite shafts.

well there ya go!

I guess carrying golf clubs in an RSX is a no-brainer then.....as long as you're not carrying four people AND golf clubs, you won't have a problem.
    Yes, tinted windows would help. Mine are 20% in the rear, so only someone who's very close to the car and peek through the rear seats. However, my front windows are untinted (NJ law), so someone can still see the back from the front. I like the black mesh in the hatch to keep the items in the trunk out of view.
  • tjm1198tjm1198 Member Posts: 10
    If a standard size golf bag can fit into a Volkswagen New Beetle which I believe is smaller in size then the RSX then I should have no trouble believing that the RSX could easily hold a bag of clubs.
    If a standard size golf bag can fit into a Volkswagen New Beetle which I believe is smaller in size then the RSX then I should have no trouble believing that the RSX could easily hold a bag of clubs.

Is that without having to fold down any seats?
    I just bought my new RSX-S last Saturday and I have a question about oil changes.

I asked the saleman when I bought the car if I had to take it back to the dealership for oil & filter changes. He told me that anyone could do the oil & filter changes (he said I could even do them myself.) He only reccomended that I buy Honda oil filters to do it with.

What is so special about Honda Oil filters? Who makes them anyway?

And out of curiosity, who makes Honda motor oil? Is it full synthetic? Does Honda add special additives specifically for Honda engines?
  • himilerhimiler Member Posts: 1,209
    Any high-quality filter and oil will work just fine in your car.
  • michiganmanmichiganman Member Posts: 65
    I asked my dealer what oil they use, and he said they use Castrol. Mobil1 if you request synthetic.
    I just received a follow up call from my local Acura dealer.

They asked if I had any questions about my new RSX. I asked them the oil questions.

They put the service manager on the phone and here is what he told me:

1. I can change my own oil (just follow the schedule.)

2. I can use any oil I want as long as it was certified. He said the dealership uses Honda oil (which he said is a form of Exxon/Mobil (non-synthetic.))

3. He did recomend using a Honda oil filter, but any other high quality filter would work too. (But he did mention that the Honda filter was only 5 or 6 bucks and some of the aftermarket filters like Mobil 1 cost 12 or 13 bucks. And he felt the Honda filter was just as good.

4. He said the most important thing to get from the dealership was the crush seal for the oil drain plug. He said they we around .60 cents.

I told him that I had around 800 miles on the car now. And I asked if that was enough of a break-in period. He told me 800 miles was fine then he jokingly told me to go ahead "drive it like you stole it."
  • cxw267cxw267 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answers to my golf bag/trunk question. And yes, I have been known to abuse my clubs my leaving them in the car for long periods of time, although looks like that may not be happening anymore. :)

The RSX is still leading my list. I need to drive it again in the next week or so, and am sure my dealer will be agreeable with that. However I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to rent an RSX from a national rental chain. I'd love to be able to drive one around for the weekend without really having to worry about the miles I put on it. Anyone done this before? I'm in the northeast (upstate new york), if that helps.
    However I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to rent an RSX from a national rental chain. I'd love to be able to drive one around for the weekend without really having to worry about the miles I put on it. Anyone done this before? I'm in the northeast (upstate new york), if that helps.

I haven't heard of any. Try calling around to different rental agencies.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Acura dealer keeps several of them as loaner cars for service customers. If yours does the same, perhaps you could convince them to let you have one for the night, maybe for a small fee or something...

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• njcar1njcar1 Member Posts: 16
    I received a quote (through an internet sales manager)of $22,215 for a 2003 RSX S-type. Is this a good deal or do you think there is still some room to go down? I would think that there should be some room to manuever (pricewise) if they already gave me this quote, even before I testdrove the vehicle. The quetion is how far should I insist on, do you think its possible to go under Invoice price on this vehicle? Any suggestions are welcome.
    We are considering buying an RSX, and I thought about offering invoice + transportation + $300 + sales tax + $50 for tag/title. No dealer processing fee or anything like that. We have no trade, and we will be paying cash.

Edmunds shows their TMV as $400 over invoice.

I have bought a few Accords for $200 over invoice, but I figured the RSX would be a little more.

My suggestion: compute your price, offer it, and see if they will accept. When the time comes, that is what we will do.
  • trevian2trevian2 Member Posts: 22
    Currently on carsdirect.com, a RSX S is available for 22065 in the Chicagoland area. It was actually at invoice (21715) a week or so ago (or maybe before the end of the month), so it might go down again at the end of this month. I don't know if CarsDirect operates on any type of quota basis though. So check CarsDirect for your zip code and see if you can get the price to meet the online price at a dealer.

Hope this helps,

Jason
  • scipio1scipio1 Member Posts: 142
    I just took a pair of RSXs for a test drive today. I have to say I'm completely blown away. That shifter is just unbelievable. The power delivery surprised me as well, nothing at all like the 1998 Integra GS-R I had.

Now I just have to convince my wife to let me buy one (an uphill battle with only 6000 miles on my 2002 BMW M3 convertible... gotta convince her I need a "commuter" car to replace our 330i).

It was just a quick spin around the San Mateo hills, but I'm sold. Both cars gave me a big silly grin as I rowed the gears and took the twisties.
    why a "pair" of RSXs? Was one the base, and one the type S? If so, which did you like better for your needs (commuting etc to judge by your post)?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Yes, I took a base model with leather first and then a Type S for a shorter ride.

I thought the Type S rode better, with a firmer ride that stuck in the corners better. The base model still rode very well, but seemed to have a little more "tip" and roll to the ride.

Overall though, I kind of liked the base model for overall experience. The 5-speed offers a more useable transmission than the 6, since the top gear is identical. More shifting is great for fun factor, but the 5 minimizes pain for everyday use and improves torque availability, especially if I'm going to spend a bunch of time in the lower end of the rpm band (commuter use).

Secondly, gas is horrendous in California. Between the M3, the 330i, the older M3 and the GS-R before that, I'm tired of paying up for high octane gas. My wife tools around in her Civic paying for 87 octane and the idea of being able to do the same for a commuter car versus staying at 91+ for the Type S has a lot of appeal.

I always get pains thinking about leaving features on the table (hence the M3 versus a regular 3, the gs-r versus an LS, and even a 330 for commuting instead of a more practical 325). But my head tells me the right way to go is the base model instead of the Type S for what I want.

I'd say the Base model would deliver to me 95% of the fun factor with a much more useable vehicle, and a small tradeoff on features like the CD changer and subwoofer etc.
    want the stereo package with the sub, there must be a way to get it in the base RSX. Many people have posted here saying they don't think that much of the stock subwoofer.

if you really want the stereo package with the sub, there must be a way to get it in the base RSX. Many people have posted here saying they don't think that much of the stock subwoofer.

I've heard the same thing also. Many people were opting for skipping the OEM subwoofer and picking up an aftermarket one.
  • zombozombo Member Posts: 89
    If I'm not mistaken both the base RSX and the type S both require premium fuel.
    My sales brochure for the 2003 RSX says the base RSX can use regular 86 octane fuel whereas the RSX-S requires premium 91 octane.

It also shows that gears 4 and 5 in the base RSX have the same ratios as gears 5 and 6 in the RSX-S.
    If you buy a base RSX, do *not* pay an exorbitant premium for the crappy Bose Richbass Woofer. It doesn't help the bass at all. I wound up getting an Infinity BassLink, which is a 10" powered sub, to throw some muscle in the low freq. end. :)

The manual recommends changing the oil every 5-10 kmi., depending on how the car is driven (e.g. "severely", etc.). I'm planning on doing it every 5,000 miles to be safe. Many people swear by sythentic oil, like Mobil 1, but realize that it costs a *lot* more than regular oil.

K&N oil filter is supposed to be good if you don't want to use Honda's oil filter. I've only had 1 oil change, and that was at the dealership, so I'm assuming they used Honda oil and filter. I'll be due for a 2nd oil change very soon, so I'm considering on using Mobil 1 at a local Firestone.

Anyone have thoughts regarding synthetic vs non-synthetic oil?
  • schilkeb1schilkeb1 Member Posts: 1
    I’m 26, just graduated college, have good job, own a 2001 Civic, want to upgrade to a car that I really want. Is it worth the money? How are the maintenance costs? Help! I’m also looking at the GTI, Sentra Spec V, and the Mazdaspeed Protégé. I would appreciate any any input.
  • silverrsxs1silverrsxs1 Member Posts: 27
    ...but those other rides are too. I love my RSX-S, and routine maintnence costs are about what you'd expect for any new car.

If I were looking for maximum driving bang for my buck right now, I'd probably be testing one of those Neon SRTs. Faster than a Mustang and cheaper than all the cars you mentioned. Test drive a lot of cars and see which one suits you.
    schilke, probably not the answer you want, but you seem to be concerned about the money, so my advice is to keep your (almost brand new) Civic. Pay off credit card debts, car loans, build a nest egg or a deposit on a house, etc.

Sorry, don't mean to criticize at all, but from a financial standpoint, upgrading/changing your vehicle every 2 years is a horrible thing to do. You should try to stick with 1 vehicle for a long tmie to make it cost-effective.
    However, there are some things they don't teach in college. We have learned them from experience.
  • prelude00girlprelude00girl Member Posts: 11
    I am thinking that the black exterior and the black interior look nice on this particular car. I have never had or wanted a black car in the past. I always had red cars. But this black color combination really looks sporty and richer looking than the other color combinations (my other choice is the Dessert Silver Metallic with the lighter interior; and then the Silver Exterior with the Black Interior). Does anyone here have this combination or other cars with this combination of black on black colors? Does the car get extra hot in the summer time? Is the car more difficult to keep clean? Are you happy with your choice or do you regret it?

Thank you so much! Susan (prelude00girl)
    I have DSM w/ the titanium (tan/gray) interior. I'm also in NJ, and despite the wicked summer we had last year, I barely burned myself. (However, my aluminum shift knob put a hurting on my hand, but I digress.) The lighter color leather was great. I can imagine the ebony (black) being warmer, but I don't know how much hotter it would be.

BTW, DSM is probably the easiest to keep the exterior clean. White and black are by far the hardest. I am definitely happy w/ my choice of trim (Type-S) and color (DSM), and even the mods. If you think your car will be under the sun a lot (no garage), then get a good tint job and use a sunshade from the windshield. Good luck!
    To Beowulf7: Thank you for your input. I do have a garage but if I go food shopping and have to leave my car outside I was afraid a darker color would get hot easier.

Now I am thinking about the Desert Silver Metalic Color but the cloth interior despite the leather looking so beautiful since the car does not come with heated seats. I have a leather sofa and recliner in my living room that get so cold in the winter time. But the Titanium leather is so beautiful... This exterior color is a very unique and pretty color and maybe it would be easier to keep it clean. My red cars always looked clean and did not have to be washed that often.
    prelude00girl, I have had my desert silver 2002 base (with leather) for almost a year, and am still amazed at how good the color looks. Just a little feedback on the color.
    DSM is probably the easiest to keep the exterior clean. White and black are by far the hardest.

I beg to differ...White is actually one of the easier colors to keep clean. I have the white and it always looks pristine. Of course, walking up next to it will show all of the dirt as it would on any paint, but from 15-20 feet on, it looks immaculate.

prelude00girl:
    I couldn't decide between white or DSM, I ended up going with white because it's a solid color, and it is easier to touch-up down the road if you get scratches.
    If you're deciding between Black and DSM, then I would go with the DSM...as you said the black interior will be nasty in the heat and without the seat warmers, chilly in the winter.

On a similar note:
    There are a couple of aftermarket companies that make seat warmers for the RSX if you are interested.
    Here is a link to directions on how to install them.
    http://www.ivtecdaily.com/rsx/mods/seatHeaters.html

and a link to one of the companies that sells them.
    http://www.checkcorp.com/

I'm actually thinking about doing it this summer before the winter comes.

The heated mirrors are much more complicated...just in case you get any ideas.
  • rbkern1rbkern1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at new cars for a while and have narrowed down to the RSX Type S and the Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (Pkg 3) 6 Speed. I see the price difference and the warranty difference, but what about performance, deprec., etc.? Any ideas?
  • himilerhimiler Member Posts: 1,209
    The Tib's value will drop like a rock the instant you drive it off the dealer's lot. Acuras are known for retaining above-average resale values. Hyundais are not. Belive it or not, the 10Y/100K Hyundai warranty does not help in this respect.

What the RSX gives up to the Tib in torque, it wins back in terms of workmanship, reliability, performance and refinement. Drive 'em back-to-back and you should notice an immediate difference.

And nobody builds a 4-cylinder engine like Honda does.
    I would love to know how satisfied versus not satisfied are those on this list that have purchased leather seats without the heaters for their RSX. I would also like to know why you are satisfied versus not satisfied The same question for cloth seats ... please since I have to decide if I go with the Acura RSX about this decision. Is there much maintenance involved in keeping leather seats nice? Do those with leather seats cover them with seat covers? Did anyone's leather seats crack? I always wanted a leather sofa and recliner, so I purchased a taupe set for my family room. I love how comfortable it is when the weather is not too cold or hot outside. But I dislike how I usually keep the sofa covered since it is cold in the winter time and cold with the air conditioner on in the summer time. I love the classy look of the leather but now I wish I got a velour or some other comfortable fabric. I always bought my prelude with cloth comfortable seats despite having a choice to exchange them for leather. I love the way the Titanium leather looks in the RSX but I want to make sure I will not regret it like I do my sofa. I read about the seat warmers you can buy and install. I think they look like too much work is involved since I am not handy at things like that.
    I'm one of those idiots that keeps switching out of a car every 18 months, and I can tell you for a fact that I've lost a small fortune in wasted cash lost on perfectly good, very minorly used cars.

Not only that, you'll miss it later. If my wife wouldn't send me to the asylum, I'd consider throwing a wake for the '98 GS-R I gave up with only 9,500 miles on the odometer and the 97 M3 I traded away for a pittance with less than 10,000 of my miles on it. Every time I think about it now, I just want to kick myself. If only I could go back in time...

Arrrrrrrgh
    I would love to know how satisfied versus not satisfied are those on this list that have purchased leather seats without the heaters for their RSX. I would also like to know why you are satisfied versus not satisfied The same question for cloth seats

I have the titanium colored cloth seats. I refused to get leather because of the lack of seat heaters (I live in the Northeast)
    I love the cloth seats...very nice quality. They are made of two types of cloth, one being a micro-fiber that looks and feels almost exactly like split suede. (This micro fiber cloth is also found on the door panels) Cloth seats also hold the butt better when cornering. I've had leather seats before that allowed me to slide around some when cornering.

...although I still want to get some seat heaters
    Mark (Nitromax),

Thank you for your input again! I am so glad you are happy with your Titanium cloth seats. That fury portion on the seat is throughout my Honda Prelude's plush seats which is the best part of my Prelude. I always loved my seats. The RSX's seats were nice but not as comfortable as my car but maybe they would be once sat in for a few months since the seat was not much different in styling than my Prelude.

I want to a new dealership today to test the Acura RSX Automatic on a highway and on the back roads. The ride was very nice and I felt very comfortable in the car at all times. The dealer was very patient and let me sit in the car with cloth seats since the one we tested had black leather seats. I found the cloth more comfortable on my short legs. He gave me a very fair price with no pressure. The lighter seats are very nice. The Desert Silver Metallic was to me a similar color to my pretty Taupe sofa. The white was very nice. The black was stunning but I am now worried about it always looking dirty. I am starting to lean toward the DSM exterior with the lighter colored seats since my current Prelude and the previous 3 Prelude leases all had dark seats. The Silver is nice also but I am beginning to think that the RSX looks best in White, black or DSM in the base model.

Now should I get the spoiler added on for more sportiness or will it block my view? All four of my Preludes had spoilers to make the look more sporty and to help me see where the end of the car ended. The RSX had a short back so I am not sure I need to see where the car ended. There were no cars in the show room that had spoilers on them for me to see what an Acura RSX would look like in person with a spoiler. Some cars look better with them and some without them.

My dad still feels I should buy my car but I am leaning toward having a new car with a 4 year warranty and putting only a little bit down with the same payment I have now but in 5 years I will own the car. Yes, the Prelude is a better car but my car is 3.5 years old and it costs over $14,000.00 to buy with sales tax. I would have to paint the car if I kept it due to some deep scratches in order to avoid future rusting problems. If I buy my Prelude, I will have to lay out a lot of money all upfront now (I am self-employed and would prefer the money in my bank account right now until I see where I stand in October) or try to find a decent used car loan that will lend to me since a few places already told me they will lend to me to buy a new car or a used car from a dealer but not a lease buyout. I could always extend the lease until October and then buy the car which will have a much lower buy back or buy a 2004 model of the Acura RSX then. But each $375.00 payment I make only lowers the buyout by $250.00 so I lose $125.00 per month which is bothering me.

I liked the shorter length of the Acura RSX's body than my Prelude's body and the fact I would be starting over with ownership right away in my mind. I do think my Prelude's seats are a bit shorter and softer so a bit more comfortable.

Does anyone lean on the headrest when driving? That was one negative about the RSX. Due to my petite height the back of the head rest would be good for only protecting my head but not for resting on it since there is a hole at the top of the headrest where my head hits when resting there. I never thought about this until tonight. Tomorrow when I am driving I must see if I lean on my head rest.

The hood of the car is so low that I do have a wonderful view of the road but I can barely see what color it is and I can't see the end of the hood at all. I wonder if this would be a problem parking the car? I know I did park beside my Prelude and I was straight but needed to be closer. I wonder if I can learn to judge since I do love the controls of the car and the fact my payment would be the same with only a small down payment.

I am going to let the dealership look at my car on Thursday to see if they will buy it from Honda and give me money towards it to lessen my down payment since I have less than 17,000 miles on my 3.5 year old lease. I guess it bothers me to return my car with such low mileage so it can be sold at retail for a lot of money after they touch it up and wax it. I should have leased it for 4 years. I really had planned to buy it but it would be easier on me right now to start over again with a similar payment than to take time away from doing extensions for clients so I could finish my own tax return to apply for a bank loan that would accept my lease buyout as the collateral.

I wonder if there is a rental place that would have the Acura RSX in automatic to rent to test out such a long-term 5 year commitment? I have never had a car beyond 4 years due to leasing and to a lemon car I bought years ago (was a purchase and not a lease) that I exchanged after 2.5 years since the warranty ran out in 9 months (I used to drive a lot) and the repairs were so much every month on such a cheap Chevrolet Spectrum. After that I had a Toyota Corolla (the two door sporty pop-up lights model) and 4 different leased Preludes after the Corolla. I guess I never wanted to break down all the time like I did in my Spectrum so I felt safer in a new car. I would love that I enjoy this car so much that after I pay it off, I have no payments for awhile or at least a trade-in.

Sorry so long. It helped to write this all out since now I know where I stand with my thoughts. I guess a car that I like means a lot to me so I am trying to make a decision that will be best for me financially, as well as make me happy.

Susan (prelude00girl)
This discussion has been closed.