Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus ZX5

Comments

• focus090focus090 Posts: 85
    you guys watch those 6 disc changers, i've just had my second one replaced. both times it jammed up, wouldnt change or eject cds. dealer took it out and put new one in the same day, so no big deal. so, heads up. its not from anything i did, just mechanical, so theres no sure fire signs of iminent doom.
  • jkidd2jkidd2 Posts: 218
    Yep, I had a hard time getting use to the turn signals in mine when I first got it...even asked about it in this forum...I guess I have grown accustomed to the noise as its not a problem anymore....guess I am just use to it. I will say I do get a comment from a passenger now and then about how "annoying" the tone is.

I simply LOVE my ZX5. No problems, no complaints, except for the cheesy cup holders or should I say "can holders" and the lack of bright interior and cargo lighting. Its a blast to drive...wouldn't think twice about buying another one..cept I want the SVT next time. :-)
  • We've had two Foci in the past 3 years, the newer is a manual Zetec ZX5 with GR8 sounding turn signals. On our old ZX3 we were saddened when the "amplifier" slowly deadened on the clickers - but when the ZX5 came off the lot, lo and behold the click was back. We couldn't be more happy with our distinctive sounding signals. My wife calls the car "Kermit" because of them (coupled with its no-longer-available bright green paint). Call us crazy but why settle for any old, weak signal sounds? The ZX Foci are unique and so should their signals sound it!
    i dont mind the signal now, at least u know its on, or you can hear it over music, so thats a good thing. i'm sure that was their intent.
  • fdthirdfdthird Posts: 352
    Better than driving down the street behind the guy who is constantly signaling for a right turn!
    lol, no doubt.
  • I have a 2002 ZX5 with 19000 miles. the front rotors are worn and have a lip all the way around each. I drive it gently. Can anyone suggest after market pads and rotors that have worked for them?. And is this covered under warranty ? thanx
    thats your wear and tear, meaning they dont cover brakes and whatnot under warranty. you can swear up and down that you are the most cautious and best driver on the road, but it still wont be covered.
  • so, made a quick left turn today, lost control and my front right wheel came face to face with the concrete curb. i hit it flush wheel to flush curb, so the force of my car bent the wheel assembly under, to where the wheeld and tire were now a part of the inside fender wall, completely tore up and literally tor the wheel, shredded the hell out of the tire, and bent the lower control arm, and basically messed up the entire right suspension. i havt to get upper and lower tie rods, wheel hub assembly, wheel, tire, probably new shock/strut, new right front fender, they are fixing the right door cuz some of the fender got pushed into the door, front end alignment, new wheel well shield, the front lower part of the bumper also got scraped and they are fixin that as well. basically the whole area is busted up. he estimated it around $1500 worth of damage, so thank god for insurance. i'm fine, no injuries or anything. they'll have it possibly for a week at the dealer
  • jimjpsjimjps Posts: 146
    I read that the 05 seats are not changed. This was an internet post supposedly from an insider who thought that the seats would be a better place to make a change then the "Chevy Cavalier" styling revision. I believe the ZX3 and ZX5 seats do have a bit more side bolster then the seats in the sedan and wagon. There is a guy at Focusfanatics who put ZX3 seats in his Focus wagon.
    I noticed traction control was not available with the 2003 2.3 engine. I figured they needed a little time to calibrate for the increased power. Now for 2004 the 2.3 is standard on many Focus models and traction control and advanced trac are not available on any Focus with a 2.3. Well, it looks like there is no Focus in my future now, I want the 2.3 and I need traction control.
    or... just go to the top of this page and hit New Cars and direct yourself to Focus. Edmunds has the breakdown. The 2.3 is available in every body type nationwide.

Is FORD LISTENING? - BUT NO TRACTION CONTROL is AVAILABLE with the 2.3.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,869
    Ford is listening. Very, very few people are willing to pay for traction control on a 4 cyl economy car. Customers do not want it.
  • jkidd2jkidd2 Posts: 218
    Well if Ford is really listening...here is a suggestion: How bout adding some lights to the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? At night, I have to turn the overhead light (which has the intensity of a lit match) on so I can see the steering wheel buttons.
  • carlisimocarlisimo Posts: 1,280
    Sorry to hear that, focus090 =[.

Good luck.
  • its been a while since i posted last, it ended up costing $3600. insurance picked it up, so it cost me only 250, but oh well. thye replaced the ENTIRE front right suspension, wheel, tire, the whole shabang, fixed up the front fender, and fixed where the fender went into the passenger door hinges. it took them two weeks, but it wasnt exactly a small problem. i have had it back for about 2 months now, everythings cool.
  • so now the next generation focus will not be redesigned until 2010. ford feels that the current focus can old its weight till then. they said of course that they will refresh it every few years or so, but no full redesign till 2010. looks like i wont be getting another one after my lease is up on this one....hmmm, the mazda3 looks pretty slick......
  • I have a ZX5 with the traction/stability control and it works wonderfully. If Ford is not offering it on the 2.3 then oh, well. Don't forget it adds the safety and performance of 4 wheel disc brakes with anti-lock control. As far as a new Focus is concerned if you read Car and Driver you would know that the Mazda 3 shares underpinnings with an upcoming NEW Focus model. It is already being sold in Europe as the Focus C-MAX alongside the current Focus. This platform is NEW so whoever thinks its going to be 2010 before a new Focus comes along needs to do some research. Check out the Ford UK website or Car and Driver.com. There will be no SVT model for a full year because they need that time to develop it on the new platform. The same goes for the Mustang and F-150 SVT versions. There is going to be a period of about a year, because all three of these vehicles are being replaced, that no SVT version of any of them will be available. Ford says its just not viable to introduce an entirely new vehicle and an SVT version of the same vehicle in the same year.
  • fdthirdfdthird Posts: 352
    I don't know what your info source is but the stuff that I've read in various mags (Autoweek, Automobile, etc) points in a different direction.

1 - SVT is moving upscale and the Focus SVT will go away and not be replaced. Sounds like they want to want to concentrate on more big bucks vehicles. New "performance" Focus to be called Focus ST.

2 - While there will be a new Focus in Europe and it will share underpinnings with the Mazda 3 and Volvo V40, we in the US will continue to get the current Focus with model upgrades. Have seen Ford say in print that they haven't gotten their full investment back on the US version and also seen speculation that after Ford got burnt on the introduction of this Focus, they are not interested in starting all over again.

Perhaps just a mater of where and what you read, but that's what I've seen.