Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MX-5 Miata Owners Photo Gallery

mrurlmrurl Member Posts: 116
edited March 2014 in Mazda

2002 LS w/ 6-speed, rear spoiler, small mud guards.

Peter

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    If you have photos online to share you can also share them in the weekly chats where we can all drool over them LIVE! :)

Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • gardengarden Member Posts: 1
    I want to look at new miata and see all factory options including colors and all other goodies!!! how do I do this :cry: :confuse: :confuse:
  • thelthel Member Posts: 767
    The most obvious options would be

1. Go to your local dealer

2. Mazdausa.com

3. Edmunds.com
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    If you mean 2006, check out my photo album from the NY auto show:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2128707759&idx=14

Prices aren't even set yet, though.

-juice
  • dameloladamelola Member Posts: 1
    My Miata was broken into, the fools slashed the soft top cover. Now I need to get a new one, but cannot find a place that will install it. Does anyone have a place they could recommend in the Bay Area, Berkeley or Oakland California would be ideal. I would greatly appreciate any advice one might have.

Cheers,
    Lola

:cry:
    Sorry to hear that.

I had a rock thrown through my top's window a couple of weeks ago. I just ordered a new top and will install it myself, in fact it arrived yesterday.

Gomiata.com has them, a complete no-zipper top for a '90-97 with glass runs $450, not too bad. Comes with instructions, and the rain rail pre-installed.

In Cali there are actually far more installers than here on the east coast, look around. Maybe even Google Robbins Top and then look for installers, I'd venture to guess that *most* of them are in California, actually.

Installed I usually see prices from $600 (plastic window) to just over a grand for glass with defroster.

Good luck. Insurance did pay for mine, minus the comprehensive deductible.

-juice
  • thelthel Member Posts: 767
    Just about any decent upholstery shop should be able to install it for you. Around here, they seem to charge about $200 for the labor. You will probably be able to buy the top on the net for less than the upholsterer can get it.
    Came in just this week. I might try to install it tomorrow, in my car port because of course we are due to get rain (figures).

-juice
  • mikelemikele Member Posts: 1
    Hi: I'm excited to have just purchased a 91 Miata. My most pressing concern is the timing belt; it has not been replaced and while the mileage is low (under 20K) I wonder if I should replace the belt based on the age of the car?

Next up I'm wondering what is the preferred leather treatment to keep the seats from aging excessively?

THANKS in advance,

Mike
    Based on the age, I'd say yes, it would be a good idea to change the belt. Here are some instructions if you feel up to it:

http://www.miata.net/garage/timingbelt.html

It is a non-interference engine, so it the belt does break you won't total the engine, but you will be stranded.

-juice
    Very clean, nice!

-juice
  • freemanjfreemanj Member Posts: 1
    ">Well, I'll be second... Due to a divorce and lawyer's fees, I have to sell my "baby," a 1999 1/2 10th aniv. Nardi Torino model originally from CA but now garaged and pampered in Newtown, PA. It's got the 5spd., leather, the Bose Cd stereo upgrade and every available option with artic white exterior and saddle interior and top and only 56K miles. Paid 12,500 last year and only had the pleasure of puting a couple of K miles on her: asking 9K now. 215-968-2090 (landline) 215-801-0433 (cell) Will try to put a small pic here. Hope to save my pennies for a new one some year soon...

001_25A
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    It's election day! So once you've done your civic duty, why not stop in at our weekly Mazda chat to meet and greet CarSpace friends?

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • mx5ownermx5owner Member Posts: 1
    In response to damelola for replacement of her convertible top...
    try miatatopworks in Marin county, they changed the top on my 1999 for $600 part and labor included.
    its a vinyl top with glass window,great deal at the price!
  • gladent1gladent1 Member Posts: 1
    where can i get a manuel for a mazda miata 1995

thank you
    You probably have to go to the dealer.

I had a Haynes manual for my 93 but it was only so-so. A lot of times I was able to find better advice and photos on-line, for free.
  • lordelpuzlordelpuz Member Posts: 16
    I got two online, you can get them from

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/30

and/or

http://www.autolinkmx5.com/mazda-mx-5-parts-8-c.asp

I have the Haynes manual but the one called Do it up Mazda Miata/Eunos MX5 A practical guid to renovation on a budget is far far better, with great info and full color pics.
  • sbhamilsbhamil Member Posts: 2
    1990 MX-5... sweet little red car I bought from the original owner about 3 years ago. The car has been running great. Just tuned up less than a month ago.

I live in the Atlanta area and we got very, very heavy rains and flooding 10 days ago. My car has not run since. !! It was not sitting in flood water, however, somehow I ended up with about 4-5 inches of rain on the passenger-side floor. Trunk was damp. Roof is new and not leaking.

Engine wants to start.... but will turn over and then die.

Tried putting some 'Heet' in the gas tank a few days ago... Have let the car sit and dry out for over a week now... It has made improvements each day -- starting easier and idling for up to about 5 seconds now, but then chokes out and won't start again for a couple hours when I try again.

Any suggestions? Not ready to let them haul this sweet little ride off to the junk yard! It's in great condition!!

Thanks.
    Shari
    Must be electrical.

You can use WD40 to displace water, that's actually what the W and D stands for.

Also check to make sure all the fluids are clean and not contaminated with water.
This discussion has been closed.