Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suburban Tahoe Owners Meet the Members

124»

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may be interested in the K&N Air Filters, bolt-on power? discussion.

tidester, host
  • ltbikerltbiker Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the Part Number for the rubber bumpers.
    and a cost.
    I have 130,000 mile on my Tahoe and like to keep in in good shape.
  • macuser1723macuser1723 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2004 2500 chevy suburban with the 8.1 liter and the 4:10 rear end and autoride with every option. the car tows our horse trailer like it is not even there and we have never had any problems with it at all. gas though is not that good. we avaerage exactly 10.2 miles to the gallon but it is worth it for the power you have with the car.
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    I just upgraded (last night) to a 03 K1500 LT Burb, with 71000 mi. I know its high! mi. for the year but it was also a great deal. I paid $18426 , total OTD price was $19,438 after TTL, doc fees, etc, (I traded in my wife's Accord so I only paid sales tax on the the $1426 difference). High KBB according to my credit union is $23768. I feel pretty good about the deal, payments are less than the one for the Accord.
    BTW, now I need to sell my 96 K2500 LT GMC Burb. So for the moment I own 2 Suburbans.
  • jeff43jeff43 Member Posts: 14
    We have owned 3 Surburbans, one of them a GMC. We had a 1980 Chevy Surburban,(mostly for work), a 1986 GMC diesel Surbuban Sierra Classic, which, on a trip to Florida, returned 26 MPG. The 1980 we had for 234,000 miles, the 1986 for 218,000 the owner after us drove it to over 300,000 miles, and to my knowledge, is still running. Our current surbuban is a 1996 Chevy Surburban LT, beautiful cherry ice on desert gold. It has 156,000 miles, we love it, but the gas mileage is around 14 MPG. We probably will keep it till 200,000 miles.
  • zoltarpzoltarp Member Posts: 4
    I had this problem too and no mechanic or other person had even hear of it. I found that it was due to not changing the power steering fluid regularly. I ended up replacing the power steering pump and of course fluid. In hind site I could have probably gotten away with just flushing the heck out of the power steering pump with new fluid about four or five times.
  • zoltarpzoltarp Member Posts: 4
    Here is a link to Latemodelrestoration.com, they have a whole lot of good stuff for our age trucks. Click on Seating & Upholstery and scroll down till you see this 92-99 UPHOLSTERY, LEATHER

CTP-CKLT Your Price: $519.95

Bruce

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/lrs.aspx?categorycontext=~CCKTRUCK~CINT
  • reismanreisman Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 GMC Suburban. I have been the only owner - immaculate care, regular oil changes - no problems - 110,000 miles. I have noticed in the past few months a gradually more audible scraping sound up high on the steering column near the steering wheel itself. I only hear this when I turn the steering wheel, and on rotation or turning of the wheel, I get a slight dragging or scraping sound from it, like something is barely touching. It sounds like a metal disk rotating on another disk as it rotates by, and isn't continuous - sort of like there are high and low spots that intermittently touch or don't as the wheel is rotated. The steering itself is fine, totally accurate - just feel like this is a plastic or sheet metal part out of place, or something that normally is to slide against something else is not sufficiently lubricated, or something that shouldn't touch at all now is touching, hence it is audible and not silent as it always was (and I would expect). Please help me with the solution. I am very handy and didn't want to just take it to the dealership if it was something I could easily fix. Not afraid to tackle it at all.
  • bobcookbobcook Member Posts: 1
    My 99 K2500 pulls left when applying the brakes after they have been used. No such effect is noticed when the brakes are cool. I just changed the calipers and this did not seem to alleviate the problem.

I have noticed in some previous forum discussions that others have had a similar problem, but these links have since been pulled.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's some "brake pull" posts over in the Tahoe discussion that may help. Here's one:

bochev, "Chevy Tahoe" #4294, 9 Jan 2004 5:07 pm

This link has some suggestions about brake pads and suspension issues. (Salem Boys Auto)

Steve, Host
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Let's have our "member" chat here. I only ask that if you raise issues you think will have general interest then please post or repost your message and responses in the appropriate specialized topic.

Thanks and enjoy!

tidester, host
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A national news magazine is looking to interview consumers who have recently (within the past three months) purchased a large SUV and would like to talk about your decision to purchase that car. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, November 8, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information.
  • biggreenduallybiggreendually Member Posts: 1
    I have the excact same problem on my 06 silverado 3500. Did you solve it??
  • jims04tahoejims04tahoe Member Posts: 3
    Hello all. Jim from Chesapeake VA here. I recently purchased a 04 Tahoe off of a co-worker. I've owned several GMs over the years, the newest my wife's 05 Envoy. I really enjoy my Tahoe, I recently added a flowmaster cat back exhaust and K&N air filter kit. Made a big difference in power. My Tahoe is nothing fancy just clean and well kept. Co-worker kept the vehicle dealer serviced. Any way I look forward to reading and participating in the discussions.
    Jim
  • windcutter122windcutter122 Member Posts: 5
    the driverside power window in my 1999 suburban truck won't go down .but about 3 inches. When it (window) bottoms out the door lock moves just a tad. What could be the problem?

thanks in advance. :(
    I have a 1999 suburban truck 5.7 K1500 fully equipped. When i turn the ignition on i can hear a mumming sound coming from (i think) my gas tank. Any ideas what could be causing the humming sound?

thanks in advance :confuse:
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    pop the inside door panel off, and see why it's binding.
    Without hearing your sound, hard to say. But two things back there are the fuel pump, and the airpump if you have auto-leveling shocks.
    the auto-leveling shocks seems to be working properly, so i guess that leaves only the fuel pump. Could the fuel pump be going bad?

thanks in advance
    If it was mine, I'd pull the fuse on the air leveling shocks to definitively rule out the air shocks. You don't want to drop the tank if it's an air shock problem.
  • montyboymontyboy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have documentation / diagrams or knows what is involved in replacing a broken door lever (front passenger door).

The door has required a small amount of elbow pushing for people in the know since I bought the vehicle (used) in 97... and today Dec 16th 2007 someone just pulled too hard on the lever and the casting lever broke.

I know you can buy new door lever sets but was wondering if there were any tricks, or things to avoid when taking the trim off etc. so I make a good repair and not a bodge.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

p.s. Just for interest purposes is anyone really getting 13 - 16 mpg city / highway ... I know I aren't but then again its more than likely the K& N air filter !.
    just got around to working on window. I've got the inside door panel popped away from door except for the door lever can't seem to get it pulled away from door. Would it be help by screws or the little white plastic thingys that holds the panel to the door? :confuse:
  • bridgerroanbridgerroan Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?? I have a 2004 Suburban doing the same thing. My local dealer claims they have never run across this problem...
    These kind of problems, are usually the result of a dual filament bulb, where one of the filaments has broken and flopped over onto the other filament. Dual filament bulbs are normally a bright filament for brake light or turn signal, and a lower wattage filament for running lights.

With a shorted filament, when the highfilament circuit energizes, it also then energizes the running lights.

Take out the bulbs, look closely at the filaments. It might be easier to just replace them, since they are cheap. Make sure you put in the right type and number bulb, and pay attention to the bulb mounting pins on the base since they have to be in a certain way so the correct filament lights. Low wattage filament for running lights. High wattage filament for brake/turn light.
    yes i did the wiring harness of the trailer hitch needed cleaning evidently something caused a short. I took each section apart and cleaned them works like a charm now :)
  • unclemoakunclemoak Member Posts: 1
    Howdy, The humming sound that I think you are talking about, is a sound that's standard on the Suburbans. you could say it is a built in sound from the factory. It comes from the fuel pump, It's not a problem. :D
  • desertratt66desertratt66 Member Posts: 1
    can a 97 sub tranny and ttansfer case be made to work in a 97 tahoe ?
  • jake19904jake19904 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of adding a Parrot 2300 Bluetooth system to my truck. Got the right wiring harness, however still requires hooking one wire to a power source that is only on with the ignition. Any knowledge/help/support would be greatly apreciated.

Thank You in Advance!
  • vanpelt408vanpelt408 Member Posts: 5
    Hello, New member from League City, TX. I have a 2002 Suburban LT. 99K miles and still going strong.

Looking to swap out my 2nd row bench (tan leather) for 2nd row buckets.
This discussion has been closed.