Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• jamessahaljamessahal Member Posts: 55
    Eyy!! Hang on there!! it's got to come to the UK & we're talking about 2007 time yet! We wouldnt get an import either, couldnt drive a left hand drive over here it would be too difficult! :)
  • am1199am1199 Member Posts: 10
    I just bought FX 35 and I was told by my friends that original tires Bridgestone Potenza RE 92 A are dangerous in snow and on wet roads ,can anyone share his experience .My driving will be in Upstate New York and snow traction is very important for me.
  • dantedante Member Posts: 92
    do you have the 20s or the 18s? I have the 20s and they are not good in snow. Not sure if is the tire or the tire size (skinny tires are better in snow). My 20s have been just fine in heavy rain and slush. Just not in deep snow.
    Sorry, just noticed in your caption that you have the 18s. Someone who has those should comment, sorry for the wasted band width... Jon.
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    I was reading his inquiry and your response, and I didn't realize that either until you brought it up.....hahah.

:D
    Hi guys, have you notice the FX35 consumer rate decreased from 9.3 to 9.0 now? Hopefully, the new changes in the up coming year will boost it back up again. I thought I brought to your attention. :)
    Is this a quality rating or volume of sales rating? I have to say that to-date, on my FX35 2004, no problems other than an occassional rattle in my center console. Although I also only have about 7,000 miles.

As far as volume is concerned, here in Chicago the FX is becoming more common. Not as common as the X5, mind you.

Yesterday I had to meet with a new client and ended up taking them to lunch in the FX. They loved the car and were not familiar with it, which I find surprising. Anyways, what an awesome car. The 35 is plenty fast for you out there debating between the 35 and the 45 and the mpg is slightly better and no need for premium gas. I use the manumatic when I want to make a fast passing change (allows you to redline the engine) and it takes off like a sling shot... Fun...

Jon B.
    Dante,

It's a quality rating, it's actually right on top of this forum near the heading. Just click on it and they will give you all the posting.
    OK, I have to stop multi-tasking when I read this Forum. And pay attention! Problem is that I am at work when I skim through this Forum...

Ciao and thanks, Jon.

Did you check out the XC70?
    No, I have not had the time to go and check it out. However, I work in Pasadena, California and see at least a couple of these XC70 on my commute each week. Frankly, I like the look of it, but I think it's still on the pricey side. I was shocked to hear you bought it at 33k only. What a great deal!!!!

If we have another kid we might consider trading in our FX35 for the Odyssey or possibly XC70, but that will not happen for awhile. I don't think I can fit two car seats in the back of the FX35 and have wife sit in the middle. She is petite, but not small in enough to be comfortable between two car seats.
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    I just read on the reviews that if you do not have the maintenance done the computer locks you out? how does that work? I dont have a dealer by me and told them for most of the services I would need to have them done locally but a place around me and they said ok, but lock out??
    The Oddysey is also very nice, 250HP! More of a bus, mind you, than the XC70 but certainly more appropriate as a people mover. If I had kids, I would opt for the Oddysey. But would not give up the FX! Ciao, Jon.
  • kcwkcw Member Posts: 2
    Interesting. I just asked the same question and got a different answer. Attached is the response that I received. Can anyone explain the discrepancy?

Thanks.

Ken

From: nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com [mailto:nnaconsumeraffairs@nissan-usa.com]
    Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 9:12 AM
    To: xxx@xxx.com
    Subject: Re: I have an inquiry [INTR:233506]

Dear John Doe,

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your interest in Infiniti products.

The 2006 FX35/45 is scheduled to be released early 2006, however, this date is tentative.

We hope that this information answers your question, but if you need any additional information or have further questions, please let us know by reply e-mail or by calling 1-800-293-0800 and pressing "0" for a live operator.

Also, make sure to take a look at our website, www.Infiniti.com, for the most up-to-date product information.

Recent college grads may qualify for a special finance rate through our SignatureGRADUATE program! For details, go to http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,sctid-52036,00.html.

At Infiniti, we strive to provide the highest level of customer service.

Sincerely,

Infiniti
  • jfo1jfo1 Member Posts: 2
    i dont know FX35awd. I had a Honda CRX-SI right out of College years ago and didnt have a single rattle or squeak the 10 years I owned it. I guess it spoiled me. My next car after that, a Isuzu Rodeo, couldnt come close either. One of the things that drove me nuts about the Rodeo was the squealing brakes and go figure I spend 50K on a car that does the same thing:).
    Call me unrealistic, but I guess I'll keep on the dealer until these things are fixed.
    Thanks for your reply
  • cuecue Member Posts: 13
    anyone know where to get info. on changing the bulbs for the fog lights? purchased new piaa bulbs, those things do not just slip out like most car bulbs, car's book says take to infiniti dealer for those bulbs, but there must be a way to get the directions to change them.
    thanks if anyoen knows anything
  • kg6ckg6c Member Posts: 18
    Could the host plese help me with my dilemma. I was able to negotiate $7000 of sticker for a V6 T-Reg and $10,000 for a V8 T-Reg. The problem I am having is that I do not want to finance this. So can someone please tell me how I can can translate these savings into a good lease. The dealer is saying that he cannot make the price less than invoice, for lease purposes. Please can someone give advice on this. It will be a huge help.

Thanks
    K
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Car_man should be able to help. Here's the link:

Volkswagen Touareg: Lease Questions

Unless you really meant an Infiniti?

Infiniti FX35 / FX45: Lease Questions

Steve, Host
    I have to admit that with gas prices going up and up and up, and all the bad news on TV, it is beginning to get to me how poorly our beloved FXs do on gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the car but with the prospect of paying $4 and maybe even $5 per gallon, I am beginning to question whether the price to play is getting a bit steep. I get 14 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the expressway, and that's if I behave with my right foot...

Jon B.
  • fx45edfx45ed Member Posts: 1
    I checked the oil in my FX45 the other day and it was 3 quarts low. I have been having to add a quart about every month. So it was my monthly check and now I find it is down 3 quarts. Has anyone else noticed oil usage with their FX? I have an appointment with my local dealer next week, but just wondering if the 1 quart a month thing is normal???

Thanks!

Ed
    So Amazing!!!!!
    Was with family and i said "quick pullover!" (I'm 14) I istantly recogznized this FX. We got out and i took some pictures and it was so beautful!! I saw my first Infiniti FX in New York 3 years ago and me and my family were blown away by this car. It was so attractive and like nothing else on the road! Stood there and sat for a bit and were near it for about an hour! (We've got family from spain here and were on a day out). I took lots of pictures and videos on my phone and pics of me with it!
    It was so exciting because i really want one of these but have just ordered a Murano. The FX was in black, 20 inch chrome wheels, black leather, camera, sat nav. The exhausts were larger than i remember them. Up front it was nice, but we looked in the back! It was tiny!!!! Coundn't believe it. I knew it was smaller than rivals in the back after reading reviews but it was just like a VW Golf in the back!
    As people walked past, they stopped, looked, read the badge, looked inside, took pictures. So, its certainly a head turner!!
    People saw me looking and i had to explain what it was. Felt like a teacher!!
    There was, however, one thing that i didnt like. i noticed that at the back it had like a funny 3rd? reverse light on the right and on the left, like a rear fog light? hanging down. Didnt like them and havnt noticed them before. Are these on all FX's?

James! :)
  • mapattonmapatton Member Posts: 6
    Any update on delivery launch of the 2006 FX 35? I had heard late Oct to Nov, but Infiniti replied and said tentatively early 2006. Is anyone else on the fence with the decision of waiting? The seat controls on the 2005 do not bother me. Bluetooth would be nice, but is not a must have. Coupled with the fact that the rear window actuator on my Grand Cherokee just died (roughly $500 to fix) I really feel like pulling the trigger on a 2005 and maybe getting the Elec Pkg to have the rear backup camera (see if I can negotiate this at the dealer, for all we know, the 2006 may be the same price as the 2005 w/ this package).

Let me know your thoughts.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    I agree with this. I have one of the original FX45's (2003 - purchased Feb '03) and according to the trip computer I average about 16.5 in mostly city/suburban driving. Last week I topped $50 on a fill for the first time - OUCH!

On the positive side I have had no problems whatsoever after having put about 45,000 miles on it. I've been using synthetic oil (Mobil 1) since I bought it, and have rarely had to add any oil between changes, and then only a half quart or so. I don't normally push it too much, in part due to the high gas prices but mostly because I want to avoid getting ticketed!

Recently had to replace the original tires (I run 18 inch Blizzak's in the winter) and I went with Fushion ZR-1's. VERY happy with this purchase as they give me a much better ride without giving up anything in the handling department.

BTW, my wife has an early '04 RX330, and it too has been equally reliable, but it has only about half the miles on it.
    Sorry but thats pathetic. Ouch for $50 of petrol? That works out at about £27 here. For £27 pound you would ONLY just be able to fill up a a small city car with a engine smaller than a 1.0 litre.
    16.5 MPG not that bad really considering its a 4.5 V8.
    Have any of you thought that if your not moving in a city or town or stuck in any traffic, that you could turn off your engines? And them start them up for when you need to start moving. Lots of people here do it and theres a car here that does it it self and it does safe on petrol.
    Plus, when your not moving, your getting 0 MPG because yuor not moving, just burninb petrol?
    What a waste!!
    What you all think about that then??
  • kcwkcw Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking exactly the same thing. I need something new before the snow flies. I think the backup camera is a must have.

Similiar point of view on the Bluetooth. It would be very convenient because it is so tightly integrated with the existing dashboard controls of the vehicle. In looking around, I haven't found any kind of after market product that even comes close.

I'll probably just go for it.
    No doubt that gas is more expensive in the U.K. I live in Italy part of the time and its about $5 a U.S. gallon over there, versus $3.50 currently in Chicago. Nevertheless, in Italy I drive a very efficient Mini Cooper which sips gas compared to the FX.

We in the U.S. have been spoiled by inexpensive fuel. That is about to change.
    Petrol has just this week reached over £1 per litre. What people just here is buy diesels. Small family cars, VW Golf and Audi A4 size are popular here, as well as 4x4s like the Honda CR-V, which is very popular over here and has just arrived with a diesel.
    I just think if you're going to buy a 4.5 V8 with 316 bhp, then dont complain about what it costs to fill it up and what it does to the gallon. Didnt you know about it before you bought it?
    Or, you could of bought the 3.5, not exactly the most economical engine but more so than a V8
    which is why I bought the 3.5 liter engine. plenty fast too. although still get about 14 city, 21 highway. my wife gets 18 city, 25 highway in her volvo xc70...
    Dante,

I get on average 18.2 mpg on when using 87 Octane and 17.5 when I use 91 Octane. You got to ease off on the gas pedal : )
    No doubt we are a bit "spoiled" here in the U.S., but then again much depends on what you are used to. I certainly did not intend to come across as a "whiner" in my post - as I stated I am very happy with my FX45 ownership experience and its tremendous reliability - I have spent nothing except on Infiniti's recommended preventitive maintenance - has made up for the increase in gasoline costs since purchasing the vehicle about 3 1/2 years ago.

I do tow a boat occasionally, which factored into my decision to get the V8, but given the same choice today - with gasoline prices having about doubled compared to where they were - I would probably lean towards buying the FX35, since it would perform adequately on when I do have the opportunity to use the boat. That said, this would still be a difficult decision, since in car buying history I have always favored performance over fuel economy. However, now that circumstances are different and the equation has certainly changed, I would (hopefully) "force myself" to make what arguably would be the more rationale decision!
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Off topic....but, one of the reasons those of us here in the U.S. are used to "cheaper" petrol is we don't have as many taxes on our fuel (although still way too much). Plus, we do have oil resources via Texas, Alaska and elsewhere. Most of the EU does not have any oil resources.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    of course you are right, Peter. Pay to play... and playing is fun. Step on the gas and the engine roars to life. Amazing, such a relatively heavy vehicle and yet, it can bark to life with a slight step on the gas. i cannot even imagine what the FX 45 must act like...

Don't get me wrong, i do not regret the FX35. Just wish it did a bit better in mpg...

Ciao, happy motoring. Jon.
    Well, I have initiated the buying process. Sent out 7 or so emails to dealers stating exacting what I want, and listing the MSRP and invoice numbers for the FX 35 and each item I want on it. Within 12 hours I had 2 voice mails and 2 emails. 1 of those voice mails and both eamils were from the same guy (Internet Sales Mgr) at one dealer. Without any negotiations so far, I am already at invoice (35,785.00 for a 2005 FX 35 with Touring Pkg, Splash guards, Sunroof wind deflector, Cargo protector and roof raill cross bars).

Any one have some good figures to be working towards as far as a lease residual value (looking at 39 months 15K a year) and a money factor?
    I hear you Dante, it roars. I roll down my window, turn off the radio just to listen to it every morning when I come in to work and park under a underground parking structure. The sound from the exhaust just resonate. I absolutely love it. :D
    Funny. Me too. In my garage (I park on the seventh floor in my condo so love the ride up with the windows down). Sounds very menacing (my wife laughs at me and says something about being a big nerd...). So be it!

As I walk to work, I can always recognize Infiniti's on the road whether an FX or the G35 coupe. Very distinctive sound. Makes you want to stomp on the accelerator!

Ciao, Jon.
  • bmreynoldsbmreynolds Member Posts: 15
    I haven't started working on my lease yet but I have the price on the FX35 Touring RWD to 35,500.00. Wasn't sure if yours was an AWD or RWD. The dealer said that the price I was quote could be beat but his explanation on why was because his was in inventory, so I think you still have a ways that you can come down on the price still. I am trying to get 34900.00 for mine. Good luck. :D
    Well the deal was struck (through the internet and the phone) and I signed yesterday (Sunday). Was a very smooth process and I got what I believe is a good deal at this time for where I am at. Loving the new ride!
    Here is a pic. image
    Beautiful vehicle - good luck and enjoy!
    What a stunner! Looks nice, nice wheels, they look like the 18 inch, are they? It would look better with the 20 inch wheels. Also, dont cars in the US have number plates on the front?
    They are 18s. I purposely chose the 18s for the smoother ride. (this was at the request of my family). Cars in the US can have plates in front. That adapter was included and I have put it on. It requires drilling qty 2 10MM holes in the bumper. Had to have a couple glasses of wine to get the courage for that :)
    It is a stunner. Enjoy it. I have a silver one, wanted black, but my wife thought it looked toooooo Batman-like... which I think is really cool! Jon.
    Thank you. All I have ever own color wise since 1980 were either white or black vehicles (with the FX, the last 5 have been black).

Curious, does anyone have a wood dash, or have installed one. curious about what color you chose for a graphite interior. Was thinking of one of the synthetics in Gray Burl (or something similar) but have yet to see a picture of one. Also read that the real wood looks better, but haven't found a gray toned real wood.
  • ivar50ivar50 Member Posts: 1
    I have FX35 (with just touring package) and bought it in Sep 2004. I noticed a problem (which I am not sure if it is only in my vehicle or all FX35s), with the door locks, which I never paid that close an attention as I thought there may be something which I am missing. But in the last servicing (done a week earlier), when I mentioned the problem to service dept at the dealer, they seem to feel the same as I did.

The problem is, when I lock all the doors sitting in either driver/front passenger seat, I am still able to open the doors from all the seats (front and back)while driving. After being conscious about this, now I am little bit scared of any accidental holding of the door opening lever which might lead to unwanted circumstances.

Dealer came back and claimed that all FX35 which dont have Tech Package on them, they are behaving the same way as my car does.. I am surprised to find that any where in the internet I didnt find a single note where someone had a same problem.
    can someone respond if they had seen any such problem in their car (without tech package)?
    If not, what is the best thing I could do?
    I was planning to call Infiniti consumer affairs and report this?
    What is the best way to deal this?
    Appreciate the feedback.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    Yeah, I noticed this, too. I think the door locks on the FX are meant to lock people out from outside for security reasons, e.g. carjacking, etc., but not lock people in from the inside for safety reasons, e.g. accident immersing FX in water. I know, it's weird. It's the first vehicle, that I owned, whose locks behaved in this manner.

However, I don't have too much of an issue with this. Although, I make sure that the child locks on the rear seats are always engaged for my kids.

I'd be interested to know what comes out of your conversation with Infiniti consumer affairs. I would not be surprised if they said it was as designed. :)
  • mrlovermrlover Member Posts: 7
    Hi there

Has anyone notice that FX35 lag ~2 sec until it actually picks up when you press pedal to the metal? With 2 sec lag how can you race? I had been driving 5spd for almost 10yrs and love the pick up. I used to race @ traffic signal when it turned green for 1st to 3nd gear only (short distance). With 5spd, the pick is right away, but with FX35...its kinda disappointed. I haven't tried the sportronic in FX35 yet, but I am sure its fail in comparison with 5spd. thanks

Keith
  • pipessurferpipessurfer Member Posts: 2
    need the group's guidance. On Labor Day, I bought a new 2005 FX35 RWD w/tech/sports/SAT for $40,500 + $700 (dealer added) for SAT. This is my first new car, I have always bought pre-owned. I originally was looking for an '03 FX45 with low miles. A deal I had for an 03FX45 with 18,000 miles + full loaded fell through and I bought this new one instead. I love the 35 and it has only 500 miles on it. However, I am considering returning it and hoping that the dealer will only ding me a $1000 ($2 for every mile) and that I can get my sales tax back (DMV fees and registration are not refundable). I am intending to trade it in for an '03 FX45 fully loaded w/o SAT with 24,000 miles ($35,000) that the dealer just advertised in its inventory. I will add SAT by buying the kit from GRUBBS and having a mobile electronics specialist install it for an entire package less than what the dealer charged ($700). I always keep my cars for about 7 years. The main reasons for making this trade are the following: (1) Increased power (12%)/torque (33%) of the FX45 - especially 0-30 and 0-60 (I just came out of an RX300 and miss the power of my twin turbo Mistubishi 3000 GTVR4; (2) Most of the significant depreciation has been taken on the FX45 while a new FX35 wil take a huge hit; (3) FX45 has the DVD system that has the AUX input for my ipod; (4) AWD for the rare Southern California rainy days; (5) greater resale value in 7 years given the present relative scarcity of the fully loaded 45s; (6) having the top of the line FX; (7) savings in the overall capital cost (only about $4000 if the dealer only dings me $1000). All this is based on the following assumptions: (1) repairs will be the same b/c I am buying the Elite 7/100k extended warranty; (2) interior quality of the cars are the same; (3) suspension on the 2005 FX35 sports is the same as the 2003 FX45; (4) fuel costs are about $350 more on the 45 versus the 35; (5) insurance is the same (I checked with my auto insurer); (6) the VQ and VK engine and powertrain are equally reliable in the long run; and (7) there are no other appreciable differences between the 2005 FX35 and the 2003 FX45. By the way, is $1850 a good price for the Elite extended warranty with a $50 deductible. The thread dealing with this disclosed that in 2004, others were paying $1 over cost at Grubbs. However, this does not appear to be the case any longer. I would appreciate all advice. I understand that some of the questions are difficult to answer such as the reliability issue since the FX has only been around for two years.

Post Extras:
    You obviously studied this thoroughly going in, so I'm puzzled why you didn't just get what you really wanted the first time. A simple lack of patience I suspect? Anyway I would get what you want while trying to keep the trading cost down, and consider it a lesson well learned.

P.S. One other difference between the two is the exhaust note. The 45 has a deeper, more subtle sound, while the 35 has a raspier, more pronounced note - I liked the former better and it did play into my decision to buy the 45, but I know others really like the 35's better.
  • pipessurferpipessurfer Member Posts: 2
    You are right. I acted impulsively, which is not my nature. If I do keep it, as I indicated, it will be for about 7 years. Did you purchase the Infinity Elite extended warranty? If so, how much did you pay? I purchased the 7 year/100k plan with $50 deductible for $1850. What do you think? I also want to add ipod integration; bluetooth integration; and the wood dash kit. Did you do any of these?

Thanks,

Michael from San Diego, CA
  • mrlovermrlover Member Posts: 7
    I didn't notice this issue until you pointed out. Yesterday I thought & I was hoping that infiniti was smart to make the doors so that you can only open it (even when they all locked) when the car is in a complete stop, but when its in motion you can't open it. So I tested, but I was wrong again. Even when you MANUALY locked all doors...you CAN still open the door from the inside when the car in motion :cry: . Regarding the safety reasons as when the car immersed in water as Crikey mentioned...you should not open the door, but roll down the window. you wont be able to open the door with the force of water that forcing against the door, plus that the water will fill up the car quicker then u open the door, instead of rolling down the window. I guess the engineers @ infiniti forgot to implement door lock safety in the FX. :lemon:
  • someguy1someguy1 Member Posts: 42
    Hey All,

I am hoping to get people's experiences with FX35's and Gas Mileage on Highways. It would ultimately be a commuter car for me and I am on a budget. I spend 95% of my time on the highway.

Car anyone help me with real expectations for highways mileage. While we're at it anyone with 45's can chime in as well.

Thanks,
    KA