Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX45 Infiniti FX35

Comments

• ayenewayenew Member Posts: 11
    Jeff,

Thanks for input. I was not sold on either option but wanted to hear what others had to say. In the mean time, I did some research. It seems, if I were to pay for the shocks that they want to give me, costs are $900 for a set of 4 (taxes included put it at $1,000) and service is close to $300. Hence, Infiniti wants to give $500 for something that would cost you or I $1,300! Got to love their accounting department.

I agree. And I am getting my shocks put in. Do not know the deadline but have to contact them and get that addressed.
  • dittoditto Member Posts: 6
    I've bought a 2005 FX35 with 19,000 miles on it, one owner. I have brought it in 3 times for a rattle which sounds like it is coming from the passenger side under the car inbetween the front and rear tires. The dealership has heard it, sometimes it goes away, but currently it is back at the 'shop' trying to get fixed again...any ideas what this rattle may be?
  • jimityjimity Member Posts: 10
    Here is an update for everyone. My cars problems continue to get worse - and I'm doing my part to document it on video. I contacted Infiniti about a Buy Back and they called me back this afternoon to tell me they would not (even though the car does meet California Lemon Law requirements and they have videos showing the problem). Infiniti said I need to take my vehicle in for repair and allow them to keep it for 3 weeks. I asked for a comparable loaner vehicle and Infiniti Consumer Affairs indicated that is not provided by the warranty. The Infiniti Rep indicated I could drive my BMW Z4 while the Infiniti was being repaired. Not a good alternative when I would still be paying for a new Infiniti SUV.

I'm now forced to give up my 4 month old new Infiniti FX35 for 3 weeks. I just spoke with the dealer service manager and he said he understands my frustration and would do everything he could to get me a comparable vehicle for the 3 weeks.

The dealer is doing a good job to help the situation, but Infiniti itself is not seeing this as an important safety issue. Any advice on getting Infiniti to make consumer safety a high priority?

Jim
    Southern California
  • sweeedesweeede Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a used FX35 over here in Sweden. Trouble is the ones you can find are imported, as Infiniti won't launch here 'till 2008 :cry: Those available are few and far between. The AWD over here is way expensive, but I've found a RWD in good condition. As it snows a tad over here, I'm looking for anyone with REAL experience of the RWD in snow
  • wallys67wallys67 Member Posts: 4
    Should I use front airbags and seatbelts from Murano in FX35?
  • rizmaniarizmania Member Posts: 2
    My 2004 FX 35 with tech had cruise control for 1 day, hasn't worked since. Dealer wants the car for days to try and fix. Now I find out tire pressure system is all out of wack. Tires are all close to bald down center due to overinflation. 15K miles on car. When I manually check each tire then look at system it shows 4 different #'s some 4-5 PSI below what it should read. Anyone else experiencing problems with Tire Pressure System.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please visit one of these discussions and report on your mpg. Thanks!

Infiniti FX45: Real World MPG

Infiniti FX35: Real World MPG

Steve, Host
  • fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    Yes, mine is two to three psi below the actual hand held tire gage that I have, but mine pressure monitor system is consistence with all four tires.
  • atfryaratfryar Member Posts: 30
    Could've sworn I saw a post about this before but I can't find it anywhere. My apologies if this has already been covered but...

Any idea the correct way to hook up the cargo net in the rear of an FX35???

Thanks!
  • krodrenkrodren Member Posts: 31
    My dealer has been recommending an "engine flush" (appears to be a super oil change) since a year after buying my '03 fx. Obviously not a manufacturer required service, but I've never even heard of it? Anyone else know about it?
  • thebunkthebunk Member Posts: 6
    Don't do it !! it's not worth it nor is it even good for the engine. It can affect seals that can lead to other problems. The "Flush" gimmick has been around for years but it's just a
    needless gimmick to generate added cost to you.
    I've just been informed by my Infinity dealership that there is a design flaw with the 2005 fx35's. The flaw is that the parking brake cables always come loose and make rattling noises on the car. My dealership contacted the manufacturer and they said nothing could be done about it. Has anyone experienced this same problem?
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Just wanted to share my story. I bought the FX35 Loaded sans satellite radio and roof rails in April of 03 just a couple months after it's release. I got an excellent deal from Grubb's Infiniti in Dallas and Leased the car for 39 months.

I have to say this was the best Car/SUV whatever you want to call it I have ever owned. It had some glitches which I have posted about here but anyone who spent time in my car misses it as much as I do. Well my lease was for 39 months and 49.5 thousand miles my car which I drove daily had 68k thousand miles on it in month 38. So of course not wanting to write infiniti a big check I looked to trade it in.

My car being such high mileage was hard to put a good price on cause most available in my area had about 2/3 the miles but were priced around 10k higher then "book" value for my car. I first tried to work a deal on a 2007 camry.. However Toyota dealerships are an arrogant bunch. They offered me 20k for the car (while they had a 03 touring only on the lot with 40k for 34k) politely told them no and walked out. Next day went to carmax. Got a quote on the car for 22k (residual was 21.7k payoff one payment left was 22.3) A week later I went in and sold them the car. Gave them basically half my last payment and walked away..

I know many people have lease horror stories but if you pick a good car and get a good deal I see no problems with it. Enjoy your FX's I know I enjoyed mine.
  • ttummyttummy Member Posts: 6
    1) those options, except the door mounted seat memory, were availble on the older FXs as part of the tech package, 2003, 2004, 2005

4) Part of tech package on previous models, 2003, 2004, 2005

6) Part of tech package on previous models, 2003, 2004, 2005
  • nascarqueen24nascarqueen24 Member Posts: 25
    A good morning everyone:

From Toronto, Canada. Seriously considering an FX35.

It seems to me that Infiniti is not terribly interested in pushing sales of the FX - the incentives for July onwards is O for the FX.

Am I missing something? Are sales that good (gee, down -38% over this time last year)???????

I wish to purchase for cash and the 3 dealers I have spoken to are not terribly motivated.

Is CASH too old fashioned?

NascarQueen24
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    When you finance, the paper is usually carried by someone other than the dealer (unless you are buying used from a "mouse" house, where the owner does financing for buyers). The financing company or bank will pay the dealer off and the dealer won't appear on the title as a lienholder at all.

So the dealer is going to get cash for the deal either way. They may make a few points more for referring you to their partnered financing company in fact.

You could try a blast email to the internet managers of some local dealers or solicit quotes from them (we don't have a quote link for Canadian dealers, but most dealers have some sort of web presence now). Or call them for their fax number and blast a fax. (link)

See the Infiniti FX45 / FX35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion for more tips and pricing ideas.

You may like the Why don't dealers want to make money? discussion too. :shades:

Steve, Host
    Dear Steve:

Thank you very much for your kind post and the links to the "why dealers...". Very interesting.

I am obviously a "old fashioned" person - paying cash for a vehicle - yikes!

I will do precisely what you suggest - I like "tendering" for specific items - I tender alot at work - so it is a format I am comfortable with.

Kindest Regards Steve

NascarQueen24
  • vanhalenabevanhalenabe Member Posts: 20
    NascarQueen24,

Excellent post. I have been in the market for a sporty SUV, crossover. The FX35 (Sport, Touring) is my first choice.

I am VERY surprised that Infiniti has not offered any better incentives. I am looking to purchase the car, and was hoping for a good APR special by now.

Last year, they offered 1.9% (24, 36 months) and 2.9% (48, 60 mths) financing.

I have been in touch with my dealership since April. No APR deals in April, May, June, and now July. This is despite the "Limited Engagement Sales Event" promotion that is going on until July 31st. I was shocked there was no APR special this month.

As you stated, Infiniti sales have really fallen off. Yet my dealer acts like Sales are still good. The best I could negotiate in Dallas was $750 over invoice.

Here are the Sales numbers from Nissan's website. Comparing Calendar Year to Date 2006 to Calendar Year to Date 2005. Basically, Jan thru June. All models have fallen off, except for the M:

I35 -- Down 99.9%
    G35 Sedan -- Down 18.6%
    G35 Coupe -- Down 19.5%
    M -- Up 38.1%
    Q45 -- Down 53.6%
    QX56 -- Down 17.1%
    FX -- Down 22.4%

If Infiniti doesn't offer an APR special soon, then I have to at least consider some other crossovers. Like the upcoming Acura RDX, due for nationwide release on August 10. The longer Infiniti waits, the more time I have to look at competitors. They are blowing it, and don't have the strong sales to back up their decision.

Thanks,
    vanhalenabe
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    Do Infiniti dealers offer a mod to make it so you can plug in your ipod through your radio?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I also have been somewhat baffled by the lack
    of good deals on the FX. I mean, it's not
    like you see a whole lot of them on the road,
    particularly in my home town in the Tampa Bay
    area. But I am getting ready to read that
    column about "Why don't the dealers want to
    make money?" Maybe it will shed some light
    on this for me.
    A good morning everyone and Vanhalenabe and Maximafan:

I too am bewildered by the lack of agressive promotion by Infiniti. Lexus and Acura are beating them handsdown on sales.

Using the supply/demand curve - the lack of promotions is likely linked to limited supply - Infiniti does not need to sell much more - there is a low supply out there - Does this make sense???? - Sales happen when there is an oversupply of product!

I live in Toronto and there are a million yuppies here that drive all manner of high end vehicles - only a few are Infiniti's and the Lexus RX330 is THE vehicle of choice. I spend lots of time looking for FX's on the road, so I have a good idea on what % of vehicles are Bimmers, Audi's etc.

I did read that Infiniti keeps very tight inventory control - so perhaps they are not too interested in selling because they keep limited inventory on the lots.

Infiniti products are top quality - but the management of this company seems disinterested in growing market share.

I got a quote from a dealer last Wednesday and they have NOT called back to follow up - I said I would buy cash and put a deposit on my VISA - nothing! I presume the sales rep is either stupid or the dealership does not care. They only have 3 FX's on the lot - I guess that influences them, but they can get product from elsewhere.

Amazing, a potential $63,000 CDN sale, and they do not follow up - they have my fax, office and home phone!

I am really not impressed with Infiniti so far, but, I will likely get an FX anyway.

Gee, what ever happened to competitiveness?

NascarQueen24
    NascarQueen24 and Maximafan,

Thanks for the replies. I agree with all of your points, except for the marketing. It seems to me that Infiniti IS picking up the marketing for the FX this year. Have you seen all of the ads about the "320 hp FX45"? I subscribe to both Car & Driver and Motor Trend, and they have Infiniti FX full page ads every month.

The FX is still a clear leader in terms of style and performance. But it is way behind Acura and Lexus in terms of technology.

The car has aged well, but I do have a little reservation about buying a car that is already 3-4 years old and at the end of its cycle. While the styling still blows me away, it is no longer fresh to most people. And I keep wondering what the next FX will be like and how much better it will be.

The Acura RDX does not have the same sense of style, IMHO. But the performance will be comparable and they will have much better technology. They will have an iPod jack as standard equipment, which I don't think you can buy from Infiniti at any price.

If Infiniti would just offer an attractive APR, I would be ready to buy NOW. What's the point of the "Limited Engagement Summer Event", if you are only offering Lease Specials. It seems like the smart thing would be to cater to both Leases and Purchases.

Unlike your experience NascarQueen24, I have at least had an excellent dealership response from Sewell Infiniti in Dallas. I first contacted them last year, but had to delay my purchase until this year. I have had the same salesperson and good, consistent contact. Unfortunately, Sewell Infiniti has no influence on any factory APR specials.

Thanks.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    I'll tell you what: Maybe I'm getting older
    and just more patient or mature, but my last
    four purchases over the last ten years were
    usually based on emotion; i.e, loved the car
    or had to have the car. I didn't bother to
    even cross-shop other similar cars. I always
    seemed to buy "the" car that I wanted and
    could afford at the time. And I'm sure the
    deals I got were probably not very good, but
    the terms were liveable.

Now, it's a different story. I have been
    researching probably over eight different
    model of vehicles. But none of them brings
    out that emotion or excitement that I used
    to get. I don't know. Maybe because they're
    quite a bit more expensive too. I've
    usually heard positive things about
    Infiniti's treatment of its customers in the
    service department, so I've been trying to
    keep Infiniti in my sights; also, due to my
    positive experience in the four years of
    driving my Maxima.
    But, actually, the only car right now that
    keeps coming back to the top of my list when
    you combine all the necessary qualities I
    guess most people are looking for, including
    price, is the Acura TL.

Getting back to FX sales, in my area, when I
    look through the Saturday Tribune ads for
    the lease deals, it's just ridiculous.
    All of the Infiniti ads want you to put down
    4 or 5,000 down on a lease! Preposterous!
    To be fair, a lot of the other lease ads for
    other manufacturers are just as bad.

Although I think the FX is a really cool
    vehicle and gives me a little more
    flexibility, being that it's a cross-over
    SUV, I could easily walk away from this car
    if I think I can find a better deal on
    a different car.
    I guess I'm all grown up now and can use my
    head more than my heart. That's a good
    thing, right?
    On the other hand, for those of you who are driving an FX right now, you get to drive a cool vehicle that you don't have to worry about seeing a lot of these cars on the road. A little bit of exclusivity!
    Great posts folks.

Love the FX, but sure there are other vehicles which have an equal or better bundle of attributes. I am happy to know the FX has an excellent reliability record (I am a daughter of a mechanic).

I will get the FX because I totally adore the style and the fact it is different from the herd (all emotional)- this is important to me - I currently drive a mini-wagon (bought in my previous conservative and best value mindset).

I just do not see many of them here in TO - and there is 6 million people in the Toronto area.

Also, I checked the dealer inventory for FX's across the entire Canada - less than 50 FX units in total - obviously why the dealers don't seem too hungry - maybe different in the US.

Thanks to all for posting.

NascarQueen24
  • bfrdodgerbfrdodger Member Posts: 1
    I am prepared to purchase a 2006 FX 45, does anyone have any input on next years model? My dealer claims Infinity is about to start their yearend model sale, would hate to save a few percent just to find out the '07s had more to offer.
  • martin54martin54 Member Posts: 2
    See Nissan-Infiniti News site.
    MP3 capable and new seat belt warning.
    Tat is about it.
  • damavrdamavr Member Posts: 15
    Enhancements to the 2007 FX45/FX35 include:
    · Standard pre-wiring for iPod accessory
    · 18-inch wheel paint color changed from silver to titanium
    · New seat belt reminder system
    · Power folding sideview mirrors now standard on FX45
  • mdsequoiamdsequoia Member Posts: 22
    I am starting the search for a mid sized but luxury SUV and the FX has always been at the top of my list, bu the clincher for me was driving one as a rental car in Denver last year for 3 days. What a joy it was to drive, comformable and the tight steering made it a joy to drive.

I stopped into the local dealer yesterday to get some info and check over the current models features and was glad to hear about the ipod integration coming next year with the 2007's. The rep mentioned next year would be an exterior refresh and 2008's would be all new. I like the current styel and would rather get the look and feel I have driven rather than take on a new look and feel. One good thing is our Toyota wants our trades (well serviced) and my wife wants another Solara before they kill it off for a new coupe in 2008 so it will be easy to get rid of our matching set.
    Unofficially the folks on the other Infiniti FX Org forum have found a way to use the Nissan iPod Gateway. We've tested it on a 2003, my 2004 FX45, and a few 2006 FXs and they work for the most part. There are a few issues such as the steeringwheel controls and the FF/RWD buttons. You can read about it on the other forum.
    If you drove a 2005 model, then you will be surprised with the 2006. Infiniti heavily revised the shock absorbers and other suspension parts. Also the interior and exterior have changed. The changes for 2007 are minimal though. There is also an iPod solution for older model FXs now too.
    Ttummy,

What kind of solutions for the ipod does Infiniti has for the older models FX, I have an '04. Thanks!
  • sphere99sphere99 Member Posts: 36
    I am looking to replace this myself has anyone done this?
    I was just wondering if anyone was less concerned about the 'updates' to the newer models and were concerned about the current design flaws.....??
    What kind of design flaws are you talking about? The only one I can think of right now is the stupid fresh air from the outside is year round hot when I use the fan not the AC, and a huge blind spot. :mad:
  • driverdandriverdan Member Posts: 5
    I am replacing a dodge minivan, and I wondered if others have made the transition to this (or a Lexus RX). The test drive was excellent, but I have not tested it with my two kids.

I liked the way this drives more than the RX, and could no doubt be happy with either one (or maybe a Highlander)

Obviously a lot less room than a minivan, and I still question if we're ready for the switch, but we rarely have more than 4 or 5 people in the car so number of seats is not too big a concern. I could see the need to put a pod on top for vacations but for day to day hauling the cargo area looks big enough. I was wondering if other parents have had any regrets about switching to an FX (or RX), and also if the kids are comfortable on long trips with the partially reclining back seats.
    I was told by the Infinity Dealership who I bought the car from, that they contacted the manufacturer and they admitted to a design flaw with the parking brake cable. I had to take my car in numerous times after buying it for a loud rattle under the car when going over bumps. The service manager actually drove another FX on their lot and the same thing happened, which is why he called the manufacturer. So when I get my oil changed they have to tighten up the parking cable as well. Not a safety issue just a huge annoyance after purchasing a new luxury car. Haven't had a problem with warm air and the fan....yet.

The only way to hear the rattle is with your your passenger window down, no radio etc...
    You did not tell us your how old your kids are so I can only assume they are old enough to be out of booster or infant car seats. I am trying to do the opposite of what you are thinking of doing. I have a four-year-old and another one on the way so I am looking into selling my 2004 FX35, which I bought brand new at the begining of 2005, and possibly purchase a Honda Odyssey. I think with four adults in the FX is fine, five might be a little squeeze and then again it all depends how tall they are. However, in my case to have two children car seats in the back plus my wife and that would not work. Just to be sure, I think you need to take the normal occupants that would be riding in the FX on the test drive as well. As far as handling and the fun drive factor, the FX would beat the Highlander and RX350 any day. I know this because I have drove all three of these SUV already, but that is just my opinion. I hope that helps. :D
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    We've had our FX since 2003 when it was initially released. My twins were around 18 months then. Now, they are 5 and are both in Britax Parkway booster seats. With the 2 childseats and both my wife and I in the front, there is plenty of passenger space. With another adult in the back, it is a tight fit and would likely be a bit uncomfortable for the adult sitting there on long trips, but is OK on short trips. My wife hasn't sat with the twins since they became toddlers, and frankly, never really felt the need to. If the kids really need some parental attention during a trip, we prefer to stop and address it then. On short trips, this has never really become an issue.

We've talked about shifting to a minivan, but with only 4 people to sit 99% of the time, we felt it wasn't really a necessity. We felt that gaining more passenger space by sacrificing the awesome ride and handling the characteristics of the FX was not worth it, to us, anyway.

On long trips, I do have a Thule Evolution 1600 that I use and it gobbles up most of what we would need.
  • cruzdavecruzdave Member Posts: 7
    The hot fresh air aggrevates me to no end. My dealer thought something was wrong and spent many hours. Their writeup of test said: outside air 58 degrees, vent air inside 108 degrees. Corporate told them it was working as designed. Has your dealer specifically said it's a design flaw?

Dave
    Mandeville, LA
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Member Posts: 65
    I have a 04 FX35. It has the same problem, which has been reported several times on this board. It is a design flaw, IMO.
    I have not had a chance to bring it in. I guess, it is bad, but I have learned to live with it and the same had happened to my old 2001 Lexus IS300. However, now that we have brought up the issue I just might bring it up on my next oil change.
  • cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    I am also facing similar questions as you are. When I bought my Fx I was single, but now I am married with a 6 month old baby, and am planning to replace the wife's car in the next few months.

As a long term - 2004 - FX/35 owner (who loves his FX), one key thing you should consider (with your family in mind) is that FX/35 is a "quasi-sports" car with a greater emphasis on the SPORTS than the utility (as compared to the RX 350 or any minivan). As such the FX/35 even with the 18 inch wheels has a very stiff (busy) ride with sharp tire impact on "rough" roads [[I drive 112 miles round trip with my FX to and from work in Down-town chicago and the roads up-north are riddled with pot-holes and yet my Wife's QX4 does a much better job in isolating impacts. But it lacks FX's sharp, muscular reflexes and more rapid rate of acceleration that will add to greater safety]].

If you live in areas with smooth highways then no problem, but otherwise consider the RX, which I must say is a superb car as far as comfort and isolation. Also, If you can get passed the smaller cargo space (My Wife almost always wishes for a bit more space because even with a compact stroller for our daughter and her stuff we still need a bit more utility).

In nut shell, If you value sports and the uniqeness (over pure family comfort) then get the fx. It is also the highest rated Cross over as-far-as the Reliability (see consumer reports). I will still buy the fx in a heart-best for myself, but I would buy the RX 350 for my wife and family.
    I have twins and I never really had a problem with the cargo space. When the kids were smaller, we never really brought things that some friends of ours constantly brought, like pack and plays, etc. We had a Combi Twin Savvy double-stroller which folded into a really compact unit and weighed only 15 lbs. On longer trips, I had a cargo box that compensated for the smallish cargo area.

The 18" wheels on the FX are not as busy as the 20". But, if comparing the FX to the RX, the RX would win hands down for comfort. However, the FX runs circles around the RX in terms of handling and maneuverability. So, if main criteria is comfort, the RX it is. But, if you'd like some sport and handling in your babymobile, I'd always pick the FX. It is a sportscar with a backpack.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    "The 18" wheels on the FX are not as busy as the 20". But, if comparing the FX to the RX, the RX would win hands down for comfort. However, the FX runs circles around the RX in terms of handling and maneuverability. So, if main criteria is comfort, the RX it is. But, if you'd like some sport and handling in your babymobile, I'd always pick the FX. It is a sportscar with a backpack."

We have both, and what you said here is right on the money. Another thing I would add is that the steering feel in the FX is vastly superior, thanks in large part to its rear-drive bias.
    We have both, and what you said here is right on the money. Another thing I would add is that the steering feel in the FX is vastly superior, thanks in large part to its rear-drive bias.

Oh yeah, that too... :)
  • iamgeorgeiamgeorge Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, I've been reading this great forum for 2 years now and I bought a FX35 all wheel drive last year.(2005 FX35 ALL-W)

Driving it is fun, I love it. The only thing I noticed is: I need to adjust the steering wheel constantly, though a tiny bit, to keep my car go straight. Does it need alignment service? At first I thought it was normal for rear drive car.

Last week, I got a flat tire on rear-left tire and I kept driving it for about 5 km before I stopped. Did that affect my alignment? Or worsen my alignment issue?

There is a nissan dealer just 2 km away from my home and infiniti dealer is about 18 km. Could the nissan dealer do a decent alignment service on my FX35?

Thanks very much, BTW, I am in Canada.
    :confuse:
  • gfostergfoster Member Posts: 10
    The same thing happened to my neighbor and I. We've each had 2 break-ins with no alarm alerts. My car is parked just outside my bedroom window, which I would have heard if sounded. I reported this to consumer affairs at infiniti but they had not come across this issue. In both cases, a screw driver or some device was used to hold the lock down long enough for the windows to roll down automatically. Needless to say, I'm a little annoyed that a $47k car can't get an alarm to sound if someone is breaking into your car.
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long email, but I wanted to post my thoughts after seeing and recently driving the new Acura RDX at the RDX Turbobash. I drove the car on Tuesday, August 22nd, at a Dallas dealership.

I am currently in the market for a new, sporty SUV. My wife drives an Acura MDX owner and don't need another mid-size SUV with 3 row seating. 2 rows are fine, but I am looking for something with great performance and handling. My current car is a 2-door Mazda MX-6 with a 5-speed manual, and it is fun to drive. I just need a real backseat and some practicality with a growing family.

The crossover SUV at the top of my list was the Infiniti FX35. Great handling vehicle and I LOVE the styling. However, the amount of features (at the price) left a lot to be desired. I am looking at a 2006 RWD model, with Touring, Sport, and Hands-Free.

On paper, the RDX looked like a real winner. Even paying full MSRP, it was cheaper than the FX35. For that price, it also came with a Navigation System, an iPod jack, Paddle Shifters, and a much better Stereo. The RDX looked pretty good, inside & out, from the brochure I had. We were also Acura owners, and had confidence the Acura brand.

Unfortunately, I left the Acura dealership disappointed.

First of all, the exterior look simply didn't do it for me. The "proportions" were off and so was the "stance". Hard to describe, but it just didn't look right to me. My wife didn't like it all. The FX35 simply blows it away, in terms of appearance.

I was also disappointed with the interior. It looked good in pictures, but when you sit inside it feels a little cheaper than the Infiniti FX. Infiniti uses real aluminum for example. Flipping the 2nd row seats down was not as easy, as you have to first flip the lower half of the seat forward, before you can flip the seat back down. Otherwise, the 2nd row does not fold flat.

The Stereo was great and the Nav with Traffic was cool. But the paddle shifters felt very cheap and plasticky to me -- like they would break easily.

And to top it off, we got a "Brake Malfunction" warning message during the test drive. We were able to clear the message by turning the car on & off, but that was cause for concern. My wife and I are already wary of buying a car, ANY car, in its first year of production. A 2006 FX would be in its 3rd/4th year, and the VQ engine seems to be very reliable. As oppossed to a brand new, TURBO engine from Acura.

But I was willing to take a chance on reliability, for the trade-off in extra features and gadgets. Ultimately, it was the mediocore exterior and interior styling that turned me completely off.

Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and styling is very subjective. The dealership said they had sold 10 vehicles and had only delivered 2. Full price, MSRP. Plus a $595 "Protection Package". No room for discounting, and people are putting down deposits sight unseen. So, I have to admit the RDX is popular out of the gate.

But I can't get over the exterior and interior and am very disappointed. I had wanted to like the RDX, so that it could be a contender with the FX35. But it has been officially crossed off my list.

At this point, I am hoping that Infiniti will offer an APR special as I am ready to buy now. If they don't have an APR special for a few months, I will have to also consider the 2007 G35. This car is beautifully curved, like the FX, but also has up-to-date features and technology.

Either way, I'm hoping to be an Infiniti owner soon. Thanks.
    A good morning:

Responding to the poster comparing the Acura RDX - in Canada I saw the 1st add on the "end of season sale".

2.9% PURCHASE financing on all Infinity

4.9% LEASE financing on the FX's
    2.9% LEASE financing on the G35

So, one can see they have a larger inventory of G35 than FX's.

I too will wait until the FX backlog at NJ pier is cleared and I see more inventory at the Ontario, Canada dealers. Right now, there are not many FX's on the lots - even though not many seem to be selling.

Gas prices are much higher in Canada - so likely makes FX sales worse.

Interesting - a recent review of the new Mazda 7 noted this vehicle takes PREMIUM gas - wow! Betcha lots of folks miss that one in the rush to get this very popular vehicle.

I love the Mazda MX6 - I have a 1988!

NascarQueen24
  • iamgeorgeiamgeorge Member Posts: 4
    I had driven 2006 G35 twice when I brought my fx35 to service, not sure what they will improve on 2007 G35, the current interior of G35 is not as good as that of fx35. FYI,