Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Rattles

Comments

• rlcarrlcar Member Posts: 2
    I thought I was specially picky about the rattles on my 2002 Camry. For that I went to dealer several times and they could not fix it. That is my 3rd year with the noisy baby and it seems the problem will not go away as long as I own the car. My previous 91' Camry (which had almost 90000 miles when I got it) did not rattle a bit in the 4 years peaceful time I spent with it. The new Camry is more comfortable in many ways but it tarnishes the reputation Toyota built up in the last 2 decades (mostly from those reliable Camry)Toyota has built a car that disappoints many loyal customers with a name people have long believed. What a shame !
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    Funny thing, back in '02 when I complained about door noises the tech lubed them. It got better but I still swear there is noise in the seat belt heighter area. Anyway the other noises always came back so I'd have him re-lube evrything at each oil change. At one point he said Toyota reccomened not using the regular lube as it actually made matters worse because of build up or something. The next time I go in I will find out what they use. Nevertheless I still have noises in the seat belt door pillar area, radio area and of late horrible popping noises by the front passenger speaker area. The cooler weather coming will no doubt bring the return of the windshield pops that the new cowl did not cure last year. I have confined my visits to oil change intervals. I bought the Camry because my time was valuable and I wasted too much of it on trips to the dealer when I had my Ford. If I brought the Camry in everytime I had a creak or rattle it would easily be over two dozen visits. When I do the problem is the usual, 'well it did not do it for us', or 'we did not hear the noise', or 'they all do that'. When I hear these exceuses it reminds me og the good ol' days with my Ford!
  • driveitalotdriveitalot Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 LE, with leather and now 118,000 trouble free miles... I travel most of NC and have enjoyed the car. It has never had the first rattle anywhere. The 2005 XLS's look nice and I am thinking of buying one. But, I can't stand a rattle trap. Based on what I am reading here, this trouble started with the current change over body style. Should I keep old reliable and stay away from the new camry's? T
  • junepugjunepug Member Posts: 161
    In defense of the Camry, I must state that we own a 2002 V6 LE and have not experienced one rattle in over 23,000 miles. BTW, the car was built in the Kentucky plant. There are other posters that have said the same thing. Just seems that people that have problem cars complain more than people with trouble free cars rave.
  • slov98slov98 Member Posts: 112
    most amount of rattles seemed to be in the 2002 models and less each year thereafter.you may want to wait longer to see if posts about rattles show up from 05 owners.
    The problems in the 02 are the same found in the 03 and 04s. The only design change I am aware of (or that Toyota was able to cite to me a year ago) was a new cowl part. Your car will rattle. In fairness, some are sensitive to these noises and some are not. Mechanically the car has been flwless offerening a fine ride, decent gas mileage and good accelaeration (4 cylinder). Still the rattles have soured me.
  • ian721ian721 Member Posts: 93
    "Your car will rattle."

Sounds like a wish.
  • pciskowskipciskowski Member Posts: 155
    If were you and I had a car that I enjoyed and is trouble free I would keep it. My '04 has 2,500 miles and I already am trying to figure out how I can trade it off. Between the rattles, the noise in the rear suspension, and the bumpy ride it is driving me insane. I literally dread having to drive it every day.
  • slov98slov98 Member Posts: 112
    I don't know the full story but have you been to the dealer or try a different one? camry and bumpy don't go together, there has to be some kind of a fix.
  • masonmimasonmi Member Posts: 148
    Are the rattles in the 2003 and 2004 models? I test drove a 2003 and didn't find any rattles, otherwise I like the way the Camry handles, just wondered if all models rattled or is it over a period of time?
    We own a 2002 V6 LE with 25,000 miles. The car was built in Kentucky and we have experienced absolutely no rattles with this car. It is one of the best autos we have ever owned.

GO FOR IT!!!
  • solara00solara00 Member Posts: 81
    Hey, the XLE V6 with NAV we bought in April is pretty darn good. Good fuel economy, pretty nice ride, although the transmission doesn't shift as well as '94 and '97 Camrys that we also own. All in all, it's a pretty good car. I'd give the Navigation system an 8.75 on a 1 to 10 scale.

BUT, I believe you will have rattles. I have an especially bad rattle in this 04 model right near the right front dash speaker. On certain roads it is absolutely dreadful. On very smooth roads, not so bad. I rented a Camry last week in L.A. (4 cyl. LE) and it had the very same rattle near the right front speaker on the dash.

We also have the MOST ANNOYING rattle coming from the driver's seat belt heightener area. Don't know what it is, but it is really annoying.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: Do I let some 18 year old "technician" rip my dash and doors apart to fix these rattles, or do I just try to live with them? I cannot imagine that my dash would go back together the way it came from the factory. So I try to put up with a known rattle, rather than take the chance that I'll wind up with more rattles or even worse problems.

Pick your poison. But most people will have some rattles in current day Camrys and that's too bad when you consider how much we pay for a fully-loaded Camry. I hope the new Avalon avoids the rattle problem.
  • mcgirl0730mcgirl0730 Member Posts: 78
    I always have my radio on. And after reading up on the rattle problems, I started listening to my car. So on the way home from school, I didn't have the radio on. And I could hear the rattles, they're annoying! I remember my 99 Corolla was doing the same thing, but I guess I just got used to it. Should I just let it go? Everthing else is fine.
    We have absolutely no rattles with the 02 V6 Camry or the 03 V6 Highlander. The Camry was built in Kentucky.
  • jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    Have a 2003 Camry SE 4 cyl, (built in USA) with about 15,000 miles and a 2003 Highlander 18,000 miles (non Limited) V6..no rattles...no hesitations, (I believe the Camry has drive by wire) no trans issues, no brake issues. Love them both!
    My Camry was built in Kentucky, too. I took it to the dealership this morning and they called me a couple of hours later and said they've fixed the rattles on the center dash and the door sides. They said the put insulation. I hope I wouldn't have any more problems. Everything else is good---transmission, brakes.
  • vcdgeekvcdgeek Member Posts: 4
    i had 2002 Camry(V4). I observed these rattles and took to dealer and he said its fine and again I took after few weeks, even this too he told, thats all, nothing can be done.
    Then I sent mail to Toyota (http://www.toyota.com/html/owners/)
    I got reply stating its forwarded to the dealer, then promptly I got call from dealer to bring back the car.
    I took the car to dealer to tell me by the technician that "his toyota camry v6" also rattles, so don't expect any solution.
    He lubed the windows. noise reduced and I got mail from toyota that the problem is taken care of.
    Folks, I really want to know, How this problem can be taken care of by Toyota?
    I filed a reuest with toyota(file#200405211121).
    Vcdgeek,

After I picked up the car yesterday, I went to my mom's place which was about 10 miles away and I took the freeway. The whole time I didn't have the radio on because I wanted to see if the rattles were gone. I didn't hear anything. But on the way back, I could hear them a little bit. They only put insulation around the areas which were in the center dash and the passenger door side. I asked the Accord owners a couple of days ago if they had the same problem. One of them said the dealership "tightened up" whatever was causing it and everything was fine. I don't know if it's something Toyota can do, too. If it's something they can do and they just try to cover it up, then that's not good. That's like opening your refrigerator, you smell something bad in there and you just get baking soda to get rid of the smell temporarily. They have to get to the root of the problem and not try to just cover it up.
    YUp, ur right.
    As I mentioned, I contacted toyota reg this and was told someone will contact me soon before oct5th.
    Hopfully we get permanent solution to this.
  • stevec10stevec10 Member Posts: 10
    I owned a 2002 LE 4 with a rattle above the radio which was worst in cold weather and a strange noise,like a small plastic ball rolling from one side of the dash to the other when we turned corners. The drivers seat also creaked. These were annoying but were nothing compared to the screeeeeching brakes that our dealership could not fix. We traded for an Accord.
  • murray53murray53 Member Posts: 71
    I think that rattles are an unfortunate consequence of manufacturers' cost saving measures. I have a Honda Accord and it too has a minor rattle from the passenger seat belt height adjuster when no one is sitting in that seat. Of course the salesperson was sitting in the seat when I test drove the car so I didn't hear it then. In some ways I miss my old 1988 Camry. The body was still tight on it (no rattles) even after 16+ years (almost 17) and 139,000 miles. I had new struts put in it at about 99,000 miles and it still rode very well when I finally traded it in two weeks ago.
  • mit1mit1 Member Posts: 18
    WHILE TAKING FINAL TEST DRIVE OF 05 XLE 4 CYL I HEARD RATTLE SOUNDS COMING FROM BACK OF PASS SIDE FRONT SEAT AND REAR AREA /SEAT AREA.PULLED OVER TO CHECK PASS SEAT.HIT BACK OF SEAT WITH HAND AND WAS ABLE TO DUPLICATE SOUND.SOMETHING WAS LOOSE,SOUNDED LIKE BABY RATTLE(NO KIDDING).WENT BACK TO DEALER AND S.MAN DUPLICATED SAME PROBLEM.SUG WE CHECK OTHER XLE 4 CYL,S.HIT BACK OF PASS SEAT ON FIVE DIFFERNT CARS AND NO RATTLE,SO I NIXED DEAL ON THIS CAR AS DEALER HAD NO OTHER COLORS THAT I LIKED.IS THIS QUALITY ISSUE COMMON IN THE LATEST GEN OF CAMRYS.HAVE THEY CHEAPENED THEM UP THAT MUCH.I ALSO FOUND PROBLEM W/RADIO(HISS NOISE COMING FROM ENGINE THRU RADIO)WICH WAS A BAD AMP THAT WAS REPAIRED THE PREVIOUS DAY.SALES MEN VERY PUSHEY WANTED ME TO TAKE CAR HOME WITH RADIO NOISE(FIX LATER) AND YOUR GOING TO NIX DEAL BECAUSE OF RATTLES.WOULD YOU TAKE CAR WITH 2 SERVICE PROBLEMS(NO RESPONSE).
    WHILE TAKING FINAL TEST DRIVE OF 05 XLE 4 CYL I HEARD RATTLE SOUNDS COMING FROM BACK OF PASS SIDE FRONT SEAT AND REAR AREA /SEAT AREA.PULLED OVER TO CHECK PASS SEAT.HIT BACK OF SEAT WITH HAND AND WAS ABLE TO DUPLICATE SOUND.SOMETHING WAS LOOSE,SOUNDED LIKE BABY RATTLE(NO KIDDING).WENT BACK TO DEALER AND S.MAN DUPLICATED SAME PROBLEM.SUG WE CHECK OTHER XLE 4 CYL,S.HIT BACK OF PASS SEAT ON FIVE DIFFERNT CARS AND NO RATTLE,SO I NIXED DEAL ON THIS CAR AS DEALER HAD NO OTHER COLORS THAT I LIKED.IS THIS QUALITY ISSUE COMMON IN THE LATEST GEN OF CAMRYS.HAVE THEY CHEAPENED THEM UP THAT MUCH.I ALSO FOUND PROBLEM W/RADIO(HISS NOISE COMING FROM ENGINE THRU RADIO)WICH WAS A BAD AMP THAT WAS REPAIRED THE PREVIOUS DAY.SALES MEN VERY PUSHEY WANTED ME TO TAKE CAR HOME WITH RADIO NOISE(FIX LATER) AND YOUR GOING TO NIX DEAL BECAUSE OF RATTLES.WOULD YOU TAKE CAR WITH 2 SERVICE PROBLEMS(NO RESPONSE).
  • bd21bd21 Member Posts: 437
    Learn how to post! Typing in CAPS is called SHOUTING and it is very hard to read. Also, posting the same post in two places is not necessary. This board is a great source for information, but it would be more beneficial to you if you use it properly.
  • murray53murray53 Member Posts: 71
    It's a shame that the dealer tried to push this car on you without fixing it first. You were wise to nix the deal. However, it is much easier to read posts in the proper case than all upper case (that's like shouting at the top of your voice when speaking face to face). I tried to find a used 97-01 Camry to avoid this issue but I couldn't find one I really liked at any of the Toyota dealers I checked. Most of them had way too many miles on them or the bodies were too dinged up. I guess many people who have them are happy and aren't so anxious to trade them in. I wound up buying a 2002 Honda Accord SE which so far has been working out well for me. Even this car has some minor quality issues but I guess in this price range we unfortunately have to either live with them or buy a more expensive car. I have driven two 2004 Camry rental cars which didn't seem to have any problems, though. It's hard to tell about rattles because I drove them in the Dallas, TX area over roads that were mostly in good condition.
    Usually rattles are very hard to find and if they are found are only a temporary fix.they would have gladly taken car in service dept a second time.the 05 xle only had 34 miles on it.on the first test drive only found radio problem,no rattles,follow up drive next day after radio repair it had rattles.
  • alan_salan_s Member Posts: 362
    Sorry to add to injury, but my 2002 Avalon also had rattles in the console, driver's door and the doorpost/seatbelt adjustment area. I HATE rattles, and I have fixed them myself. I have NEVER known a dealer to fix rattles. You could remove the mufflers and they would still tell you it sounds normal! Anyway, I bought self-adhesive felt from Home Depot, and disassembled the console and lined all the plastic interfaces with the felt. Ditto inside the driver's door panel. I also tightened every bolt I could find while the panel was off, and adjusted the door-catch flange which tends to work loose. Fortunately Toyota interior panels come apart easily and go back together easily IF you can figure out how they are assembled - without breaking the panels or the various hidden plastic retainers. The problem with the seat-belt adjuster is easily fixed - the bolt securing the top of the seat belt loop to the vertical sliding adjuster needs to be greased. The plastic loop rattles against the retaining bolt. Again, the pillar panels are easy removed, (not so easily replaced) but you need to be careful not to break any of the plastic retainer pins, and also be aware that they tend to pop out during assembly and can fall into crevices. Carefully spraying WD40 using the supplied red "straw" without removing the panels may work.
    Our 2002 Sienna has so many rattles I don't even know where to begin... Dash, rear doors, roof... Even my wife complains and she usually doesn't notice anything wrong with a car - even if the gas gauge points to that little "E"...
    Toyotas certainly are not built the way they used to be. I think they lost something when "Made in Japan" went away.
    Hey Alan,
    Does Toyota produce a manual that shows Average Joe how to remove the console, door panels, and other removable items? I'd be interested in locating some of these rattles myself. Taking them to my dealership would just be asking for trouble.

Let me know if there is a manual for this.

Thanks.
    You can buy service manuals from Toyota which are very expensive, however I have seen third-party manuals at Pep Boys although I have never examined them closely enough to determine whether they provide details on interior disassembly/assembly. Toyota models are very similarly built and share common designs and components. Based on my experience with Avalon, Sienna and prev generation Camry, I may be able to provide some general guidance. What year and model do you want to work on and exactly which areas are rattling? A 2000 Solara? ;-) Some general observations... many rattles are caused by plastic on plastic contact. Plastic flexes a lot, expands and contracts which causes rattles. The contact points need to be insulated with foam or self-adhesive felt, and "tightened up" by strategically placing foam in hidden areas which cause parts to fit together more snugly, or changes the torsional rigidity (ie increases stiffness) which prevents flexing. The hardest part is finding the rattle because sound travels and often the rattle is actually coming from a location opposite from where the sound seems to be coming from. Fixing rattles requires patience and systematic diagnosis and can be time consuming, but it is very satisfying once you finally kill the rattlebug! Toyota use a number of fastening methods. Screws are usually hidden under a plastic or circular disc which is color-mathed and clips to the screw head. These are easily popped off by insering a flathead screwdriver under the disc and gently turning. Expansion pins are used in various places. Their heads appear to have a cicle within a circle. These are removed by pressing the centre of the circle and then pulling on the outer circumference of the head which removes the entire expansion pin. Hidden clips are also used and these are teh worst because they can break if pulled with force. They need to be gently leveraged out by using a flathead screwdriver and applying gentle leverage. They key is finding all these hidden fasteners, in addition to locating exposed screws which are usually in areas that are not normally visible. After all the fasteners are removed, the panel or assembly comes away fairly easily by gently pulling at it. Toyota have devised some ingeneous methods for interlocking these components, which need careful dislocation in order to avoid breakage. Once the panels are removed, apply foam etc along contact points and reassemble, but don't force anything.
    Hey Alan:

I have a new (late April 2004) XLE V6 with Nav.

I have 3 basic (and VERY ANNOYING rattles):

1. The first major rattle is right at the right front speaker on the dash console. If you are on a very smooth road, you won't hear anything. But roads with bumps of any kind produce a consistent rattle. If my spouse holds down on the right front speaker, the rattle does go away. As soon as she lifts her hand, the rattle returns.

2. The second one is a rattle near the left front seat belt height adjuster on the door pillar. Raising or lowering the adjuster doesn't help.

3. The third rattle is close to where the top of the rear window meets the roof on the driver's side. It appears to be the plastic covering that runs down the inside of the rear window.

The worst is the rattle near the right front speaker. I really would hate to see the dealership dissassemble my entire dash to fix this rattle, but maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Sorry about your rattles, Solara. If the speaker rattle goes away when you hold it, then you are already 99% there. I'll take a look at those areas when I'm next at the Toyota dealer and see if I can figure out how to take the speaker grill apart, while resisting the temptation to disassemble the dash on the lot!
    Re your door-pillar rattle - press and release the headliner a few times where the plastic panel meets the headliner. Dos it amke a noise? Toyota uses an adhesive to secure the headliner and it sometimes "crackles". Also, tighten the sunroof tracks and test for rattles by pressing on the sunroof when it is closed, starting from the river's side and moving to teh right. Hear any noises? The roof grab-handle also can make plastic rubbing noises. The rear door panel may be making a noise too, where the inside of the panel meets the inner metal skin. Problem is that noises can travel so you want to examine everything in the immediate area before pulling apart the panels. If you have checked all of the above without luck, then it is time to remove the door-pillar panel...
    Rear windshield - have someone drive the car for you while you are in the back seat and see if you can locate the source of the rattle and if holding the part stops the rattle.
    Let me know...
  • jackson1jackson1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new '04' Camry last month. After one week, the rattle started at 500 miles. It comes behind the radio. When I press radio console, it goes away. After I lift my hand, the car will be quiet a few minutes. It occurs at anytime, but usually after exposure to strong sunshine. At begining, I want to ignore it, but I cannot do it, it really make me crazy. I drove to dealership to fix it last week. The car sound well for only two days after fixing, the same rattle comes back again. I made an appointment with dealership for next rapair. I hope it will dissapear forever, but I aren't confident about this.
  • carcrazy99carcrazy99 Member Posts: 4
    oh my God, i thought i was the only one having this problem. I bought a Camry for the first time in my life and what a disappointment it was. Yes, yes, yes...that rattling from the dashboard is annoying me to death. And the creaky sound from the right side (dont know what it is). Service center tried to fix it...4 or 5 times...were not able to. Tried to get the issue resolved through National Center for Dispute Settlement...no luck. They sided with Toyota. I'm at my wit's end. I dont know what to do. The bumpier, rougher the road, the louder the rattling! We have to do something about this. The artibrator from NCDS, the toyota regional manager were in the car when they had me take it for a test drive. Afterwards, the Toyota fool said he didn't hear anything!!! I think i did see 2 ears, one on each side of his head!!! And the arbitrator said...she heard a slight rattle!!! My God...these people are deaf! We really have to do something about it.
    Still driving our 2002 V6 LE with no rattles. The auto was assembled in Kentucky. Very please with the vehicle.
  • cam2003cam2003 Member Posts: 131
    Is your area blow -5F ? If not, you may not have rattles.
  • steveb29steveb29 Member Posts: 2
    In general, things have gotten better. I think that with the new model, they just need to work through the annoyances. I think I'm just the lucky one to have most of them! :-)
  • carcrazy99carcrazy99 Member Posts: 4
    Wow, another post that i felt explains my situation perfectly. Rattles, bumpy, noise ride, more rattles, and squeaks. This pretty much sums up my experience with the '04 Camry. What a piece of junk!!! I too dread driving this car every day...especially on roads and highways that are a bit more rough! I remember reading a post from someone who suggested that we compile a list of names of Camry owners who are having this rattle problem, but i can't seem to find that post now. What do you all folks who are having the same kinda problems say to that...about compiling a list of names and bringing this huge problem to the attention of Toyota in collectivity?
  • clockerclocker Member Posts: 8
    I had the cowl louver replaced in my 2003 Camry LE late last winter as per the service bulletin because of my windshied creaks (clicking sounds). It seemed to be fine for several weeks. Over the warmer months (I live in IL), the creaking was gone. Now that it's getting colder again, I hear the creaks when the temperature gets colder, especially below 40. The colder, the louder and more frequent. My warranty is up in about 5,000 miles, so I took the car in again this morning to have the dealer address the creaking again. When I made my appointment to drop the car off, I reminded the dealer they had replaced this part last winter as per the service bulletin. The dealer has now ordered another cowl louver. I'm hoping that Toyota has improved this replacement part.
  • fiftytwomvfiftytwomv Member Posts: 4
    Would you please tell me EXACTLY how to remove the cowl so I can insert some high density foam? Thank you.
  • mike32mike32 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 05 camry which had a few rattles. One was in the overhead console. One of the lights was loose. It was replaced. The toughest one to find was around the sun roof. They found that the wiring harness was not properly secured. They connected the clips and the rattle was gone. Must be that American assembly technique.
  • pjmpjm Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Camry LE. Great car, one annoying problem. Occasionally, I will hear a "pop" from the dashboard on the passenger side in the area near the stereo, above the glove compartment. It is especially prevleant in cold weather. My dealer checked it out, added some insulation, and the sound dissappeared when the weather turned warmer. Now that winter is back, so is the occasional "pop". I removed the glove compartment, had a look, and could see nothing amiss. Is this a case of build materials contracting with temperature changes, or am I missing something?
  • cam2003cam2003 Member Posts: 131
    Lately due to cold weather, I had creak noise from top windshield (driver side). It did not happen last year, so I believe as your car getting older, more rattles will occur.

So I followed TSB NV002 for the fix. The creak noise was eliminated completely.
  • chris198chris198 Member Posts: 4
    I was told that the noise and sounds are from the flexing of the body and frame of the car. Apparently the frame is bolted in sections and not one solid piece. If this is the case and there is movement when the car is driven over rough surfaces it makes sense. I don't hear anything when I'm on a smooth surface and the car performs perfectly. it does drive me nuts at times when the noise is louder then the radio, but it is more like a crackling sound. This is a first for me and especially with a new car. All my other vehicles never had anything like this so I'm as confused and frustrated as everyone else. I was told by the service manager that the reason for the bolted together system was for easier repairs to the car if it is in a accident. Hope this make some sense.
    I have not posted in some time...thought I'd see what was going on here. I am not surpised to see tha same issues again and again. It's a sin Toyota has cheapend it car(s) so much. To those who have been claiming Toyota had to work the kinks out (my car was an 02) they have had 3 years and the same problems continue to be reported. To those who fix the rattles themselves...great for you. Personally, why should I have to go to such extremes for a 20K+ car. If I wanted to waste my time I could have bought a Taurus and saves 6 grand!
  • slim2slim2 Member Posts: 20
    I have the ticking windshield cowl noise everyone describes here. Also, intermittent chirping noise (sound like a cricket) behind front passenger airbag (will stop when I press on the airbag cover). The front driver side window ticking I have figured out is from the stiff plastic/vinyl edge trim at the top of the window (this also goes away when I press the trim, so I know that's what's causing it. Window noise I will try the silicone lubricant on. The cowl and dash noises I figure I will live with since I don't trust the dealer to fix , from what I've seen posted here.
    Well, your in good company. Write a letter to Toyota or rip 'em in the appropriate category if you subscribe to any reports that collect user data.
    Not sure if this will hold true but it worked the last two days. In the area near the Passenger speaker in the dash I get a popping type noise in the cold weather, usually when its around 32 - 42 degrees. Of course the car never made the noise when I had it in for service (so they claim) thus they refuse to take the dash apart and tighten anything up---personally I think they just do want to dig in there -- and I do not necesarily blame them! Anyway, I had my wife apply pressure to the speaker grill and noise appeared to stop. She let go an it started again. We did this a few times successfully. I will make mention of this to the dealer and see what they say, if lucky the car will be popping when I go on a test drive with the tech OR there will be a TSB or something on it by now.

In the mean time I found another solution. I took a small extremely soft stuffed animal about 5 inches long and crammed him in there. This is not one of those hard stuffed animal but rather one of those baby soft squeezable ones. It has to be soft enough to wedge in there real good. One of those 'water soaker balls' for the pool would likely work as well however the animal looked better. Anyway, so far so good. If it indeed eliminates the problem I may just leave him there rather than risk the techs fixing one rattle and making 3 more in the process. Ahh the lengths we go to to quiet our Camry's.
  • sunstonesunstone Member Posts: 1
    I bought a used 1995 Toyota Camry and I am ahving a problem with the car alarm. I can find no information on how to disarm the alarm. It is draining the battery, going off at random times and now it seems tha it could be keeping the car from starting.

HELP!
    You'll get more attention if you try another forum! There is a problem and solutions forum - try there.