Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus ZX3 / SVT vs. Honda Civic Si / RSX

1235»

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298
    the stars only relate to vehicles in the same class. in other words a 5 star 'xyx', could get one star against a much larger 'abc', as opposed to another 'xyz'. if the difference between the vehicles is greater than 250 lbs, forget the stars.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • colorcolor Member Posts: 1
    The focus interior is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Sorry, I had to get this out of my system. Even the new redesigned 2005 focus interior cant compete with the 2002 Si interior.

Ford tries to create trends while Honda is consistent and presents timeless designs.

Oh and who cares about 17" wheels when they are ugly as hell. Id prefer saving up a little buying a nice set lightweight ROTAs.
  • badodysseybadodyssey Member Posts: 4
    Honda dropped the ball a bit on the new Si, but I purchased one anyway because I've driven them and REALIZED what I was getting...a practical, fun to drive, RELIABLE car with great resale and a ton of potential.

overall, you want a better performance car out of the box that looks a tad better (barely on both) you buy the Focus...as long as you can wrench!

You want great reliability, bulletproof long term enjoyment, and a car that will cost less to own and will be worth ALOT more in the long run...but a civic. oh, but you will need to change the oil from time to time :)

oh, and as far as looks? I slapped a set of lightweight 17" speedy race modes on the car, dropped it about 1.5" and now have a GREAT looking and great running vehicle! I added a supercharger and now it's just fantastic...and will still be running 10 years from now.
  • john500john500 Member Posts: 409
    Same logic I used when I bought an 03 SI. I liked the 03 Ford Focus SVT and seriously considered getting one. However, at the same price, I went with the Honda for a better statistical chance of not having to replace parts every week in another year. I'd like to see a Honda engine on one of these (my next vehicle- if I can get some reasonably priced land)

http://www.airscooter.com/
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    I added a supercharger and now it's just fantastic...and will still be running 10 years from now.

You added a blower and expect it to last 10 years?

LOL

Good luck with that
  • acer2acer2 Member Posts: 1
    Intresting forum, anyway im thinking about getting a used svt focus. Im really just looking for a cheap performance car that i can have a little fun in, as in from 0-60 and throwing it into tight corners. Can anybody give me some advise because if not i might just go with a use 2002 ford taurus, with the optional 24V V6 of course.

thanks.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    The SVT Focus would be a heck of a lot sportier than the Taurus. The Taurus won't corner that well :( . Plus, you'll have more options available to you on performance and appearance mods on the SVT than on the Taurus.
  • waynebengstonwaynebengston Member Posts: 29
    Base Focus is sportier than a Taurus, unless you are talking about a first gen SHO.

I gave serious consideration to the Civic Si, but could not justify the $22k+ the dealers were wanting(and not willing to deal), vs the $14k for a Focus ST.

Heck, you could get a new ZX3 for $11k, easy.
  • crossrunnercrossrunner Member Posts: 3
    Hi i got a 2002 svt ford focus and want to get a supercharger for it,, live in Michigan and need to know where to find and what it cost
  • crossrunnercrossrunner Member Posts: 3
    hi crossrunner here got a 2002 svt ford focus and looking to put a supercharger on it and need to know where to go to get this done...please reply anyone
  • cz75cz75 Member Posts: 210
    Those posts are almost four years old.
  • razz44razz44 Member Posts: 7
    i am havin idle problems while at a stop anyone have any suggestions
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Post your problem in the Ford Focus Engine Problems discussion. Be sure to include as much detail as you can.
This discussion has been closed.