Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac GTO

1767778798082»

Comments

• cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    The four-speed required gas guzzler tax... There's no way you can compare it to the Vette or M6 GTO, especially on the highway. It's like night and day. It will suck but at least you're .1 sec quicker I think :)
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    xtranaut, i wouldn't try any mods/chips/programming without reading all about others who have tried the same things: ls2gto web site. imho your mpg can only get worse if you alter the factory programming!
    A4 GTOs are expected to get less mpg than M6 models, so that might be the main factor - same thing that caused the gasguzzler tax for the A4 cars...

Re oil: GM sent a letter to all owners warning them the car could burn a quart every 1k miles especially if driver does lots of high-rpm coast-downs. It also warns to check the oil every time one fills the gas tank. I don't!
    I change oil every 10k or 15k miles. Never had to add a quart over those 10k or 15k.
  • xtranautxtranaut Member Posts: 27
    and again, you have to wonder ... why don't they check these things out before they allow the car to go on the market> This has turned out to be a very expensive car to own.
  • roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    Dear Fellow GTO owners,
    If you replaced your strut bushing and/or front radius arm bushing, please read my post on the strut bushing thread.
    Thanks,
    RR70
  • mparismparis Member Posts: 6
    Found water condensate/droplets in my front sealed beam light assembly...2005

what should i do ?? will it evaporate by itself? put the lights on to dry it out?
    please advise...thank you :confuse:
    :) Hello Mparis.. I've seen this occur on my VWs before. and they dried out by themselves just due to cooperative weather perhaps.
    Leaving the lights on probably would speed the drying too.
    I wonder if it is more than a cosmetic concern - corrosion? it can make the light-dispersion-pattern a bit wacky, can't it!?
    Reportedly on GTO and probably other headlight assemblies, there are some little rubber elbow things covering 'vents' on the back of the headlight assembly - so popping those off in dry weather temporarily might speed the dry-out.
    I'll keep an eye on my GTO headlights during the rainy week ahead and will let you know anything interesting about them. :)
    cheers !
  • mparismparis Member Posts: 6
    Thank You again ...for all your good advice ....you all are one of the reasons I kept this car.....there are no reliable dealers ...in New York City ....the GM dealerships do not want anything to do with Pontiacs ...esp. GTOs......very poor customer relations......................miss my Pontiac Dealership ....they loved the GTO .....and always wanted to drive it ...it was a special casr to them.......No More :cry:
    You are most welcome sir! I hope you can find a good GTO mechanic around NYC ! There are most definitely a bunch of GTO owners in NY/NJ area, in a local forum on ls2gto.com - maybe they could recommend a GTO-expert mechanic ...

My local dealership remains excellent at servicing my GTO and they treat it special too. (never leaving it outdoors - parking it in the shop overnight so no other customer/random can crash into it in the parking lot ) .

I hope you got the "4 free mobil 1 oil changes for Pontiac/GTO customers" certficate from GM and have used that during 2010 like I did! Looks like I'll only use 3 of the 4 free oil changes though :)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A reporter hopes to interview one of the few people who bought a new Pontiac recently. Please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com by Thursday, October 21, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.