Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nortsr1nortsr1 Member Posts: 1,060
    what kind of deal they have received on the 2006 Vibe! Please give the total MSRP after all options added and then what you actually paid. Please do not include tax, tags and title fees.
    Thanks
    Eviidently, no one has purchased a 2006 Vibe???
  • mac22mac22 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2005 Vibe GT & want a read on my deal.
    Paid $20.5K for Vibe GT: Black, leather interior, "moon & tunes" package, 17" wheels, spoilers & roof rack. In Brooklyn, NY. Sound right?
    Please post the MSRP bottom line price on the Mulrooney sticker. If you already know the "invoice price with all your options", (be advised that the dealers have a $1500.00 " mfg. to dealer incentive" to get rid of the 2005's. (there is a 500.00 rebate for the customer on the 2006 models, so take it from there.Forget the taxes, title and tags when posting. Was there any dealer added fees?
    If you subtact the $1500.00 from the "invoice price, then I assume you received a good deal (but just remember this model is now one year old as far as trade-in would be considered; however, if you are intending to keep the Vibe for many years, then that part would not be a major factor.
    Let us know. Did that 20.5K include tax, tags and title??? Was it AWD or FWD.???There is almost 3000.00 difference in that alone. We need all the facts.
  • motionmanmotionman Member Posts: 5
    Here is my deal...I am in Dallas Texas...

06 FWD Vibe---500.00 rebate + Concourse 1,000.00
    Auto trans.
    Power package
    Dealer window tint---230.00

I'm paying 17,725.00---Is that a good deal?

Thanks
    Once again, there is not enough info posted. The 17,725.00...was that with the tax, tags and title work or was that before the tax, tags and title work??? If it was with the TT&L, then it was a great deal.
    If it was before TT&L...then here is what I can tell you:
    MSRP $18,690.00 Invoice $17,418.00
    Tint 230.00 230.00
    Total $18,920.00 $17,648.00
    rebate -500.00 - 500.00
    Conquest - 1,000.00 - 1,000.00

Final before TT/L $17,420.00 $16,148.00

This does not include the fact that the taxes are always on the MSRP, in this case$18,690.00. so I really can't give you an out the door figure unless I saw your actual "sales invoice".
    Another thing, when I questioned CarMan about the Conquest incentive..my understanding is the Conquest incentive was only for the 2005 model Vibe, not the 2006 models???) (you mentioned a "Concourse" $1000.00....I don't know what this is.????
    I really don't know if you received a good deal or not...you might have paid
    $300.00 over MSRP or you might have paid a lot less if it is with TT&L:
    Sorry about that...Here is the breakdown that I got from the dealer.

MSRP $19,015.00

Discounted Price $17,998.00
    Adds:
    Tint All Windows $295.00

Total w/ Adds [A] $18,293.00
    Less:
    Rebates
    Customer Cash $500.00
    SmartBuy Bonus $0.00
    Conquest Rebate $1,000.00
    Total Rebates [B] $1,500.00

Equals:
    Net Purchase Price $16,793.00
    Less:
    Trade Allowance [C] $5,500.00
    Subtotal $11,293.00
    Plus:
    Sales Tax $705.81
    Vehicle Inventory Tax $41.04
    License $70.80
    Title $33.00
    Two Year Inspection $21.75
    Documentation Fee $50.00
    Deputy Fee $5.00
    Total TT&L [D] $927.40
    Total Cost A-B-C+D $12,220.40

Down Payment* [E] $0.00
    Payoff For Trade [F] $3,846.53
    Loan Amount A-B-C+D-E+F $16,066.93

Thanks!
    If your MSRP was $19,015 then you got more that just the power package and automatic xmission.You probably got the monotone package also.That's why there is a $325.00 difference in your MSRP and mine (thru Edmunds site) . So yes, it looks like he sold to you at Invoice price.( and for a 2006, that is a GOOD deal plus the rebate and Conquest incentive. The only discepencies that I can see ( and they might be legit, MAYBE) is the "Vehicle inventory tax" of $41.04 (That sounds like an add-on...but I could be wrong)Everything else seems AOK ( I don't know what that $5.00 "Deputy fee' is??
    Your trade-in...I don't have any idea what it was worth, plus you owed $3,846.53 on it that they evidently had to pay off!.
    Motionman: the bottom line is this; As long as you are happy with the deal...THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!!!!
    From now on, your best bet is to pose the question, "Did I get a Good Deal" BEFORE and I repeat BEFORE you buy the vehicle...not afterwards.
    Enjoy your Vibe and I wish you many happy and trouble free miles. ENJOY!!!
    Many thanks for your reply!!! I can tell you where the $325.00 went...It is the advertizing fee that I am charged. Is this ligit?

Thanks!!!
    Don't even ask. You will be disappointed Let me ask you...does your car have the monotone (all one color) or do you have the bottom portion of your Vibe in that greyish plastic type finish called cladding? If you have the monotone (all one color) than the $325.00 will compensate for the adv. fee. Some dealers do charge an advertising fee but that is "negotiable".
    Like I said before...ENJOY IT! Keep us posted as to your experiences with the Vibe in the "Pontiac Vibe" topic here at Edmunds.
    Go to Google.com and type in "Pontiac Vibe Clubs" and get some views from other clubs as well.
    I am getting the cladding. So, they made it sound like it is a must to charge me for the advertising fee. Damn them!!!

I will enjoy it...thanks! I just do not want to be a victim of a car stealership.

Thanks for all your help!!!
    You still did good. They sold it to you for "almost invoice" and then you still received a 500.00 rebate and then another 41000.00 Conquest rebate. That's almost $1500.00 below invoice! Pluys, it is a 2006 not a 2005.
    I gave you the wrong numbers for the Vibe...Sorry! Here are the new numbers...

MSRP $19,015.00

Discounted Price $17,998.00
    Adds:
    Tint All Windows $295.00

Total w/ Adds [A] $18,293.00
    Less:
    Rebates
    Customer Cash $0.00
    SmartBuy Bonus $0.00
    Conquest Rebate $1,000.00
    Total Rebates [B] $1,000.00

Equals:
    Net Purchase Price $17,293.00
    Less:
    Trade Allowance [C] $5,500.00
    Subtotal $11,793.00
    Plus:
    Sales Tax $737.06
    Vehicle Inventory Tax $42.26
    License $70.80
    Title $33.00
    Two Year Inspection $21.75
    Documentation Fee $50.00
    Deputy Fee $5.00
    Total TT&L [D] $959.88
    Total Cost A-B-C+D $12,752.88

Down Payment* [E] $0.00
    Payoff For Trade [F $3,846.53
    Loan Amount A-B-C+D-E+F $16,599.41

Thanks!!!
    Well, it's too late now to post the price!
  • scottay1scottay1 Member Posts: 22
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $ 16,430.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
    WESTERN EDITION VIBE
    PREM. MONOTONE APPEAR. PKG.
    4 SPEED AUTO. TRANSMISSION
    * PREFERRED PACKAGE-INCLUDES:
    * REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    * PROGRAMMABLE PWR DOOR LOCKS
    * WINDOWS, POWER
    * CRUISE CONTROL
    $ 2,000.00
    2.96 AXLE RATIO
    NO CHARGE
    TOTAL OPTIONS $ 2,000.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $ 18,430.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $ 560.00

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $18,990.00

Plus some pinstripes and window tint. $17,500 OTD including all fees, 8% tax.
    They gave me $500 rebate, $500 conquest, $2000 dealer cash. What do ya think???
    Sounds like a great deal!. I can understand the $500.00 rebate and the $500.00 conquest incentive...but then he gave you $2000.00 dealer cash??? Are you sure you didn't get a 2005, as there is a $1500.00 mfg. to dealer cash on the 2005??? Sound too good to be true. Especially since the 8% tax would be over $1000.00, let alone get window tint (probably about $150.00) and pinstripe (probably dealer cost of $50.00). Could you please post the figures as given on the sales invoice???
  • thebutlerthebutler Member Posts: 7
    First I was wondering about the GM Conquest rebate, specifically I don't own a non-GM vehicle, but I would like to get the $500 dollar rebate. So I was wondering, and even had the dealer suggest something like this to me, would transferring the title from someone else (a family member) to myself of a non-GM vehicle get me the rebate? I read all you need is the title of a non-GM vehicle to qualify.

Second: 2006 FWD, Automatic, Power Package, Moons & Toons

MSRP $19,530.00
    Rebates ($500.00)
    Trade ($200.00)
    Tax $1,074.30
    Tags $121.80
    Out The
    Door $19,101.10

I don't really want the Moons & Toons Vibe the dealer has on his lot, but he said that offer was $100 over invoice and he would do the same ($100 over invoice) if I ordered a Vibe without the Moons & Toons.

So does that seem to be decent or should I keep shopping? I was hoping to get one for about $18,100-$18,300. Please suggest away.
    Check out the exact model with options at the Edmunds.com site. It will tell you exactly what the MSRP and the Invoice prices are with the exact options that you want. If you do not want the Moon and Tunes package, why not order the exact vehicle you want for less ( I am sure the dealer will do a dealer search and come up with the vehicle and color you want.
    Yes, you probably could xfer a title from a family member into your name...but there is cost involved and the motor vehicle red tape....and what about insurance once you get that title???....and usually, when getting a title from another person (in most states) requires you to pay a sales tax on the amount that the vehicle is worth according to your state's blue book. Is it really worth $500.00 to go to all that trouble. $100.00 over invoice is certainly a fair offer for a new 2006.
    As I stated previously, check out the "Invoice price" here at Edmunds.Just make sure that the offer is"$100.00 "over invoice' and do your figures from there.
  • woody777woody777 Member Posts: 3
    these forums are for advice only.gm inflates their prices so they have room for so-called rebates. offer 2000 to 4000 less .who really knows what incentives are going on .its supply and demand . now gm looks like its suppling [producing] less cars to create a demand. but it still never hurts to try for less. deal tough.
  • thebutlerthebutler Member Posts: 7
    Well I asked about the Conquest rebate to make sure and yes all you need is a title or registration. In my case it costs me about $100 since I am just transferring the title as a gift (you don't have to pay the tax that way) and no need for insurance or anything since I just want to title not the vehicle.

Now I need to rant about GM's new Red Tag Sales Event. The Vibe I was quoted a price on last week will now cost me about $500 more this week. :confuse: After calling dealers they all told me the $500 cash back GM rebate does no apply with the Red Tag Sales Event price, even though GM's website still states $500 cash back on the 2006 Vibes. Can anyone else contradict this?

Does GM want people to buy their product?
    Im believe I had read in one of the Detroit publications that the REBATES were "definitely applicable". Maybe CarMan at the "rebates and finance" forum can answer this.I will post the question over there and get back to you.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter with a major national daily newspaper would like to hear from consumers who are thinking about buying a vehicle or have just bought one (since Oct. 1) and can comment about how important incentives are/were in their purchase decision. If you have a story to share with the reporter, please respond to predmunds.com with your daytime contact info. and the make/model of the vehicle you bought/are thinking of buying, no later than EOD Tues., November 15, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• doitmydoitmy Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 05 Vibe with a window sticker that states roof rack included. I "built" the 05 Vibe at least 6 times on the GM web site. It did not have cross bars as an orderable option. The next day I called the dealer and he said only side rails were included. He also mentioned all vibes had been shipped this way.(BIG DEAL) GM has tried to redefine the term roof rack. According to it's definition roof rack(side rails included) means no cross bars. I contest that this is comparable to wheelbarrow,red,includes wheel, and then when you go to pick it up they hand you a wheel and state it did not say handles included. This is absurd. I notice they have removed the roof rack inclusion on the 06 web page and added a "utility bar" option. It appears to me they have changed the definition of roof rack as two separate pieces in one case but then use roof rack when it is to their advantage. I have complained to the Attorney General in Washington and if I don't get results I will take them to court on principal. This type of word play has gone on far to long in the automobile industry. Has anyone out there had any luck with this problem?
  • jfranksjfranks Member Posts: 9
    I haven't purchased a new car in 18 years but now I believe I will. Have found an out of state Dealer that has an 05 Vibe with Moon & Tune, Prem, Monotone appearance Pkg, Pwr Group Package, 4 speed auto trans. & 16 Aluminum Wheels.

I am quoted $17,700 not including tax. What say you on this DEAL?

I'm interested!
  • lonewolf2lonewolf2 Member Posts: 4
    Your deal sounds good to me. Online research tells me that the MSRP is $20,105 for the car, the Invoice is $18,563, and the dealer paid $16,549. Therefore, the dealer is making about $1,151 on the car, which I would consider reasonable. I would have purchased a 2005 (due to better incentives and rebates), however there are very few available in my area (guess they were scafed up in the last incentive rush).
    On 12/27, I bought a 2006 Vibe with Power Package, Auto Trans, Sun and Sound and ABS for 20,379 (includes tax and doc fees), minus $500 Conquest Rebate (I owned a Nissan and was therefore eligible) and $2,000 GM Mastercard dollars (I have the older GM Card and can go above the $1,000 limit on the newer cards). I used that combined $2500 as part of the downpayment. So....my out of pocket expense was $17,879. I used GMAC for financing (2.9% for 4 years). The GM Card savings, Conquest rebate and good financing terms is what led me to the Vibe vs. the Toyota Matrix. A similarly equipped Matrix would have run me about $19,500 (and the financing terms were in the 6-7% range).
    Got the GM dealer to include a few small items (pinstripe, door guards and rear mat) as part of the deal. He would not include the luggage rack crossbars (a small gripe of mine is why they are not included in the first place). I have not researched them as yet. Does anyone know what they cost and if the dealer is the only source for them?
    Enjoy your new Vibe if you buy it....I pick mine up at 0930 today. Enjoy the Holidays!!! :shades:
    Appreciate your response. The dealer called me yesterday and agreed to drive it over to my house included in the price (218 mi. one way).

I'm using $3000 off my old style GM card also. I figure if it isn't used soon, I will be considered an "unsecured creditor" when GM files bankruptcy.

I'm real close on pulling the trigger on this deal unless someone can give me a good reason not to do it.

Good luck with your new VIBE!
    Sounds like you have found a dealer who is hungry for a sale; driving over 400 miles roundtrip. If you have $3,000 in addition to the deal you mentionned, you have the deal of the century!! You have moved from the category of very good deal to incredible deal. I did not anticipate buying a GM car and stopped using my card very much a few years ago and collected Continental FF miles instead.

BTW, I do not think GM will be going bankrupt any time soon (although anything is possible), but they are in for some hard times for sure. Uncle Sam will not let them go South, is my guess, but their days as #1 are short lived; Toyota is about to take the crown from them.

Picked up the Vibe as I indicated and so far, so good. Found out that the cross sections for the "roof rack" are $149 each (there are two, so it is about $316 for both) and they are only associated with the 2004 Vibe in the database. "Should" fit the 2005/2006, but no assurances (and they are not returnable). This came from the parts dept. of the Pontiac Dealer. He recommended using Thule cross sections, which cost about the same, but are more sturdy. I think I will wait a bit before I buy anything.

Does anyone out there have any experience with extended warranties? The Vibe should be very reliable (according to Consumer Reports and other online sources), but I am intersted in potentially getting one anyway. I only drive about 6,000 miles a year (work is real close) and in the three year GM Warranty period, I will be well under the 36,00 miles allotted. I am interested in 6 or 7 years coverage and 60-75,000 miles. This seems to run about $900-$1100 based upon an hours surfing. I have done a little research and Warranty Direct (http://www.warrantydirect.com/) seems to be a good deal, but I have no referrals other than their website, Edmunds and a few others (and I do not believe everything I read). So I would appreciate any input as I know there are more than a few poor companies out there (and the GM warranty was around $1600 and they did not have a formal warranty contract for me to review at the time I bought...and it was "buy it now or never").

Anyway, enjoy whatever you decide to buy and be sure to let the Forum know. Happy 2006 (soon)!
    I dealt directly with the owner. He agreed to take off an additional $200 yesterday after I bounced another offer off of him from another dealer close by.

I agreed to the $17,500 offer and they are driving it right to my home next week.

End of year is what did it including last year model. I do think I got a sweet deal. This years' model (2006) is easily $2000 more under the best of negotiations as far as I can tell. AND the models are identical in standard features.

By the way, I found through research, that the right arm rest is too low making it uncomfortable for some people. I found where a new higher one can be obtained for 1/3rd the price that Pontiac wants and it's a direct replacement I am told.

Good luck!
    You definitely got a sweet deal, best of luck. I am in my second day of driving the Vibe and really enjhoy the way it handles (it is raining hard at times today, so it is a pretty good test for the car).

Where do you see the replacement armrest? Was it on a specific website? I do agree that the one provided is too low for practical use and would be interested in a reasonably priced higher on.

Let us know how things work out after you get your new Vibe. Enjoy the highway!!!
  • firebxfirebx Member Posts: 4
    I purchased my Vibe back at the end of September.
    The sticker was 20,885 purchased for 15,685. Then I had $1000 off for GM Card and also additional off from another Credit Card. I am thinking if its not too late they should be able to do more for you on the pricing. The 06's are out there and plentiful now and I considered mine 1.5 years old when I purchased in in September. Look into it a little further and perhaps check out the 06's? Good luck! And bottom line is as long as you are happy with the deal then its a good one!
    Good luck with your purchase I really like mine. Can you post the information regarding the arm rest as I agree with your research but not willing to pay big bucks to purchase. Thanks!
  • hal517hal517 Member Posts: 8
    I'm wondering does GMS price vary between dealers ?

for 06 Vibe with
    SUN AND SOUND PACKAGE
    PREFERRED PACKAGE
    4-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

17685.15 + tax and fees etc.

I have never used the discount before
    Here are the details for the Tall style armrest. What it is is a higher lid
    that uses the same two screws that hold on the original lid for mounting.
    It comes in charcoal grey.

This is listed as for a 2003 Toyota Matrix but it fits exactly and will
    solve the problem of the low armrest. I have already ordered mine!

It can be found at Mechanicsville Toyota in Mechanicsville, VA. Can't post the phone number but it is in the 804 area code.

The part number is 58905-02210-B1.

Order it by phone, not on their website because you will pay more on the
    web. I paid $76.74 including shipping.

This is by far cheaper than you will find anywhere else as it sells for an
    average price of over $220.00 everywhere else I have been to.

p.s. Mine listed for $20,995.00 so I still am happy with the deal. Not worried that it is last years model as I will be keeping it for a long time. I believe I saved about $1000 over this years model in all with the features I got.
    Thats great and thanks for the information. I am hoping to keep mine for a long time as well.
    Thanks again for the info on the armrest. Got it today from toyotaparts.com for $76.83 including shipping and it took all of 2 minutes to install. Definitely is MUCH more comfortable and functional as an armrest and adds another storage compartment. Wonder why Pontiac did not utilize it (unless they were saving a few bucks or wanted money in the aftermarket)? My only human factors complaint now is the fact that the steering column does not telescope (only tilts). Guess you cannot have everything! I have had the Vibe for two weeks now and I must say it is a nice little car. It handles well and is fun to drive.
  • nalnal Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in a Pontiac Vibe base model, 5 speed manual. What do people think about the options - is it worth going for all options?
  • hal517hal517 Member Posts: 8
    Wife bought vibe last week to replace barebones 95 Saturn SL, went with 3 extra’s as below

Auto Trans, because shifting got old on above after 145000 miles.

Preferred package , because no cruise got old after 145000 miles

Sun and Sound Package, because she wanted a convertible by the time she is 45 ... she is 44 so that’s her convertible. :)

Side air bags and antilock brakes IMO GM should include in base instead of lowering base sticker more. IMO
    The new armrest is great and I must say the 05 Vibe seems to be exactly what I needed.

My wife took it on a trip this weekend and also said it is fine.

I actually only find the lighting system a bit confusing along with all the radio knobs but hey, if I keep it for 18 years like the last one I will have it figured out.
  • jstant01jstant01 Member Posts: 65
    I have a 2005 base 5-speed and love it. I test drove an automatic, and my own opinion is that the 5-speed has much better acceleration and is more fun to drive.

As for options, mine came with the "monotone appearance" package (body color cladding), the "power" package (windows, locks, and cruise) and that's it. It meets my needs. The base stereo is fine, and I don't like sun roofs, so I'm happy. The cruise is nice to have since I do quite a bit of highway driving.

The only options I wanted that I didn't get were safety-related. Good luck finding any 5-speed with anti-lock brakes. They just don't make them that way, so you'll have to special order if you want them. I was in a hurry and haven't had anti-lock on my last two vehicles, so it didn't matter to me. I agree wholeheartedly that anti-lock and side airbags should be standard on every vehicle and included in the base price. My 1996 Cavalier had standard anti-lock brakes. GM should have never stopped doing that on their vehicles. Shame on them.

That's my two cents worth. Hope the Vibe works out for you. I love mine and have been averaging well over 35 mpg on the highway with the 5-speed!
  • atlvibeatlvibe Member Posts: 109
    I just bought an 2006 vibe and noticed that it does not have the cross bars on the roof rack. I have seen previous models with these. I want to mount my my bike rack. Guess I will have to pay extra for these. Anyway, am happy w/ a few exceptions. Buzzy engine, no bite from a dead start performance wise. Sunroof, and excellant stereo make up for performance lost. Great Mpg thus far also. However, I am a litle disgusted that on Gm's web site it list 36 mpg but on the real sticker it's 34 mpg. I know it's small but how hard is to post the real mpg? I think it's a kewl car with the Toyota guts to last. Not quite as modern as the new Civic, but still hip and fresh. The Moon and tunes Vibe is a best buy for the Money.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    why not consider installing a Class II hitch on the back and carry your bike that way? I find it a lot simpler to haul my bike that way as I get older; and I feel it is a lot more secure!
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    Purchased a 2006 Vibe from Ewing GMC/Pontiac in Dallas, Texas....ive purchased at least 15 cars over my lifetime and this has to be the best....

Loaded Vibe $21,600 they took my 04 envoy which i was upside down $10K and my old clunky 98 jeep that leaks like crazy and gave me $5K...then gave me employee pricing even though it has ended for the public...$2,000 Rebate and 3.9%....and still walked out at $1,000 under window...woulda been much lower if it were not for the envoy...but it dropped my payments by $266/month and cut my gas expenses in 1/2 compared to the envoy.....

Oh and I recieve free window tinting, free $100 auto detailing, 3 free oil changes.....

Love the hands free cell phone blue tooth adapter and on star...

Nice auto.....if your looking for a fair deal try this dealership i was treated terrific.....
  • xjeepinhamsterxjeepinhamster Member Posts: 3
    I am checking out a 2005 Vibe GT at the dealership my brother is a mechanic at. I work for a company that makes me eligible for GM supplier discount. They are asking 16995. As far as I know it is a base GT, it appears to be monotone blue. It has 350 miles on it. I own two old Jeeps and have a Mazda Tribute also in my household. Would I be eligible for any rebates? I will put at least 5k down and finance the rest for 36 months, no trade-ins...Jeeps are for the trails. Only incentives I have seen right now are for '06 models, 500 cash allowance or 4.9 APR 36 months. Should I request rebates or just make a lower offer? This is my first non- private party purchase since I've been driving, 12 yeqars. I have some pull I guess since my brother works there too...less BS to deal with.
    Sounds like a good deal to me. That price is about what I paid for my base Vibe. Personally, I'm not a fan of the GT, at least based on my test drive experience. Throw in the fact that it requires premium gas (or at least highly recommends it) and I quickly lost interest since the car I was driving at the time also required premium.

Another factor to consider is that your resale value will likely remain at least a bit higher because you will have a 2005 that doesn't start racking up miles until 2006. That happened with my last car - a 2000 Ford Contour SE. I bought it with 70 miles on it February of 2001, so when I traded it in, the miles were "low" for what's expected of a 2000 model year car.

If you're OK with the GT engine and six-speed, I would say go for it! Hope you like to live in high-RPM land! :-)
  • bernhardbernhard Member Posts: 1
    Re: arm rest, how much higher is't does't come forward longer?
    I am only interested in the GT. I have not test driven any Vibes at all but the extra HP and six speed manual are what I'm interested in. It is a base model GT, it has a CD player but doesn't even have power windows. I haven't had a vehicle with power windows in years so I'm sure I can manage. I will try and talk it down to 15500. Resale value doesn't bother me much either. I also have a very short commute currently, 10 miles round trip. I'm lucky if I put 5000 miles a year on my daily driver. Thanks for the reply. I'm almost positive it will be in my driveway this Saturday, I'll post pics when it is.
    I'm sure you will enjoy the car immensely. Hopefully you will have test driven it before buying. If you've browsed the forums, you've undoubtedly seen that the GT doesn't exhibit a whole lot more horsepower than the base Vibe until you wind it up above 5500 RPM or so.

I test drove both, and actually thought the GT felt more "sluggish" in "regular" driving than the base Vibe with a 5-speed. The automatic, of course, felt the most sluggish of all.

Just wanted to pass that along in case you hadn't heard that yet. I've heard that the GT engine is sweet for those who like to drag race and wind up their motor.

Looking forward to the pics!
  • bryanwbryanw Member Posts: 12
    I'm picking up a new 2006 Vibe tomorrow from Forbes Pontiac Buick. It's a base model with auto transmission. I'm not interested in power windows, locks, ABS brakes etc. It's just more to go wrong down the road. I got $803.00 off list price and $1000- credit from the Car Heaven program for scrapping my tired 85 Chev. This made the whole deal appealing and the sales people were very low pressure a real reversal from the high pressure wheelin' n' dealing days of a few years ago. I think the Vibe is the only good product GM has to offer these days. :shades: Bryguy
    The GT is in my driveway. Drove it Saturday...very fast! Completed the purchase and sales agreement after the drive. No power windows or locks, 270 miles. $16,300 + tax/title/registration + 72 month/60,000 mile extended warranty. I put $7,000 down, no trade-in, 4.9% financing through the local credit union ends up being $350/month for 36 months. I'll drive it less than 8k miles/yr and plan on keeping it. Hopefully it's ok these days to drive a car with under 500 miles over 55 mph, or close to double that :blush:

EDIT: I didn't use any rebates or anything, not sure if I could have since it was an 05 that was listed as used although it had only 270 miles on it. It was a GM demo that was brought to auto shows I was told. Carfax tells me it was sold at auction to a dealer in ME and then a few months later again to the dealer I found it at in MA.
  • cutehumorcutehumor Member Posts: 137
    I got three quotes out of 15 pontiac dealers who responded. I guess the dealers don't want me to shop their quotes around. So I went to the lowest one today. I was with the internet sales manager for two hours today. We test drove a 2006 vibe. wife didn't like the salsa color. so he looked it up on the computer to find one in either abyss, neptune, or moonstone. he found one at another dealer said he could swap it only cost an extra $60 to tow and for gas. Of course he wouldn't tell me where the car was located. He's offering invoice for the car and invoice for the options ( 4 speed auto, preferred package, monotone appearance package) which brings it to $17868. Edmunds TMV= $18197. MSRP for car and options = $19015. However, there's a $500 rebate on the vehicle. this dealership told me there is also another $500 conquest rebate on the vehicle if you own an import which I do (the other dealerships didn't mention this in their quote but this one did) Another $500 for GM march madness if I buy a Vibe built before 10/12/05. He had no luck finding one with my options closeby. So here's the jest of my deal: Invoice price -$500 rebate -$500 conquest rebate + $60 swap vehicle+ $249 doc fee + TTL. He snuck that doc fee at the end. When he said that, I asked about advertising fee he said there was none. Then said "I'm not trying to screw you over, we charge $249 doc/processing fee for every deal" One thing that concerned me was that when he was looking at cars in the area built before 10/12/05 for the march madness $500 rebate and the cars built in 2006 he was confused at the invoices and had to ask another salesman. The invoice of the car increased by almost $200 of the newer built model but the MSRPs stayed the same on both with identical options. good deal? This will be my first brand new car that I ever bought. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.