Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Vibe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• use1timeuse1time Member Posts: 13
    I got a great final price because of the GM card rebate points - something that, IMO gives GM a great edge over the competition.
    The experience I had at Carl Black GMC/Pontiac was excellent. I think the dealership and the salesman both deserve mention. The internet salesman - Bob Leyda actually saved me money by taking the time to discuss who the car was for and how it would be used. A kind of you might want to consider this instead of that type of thing.
    As far as the best price possible goes, there's always someone out there with a story about paying this or that. As I said in my other post, I have no complaints about the price we paid. I feel very comfortable that it was in line what other dealers are charging under the "Employee" program. I feel that I got a big break on the paper shuffling fees that most dealerships charge or try to charge ($75 vs $299 in the Greenville, SC area). But you can bet the ranch that someone will get around to posting some supersonic deal that will leave the rest of us thinking; "I knew I could've done better". In support of this, from what I've read on this forum, people who waited for the clearing out of the 2008's did exceptionally well.
    Incidentally, I figure the car gets 34-36 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at ~70. Car is built well, and I have no complaints. It will serve our purposes well.
  • gary_ggary_g Member Posts: 13
    "....and we're out the door for under $15,200. If it wasn't for the GM Card we probably would've taken a strong look at a Hyundai."

You got an outstanding price on that Vibe. Don't second guess yourself - you did great. I can't see a Hyundai comparing in quality with the Vibe that has all Toyota parts. That was one of the selling features for me.

Best to you.
  • iag1iag1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought the 09Vibe during the employee discount for everyone day. Now I have learned that the discount varies from car to car or dealer.Approximatley 10 percent or less.
    Employee Discount below ? % percent
    Rebate 500 $
    GM Reward 700

The sticker with option prefered package,air con,automatic
    was 18,640.
    The car price after the employee discount 17,744...Is that right?

It would have been a great deal , but I signed up for
    LO jack 500+Vehicle Replacement Program 1,000 package.
    Extended Warranty 1900
    Gap Insurance 700

I have no problem with the loan , I have a good FICA score.Loan at 5.35%
    After Sleeping on it and reading the fine prints,I discovered some negative points and so I first cancelled the GAP.No problem there but as soon as the bank paid the dealership.No one wants to help me get the cancellation process started with the all the cancellation which I have the right to have.I informed the third third party company and told them not to process and or cancell it.
    I showed up twice at the dealerrship to tell I dont want it.And rewite the contract.But they said you cant rewrite the contract becuase the bank paid them ,they knew that fact already but no even said,"Yes we can cancel it and then we will just refund the bank"

One of the sales person even told me "are they going to refund you ?" referring to the third party company when they havent gotten the money nor the papers.I have been emailing the dealers finance department, left messages on the voice mail .Then I finally got hold of the finance person, then that person asked the manager first about it my request .Then told me that the papers will be ready the following day for me to complete.
    So I when went back , there was no paper,then the other finance person of the day with an condescending attitude told me to write the letter to cancel it.Now NO ,one not one even told me to write a letter for request for cancellation when I first wanted them those cancelled:mad:
    What the heck have I been doing for for the past 8 days..who is getting my emails ,my messages.. :mad:
    Also they told me I cant cancel the LO Jack when they havent even installed it yet...care to explain anyone.
    Its not over yet because I dont have any confirmation letter and in writting that the amount is going to be returned to the bank.
    I will update this post untill I see that money back in the bank. Or else i will report them to BBB and I will do everything in the book to get them a red mark :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • robrwa123robrwa123 Member Posts: 46
    Sorry Jag1 you're getting a bad dealer. But its a good car. Buy from some other Pontiac dealer willing to actually make a clean, fair deal with you. Or, go up to the owner of the dealership and tell him you're going to give bad reports to GM if you don't get the fair deal you want.

Every one has the right to change their mind on a detail of a major purchase...
  • maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    actually the first part of your advice was the best.....go buy somewhere else. GM doesn't care one toot about their dealerships, or their bad behavior. GM's North America division is in such disarray that they won't intercede on your behalf, nor take any action on your complaint to their customer "service" department. You are on your own: take your business elsewhere. You have them over a barrel; they need the money; you have the power.
  • iag1iag1 Member Posts: 2
    I feel better from reading you posts ,you guys. :cry:

I wish I can go to another dealer...but they wont see anymore after this is over.

The fight is not over until the fat lady sings. :mad:
    Sorry that you've got a problem. I was lucky, my dealer was A-1 all the way. Look what I would suggest you do is take a look at your states laws regarding consumer protection. Just about every state has a phone number that consumer can call for advice. If your state has laws that allow you to back out of a deal within so many business days (I believe most do) and you told your dealer that you made a bad decision and want out within that time period then I just don't see a problem. Hopefully you've got some documentation to backup your claim. If push comes to shove, call your State Attorney's General Office and ask them with whom to file a complaint regarding your situation. There's always a government agency that will look forward to getting involved. Write your version of what happened but don't send it yet. Instead call your dealership and speak to someone in management and CALMLY try to resove the issue one more time. Tell them that if you can't resolved the issue today the email/letter gets sent. They WILL have to respond to the AG's inquiry (there will be one) if you send because a case will be opened. That costs time and money.
    Stay cool and you'll probably win. If you waited a month to do something you
    might have a problem. Good luck.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who recently purchased a new small or mid-sized car and either got great financing or cash back/incentives offered to them . If this is you, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number by Wednesday, October 8, 2008.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Forget about the BBB. Most dealers may not even belong because they would have 100000 bad marks. I'm assuming you just want to ditch the LO Jack and 1900? AFTERMARKET? waranty?

Tell the dealer you want a refund of your money and you will give him a glowing customer survey score. Otherwise you will be very unhappy Tell him if you don't get a survey you will request one. This is one of the major levers (if he is teterring on scores) you can have at this point.

Aftermarket warranty may be already paid and you may need to contact the company for refund terms. Not a GM bumper to bumper warranty for $1900 but some warranty co? 3/36 and 100k mi powertrain already standard. A GM factory 7yr/100k mi b-b warranty extension service contract should have cost $400-700 bucks.

Not to criticize you but why these forums are flooded with "I paid X how did I do?" is beyond me. Signing the docs then researching seems bass -ackwards but it is the rule not the exception here.

Good luck
    --jjf

I bought the 09Vibe during the employee discount for everyone day. Now I have learned that the discount varies from car to car or dealer.Approximatley 10 percent or less.
    Employee Discount below ? % percent
    Rebate 500 $
    GM Reward 700

The sticker with option prefered package,air con,automatic
    was 18,640.
    The car price after the employee discount 17,744...Is that right?

It would have been a great deal , but I signed up for
    LO jack 500+Vehicle Replacement Program 1,000 package.
    Extended Warranty 1900
    Gap Insurance 700

I have no problem with the loan , I have a good FICA score.Loan at 5.35%
    After Sleeping on it and reading the fine prints,I discovered some negative points and so I first cancelled the GAP.No problem there but as soon as the bank paid the dealership.No one wants to help me get the cancellation process started with the all the cancellation which I have the right to have.I informed the third third party company and told them not to process and or cancell it.
    I showed up twice at the dealerrship to tell I dont want it.And rewite the contract.But they said you cant rewrite the contract becuase the bank paid them ,they knew that fact already but no even said,"Yes we can cancel it and then we will just refund the bank"

One of the sales person even told me "are they going to refund you ?" referring to the third party company when they havent gotten the money nor the papers.I have been emailing the dealers finance department, left messages on the voice mail .Then I finally got hold of the finance person, then that person asked the manager first about it my request .Then told me that the papers will be ready the following day for me to complete.
    So I when went back , there was no paper,then the other finance person of the day with an condescending attitude told me to write the letter to cancel it.Now NO ,one not one even told me to write a letter for request for cancellation when I first wanted them those cancelled:mad:
    What the heck have I been doing for for the past 8 days..who is getting my emails ,my messages..
    Also they told me I cant cancel the LO Jack when they havent even installed it yet...care to explain anyone.
    Its not over yet because I dont have any confirmation letter and in writting that the amount is going to be returned to the bank.
    I will update this post untill I see that money back in the bank. Or else i will report them to BBB and I will do everything in the book to get them a red mark
  • sazajosazajo Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a couple of vibes both have same features. 06 bright red has 18100 miles on it and little over 8 months left on factory warranty.14290 asking price. 07 bright blue 2 tone has 32525 miles on it with 14290 asking price also. I have looked at tmv for both with 13800 being 06 tmv and just over 15000 for 07. Curious about others opinions would the low mileage & whats left of factory warranty be better or the 07 with the longer powertrain/roadside warranty be a better deal.
    thanks for your opinions
    oh, I would definitely take the 2006 with the bumper to bumper warranty knowing that I had 8 months to find any defects with the car. That is good piece of mind. As for mileage, it is totally irrelevant. I wouldn't care if the car had 50,000 miles on it because it is a Corolla and has a proven 200,000 engine. Enjoy your Vibe. I now have an '03 and '09.
    Look up the trade in value of your vibe in kbb.com. Try to get it for about trade in value to trade-in+1200 or so. Especially with car sales probably not great. Look at the grading system for excellent good fair etc. Most hi mileage or older cars will be good-fair.

Edmunds Tmv can be way off sometimes. Even if it is a relatively accurate figure for "what others are paying" one has to remember most people aren't great at buying cars.

good luck
    --jjf

I am interested in a couple of vibes both have same features. 06 bright red has 18100 miles on it and little over 8 months left on factory warranty.14290 asking price. 07 bright blue 2 tone has 32525 miles on it with 14290 asking price also. I have looked at tmv for both with 13800 being 06 tmv and just over 15000 for 07. Curious about others opinions would the low mileage & whats left of factory warranty be better or the 07 with the longer powertrain/roadside warranty be a better deal.
    thanks for your opinions
  • collegepoolcollegepool Member Posts: 1
    I'm the happy owner of a 1.8 L base Vibe with the 5 speed manual transmission with Preferred Package (power locks, windows, cruise). Couldn't be happier, it's a wonderful car and my first American car (yeah, it's part Toyota, I know.. sticker says 69% American parts, 31% Japanese parts).

Anyway, price paid $15,600, plus destination fee to haul it in from out of state, plus some documentation fees. That's with the $500 discount, by the way. Plus tax tag, etc. Carl Black GM in Roswell, GA will treat you right. Negotiate the car down with them, they worked with me pretty well on it. Got the car I wanted for the price I wanted. Fantastic car, we really love it.
    Well, know this: it is 99% Toyota. I believe the radio is GM just like the first version. Rest assured, your car is all Corolla. The objectives are to keep Americans employed and buy smart. You have accomplished both. I've got a 2009 "Corolla-Vibe" automatic and a 2003 "Corolla-Vibe". The '09 is a far superior car. I only wish they didn't skimp on things such as radio buttons on the wheel.
  • 09Quant09Quant Member Posts: 1
    First of all, thanks for all the posts here. Hope my post helps.

2009 Vibe 1.8L with Air condition + AT + Preferred package
    Drive out price is 18k in Houston, Texas (6.25%).

5.5% APR for 72 months.
  • soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    I had little intention of buying a Vibe AWD last Saturday but did so. We need a good run about with some foul weather capability. I saw in the paper this 2009 AWD vibe with 2.4. Listed by Pontiac dealer as Con package, security system, tint and GM "executive car" with 5k miles. I was worried some rental crap. No, it was a real deal gently used car. You can always tell. No previous owner. On car fax I will be the first owner as GM owned it until I bought it. The economy must really be hurting as they advertise $14,950 in the paper for it. I looked up sticker and that was $$22,500 with con package and security. Oddly the $1,000 conv package was free on early build Vibes so the dealer thought the sticker was $20,800. I offered $14,500 and all he would do is $14950 and free tint. No doc fee.
    Overall great car. XM still activated with no end in sight--maybe lost in the GM maze of accounts? We had ice 3 days this week and AWD was worth the lower MPG.
    Thoughts
  • hulkeduphulkedup Member Posts: 14
    I went in after work to test drive a Vibe. I took out a red one, 1.8 liter, 5 speed with air conditioning as the only option. The dealer gave me this offer:

$15,999, plus a "documentation charge" of $303 = $16,302
    There is a $500 rebate on the car, which I'm assuming the dealer gets. I need to check.

I bought the Fighting Chance package and used it to figure out the price the dealer paid for the car:

Invoice price: $16,051 (includes options)
    Holdback (3%): $481.53
    Rebate: $500
    Cost to Dealer: $15,069.47
    Destination Charge: $635
    Minimum Offer to Dealer: $15,704.47

So the dealer's offer of $16,302 represents a profit to them of $597.53 or about 4%

Not bad, but I'm not sure I could live without remote entry (I have a baby on the way) or cruise control.

Any other offers out there?
  • newtechernewtecher Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Silver 09 Vibe with manual transmission+AC+Preferred package in San Leandro, CA for $15600 after rebate but before tax and fees (OTD total was ~$17200). There was also an automatic model with same options for $200 less (!), but it was white in color which I didn't like. So you can probably do better than your current quote. BTW, there are currently two $500 rebates for a total of $1000 and the dealer does not need to get any of them ;-).
  • DondohDondoh Member Posts: 9
    I've seen several people here saying that they got more than 1k off by using GM card points.
    I thought you could only do up to 1k on the Vibe.
    What am I missing?
    I believe that it depends on what version of the GM card you have. Old version $2k, even more depending on what you bought with the card (some points can/could accrue without regard to the $2k limit). New version I believe is $1k. We have the old version of the card, Got something in the neighborhood of $2025 additional off the vibe using the GM points.
  • DondohDondoh Member Posts: 9
    Hmmm. When I look at the "manage your points" it says 1000.
    But I have had the card for at least 9 years, so I would think I have the old one.
    Maybe a call is order..
    I hate being on hold (who doesn't) so if anyone knows of a way to tell if you are an "old" or a "new" card I would love to hear it.
    Thanks for the help.
    If I could take off $2000, I might just take the plunge.
  • peter72peter72 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2009 Vibe 1.8L (1SA?) with auto, power/AC options and cargo organizer. $15139, plus TT L. Got about 30 mpg for 60% city 40% highway drive.
  • phillyvibephillyvibe Member Posts: 1
    peter72-- where are you located? Did you get dealer financing with it? O%? I'm in philly trying to buy same. Trying to figure out my bottom line. Any other recent buyers out there?
  • peter72peter72 Member Posts: 2
    I am in MN. I did not take 0%. I saw the list price from my dealer is $1000 more this month. BTW I notice "Toyota" on the side of engine!
  • skedeebsskedeebs Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2007 with 5000 miles for $12,500. It does not have keyless entry, power windows, but it does have a moonroof. I am really happy with this car.

I imagine that Pontiacs should get cheaper, what with the brand disappearing.
  • johnrayjohnray Member Posts: 7
    I got a 2009 2.4 4cyl Vibe GT automatic to drive overnight. It has the Preferred Package (remote entry, pwr doors/locks/window/cruise, etc.) and the Sun and Sound Package (sunroof/monsoon sound/leather wrap steeering wheel, etc.) and the other standard GT features. Dealer quoted me invoice of $21,084.18 minus the current $1,500 cash back ($19,584 plus TTL) (or 0% for 72 months APR) instead of the list price of $22, 165.

We tried to load it up with things we would normally take in our current 1995 Lumina APV for a week at the beach that we go on yearly, but after just four beach chairs and four luggage with 4 people in it, it was already full. The thing is, we only need the space ONE week a year or a couple at the most. The rest of the time, I would love the small size and good mileage of this compared to a minivan or SUV. Maybe luggage racks and a hitch mounted bike rack would help, but I don't know if even the 2.4 4 cyl. could handle that and 4 passengers, especially going back up the mountain to NC.

I could maybe live with the decreased room if I was paying only $15K or so, but I doubt even this disappearing brand at the end of the month would go for that little and for a few grand over $20K, I could get a much roomier vehicle with more features, like a back up camera to make up for the tiny window and huge blind spots this car seems to have.
  • govmtrsgovmtrs Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any idea or resource recomendation that can estimate how much prices will drop due to bankruptcy and a badge that is on death row? I'd like to get a great deal since my GM card is offering me the use of all my card points, currently $4700. You would think we could get an "owners" discount since we collectively sent them billions only months ago.
    Personally, because it's you I think they should give you the car for gratis. After all, considering that you must have personally paid bundles in taxes to Uncle Sam, somebody owes you something. After you're finished wasting time here why don't you try to get a free house. I understand the banks own plenty of them, You can explain to them how maybe because you have a checking account or maybe even a bank account and how YOU personally as a taxpayer have bailed them out with all those taxes that YOU alone have paid, that maybe you should get some sort of preferential treatment.
    Hasn't really worked that way. Between gov't prop ups, and yokels showing up for "once in a lifetime buys", the sales prices on most vehicles seem to be about the same as last year.

The $19500 vibe usually sells in the low $15000's this time of year. So much less than this represents a "bargain".

How "nice" of GM to "let" or "allow" all of the points you earned to be used. When they need to move stock they ring the dinner bell, while with popular vehicles and fast movers (i.e. cars that are selling and people want) card credits may be limited .

Why people get locked into a GM vehicle with this marketing gimmick is beyond me. :confuse:

--jjf

Does anyone have any idea or resource recomendation that can estimate how much prices will drop due to bankruptcy and a badge that is on death row? I'd like to get a great deal since my GM card is offering me the use of all my card points, currently $4700. You would think we could get an "owners" discount since we collectively sent them billions only months ago.
  • nypsumdnypsumd Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2009 Vibe w/ 2.4, Automatic, preferred package, sun & sound, aluminum rims, fog lights and theft deterrent system.

The dealer gave a quote of $18,712 before taxes and fees which seems high to me.

I was hoping to get something in the neighborhood of $17,500-$18,000 out the door for a vehicle with these options.

Does this seem reasonable? I don't necessarily "need" a new car but have $3,500 from my GM card that may or not survive GM's bankrupcy and I'm trying to see what kind of deals are out there.
  • gofishgofish Member Posts: 24
    Purchased base w/2.4, preferred package (power options, remote entry, cruise and rear intermittent), A/C, 5 Spd Automatic, and MP3 radio. MSRP of $20,350. Negotiated a price before rebates of $18,570. Only dealer "add-on" fee was $150 doc fee. So taxable transaction was $18,720. Rebates were then as follows: $500 base, $500 dealer cash, $1000 loyalty, $1000 bonus cash. On top of that I had $3,062 in "topped-off" GM card rebates.

Price before Tax/Tags/Title then was $12,658 and OTD was $13,994 (7% sales tax plus $25.50 temp tags and title).

Oh yeah, also have $400 in Citibank Drivers edge rebates which is an "after sale" mail-in rebate (applicable to any car sale whatsoever) and will see 28% of the sales tax (.28 x $1310 = $367) come back to me in the form of the Obama fed income tax stimulus passed last February!

It is a great time to buy if you're in the market. The Vibe was not my first choice but probably my 3rd or 4th and the money talked. Mileage certainly not the best in this segment and driveability as many have pointed out nothing like a Mazda 3. Just felt it was the best value all things considered. Very pleased so far
    Just saw your post after I submitted mine. If you read above this you'll see what I purchased. The dealer I bought from (Buckles in Urbana, Ohio) also had a 2.4, A/C, auto, Preferred, sun & sound, and aluminum rims for exactly $1545 more on the price than mine. It did not have theft deterrent or fog lights. Hope this helps.
  • triple_itriple_i Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all who have posted in this forum. I gained a lot of knowledge reading your posts prior to making my decision to buy.
    I bought a 2009 1.8L with the Preferred Package, A/C, A/T and the Audio System with AM/FM Stereo, CD and MP3 Playback. The Smokers Package was included but was the only thing I did not need.
    Had a great buying experience with O'Neil Buick Pontiac GMC in Warminster, PA that I documented in the Dealer Sales Review area of CarSpace.
  • ruin92ruin92 Member Posts: 3
    Triple I-

Do you mind me asking how much you paid? I'm looking to buy the same model with the same features at O'Neil this weekend.
  • dancer9dancer9 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at new 1.8L with auto/ac/prefered package in the color we want (Navy). Have dealer at $15,200 after rebates ($500 on car, $2000 loyalty and $500 gm to dealer) with no doc fee. Also have the $5000 "bonus" offer with the GM card, so my net cost before tax is $10,200. Is the $15,200 a fair price ignoring the GM card? I'm not looking to steal the vehicle, but obviously want the best deal I can get. I offerd $15,200 via an email to multiple dealers and he was the only one to accept it and have the exact vehicle we wanted. Others were close, so clearly I'm in the range. As I see it, he's still getting the holdback for the most part. Dealer at this point does not know I have the GM card money, but shouldn't care as it ends up as real money to him (but is funny money to me). We don't need a new vehicle. Ultimately the daughter will be the driver of it in a year or so and the ABS, Traction Control etc. is very appealing over what I might find used, and the warranty is a plus. Not worried about GM not being here in a few years. Thoughts?
  • triple_itriple_i Member Posts: 4
    dancer9 -
    $15,200 sounds like a very good price to me with the options you listed. There are usually one or more additional options like cargo cover, cargo storage system, MP3 playback, etc. but it sounds like you are at or even under invoice price. I considered invoice price a good deal. You are correct that the GM card earnings will not matter to the dealer.
    ruin92 -
    O'Neil was great to work with from the negotiations (invoice) through delivery of the vehicle. I have even received followup calls just to see how I like the Vibe and whether I have any questions.
    Thoughts??? BUY IT! I thought my deal was great.

Tell me about your $5K "bonus". I've never received an off better than topping off my card to the max. I have the "old" GM card where you get 5% of purchase up to $500 per year with a max of $3500 but not limited by make/model. What card do you have?

Just curious.
  • dancer9dancer9 Member Posts: 2
    Picking it up Saturday!

I don't know if this was for everybody or I was selected as I have over $8K in earnings. I have the card that doesn't limit earnings, but does have the redemption limits. The offer let you do up to $3K on some cars and $5K on others. The $5Ks were mostly big SUVS/Trucks, some Caddilacs and every Pontiac (Even G8). Pretty much everything else GM was 3K except the Camero. Had to have that much on your account of course. I had a special code in the mailing. I also logged on to check my earnings where it listed it as well. It expires 6/30.
  • triton101triton101 Member Posts: 1
    I got a new 2009 Pontiac Vibe with these specs from Zubor Pontiac in Taylor, MI:

1.8L engine
    Automatic Transmission
    Preferred Package
    Air Conditioning
    MP3 Aux Stereo

Base price $18,077.00 + $79 doc fee + $1112.36 Tax + $23 Title/Reg - $4,309.06 in Bonus GM Card Earnings! - $500 Dealer Cash = $14459.30

I'm happy! :)
  • fmtn_tigerfmtn_tiger Member Posts: 6
    Peter72, Which dealer did you use. You got a great price. I want to look at 2.4 L
    Congratulations!

Yeah, we all get different "private offers" and yours was clearly to a select group that had so much in earnings but to then were limited by redemptions. It's funny, have always kept my old card just so I would not be limited to say $1500 or something on a car like the vibe. The economy being what it is sure played to your advantage.

Regarding your $15,200 basis, I was at $15,720 (included 150 doc fee) for the 2.4 and 5 speed auto with preferred, A/C and MP3 before my card rebates. Both of these were good deals.

Enjoy.
  • mallaikmallaik Member Posts: 9
    We just got our 2.4L GT Liquid Platinum (Silver) Metallic with Automatic yesterday in Houston, Texas. The Preferred Package (remote entry, pwr doors/locks/window/cruise, etc.) on it is standard. A/C is standard, and Monsoon sound/leather wrap steeering wheel, etc. is standard. Options are, Auto 5 speed transmission, Power Sunroof, and Smokers Package. Sticker Price shows $21,680. Dealer quoted me invoice of $19,200. We received the following rebates: $2,000 Loyalty cash, $500 cash rebate (in lieu of 0% APR), $500 dealer cash for a price of $16,200. We have $3,000 in GM Card topped off rebates for a price of $13,200. Drive out price including Tax Title, License, Doc. Fee, Dealer Prep etc. was $14,250. I thought this was a pretty good price for a GT.
    Smokin' deal. Wish I had done as well. Who's was the dealer?
    Beck & Masten on IH-45 Freeway, Houston, TX.
  • wuxwux Member Posts: 18
    I'm considering to get a similar one but MSRP for GT with auto, sunroof, and smoker package is $23295 and invoice is $21933. How did you get $19200 before $3000 rebate? Please replay as I need to make an offer very soon. Thank!
    The GT I purchased was assembled last year (2008) because it had 09 (month) inspection sticker. That means it may have been assembled around June-July 2008. Many of the features, for example the power package, sound package, A/C etc. were all standard features on this car. On the latest ones, all these features are options and costs additional money. The destination charge was $585, and now it is $635. That may be the difference why the MSRP and the invoice prices were lower on the car I purchased than the newer cars. Also, this car was driven 150 miles from another dealership as an exchange for a different color.
    Thanks.

The GT I'm considering is also made last year and everything standard, just added Auto, Sunroof and about $300 other options, so it is very similar to yours. It does have a lower MSRP than the current one ($22680 instead of $23680), but that is still $1800 higher than your. Seems that they had some mid-year price increase. Will try to find out from GM and see if I can get a similar offer like yours.

Thanks again
  • raythegermanraythegerman Member Posts: 27
    I purchased my 2009 Vibe GT in April, 2008. The standard vehicle price was $19,310 + $1050 (Auto trans.) + $700 (sunroof) + $585 (dest. charge) = $21,645 MSRP......Hope this helps for your starting point....
    raythegerman, do you remember the invoice price of your GT?
    My GT Sticker has exactly same features and costs, an additional item is Smokers Package which brought the MSRP to 21,680.
    The best offer we can get is $18000. It is a red GT added Auto, Sunroof, Theft Alarm, and Cargo Cover. The current MSRP is $23615. They had it $22680 as MSRP. It also has 150 miles on it. So it is like $1000 more on early MSRP and $1800 more than your deal. Anyway, thank you all for all the information.
This discussion has been closed.