Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar X-Type Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

2»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jlinchec. I can give you an idea of what this car's lease program is currently like. You never mentioned how long you want to lease it for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Jaguar Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X-Type 3.0L Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00139 and 43%, respectively. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Jaguar X/S series: Price Paid and Buying Experiences". If you provide me with an MSRP and an approximate selling price for this car I can work up a lease payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • yeyeyoyeyeyo Member Posts: 1
    hello, I have an X type and the lease is ending. I want to buy the car.. when I called the dealer (Roshental Jaguar in Virginia) they said that I need to do with them a Virginia state inspection.. even do the inspection on my car is not due until June 07 ... this is very strange ... Any input if this is actually required ... thanks
  • adan1adan1 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what a fair lease monthly payment would be? I am looking to buy a Jaguar S type , navigation/bluetooth package; TR Triton 18" X 8" Alloy Wheels, Radiance Metallic with Invoice of 47,710 and MSRP of 52,000,
    I'd like to know what a fair monthly payment is.
    thanks for the help you can give to me.
    Adam
    Hi Adam. Jaguar is currently providing a total of slightly over $1,900 lease cash on the 2007 X-Type. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease. I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a selling price that is $1,000 to $1,500 below invoice if there is a decent level of competition in your area.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what Jaguar Credit's current lease program for this car is like and to use it to estimate what your monthly payment should be if you let me know how long you want to lease for an how many miles per year you need to be able to drive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rsal50rsal50 Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking to enter into a Jaguar X-type lease. I was told the model I want has a MSRP of $36,500 and I was looking for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per. The competition is very good in the area as I live just north of NYC. I also have an additional $500 towards the lease because I went to the Auto Show in NYC. Please let me now the price range I should pay for this lease.
    Hi rsal50. Jaguar Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jaguar X-Type Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00106 and 42%, respectively. Jaguar is currently providing a total of around $1,900 in lease cash on this car. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating its selling price. If you let me know what selling price you are able to negotiate, I would be happy to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mary37mary37 Member Posts: 4
    Hi:I want to lease a Jaguar Xk convertible and was wondering what the residual and money factor are currently? I spoke with one dealer and they said Jaguar is not offering any incentives currently. One dealer told me the residual is 53% and another dealer tells me 60%. What should I believe ? what would be a good lease on this car with 12000 miles 3 year lease and only first payment down? I would like the Luxury package, Senta wheels, and Premium sound all options that make the price of the car in the neighborhood of 91,800. Hopefully negotiating down to about 87,000 as the selling price. Any info would be great!
    Thanks
  • rossw21rossw21 Member Posts: 1
    I want to lease a 2007 jaguar x-type with 15k/year and would like to know what the money factor and residual value are. looking at the 36 or 48 month leases. the msrp is $36,090 and the dealership is offering it at $28,300. could you possibly let me know what the monthly lease payment would be if i put $2000 down. thank you.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, rossw21. Jaguar Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jaguar X-Type with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and a brutal 39%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00132 and 31%. As you can see, this car's residual values are pretty bad. When negotiating your lease on it, make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

The selling price that you were quoted for the X-Type that you are interested in is extremely low. It is well below dealer invoice. I suspect that the dealer that you are working with is running your lease through a bank other than Jaguar Credit. By doing so, they can take advantage of a special $6,000 dealer cash incentive that is available on leases of this car through independent banks. If this is indeed the case, then you will not be able to take advantage of the aforementioned special lease program and I cannot use the prices that you mentioned to work up a sample lease payment for you. Ask the dealer that you are working with what bank they are going to run your lease through.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • im_brentwoodim_brentwood Member Posts: 4,883
    IIRC Chase Auto finance is around 37% on a 12k lease and they have approximately .00280 money if you are tier 1. Don't quote me on this exactly, but if I recall I am quite close.

Jaguar Credit's program is better, but the extra $4,500 in trunk money negates their program on the X-Type... even though you pay more interest with Chase, your net cost is lower.
  • 03x25manual03x25manual Member Posts: 1
    Two days ago I purchased an 03 X Type 2.5 manual trans with 64000 miles for $8600. I feel that I got a good deal considering its got a clean title. It looks to have been involved with a side-swipe on the drivers side. I can see the bad paint job, but it's otherwise in very nice condition.

On the other hand, maybe I got what I paid for. Today...two days after I purchased it...the check engine light came on. I pulled it out of a driveway, put it in gear, stepped on the gas, and it sounded like it gurgled...then hesitated...then it moved along slowly. I will see what the code says is wrong and follow up, but I'm kind of pissed.

Lets hope I didn't purchase a money pit. We'll see. Lets get this forum resurrected.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Congratulations on the new car!

We have a group of discussions about the X-type here.
    You'll find more current X-type owners hanging out there..

Welcome!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• monty2222monty2222 Member Posts: 48
    It was from a used car lot. According to carfax it was a 3 year lease in PA, had a right front accident in 2005, has 35,000 miles. I got it for $14,400. Perfect finish, engine very clean. Drove good. I noticed the pass door made a rattle when closed with the window down. They said they would tighten it up before I pick it up next week. Is this typical? I notice on all the Jags on the lot, the interior door trim panel shakes when you slam the door shut. Never see that on other cars. As a first time Jag owner would appreciate any tips. Oh, the chrome trim around the side windows is like a corroded look, not shiny. Bumper trim is fine. He said it is a known issue with aluminum trim on this car and he has known the dealer to replace it free. Is there a recall (silent recall)? I have to check the vin with the dealer, it may be under warranty till november.
This discussion has been closed.