Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Aluminum Jaguars (XKR) - What do you think?

Comments

• xkssxkss Member Posts: 722

X350 XJR

• andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,391
    air vents on the Portfolio or the new XK. The chrome surround is too glitzy but I guess Jag stylists are intent on making them a styling cue.
    :(

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

The first X150, a Liquid Silver 4.2 V8 XK Coupe with Charcoal interior and burr walnut veneer facia, rolled off the production line today (December 20th, 2005) at Castle Bromwich.
    check the link for a picture

Aluminum XK
  • merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    The XJ has never looked better, IMO. Hot!

The interior of the new XK looks great too.

Detroit is only some days away for me!

M
    In Convertible form the Body-in-White weight, at just 633 lbs (287 kg), is 19 percent lighter than the previous XK Convertible. The chassis also has a 50 percent improvement in stiffness over the previous XK Convertible.

2007 XK pricing

The all-new 2007 XK Coupe will be priced from $75,500 and the 2007 XK Convertible will be offered from $81,500 which includes destination and delivery charges.
    links to pictures

link 1

link 2

link 3
    A link to a picture

link one

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hey, you can make your own photo album outta these on our new personal home pages at www.carspace.com. Look me up there!!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This new XK is gorgeous from every angle except head-on. That snout almost ruins the car for me. The outgoing XK is like the most timeless car on the road today having been introduced back in 1997 I find it to be stunning still to this day. This new one I'm still not sure about, its the snout!!!

M
    I haven't seen one in the metal but based on photos of the new XK in the most recent auto mags it looks very attractive, snout and all. Jamie Kitman's review of it in the March Automobile is worth a read. I t sounds like it drives as good as it looks.

• bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    Out of curiosity, what is that wart on the trunk in link three?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

Out of curiosity, what is that wart on the trunk in link three?

Satellite antenna for SATNAV most likely, you can't mount 'em on a cloth roof. ;)

Yeah I'm thinking that dark blue example I've seen everywhere from Detroit to the latest magazine reviews helps cover up that snout a little better than silver or white. The car is no doubt attractive especially from the side and rear.

M
  • bhill2bhill2 Member Posts: 2,472
    But I have a GPS navigation system in my 2001 XK and it doesn't have the wart. Are you talking about a different device? Another thought occurs to me now. Is it possible that it is for satellite radio?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv. (RIP 2001 Jaguar XK8 cnv and 1985 MB 380SE [the best of the lot])

Honestly I've never been sure wich antennae are for Nasv systems and which for satellite radio.

Jaguar already has about 7,600 presold XK orders to American customers according to Automotive News 2/21/2006.
    links to pictures

link one

link two
  • garyg5garyg5 Member Posts: 15
    i own a 05 XK8 convertible, love it!! now i want the 07 XK coupe. the problem is the conflicting option list on the website vs the brochure, vs the dealer order form. we all have read that aluminum interior trim will be available rather than wood, but no one, not even the dealers seem to know if it is an option, standard, ??? i have not ordered the 07 since no one can tell me...perhaps you guys can help??
  • josephyjosephy Member Posts: 14
    It's been a long year since I first saw the 2007 XK. At the recent International Car show in DC, it was look, but don't touch. Wasn't until yesterday that I was finally able to actually pop the hood, take a seat behind the wheel, look in the trunk...everything a prospective buyer would want to do. Just couldn't turn the key.

But that didn't change anything. This is by far the most beautiful car I have ever seen and I can't wait till the XKR in the fall!
    josephy, i recently had the opportunity to see, feel, touch, drive, the 07 XK. It was a convertible model at our nearest Jaguar dealer. (one State away from me-130 miles away) I agree it was absolutely beautiful. I got to drive it, top down, for many miles, including interstate driving. It was smooth, fast, quiet, refined, compared to my current 05 XK8. HOWEVER, the interior was very "boring". The touch screen totally disappeared in any light. Driving against, or into the sun, the standard touch screen was not visble at all. The new rear "spoiler" fell off when the back hatch was closed. The interior was nice, but was disappointing compared to the ads i have been following for so so long. In spite of the above complaints, i wanted to be the first in my town to have one. The dealer (0ne State away) refused to deal, and did not factor in that i have purchased two Jags in the past from them!!!
    Just an FYI from a current but now past Jag owner
  • josephyjosephy Member Posts: 14
    GaryG, I'm not a convertible fan, so the coupe will be my choice. Hopefully that will keep the glare inside the cockpit to a min. Bizarre that the spoiler would fall off!

I sincerely doubt that any dealer is going to want to deal on this car for some time to come. Was reading in an earlier post that over 7,000 pre-orders had already been submitted...so the demand for the ride is going to be high, making negotiations difficult. But you should have gotten some free floor mats, at least!
    i agree, at least free mats!!! the coupe is my choice too, the disappearing screen seems to be a known issue they have already discovered is a weakness, all in all a beautiful, fast, stand out vehicle!!!
  • aprilnjaprilnj Member Posts: 9
    I have just seen my 1st 07 Jaguar Coupe on the Road, its a real head turning its beautiful, and sexy car, I have to get it. I was going to get the 6 series BMW but now, I want this. My only worry is residual values on Jag's they are usually not so great. I'm looking to lease one. (business owner) BMW has great residuals. Any info on the residual value yet on the new XK. Are any members leasing one, and can give me some leasing info, so I have some idea?
    i dont know the numbers, residuals, but my dealer, whom i had bought 2 prior Jags, refused to deal, and said he was not happy with the rates & residuals, Jag was using to work deals. I know i walked away, after 4 very happy years in two different jags, and my new Porsche 997/911 will be here in June. I too am a business owner, i lease, but i do have a limit. I leased a Porsche with a 11K higher sticker, for a shorter term, for less monthly. I too wanted the 07 XK!!!!!
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    "Never let emotion rule a business decision." ;)
  • shoesshoes Member Posts: 131
    I have a BRG coupe on order, but I talked lease rates today with my dealer and was pretty discouraged. It looks like the residuals are in the 47% range after 3 years, which isn't good. It sounds like a $1600/month payment for 36 months before taxes. Ouch. I hope these improve before my car arrives.
  • harold11harold11 Member Posts: 1
    I also prefer the coupe, but it will not fit under my garage door machinery when the hatch is open. When open, the hatch is over 80 inches tall! I want to be able to load/unload the hatch area out of the weather and also not have to worry about someone accidentally hitting the open button for the hatch and having it bang into the garage door stuff.
  • aprilnjaprilnj Member Posts: 9
    went to the dealer today, I def prefer the coupe looks totally different from rear, much sleeker lines. inquired about a lease, wow what a shocker 36 mos $1400? estimated residual of around $40,000 on a car with a sticker of $80,000? jaguar has to due something to compete with BMW.
    I love this car but its actually less expensive for me to buy it, then lease? now how can that make sense.I think im going to take a look a the BMW 6 Series, more HP and Im sure a better leasing deal..or Ill just hang a few months 2 see if the residuals up on this car, crossing fingers, love the new XK ! :surprise:
    U.S. sales of the new XK, XK8, and XKR came to 510 last month compared to 327 in June of last year which is a 56 % increase.

Sales are up 61 % YTD (year-to-date) with 2,247 being sold compared to 1,396 sold last year.
    A new XK convertible, with 19 inch wheels and Dunlop Sport 01 tires, performed Car & Driver's lane change at 70.3 mph in the August, 2006 issue.

BMW 650i convertible with sport pack: 65.8 mph

Cadillac XLR-V: 68.1 mph

Mercedes-Benz SL550: 66 mph

Porsche 911 Carrera: 66.4 mph
    In the June, 2006 issue of Top Gear, a new XK convertible with 19 inch wheels ran a lap at Top Gear's test track in 1:43 which was the same time for a BMW 650i convertible.
    393 XKs (including XK8s and XKRs) were sold in August vs. 190 in August of 2005 which is a 106.8 % increase.

3,043 XKs (including XK8s and XKRs) have been sold year-to-date vs. 1,798 of 2005 year-to-date.
    The following is from an Automotive News article by Mark Rechtin in late June of this year:

Geoff Polites, CEO of Jaguar and Land Rover, has said that the "redesigned S-Type will arrive in the United States in the spring of 2008" and it will use "an all-new platform."
    It will stay with aluminum according to an Automotive News article by Mark Rechtin in late June of this year.
    Apex Motorsport will develop a new Jaguar XKR for the FIA GT3 Championship. It will be a privateer effort and they plan to have the first six cars ready for the first event in the 2007 season.

Jaguar racing news

FIA GT3 Championship
    XKR COUPE:

$86,500 (includes destination and delivery charges)

XKR CONVERTIBLE:

$92,500 (includes destination and delivery charges)

Special order non-standard paint, interior trim, convertible top:

$1,000 [this is also available for all XK and XJ models]
    From a recent press release:

"Jaguar has already taken almost 2,000 orders for the XKR which is expected in UK showrooms in November."
    What do you think of the news of the new Jaguar XKR race car?
This discussion has been closed.