Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Kia Amanti

averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
edited July 2014 in Kia

Comments

• azera25azera25 Member Posts: 45
    It should be amazing, considering the great job they did on the current amanti and the new azera.
  • jtzjtz Member Posts: 37
    I hope that whatever changes they make that they change the E and F pillars, they are so ugly. The rest of it is nice ,but not the back.
  • metalgatemetalgate Member Posts: 5
    The Azera has nothing to do with the Amanti. THe Amanti is built on the old XG300 platform using an old Mitzu designed engine. It carries the interior of a 2001 Hyundai Equus. It doesn't nor will it play in the same league as the Azera.
  • gy563gy563 Member Posts: 44
    Opirus (Amanti) Face Lift
    http://bbs.enjoyjapan.naver.com/tbbs/read.php?board_id=pcar&nid=16403
    It's say's it's desinged by Jaguar designers. (no wonder they look alike)
    two engines choices in Korea
    Lambda 3.3 (247hp) and Lambda 3.8 (266hp)
    Price range 33,000~55,000
    (Korean model has lot more features than American model like, back up camera, navigation, dvd, cable tv, lot more!!! one they sell in America is basic of basic model compared to Korean model)
  • billh6billh6 Member Posts: 123
    That is beautiful. Awesome design. Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to trade in my '04 for new '07 and have been looking almost daily to see what it looks like.
  • jtzjtz Member Posts: 37
    This is nice. The back looks like a cross between the Hyundai XG and some Lincoln and almost like the Chrysler 300. The back is less round at the back and more square. Kia has attacked the Amanti's ugliness big time. The dual exhaust brings more beauty.
  • jh394jh394 Member Posts: 1
    Really looks impressive. A good job refining an already attractive design. :)

Anyone know if this new Amanti is simply a facelift, or will it be based off the Azera platform?

-j
  • gy563gy563 Member Posts: 44
    here's more pictures. (including interior)
    http://nboard.naver.com/nboard/read.php?board_id=car_korea&nid=5187
    interior looks LOT better than current Amanti
    I think 07~08 Amanti uses same engine as Azera's but i'm not sure
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the behold. I purchased my Amanti because I thought it was the hottest looking vehicle around. I am crazy about the looks, top to bottom.
  • lcrumplcrump Member Posts: 1
    i am getting 11.5 mpg bon highway,what seems to b the problem with this mileage thing.im thinking class action jf kia doesnt do something 2 fix this holla if u r having same problemn what u hav done
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    Front: better integrated although it will be harder to make waffles on the grill. Back clip also better.

Interior: smoother but less distinctive. I feel the instrument panel is the nicest part of the existing car. This looks a lot less unique.
    I use regular unlead and get around 20 in town, at times 19. Not sure what's going on with your vehicle.
  • enkaenka Member Posts: 35
    I thought they were going to change the whole design but looks good. Looks roomy I think we should get the options they have in Korea for the azera and amanti like nav,dvd, and cable.Azera looks more sportier and amanti is like a president car.
  • mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    I can agree with rain sensing wipers and tilt and telescope steering wheel. Maybe even power adjustable pedals, but I cant see me driving around draging a television cable....seems anticlimactic.....
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    i am getting 11.5 mpg bon highway,what seems to b the problem with this mileage thing.im thinking class action jf kia doesnt do something 2 fix this holla if u r having same problemn what u hav done

Pat, Vanna, I'd like to buy a vowel...I mean some punctuation.

Seriously though, all I could understand from that post is "11.5 mpg." Something about class action..."holla"...?
  • scarpiascarpia Member Posts: 4
    I just joined this blog site today. My family test drove a Amanti last week and we loved it. But I was disappointed that there was no navigation or dvd system available. Since we won't be in the car market for another 1 to 2 years I'm hoping that we'd be able to get the 2007 Amanti with a few miles on it for a great price - similar to the price I was quoted for the 2005 model. If the pictured model was available in the U. S., I'd stop looking at any other cars and get this one. It appears to be my dream car. Please tell me that the American Amanti will have a navigation and dvd system along with a reclining backseat, automatic rear window shades, adjustable pedals and some of the other goodies that can be seen in the pictures.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116

• clintondeeclintondee Member Posts: 8
    they did a great job on this redo of the Amanti. Im glad they kept the style of the 05 model that I own and improved on it. The interior looks good, however I think the 05 has a bit more distinction. The outside is home run on this '07 model. I like the new styling and it sounds like the ride and gas mile :) age have been improved.
  • magmaxmagmax Member Posts: 88
    It looks as if we'll get a somewhat altered version of this new Amanti in North America. Instead of the vertical bars on the home-market Opirus, it appears that the export versions will continue with the waffle grille although it will be lower and wider. The following link gives the press release for the North American market: http://www.canadiandriver.com/
    The 07 Amanti will have the same 3.8 engine as is now in the Azera, along with power adjustable pedals, heated and cooled driver's seat, larger 17" wheels and probably a somewhat better controlled front suspension to give it better handling. The rear view looks identical to the home market Opirus. All in all it looks like an improvement on an already good car. I just hope they don't get rid of the woodgrain in the interior. I think it looks great, far better than the all black or fake carbon fibre that seems to be in vogue now. I can't wait to see it and drive it...and trade in my 05 Amanti for one maybe.

MagMax
  • shadow99688shadow99688 Member Posts: 209
    I get from 13 to 21mpg in town (construction areas with hour or longer waits really kill mpg) and over 27mpg on the highway with my late 05 early 06 Amanti
  • mike777mike777 Member Posts: 2
    There were 2005 OPIRUS/Amanti in in South Korea with 3.8l & 2.7l with some modifications - new tail lights (more clear), rear view mirrors, VDS instead of EST, rear frame.... )

Look at:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/455568/1
  • live4techlive4tech Member Posts: 24
    This board sure is quiet! Have we any idea when the mid model change Amantis will be available for sale? I heard something about possibly having to wait until January 2007 for the cars to arrive. I know Kia is doing a lot to improve the car for the new model year, but that is a LONG time to wait for someone in the marketplace for a new car now. Surely the Amantis will be out sooner than January, no?
  • marvinleemarvinlee Member Posts: 21
    My main concern is that the 2007 car may not be as quiet as previous models. The 250+ pound weight loss must be partly attributable to lighter suspension parts and the new aluminum block V6, but still, the weight loss seems greater than those changes would create. I hope that sound insulation has not been reduced to create cost efficiency. The CanadianDriver.com road test did not comment on silence or the lack of it.
    I stay in contact with my salesman. He told me he heard that the 2007 Amantis will arrive on their lot end of Nov. I'll let you know. He will call me.
  • live4techlive4tech Member Posts: 24
    I check my local Kia dealer's lot every few weeks when I have the time. Hopefully, the new Amanti's will be here soon. I think they are waiting a little bit too long introducing the 2007's, which are only a mid model change (albeit with some major improvements in engine, suspension, interior, styling, etc.) All the competing models already have '07's for sale already. Hurry up, Kia!
  • herotakesafallherotakesafall Member Posts: 103
    You're tellin' me! The 2007 Spectra got a freshening and there's noooo word when it will arrive, either. The website is zero help, as usual. Frustrating!
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    They need to learn our car makers model year calendar.
  • kjangkjang Member Posts: 17
    Does anyone have any updates on its debut and price?
    Called several local KIA dealers and they actually have no idea.

I am in DC area.
  • isellkiasisellkias Member Posts: 4
    i actully work at a dealer in md, we should be getting our 07 amanti's within the next few weeks. they are already on the market in the southern reigon and they are slowly making there way to dealers now. it will be comparable in price to the 2006. fully loaded will run about $31,000 so its not much diffrent price wise. feature wise is where the deal gets sweeter ie larger rims heated and cooled front seats, 3.8 v6 (better mpg than outgoing 3.5) and hid headlights.
  • kia123kia123 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys. I just joined this forum. I work for Kia Motors America, and they JUST published the pricing on the 2007 Amanti. The base model msrp will be $25,495...fully loaded will be $31k. The reason it took so long for the new models to reach dealerships is because the 2006MY Amantis were way overstocked at the ports and dealerships. Currently there is $4k customer cash incentives at the dealership level helping move these cars...I expect the incentives to increase even more in Feb. While only a small percentage of dealerships have the new amanti's, you'll slowly see that number increase as they get rid of the old models. THe 2007 Amantis were ready to be shipped LONG time ago, but with so many old models left, they held on as long as they could.

From test driving it, it's a sweet ride, and an amazing deal. I'm just a little upset, KIA won't be spending any money to market this product this year on a national level...i guess there isn't enough volume to justify the costs involved..
  • pcakerpcaker Member Posts: 2
    I and all our family were most impressed with this vehicle which we rented in Phoenix, Az. I would guess that it was the luxury version with its leather seats and power sliding roof. It was by far the most comfortable and spacious vehicle I have ever driven. It had a great ride, was very quiet and considering the soft ride, I thought it handled well. We drove nearly 500 miles on one day, and at the end I could fairly easily have managed another 200 miles - I consider this remarquable. Usually, I am pretty tired after 300 to 400 miles. The powertrain was smooth and effortless, and the steering inspired confidence on fast curves. Brakes were ample, if very slightly noisy, but only by comparison with the totally silent function of everything else. Averaging 66mph on a nearly 500 mile long journey with 5000ft elevation changes, we got 28.3mpg - very good in my opinion. We all liked the styling very much, and I disagree with the Edmonds reviewer who apparently found it old fashioned and stodgy. I consider it to be elegant and distinctive, and I loved the view of the curved fenders either side of the hood, and the rear was great.
    I would certainly like to be in this car if I was making a long tour around north america.
  • harrier2harrier2 Member Posts: 32
    pcaker....I couldn't have said it better myself! :)
This discussion has been closed.