Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    I used to grieve myself to death about not getting the soft top for Thelma Jane, but I am very happy now with the hard top only.

Whether to get the hard top, soft top, or dual tops is entirely dependent on your particular situation. No one can just say without qualification that one top is better than the other or that the dual top option is the way to go.

The weather here in western Ky is suitable for topless Jeepin' about eight or nine months a year, as far as the temperature goes. We do have rainy periods, though.

Whether or not the Jeep will be your daily driver is a major consideration too. After buying a little S10 pickup for my work vehicle, I didn't have to depend on driving Thelma Jane every day. So, I take the hard top off (and the doors off) and leave her in the garage and drive the S10 if it is raining or if rain is in the forecast.

If I had to drive Thelma rain or shine, I would definitely want the soft top.

So, I guess my point is that if you can afford to take the hard top off and leave it off for long periods, then that might be the way you should go.

The hard top is quieter than the soft top and provides some security for items left in the Jeep.

I really don't think there is a noticeable difference in the heating and cooling with the hard top vs the soft top from all that I have heard. I have no personal basis for comparison, however.

Soft tops need replacing every few years, and the windows get scratched and all.

I am happy that I got the hard top only, but that is just because of the way I use my Jeep and because of the climate here.

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
  • appstate88appstate88 Member Posts: 40
    Thanks all! Lots of great information on a pretty common problem.

Anonymous-Thanks for the web-sites...Is headers just another name for exhaust manifold? And if so, and I went with one of these would I have to get a whole new exhaust system or would it fit the factory exhaust?

Tom-Thanks for the "Exhaust Manifold for Dummies". I'm definitely looking at going to an independedt for this. In the past we've trusted our Local Jeep Dealer, but have just recently gotten a new Service Advisor. He seems to make more expensive recommendations, and $1200 does seem like a lot!

Ducks and MtnGal- Thanks fellow '98ers! Misery loves company! Yep, not going with a factory manifold when we replace it. And since it doesn't seem to affect the power, we'll drive it until we can't stand it anymore! I hope Raleigh is as reasonable as Bakersfield is:)

Thanks again for the great advice guys!

Cam
    Once again, I am no mechanic, so check this out with someone who is, but I have heard that running with a cracked exhaust manifold can cause burnt valves. I think it lets things get too hot, since there is a source of oxygen from the hole in the manifold or something like that. DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS! Check with someone who knows. :)

Also, I suppose you could say the factory manifold is a header, but people usually reserve the term "header" for an after market device. They serve the same purpose, but after market headers are more efficient at letting the exhaust gasses get out of the engine, thus relieving some back pressure and making the engine gain some horsepower. Since you have an inline six, only one header is needed. There would be a header on each side of a V6 or a V8 engine.

You don't have to do anything about the rest of the exhaust system, but to gain the fullest advantage of the header, a less restrictive exhaust system from the header on back would be needed.

I know only enough to be dangerous, so check all this out with a good mechanic.

Tom

• goducks1goducks1 Member Posts: 432
    I'm also pretty surprised to see you here, but I think it's great you're considering a Jeep. Supposedly Enzo Ferrari himself said that the Jeep is the only true American sports car.

Anyway, to weigh in on the hard vs soft top debate--I lived in Oregon for 8 years and did a lot of driving in the rain (in the valleys) and the snow (in the Cascades). My first Jeep was a soft top YJ and the heater worked fine up in the mountains in the winter, I was never cold. However, the hard top on my TJ was preferable for a number of reasons in the mountains in the winter. It is quieter (though that is less of an issue with the new soft tops). The hard top has a rear wiper/defroster--this is very useful on winter roads, as soft top windows seem to get grimy pretty quickly. Your stuff is more secure at the lodge or wherever and you can access the back more easily--just open the tailgate and the back window pops up vs unzipping a soft top window. A hard top handles 8 or 10 inches of snow on the roof just fine, and you can get that on a parked car in the Oregon Cascades on one day. I remember a snow bomb (load of snow being shed by a Douglas fir tree branch) landing on my Jeep one day in the Cascades with a big WHUMP! My passenger looked at me and commented "good thing you had the hard top on."

Since I moved to San Diego last year, the hard top has been parked in the garage. This is pretty much a year-round soft top sort of place. I haven't sold the hard top though--if I ever move to a place that gets winter again I know I'll want it.
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Member Posts: 1,538
    They are pretty much the same thing.

If mine were gone, I'd definitely go with an aftermarket "performance" one. They "claim" to improve performance, fuel efficiency, and even longer life for your engine (who knows how true their claims are?).

Sounds like the price and the results are both better with aftermarket. As far as fitting with factory setup, that is something you need to check with the particular manufacturer.

If you wait, your current one is going to get pretty loud, so the new one will be nice and quiet. I find that whenever I do exhaust work, it feels like a new car after having it done. Not only does it sound smoother and quieter, but it feels like it runs better too.
  • thebigkahunathebigkahuna Member Posts: 83
    Hey fastM. I live in Newark Delaware. I've seen your ad in the News Journal, you've had no luck? Your offering a heck of a deal. I'd try the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Truck Trader, you know, the one with the photo ads. You can also try putting ads in the local super market bulletin boards and keep a for sale sign in your window. I recently sold my 02' 4 cylinder in the Jornal and got a great price. Good luck! If I hear of anyone interested I'll let you know.,
    Kahuna
  • smoomaw2smoomaw2 Member Posts: 4
    tsjay- Thanks for the welcome. I would like to get the new jeep offroad at some point. Either the Badlands or KY sound like fun sometime.

lawdawgfl- I actually don't have any factory warranty left on the 99 Jeep I bought. It was originally purchased in June of 99 so the 3 years on the warranty has run even though the mileage hasn't. Good luck.
  • fastm3fastm3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Thanks Tom, Mr. Shiftright, and thebigkahuna for your messages and suggestions. I'm actually pretty amazed myself that it hasn't sold it, since as I mentioned it's a popular color, only has 14,000 mi, and is like new...and I'm asking over $1000 less than the Kelley's Blue Book price too!!

I just took a couple of photos and after I get them scanned I'll make a flyer to post in the local stores. I'll probably also post in the online autotrader.com, even though it used to be free and now you've gotta pay...but I guess that's where the net is headed...

Mr. Shiftright, unfortunately my Jeep is 5 speed not a/t, so I assume you wouldn't be interested?

Thanks again,

Alan
    I got some 1" bolts to replace the 3/4" bolts that came with the header, and I was able to mount the header using the new bolts. I guess it is seated properly.

I have put the safari top on, but I am going to let it stretch a while and then go tighten all the straps.

Have to say that I am not real impressed with it so far, but maybe I will get used to the looks of it after some time goes by. I know it isn't something for "looks," but I was hoping it wouldn't detract from Thelma's appearance too much.

Also, it doesn't go all the way back as far as I thought it would, and Ross Allen will only have shade if he gets up toward the front of the cargo area. I guess it can't go back far enough to hang down any, cause it would catch wind that way, but it looks like it could have gone back further without hanging down. Maybe after it sretches a while it will go back further.

Tom

Thanks for the review. I was considering the safari top myself, but after reading this, will just stick with the factory top.
    I made my own mirror out of an old rusty one I found in my shed. I will paint it black, and it should look and work fine.

In fact, who cares? I am only doing it to satisfy the letter of the law, and if both sides were painted black, I wouldn't really care. I might just do the driver's side.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Don't forget to

Mourn on the Fourth of July: 2002

http://www.rationalreview.com/archive/tlknapp/tlknapp070102.html

• markwarren66markwarren66 Member Posts: 32
    "Happy 4th of July everyone!

Don't forget to

Mourn on the Fourth of July: 2002

http://www.rationalreview.com/archive/tlknapp/tlknapp070102.html"

I believe that the reason you posted this is one of the following.

1) You are a troll looking to stir up controversy.

2) You are a communist moron and don't appreciate the country you live in. If it's that bad, leave. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your mirrors, either. I hear that in Iraq you can drive a Jeep with no mirrors at all. Wouldn't that be great??

3) You are the pathetic hack that hosts that useless web site. Wow- for $2 I can learn how to win at roulette?

If it is 1, you win. If it's 2 or 3, please don't post here anymore.

Everyone else:

Have a happy (and safe) 4th of July. I will be flying the flag off my Jeep for the rest of the week, topless, doorless, and with the AC on extra high for anonymous.

Sorry for the rant...

I think you got it all wrong. Did you even read the article? It is quite a bit about liberty and freedom, two of the cornerstone principles of this country.

Really, lighten up!

1) no
    2) no
    3) no, wrong again!

Enjoy the Fourth in your Jeep, everyone. I know I will. (no AC).
    That last message got me to thinking. Maybe I will fly my flag upside down from my Jeep tomorrow as described in this article:

http://www.jpfo.org/alert20020628.htm

' "And I told him that flying the flag upside-down was as great a sign of respect for my country as I could think of. After all, America is in trouble, and flying its flag upside-down is a sign of distress*. The inverted flag calls out to everybody who sees: "Please help the United States. Don't let the most promising nation on earth fall into tyranny." '

Perhaps Mr. Warren66 cares so much for this country that he will do this too? Please help "MW" and myself to keep this country free.

here it is:

Rusty's 3" Basic Kit Ø $459
    Front and Rear 3" Coils
    Drop Pitman Arm
    Transfer Case Drop Kit
    Extended Rear Sway Bar Links
    Rear Trac Bar Bracket
    4 - Rusty's Hydraulic Shocks

OME (at quadratec):
    Price: $ 649.95

front and rear coil springs
    top and bottom poly spring isolators
    transfer case lowering kit
    track bar relocation bracket
    Emu Nitrocharger shock absorber

It looks like Rusty has the sway bar links and a pitman arm, while OME has the "isolators". OME comes in at $190 more.

If Rusty's can do a heavier load rated spring like Emu does, I think I might have to go with it.

I also plan on checking the warranty on both.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Interesting links, but off-topic for a car forum.

Yeah, that was a hint! Enjoy the holiday.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
    I think I am gonna like that safari top after all. It really doesn't do much for Thelma's looks one way or another.

Its real purpose is shade from the sun, and I know I am gonna like that part. I think Ross Allen will get more benefit from it than I had originally thought he would.

The top DOES go back is far as it can, contrary to my prior post. It's just that the roll bar turns and starts downward farther forward than I thought it did. The top goes all the way to the point where the roll bar starts down.

I'm gonna post a pic in the photo gallery, if you are curious about how the top looks. I have three pics posted in gill's gallery, if you want to go there. I added them to an existing album of mine there that shows Thelma with her rocker guards.

Tom

Oh yeah, right on, Steve! Let's talk Jeep in here! :)
  • huckhillhuckhill Member Posts: 20
    I know we have been here before, but now that it is summer, I was wondering if any of you have decided to run your Jeep without the sides and back rather than put on a safari or bikini top? Does it work well or does it drive you crazy with the flapping? Is it too rough on the top to run it like that all through the summer?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    fastm3 --if you are pricing your Jeep off of Kelley Blue Book retail, you are probably too high. There are a few cars that can pull "full blue book" but I don't think a Wrangler can. If you split the diff between wholesale and retail you'd be closer I think, or look up the True Market Value on the Edmunds Home Page.
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Yes; as I understand it the 4 speed auto will be available on the 2003 Wranglers. I bought my Sahara used, so for me the manual was the only way to go. Had a four speed autobox been an option I would have given it serious consideration. That said, I find the manual to be a lot of fun- but I almost never have to deal with stop and go traffic...
  • dwranglerdwrangler Member Posts: 127
    When does the 03 Wrangler come out? I want to wait to see the price on the 03 before I get mine in Aug/Sept...sorry Rob, Tomster and BigK but I can't risk jumping into a car payment 300/mo or more til my job situation is clarified. Though the Wrangler Fever is driving me crazy, I want to be sure of the job situation before I take the plunge. I definitely want the Sienna...both the camel and the agate interior look nice. The soft top will help on cost...I can always get the hardtop later. As for the manual vs auto debate...I have to go for the auto. I have had joint problems from time to time and although I have not been tested for the family ailment...arthitis, it isn't worth the risk of getting the manual.

New or used, congrats on the "slightly used, more like new" Jeep...a Wrangler new or used is a joy forever...ok a joy til the newer model that catches your eye comes along ;).

As for the "debate" on the above posts...come on boys get along here. We celebrate our differences and our similarities...Jeeps that is! If ya wanna take off the gloves for a political or phylosophical discussion...make up a website/chat room for that. We like talkin Jeeps and Jeepstuff here....take it easy. Remember...one nation under God.

ok that's my final comment on that one. Well if I don't chat with you all before or during the 4th holiday weekend...have a safe and happy one...and don't forget.....

HUG YOUR JEEPS FOR ME TIL I GET MINE ;)

dwrangler
  • lawdawgfllawdawgfl Member Posts: 75
    Happy 4th everyone, lets make sure it’s a safe one. I’ll be out protecting the streets of South West Florida, while you enjoy your parades and B-B-Qs. Remember fire works hurt when something goes wrong… be careful.

Addison-
    You have a good 4th too! We don't appreciate you LEOs enough! You guys do a great job that is too often taken for granted by civilians.

Same with our military folks and firemen/rescue workers. Seems like we don't think about our police, firemen, and soldiers until time of crisis. Just human nature, I guess.

So...

Thanks to all of you!

Tom

• markwarren66markwarren66 Member Posts: 32
    Happy 4th to everyone! - Well, last night I installed my bikini top with the "drill" header. Twylie was right- after the first hole, the rest are easy. Everything went very smooth, and it looks/works great. Thanks for the advice and help on this one everybody.
    Hey, Gill's chat room is down again, but the rest of the site is working. Hopefully, Gill will get the chat fixed soon.

We have to remember that Gill does this on the side and at his own expense. He runs a computer shop, has a job with the schoool board maintaining 600 computers, and he administers an ISP service owned by a cable tv company. He has lots of irons in the fire, and he can't always jump right on a problem with itsajeep.org. Often he doesn't know there is a problem until someone emails him, since he doesn't even have time to go to his own site every day.

It's a fun place for all the edmunds gang here to go to and chat with each other, so don't give up if the chat room doesn't work on certain days. Just keep trying.

I see that you've been there, lawdawg. That's great! Keep trying to get into the chat room.

Gill may be in Georgia for the 4th, so it might be a couple days until we have the chat room back.

Tom

• fastm3fastm3 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your message Mr_Shiftright.

The MSRP on my car was $21,875 (although obviously that's not what I actually paid). Kelley Blue Book price with all the options came out to $17,065. I also did a TMV on Edmunds as you suggested and got $16,234. Curiously Edmunds does not allow for inclusion of the Canyon Package in calculating the price, which mine has.

Anyway, I've priced my car at $15,900, so based on the above numbers it shouldn't be too high.

Thanks again,

Alan
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well that sounds like a good price then. I think $17K from Kelley is too high. I've seen dealers ask less that or even less for a 2000 and they of course are providing financing and maybe even extended warranty, etc., so you have to price yours a bit lower to lure people away from the dealer.

What's in a Canyon package?
    The canyon package is the 30" tires, the canyon style aluminum wheels (the real nice, kind of dished wheels) and, in my case anyway, it included the dana 44 rear end. It's a biggie. I believe the retail price of this option on my Thelma Jane was $850.

Tom

• oceantoadoceantoad Member Posts: 186
    The canyon also includes different shocks. I believe they are Bilstein gas shocks.

Still a happy camper.
  • jamesfletcher2jamesfletcher2 Member Posts: 127
    dwrangler -

I believe that the 2003 Wranglers should be at dealers in late September.

I hope this helps.
  • rickagoodmanrickagoodman Member Posts: 11
    Hello all. Over the last week or so I've actually gone back and read every message posted in this forum. I feel like I already know most of you and I've never even posted. Anyway, here's my story. I bought a new TJ back in 1999 and loved having it. Unfortunately, I fell to pressure from my wife and sold it in 2000. Well, she's gone now so I started thinking about getting another one. After reading everyone's posts in here I am now totally set on getting a new TJ. I'm going to hold out for a 2003 since they're so close, but once those babies are out I'll be the first one in line for a new one. If James is right, I've got about another 4 months or so which is going to be hell.

I love how close knit this whole little Edmund's Jeep community is. One of the things that I hated back when I had my 99 Wrangler was all the flaming that I got on internet message boards from people about having a TJ instead of CJ. I'm glad to see that none of that has started up here and hopefully it never will.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. I plan on being an active part of this message board and maybe I'll even stop by Gill's and chat it up with some of you.

Rick
    WELCOME! Glad you decided to break the ice and post.

You read EVERY message in here? MAN! Bet that took a while, huh?

I hope you will do as you say and become a regular poster and frequenter of Gill's.

You are right about this being a close knit group, but we are NOT a clique, and new folks are always welcomed into the family here. Like I said in a prior post, you can only come here once as a stranger.

I love this place, but I guess you know that after reading all the posts. :)

Man, I hope you can make it through your waiting period. Believe me, I know all about Wrangler Fever.

Rick, when you said your wife is gone now, I'm not sure what you meant, but if she passed away, I am terribly sorry.

Once again, welcome, my friend.

Tom

Bury me shallow
    Or bury me deep
    As long as you bury me
    In my Jeep

Tell the mortician
    It's no disgrace
    If he can't remove
    The smile from my face

When friends come view
    My earthly remains
    They'll see me in Thelma
    My Thelma Jane

Be sure she's topless
    And doorless too
    Do this for me
    And I'll be grateful to you

When you get to Heaven
    Be sure to look for us three
    You know we'll be wheelin'
    Thelma Jane, Ross Allen, and me
  • thebigkahunathebigkahuna Member Posts: 83
    Welcome Rick! This is a great place. Lots of support from people who get along without all of the flaming you find elsewhere. Definitely stop by Gill's. It's always fun chatting about Jeeps and a whole lotta of other topics as well. You haven't lived until you've been privy to Tom's jokes :)
    I reread your post, and I think you were referring to your Jeep when you said "she's gone now." My bad. :)

Tom

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I reread your post, and I think you were referring to your Jeep when you said "she's gone now."

I was going to comment too but discretion compelled me to steer clear of that one! :-)

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • rickagoodmanrickagoodman Member Posts: 11
    Yeah, I should have been a lot more clear on that one. When I said that she's gone I was talking about the fact she and I are divorced. Sorry 'bout the confusion on that one.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I thought that was what you meant when you mentioned getting pressured to get rid of the TJ. But I didn't want to stick my foot in it either, lol.

Welcome to Town Hall - great bunch of Jeep folk here.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
    You mean to tell me that your wife said it was either her or your Jeep, and you chose your wife? What were ya thinkin'? :)

Tom

"I'm gonna miss her". (ever hear that fishin' song?)

Also, how about the one about "now I have 3 daughters of my own..." "Just an old, worn out Jeep..."?

:-)
    So, is there enough shade for the dog?

Do you have the back seat in the jeep, or out?

I made up a harness for the dog, which attaches to both rear seat belts, and then to her collar, so she can move around in back, but won't jump out or get thrown out in an accident.

I just leave the factory soft top up for her (the dog, that is).

By the way, topless for over a week, doorless for 3 days (put top and doors on last night for threat of thunder boomers). I made my own mirrors from some old ones I had in the shed. Thank goodness for black spray paint!!!!
    The safari will provide some shade for Ross Allen. If we are driving directly away from the sun, then there wouldn't be any shade, but if the sun is that low, the temperature should be down some anyway.

I think I was too worried about RA getting tossed out. I have wheeled topless and doorless the last two times, and he has made it fine back there. Altough there is some jostling around, the speed is so slow through the rough places that RA can ride it out with no problem.

I took the back seat out within the first couple weeks of owning Thelma Jane, and it has not been back in there since.

I'm getting quite a collection of Jeep parts in my garage. There's the back seat, the original springs and shocks, the bumper corners, and the factory gas tank skid. Of course, the hard top and doors are out there now also. I have sold the Canyon wheels, but they were out there too for a while.

Tom

With your new found mechanical skills and all that extra stuff in the garage I can see you building a Frankenstein Jeep.:) Maybe you can adopt some poor wreck and fix it up for Mrs. Tsjay. Do that and you would always have a Jeepin buddy.

Liked the poem, but you have way to much free time on your hands.

What is the status on your gas tank?
    Boy, turn on your AIM and chat with me! I'm vacating this week and I'm bored. No one to wheel with! :(

I have the hole plugged where the nipple broke off on the roll over valve and I plugged off the vent line that ran to it. I put the tank back in with that "fix" in place, and I'm trying to find out from anyone who knows what they're talking about if it will be OK to run like that for the long term solution. The tank has two roll over valves, one on each side, so I still have the tank vented from the passenger side roll over valve. Why shouldn't one be enough?

Thelma seems happy that way, and the check engine light has not come back on.

You must be shocked that along with my vast skills as a mechanic and a trail guide, not to mention my role as a sex symbol, that I also am a poet. :)

Tom

The song that comes to my mind is one that I think Roy Clarke did. Thank God and Greyhound is the one bounces around in my head.

Another thought bouncing around in my head, Tom as a sex symbol. Scary stuff!!!!!!!!! I know he is a great interior decorator, but sex symbol?

Rick, not that long a wait till the 2003 model comes out. If you are looking for certain options you could always order a 2003 just the way you want. Kind of like Burger King, have it your way. Glad to see you getting back into a Wrangler.

Still a happy camper.
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    "now I have 3 daughters of my own..." "Just an old, worn out Jeep..."?

"rusty ole floor boards.. hot on my feet"
    Have you seen the video? Alan Jackson is an idiot. That is a bronco not a Jeep. Looks like I won't be buying any of his crap or going to his shows anymore. :)

I was reading my alumni news letter and some kid just graduated and his first name is "Jeep". I would love to see what he drives and what all his father owns.

I just got my Jeep American flag stickers. They replace the Jeep sticker on the side and it is a sticker with Jeep painted like the American flag. I think they look sharp. I can find the ordering info and try and find a pic if anyone is interested.

rickagoodman
    Welcome to the board.
    If you plan on off-roading, I would consider getting the Rubicon model that is coming out in '03. It will cost a lot but has some great goodies coming on it.

huckhill
    I use to run with the back and side windows out on my YJ. I did eventually have a rip on the rear corner. I had it sewn back together, so it wasn't a big deal really. I don't what the cause was. It could of just been normal wear and tear. I have heard running like that is rough on the corners of the softtop though. I have a bikini top and I think there is a big difference between those two styles. You can get a lot more air flow with a bikini. I think it is worth it. I don't care for the looks of a safari top and don't have backseat passengers very often.

Tom
    My gas skid bolted up with out lowering it, so I don't much about it. But you do have a breather hose for the D44 that runs up to the gas cap. If that is what you are talking about then you probably want both of them functioning. You can follow the hose up from the axle.
    You are on vacation for the week? Why aren't you in the Rockies or something. I am very disappointed in you. ;)
    No, I haven't seen the video! Big bummer, because I liked the song up until you mentioned that. You sure it's a Bronc?

I, for one, am interested in the flag sticker. I wanted some sort of flag to put on the jeep, but couldn't find one I like.
  • dwranglerdwrangler Member Posts: 127
    Welcome Rick! Well if you've read all those posts I have one question...do you have a headache? :) I've wanted a Jeep for a LONG TIME...I know Rob....just get the darn thing ;)

Just a thought on the Alan Jackson thing...maybe that's the only thing they could use...maybe the negotiations went south...or rust monster brought it to an early demise...or the director was too dumb to know the difference. ;) Who knows :)

Tomster, Nice poem....don't know about the sex symbol part ;)

Thanks for the info on the availability of the 03's...hopefully I'll be ready by then...(money wise that is).

If I see some of you all are online from my buddy list I'll chat with ya later.

I'd like to echo tomster's comments to those in the military, law enforcement, fire/rescue. I too appreciate your sacrifices on my behalf.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Hug your Jeeps for me til I get mine ;)

dwrangler
  • texasjeeptexasjeep Member Posts: 270
    "now I have 3 daughters of my own..." "Just an old, worn out Jeep..."?

"rusty ole floor boards.. hot on my feet"
    Have you seen the video? Alan Jackson is an idiot. That is a bronco not a Jeep. Looks like I won't be buying any of his crap or going to his shows anymore. :)

I was reading my alumni news letter and some kid just graduated and his first name is "Jeep". I would love to see what he drives and what all his father owns.

I just got my Jeep American flag stickers. They replace the Jeep sticker on the side and it is a sticker with Jeep painted like the American flag. I think they look sharp. I can find the ordering info and try and find a pic if anyone is interested.

rickagoodman
    Welcome to the board.
    If you plan on off-roading, I would consider getting the Rubicon model that is coming out in '03. It will cost a lot but has some great goodies coming on it.

huckhill
    I use to run with the back and side windows out on my YJ. I did eventually have a rip on the rear corner. I had it sewn back together, so it wasn't a big deal really. I don't what the cause was. It could of just been normal wear and tear. I have heard running like that is rough on the corners of the softtop though. I have a bikini top and I think there is a big difference between those two styles. You can get a lot more air flow with a bikini. I think it is worth it. I don't care for the looks of a safari top and don't have backseat passengers very often.

Tom
    My gas skid bolted up with out lowering it, so I don't much about it. But you do have a breather hose for the D44 that runs up to the gas cap. If that is what you are talking about then you probably want both of them functioning. You can follow the hose up from the axle.
    You are on vacation for the week? Why aren't you in the Rockies or something. I am very disappointed in you. ;)
    I would LOVE to be out in the Rockies, so just send me the money for gas, food, and motels, and tell me where to meet you. :)

The axle vent is fine, Tex. It was just the gas tank vent on the drivers side roll over valve that got messed up.

Sure wish Gill's would be workin' tonight! Maybe it will be. Let's all give it a try tonight, OK?

I have not seen that video, but that really sucks about it being a Bronco! I still like the song, though, and just about every other song old AJ has come out with. He'll still get my bidness.

Tom