Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    Good post oceantoad; I'll play :)

Stuff I got:
    White/Dk Tan '01 Sport - Wanted the 6 and the D44, didn't want the green Sahara seats in a White/Tan Jeep. I would have liked the 3/4" wider fender flares, but in the basic black if I could (this is what they have since given the Rubicon for flares)

Soft top - We're in Atlanta and the Jeep was not going to be a daily driver for us. We have garage space to park it with the top down. I've owned a few MG's and love the ability to put the top up or down depending on my mood and weather conditions. The sailcloth top used in the '01 and up is less noisy than the older soft tops.

A/C - I live in Atlanta

30" tire/wheel w/ D44 - my wife liked the rims on this package and I liked the fact I didn't have to "justify" getting the D44 to her :)

TracLoc - For mild to moderate off roading, this is an OK option. I know it has helped me in a few situations where an open differential would have been spinning. In hindsight, since it was a $200+ option, I would have taken that money and put it toward an ARB selectable locker. This is the route I'll eventually go, but at the time, I didn't realize I'd enjoy going off road as much as I do.

CD radio - Haven't listened to cassettes in 10 years. I wanted a changer, but since I didn't find a good place to mount one in the Wrangler, I elected to go for the single disc stock unit as a theft deterrent.

5 speaker option - I listened to the 4 speaker stereo and the one with the small subwoofer in the console. While not a true sub, I thought the factory 5 speaker option sounded much better. I also liked the fact that it took up the bottom half of the cavernous center console. If I didn't have the sub, I'm sure I'd have a bunch of junk buried in the bottom of the console by now! I have upgraded the 4 main speakers to Boston Acoustics for improved sound and durability, but you can improve the factory set up for just a few bucks in polyfil and some time.

Fog lights/tow hooks - I knew I was going to need tow hooks and the factory rear one is expensive if bought later (mine is sitting on my workbench right now though since I added a receiver hitch with a shackle). I also wanted the factory wiring and switch for the fog lights, even if I eventually swap them for a dual purpose driving/fog.

Stuff I didn't get:
    Auto - We thought the 5 Speed was fun to drive and since we didn't have to commute in it, the manual was great.

Full doors - Since the upper doors are rarely used on our Jeep, I went with the half doors for looks when the top is down (85% of the year).

Hard top or Dual top - again, we're in ATL, non daily driver, no need for us.

ABS - Didn't want to give up the D44 in exchange for this. Even though our Wrangler has drums in the rear and no ABS, I've never felt ABS would have been a huge benefit for our driving. Having said that, I generally drive the Jeep more slowly and deliberately that I would our commuter vehicle. A bonus to me is one less complex system on the Jeep to worry about down the road.

Cruise - didn't think I'd use it but after a half a dozen 6 hour trips and 2 12 hour drives, I wish I'd gotten it. I will be retro fitting this winter.

Floor mats - knew I was going to be adding CatchAll mats so I skipped these

Add a trunk - thought I might have wanted this, but currently, I've removed my soft top and stored it in the house, run a tonneau cover, and pulled out the rear seat. This gives me enough room, with privacy, but not any additional security.

Sentry Key - didn't get it figuring I'd put in an aftermarket alarm/kill switch. Bonus to me is one less complexity to worry about later. However, Sentry key has saved a couple of Jeeps on this board and is a cheap piece of insurance I think if you have to leave your Jeep unattended very much.

Bottom line is that with the 5 different models and range of options available, the Jeep is one of the most flexible vehicles you can purchase, choosing to set it up for your personal needs. Some of the options are very cost effective compared to aftermarket or adding later. With the financing incentives and longer warranty, it's a great time to buy a Wrangler! Ok, any time is a great time to buy a Wrangler. Wish I'd done it sooner.

-twylie
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Ok, any time is a great time to buy a Wrangler. Wish I'd done it sooner.

-twylie

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!

Man, I wish I had gotten into Jeeps years and years ago! Oh well, I guess I'm making up for lost time.

When are we gonna get together for some wheelin', Trey???

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    Thanks for your posts. These new friends of ours need to hear from more than one guy. I get carried away talkin' Jeep sometimes, huh?

Tom

• appstate88appstate88 Member Posts: 40
    Boy, I really enjoy watching the buying process unfold. Everybodys got an opinion, and it makes you realize how individual each Wrangler is!

I'd like to put in a plug for buying what is on the lot. You can get a much better price if you are willing to not be real picky on options, but are picky on price.

We went to buy my wifes Wrangler in the spring of '98 when the TJ was still a relatively new model with all the excitement that brings.

We had a couple of items we had to have (6 cylinder, Air, 5 speed, cruise...), with everything else as "nice to have".

Also, I did the negotiating since it wasn't my vehicle, and I was very willing to walk away. Give my wife credit for not blowing a gasket during the negotiation process, 'cause she really wanted the Wrangler.

Well, we drove a Sahara with way more goodies than we wanted. We very vocally (but politely...)told the salesman we didn't want the full doors, 30 inch tires, ABS and other stuff.

But, we might consider them if the price was right...

Long story short I negotiated it to $50 over invoice with an additional $500 knocked off with the rebate. Felt like it was a fair price for all concerned.

So, put simply, know your product, be flexible and (hardest of all...), be willing to walk away.

Now, having said all that, let me add my 2 cents worth in the Dana 44 debate. If you end up going custom, definitely go for the 44. But also remember that a stock non 44 Wrangler is still a better off road vehicle than 99.9% of the 4 wheel drive vehicles on the market. It's up to you to decide whether it is a "must have" or not.

Good hunting!

Cam
  • anonymous02anonymous02 Member Posts: 1,538
    Go for the 3.73. You can always use 5th. I rarely use 5th with my 3.07 gears.

Skip the steps. Buy a little plastic stepstool at your local whatevermart store. You can remove it a lot easier from your jeep. :-) PLUS, you can use it for washing the windshield or top or whatever, and also use in the garage or whatever.
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    Buying off the lot is not always the way to get the absolutely best price. This time of year though it certainly is. Dealers are wanting to clear out their 02's to make room for the 03's. In the middle of the model year it is usually cheaper to order exactly what you want, if the dealer is willing to do so. The vehicles that sit on their lot for months rack up insurance and other significant overhead costs. An ordered vehicle hits their lot and goes out the door. Some dealers won't acknowledge this, and try to get more money for ordered vehicles. If a dealer tells you it is cheaper for him to sell you a vehicle that has been on their lot for months versus ordering exactly what you want, just walk.
  • shill3shill3 Member Posts: 124
    Skip the standard floor mats. They look nice with the logo, but slide all over the place. I am replacing mine with some rubber floor mats that I found at SAMS. They hold 2 quarts of water/slush/cinders/etc. and are pretty inexpensive ($20 for two last time I looked).

If you have the hard top, consider getting a nice summer top (safari, bikini, etc) and skip the standard soft top. I will be taking my hard top off in April and plan to keep it off until September. But, I love going topless and doorless for months at a time, that may not be for you. If you do go aftermarket, you can get a different type of top (fastback, etc.) that would set you apart.

Good luck.
  • larry18larry18 Member Posts: 48
    When I ordered my 02 Sahara last December I paid invoice and still received the option of the rebate or the 0% financing. The 7/70 warranty was also included. I ordered the 5 speed with the Dana 44 and trac lock, even went for the dual top option. Being a Sahara it came with most of bells and whistles. I haven't found anything I would change if I ordered another Wrangler. I just wish the 4 wheel disks were an option in 2002.

The Wrangler has been over the mountain passes near Ouray, CO and on the trails at Camp Jeep 2002. It is amazing what these vehicles are capable of doing! I would recommend a trip to next year's Camp Jeep for any Jeep owner. It was well worth the money and the time.
    Everyone run out of something to say?

Gosh, I liked all the posting we were having the last couple days. Why is everyone so quiet all of a sudden?

Tom

• lvcheflvchef Member Posts: 52
    Boy oh boy did I have a Terrible weekend! I went off roading in the BLM land near my house. i was doing some average wheelin, when I saw a trail heading up one of the numerous mountians. I went up it and stopped on a flat plato to take some pics. The next stage of the hill was VERY aggressive with lots of LARGE Rocks. I was over 3/4 the way up when BAM!!! My tire blew out. This quickly became a huge problem as I had almost zero space to back up and turn around. This was a chore, I creept down the hill to the place where I took the pictures and got out to evaluate the situation. While I was going up the hill, the side wall of my tire slammed into a VERY large pointed, sharp rock and punctured the tire. I began to look for my Jeep supplied Jack and get to work.Granted this is not a big deal, but I am out of Cell phone reception, no water, no gloves, I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes, and miles from a road and the sun is going down. To make a long story short, I jacked up the Jeep w/ the jack supplied changed the tire and went home Very Pissed. I have learned a very valuable lesson:
    1. Never go off roading in the Desert without Water!
    2. Never go off roading with out long pants and boots. (Scorpions, snakes and sharp rocks)
    3. Always have a off road emergency kit with you. Mine now consists of gloves, a flashlite, knife, tow straps, Duct Tape and Zip Strips (never know when you'll need zip strips or Duct tape)
    And finally...
    4. I have replaced my stock Jack with a HiJack!
    The stock jack is made for paved roads, not the desert..

This has been my most important lesson in my short off roading adventure and I hope this information will help to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

LVChef
    MAN! I'm glad you made it back OK! I guess you pretty much violated every rule of wheelin', huh?

Thanks for sharing that adventure, and I hope we all take heed to what it teaches.

Have you found very many wheelin' buds out there? That's my problem a lot of the time. I am free to go and dying to go, but my buds are all unavailable. I HATE it when that happens!

Tom

• mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    'Wheeling without water??!!!?? I know better and I do it all the time (dumb!).

I have also had occasion to change a tire when I was several miles from any paved road and over 10 miles from the closest phone or community. Luckily I was on a dirt road that wasn't too sandy, so the stock jack worked out. My biggest problem was breaking loose the lug nuts. I ended up standing on the handle of the jack and bouncing (gently). The last time I tried that was on a pickup truck and I ended up stripping the threads on one of the bolts - not a good thing. I really need to get a hijack - while I'm very cautious, I do enough stuff alone that I should have some ability to self-recover.

Boots and gloves are great ideas. If the sharp rocks, snakes, and scorpions don't get you the cactus and yuccas will!
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    I was lurking and came across the Dana 35/44 discussion. I learned something new today as I never had a clue about rear ends ratios. When Im in the market for a Jeep Wrangler at least I know what to look for and its about time they put a 4 speed auto in the wrangler. Thanks.....
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Harrowing!

I will reiterate along with the others - NEVER EVER NEVER go off into the desert without water and supplies! Never!

tidester, host
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Welcome aboard! We're glad you decided to step out of the shadows and join in the discussion!

tidester, host
    The Funny thing is I am a Very avid hiker. I have done numerous hikes here. I wasn't planning on doing any real off roading. But something overcame me when I saw that mountian. I wont make that mistake again with the water! On the other hand I could have broken off a piece of Cactus and drank the fluid from it...Just joking...
    I have a few friends who I can go wheelin with and they are off on the same days as me. 2 buddies have Jeeps and 1 has a Range Rover Defender 90 - real hardcore. The bad thing about going in groups here is it is so dusty following the leader. By the time you take a break for lunch you are covered in soot. Anyways I wish I was in your neck of the woods to go to that Turkey Bay place and hit some mud and terrine that is not all rocks....
    The Stock Jack worked OK. It wasn't the best tool for the job. The ground where I am is rocky and loose and the jack was having problems staying stable. No an ideal situation. Plus it seemed as if I was cranking the thing for an hour (remember I had no H2O, I was thirsty :)). Over all it worked well, but I would rather have a better product thats made for my applications. What Im really trying to say is that I hope that I will NEVER have to use my new Jack again, but if I do, it's there...
    Thanks for the Cacti and Yucca warning! Beware of the Coyotes...
    Viva Las Vegas
    Glad it turned out OK for you chef! I found a decent solution for storing all my junk (first aid kit, couple of bottles of water, waterproof matches, gloves, a couple of heavy plastic garbage bags, fake leatherman, bug spray, half roll of paper towels, bungees, ratchet straps, duct tape, couple of packs of nabs...). I picked up an ammo case from the army surplus store. They had all different sizes, but the big one I use is about 6"w x 18"l x 11"h. I think I paid $7 for it. It's metal, so nothing inside gets crushed. It's waterproof, so no worries there. It's got handles that lock tight and fold down, and the removable lid is strong enough to use as a jacking base should I need to change a tire in soft sand, etc. Mine is sufficiently loaded up that it's reasonably heavy now, but so far it's worked out to be a really good, cheap solution to having a bunch of stuff rattling around in back.

I'm thinking about picking a few smaller ones up to organize the stuff I use to camp/fish/hike etc. so I can easily swap them in and out when needed.

-twylie
    Welcome! It's always great to have new folks show up.

I'm glad you learned some things that might be useful to you. This is where I came to learn things I needed to know before ordering my Jeep. I have good old Edmunds to thank for knowing what options would be best and even for knowing what kind of deal I should hold out for once the time came to order.

What you have to realize is that the salesmen at the DC dealers know SQUAT about Jeeps, with only rare exceptions. I was fortunate in that my salesman did know something about them, but that was at the third dealer that I shopped. The salesmen at the first two dealers knew nothing about how to package options for a Jeep. They didn't know what you could get with what or what you couldn't get if you ordered something else.

It's a good thing for me that I just plain couldn't afford to get a Jeep when I first got "Wrangler Fever" or no telling what I would have ended up with. I used the time to go to Jeep message boards, mainly here at Edmunds. This is how I knew what would be the best options, so when I ordered, I knew what I was doing.

Most dealers just don't sell very many Jeeps, and some small dealers may not even sell a single Jeep in the course of a year. I guess that's why knowledgeable Jeep salesmen are rare.

Oh, I said I couldn't afford a Jeep when I first got Wrangler Fever. Well, I STILL couldn't afford a Jeep when I placed the order, but I didn't let that stop me. I just HAD to have a Jeep! I am not one bit sorry that I went ahead and took the plunge.

Once again, welcome!

Tom

• oceantoadoceantoad Member Posts: 186
    I 'm with Twylie, I carry all sorts of stuff under the seat, in the console, etc. I believe in comfort so I have lots of stuff to keep me comfortable. Glad he mentioned the first aid kit, because it would be real easy to draw blood with no real effort on your part.

One of my most important items that I carry in a ziploc bag is a small roll of toilet paper. Came in handy when I had some folks with me years ago. If you needed it, I guess it would be an emergency!

You could also pick up some of the small water packets and toss in your console.

Glad you made out ok other than the loss of a tire.
  • 0ptimus0ptimus Member Posts: 7
    When I was looking for my Jeep, I wanted the Dana 44 axles. They come with the 30in Wheel group. You can get that as an option with a Sport edition. I bought the Sahara though. The 30in wheel group comes standard. Does this mean that I still get the Dana 44 axle? How can I tell what my Jeep has?

0ptimus
    The Dana 44 is taller, but the Dana 35 is more round or pumpkin shaped. Another very easy way to tell the difference is to check the fill plug. The Dana 35 has a rubber plug, while the Dana 44 has a threaded metal plug.

For other questions about what your Jeep has or doesn't have, you can give your VIN to a dealer, and they can call up and print out a "build sheet" that lists everything in detail.

Tom

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    $7 for an ammo box is cheap! I use them for waterproof storage when I go canoeing - bombproof. I've seen guys weld hasps to the lids so you can lock the lids, and then lock the handle to the seat or something to keep it from "walking off."

Check the lids if you buy used ones so you get one with a good seal in it.

Steve, Host
    Did you air down your tires? Wow! You are lucky you didn't end up spending the night!
    Jeep.com lists the Sahara std. features as D30/D35, but don't think that is correct. I did not notice anywhere in the option list for the 2003 Sahara that you could select the D44 rear axle, so my assumption would be that ALL Sahara's come standard with the D44. Visually, if the rear differential shape is round, it's a 35, if it looks more like an apple on its side, it's a 44. Good luck!

-twylie
    That is why I went with the Sahara, because they had all the options standard. This was the only thing confusing me. I just made the same assumption that all Saharas come with D44. I will check out the axle and see. Thanks for the replies...
    How ironic. My father works as a firearm / ammunition tester for DoJ. He gave me a few of his ammo cans. He said people pay lots for these things. I guess $7 isn't too bad. They are awesome though. I got some small ones and a bigger one. Thanks for reminding me I have them. I will have to store them in my Jeep. How perfect.

Matt
    I bet the little ones are strong enough to support the OEM jack in sand too :-)

Steve, Host
    Most people just bolt them right in on the fender wells in back from what I can tell. Put a hasp on, and you are all set.
    The bigger ones make ok camp chairs too. I put foam in the bottom of mine for padding my camera, etc. Would help prevent some rattling. We used the large ones for toilets on a 3 week Grand Canyon raft trip last December (more info than you wanted to know I bet, LOL).

Steve, Host
    a mention of ammo containers would have sparked so much interest. The smallest ones I have (about 3/4 the size of a shoebox) were only $2 each. I thought it was a deal, but figured I'd already subsidized part of them through my annual payment to uncle sam.

-twylie

Steve - you're right. Too much info...
  • shill3shill3 Member Posts: 124
    Seems like a great idea to keep these supplies packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the guy that had the Jeep before me put in the upgraded stereo and so what little storage space was behind the seats is now taken up by a speaker box.

What's the word on off-road racks. I have seen several on the internet. Seems like one that I could mount on, or above, the spare could carry supplies, fuel, water, etc. and still let me bring my kids along. I could keep it stocked in the garage and then mount it when going off the beaten path.

BTW, what are "zip strips"?
    The big problem with the tire mounted and tailgate mounted racks is the wieght limitation. I think the rear tire carrier is only rated to 75lbs, so a rack there would have to be for lightweight stuff. Olympic makes what I think is called a "pack rack" that drills into the tailgate. If you use thier optional kit, it can support up to 200 lbs with the tailgate closed. Other options would include some of the "mountaineer" or "top hat" style racks that attach to the sport bar, either covering the rear seating area or mounting on top of the Jeep to the roll bars. Most racks are in the $200-300 range. If you want to go big time, you can get aftermarket bumpers with swing out tire carriers. These can be fitted to hold jerry cans, hi-lifts, etc. but are pricey starting around $500 and up. Email me and I can send you some specific links depending on what constraints you have (storage space, weight, height.)

I think zip strips are what I call zip ties. Those plastic strips used to secure wiring harnesses, etc. Really handy things.

-twylie
    TO all my Jeep buddies...

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, NO MATTER HOW LOW THE PRICE, BUY ANY USED AMMO CANS OF THE LARGE VARIETY FROM OUR HOST, STEVE!!

lol, don't worry. We rented them from an outfitter in Flagstaff :-)

Yeah, they clean 'em and rent them to the next trip down.... the National Park Service is pretty picky about "pack in, pack out."

Steve, Host
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I still can't tell if I have D44 or not. I assumed the differential is the center of the axle in the rear. Right? Well it doesn't look exactly round and neither exactly like a sideways apple. Someone also mentioned the fill plugs. Where are those? I will check to see if they are rubber or metal. Any other ways to see if the new Saharas come with D44?
    The differential is in the middle of the rear axle, yes. A Dana 44 will be much less symmetrical than the Dana 35. The 44 is longer in the vertical toward the left (diver's) side.

The fill plug is on the back side of the differential on the cover about half way up, if I remember correctly. The idea is to fill the differential with gear oil until it begins to run out the fill hole.

When they check the fluid level during routine servicing, they remove the plug to see if oil runs out or if they can stick their finger in there and find the oil level right up to the bottom of the fill hole.

The front differential is off center toward the driver's side, and these are Dana 30's from the factory. The front end does not take nearly the load that the back end does, so they use a smaller differential up front.

Tom

• likalarlikalar Member Posts: 108
    Thanks again for more good trailering advice. I'm still making up my mind about a Wrangler or Cher. Sport. for the job. The guy with the used Wrangler offered to hook up my trailer next week for a try; Pretty generous of him!
    About those ammo boxes- Maybe not as hardcore as the real thing, but years ago we used several sizes of Tupperware for the small things that need to stay dry and dust-free.-registration papers, first aid kits, etc. I even had a small one screwed to the topside of a dirt-bike fender for the paperwork. The micro-wavable Tupperware products have the best shape retention and thicker materials. The disposable type products from the market will chafe and wear through. As far as carrying water..A big camping supply store has a zillion container choices. Check out a Camelback 70 oz. personal water pack with one-way suck tube. They're meant to be worn on the back by hikers, bicyclists, etc, (I use one on my motorcycle) but I saw one strapped onto the back of the headrest on a Jeep with the tube up near the driver's head. The big opening in the container is so you can put in whole ice cubes with the liquid.
    Someone commented on dealers/salespeople that know nothing about Jeeps. The guy I talked to boasted that all Jeeps since 1999 have 4 wheel disc brakes. When I made him lean over to see the rear drum brake on a Jeep, he insisted that it was just a mud shield to protect the disc brake behind it. He could raelly care less if he was selling Jeeps or toasters. LOL! Thanks again, everyone (and Edmunds) for the info on these boards, (which I've been wading through bit by bit).
    Larry
    Zip strips are called Zip ties, but it just sounds cooler- Zip Strip. The Ammo Cases work great! I have put a latch and a eye on them to lock em. I havent figured out where to mount mine yet. I think I am going to bolt it into the body and maybe into the frame. I store some very valuable items in there and dont want anyone walking away with my stuff..
  • dillondogdillondog Member Posts: 14
    Did you get the 5 speed manual transmission with your Sahara? When you build a 03 Sahara on the Jeep web site there is only an option for the Dana 44 if you select an automatic transmission. It may be possible with the 30 inch wheel group and 5 speed manual transmission you get the Dana 44. That appears to be the way the 03 Wrangler brochure states it but I don't understand the reasoning. But sometimes the brochures are misleading.
    I just learned that you can go to the Jeep web site (www.jeep.com) and request a vehicle build sheet for your Jeep!

I will list the steps that you have to take:

1. www.jeep.com
    2. type in "customer service" in the search window at the top of the home page
    3. in the next window that pops up, click on the second option "how do I contact Chrysler"
    4. in the next window, click on the third option down on the left side "customer assistance-United States" (click on the little envelope icon)
    5. now you are there! fill out the form and at the top, just ask them to send you a vehicle build sheet

I have just done that, and I am waiting on my build sheet to be sent via email. I have the build sheet anyway, but I am just trying out the service to be sure it works.

Optimus, this is something you might be interested in, since you want to know which rear end you have. The methods we have talked about already are much simpler and faster, but you might have other questions that the build sheet would answer.

You are supposed to be able to get the exact date that your Jeep was built from this build sheet. I already have that info on my Thelma Jane, since I got this info from my dealer. I didn't look closely at my hard copy build sheet to look for a data and time, but I will later (if I can find it).

Have fun.

Tom

Just had to grab 7000, but someone may beat me to it if I don't hurry up, so I'm outta here! :)

OK, now that I have 7000, I have come back in the "edit" mode to make this post at least semi-legitimate.

Here's something that you prospective Wrangler purchasers might not know. If you order from the factory, your Jeep will come in with your name printed on the window sticker. At the top it will say, "This vehicle was built especially for _______" (your name). I think they just put the name of the dealership there, if the vehicle was not a factory order for an idividual. Cool, huh?

Tom

It is WAY out of date, but for you new guys and gals, you might want to check out Thelma Jane's web page.

What might be of special interest to you folks that are thinking about getting a new Jeep is my buying experience. I tell in the web page about going to three different dealers and what an AMAZING difference there was in the deals I was offered. I was going to order exactly the same Jeep from the factory, and, of course, I had the same trade-in vehicle at each dealer. I knew what would be a good deal and what wouldn't because of good old Edmunds, so I knew the first two dealers were way out of line.

Take a look if you are interested.

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

I was moaning about not getting a soft top in part of that web page, but that was before I got my little S10 pickup to drive on rainy days when the hard top was off. It's not so bad having only a hard top when you can take it off and leave it off pretty much all summer.

Tom

Tsjay
    Where do you find out this info?? Anyway thanks! I sent in for my build sheet on my 2002 Wrangler. My last window sticker on my 2001 had my name on it, pretty cool. I showed everyone, my wife thought I was a idiot... Glad to see someone else digs that feature.Keep me posted on your build sheet and I'll do the same.
    Hey, it has been a while since I posted the link to my best friend's web page.

My number one wheelin' buddy and very best friend in the whole world is my "granddog," Ross Allen. Ross Allen loves to go wheelin' with me, and I have only been twice without him, and that was because it couldn't be helped.

Here's a link to the web page I made for him. Like the page for Thelma Jane, it has not been updated in ages.

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/raj.html

Tom

Has anyone recieved a copy of the new JEEP magazine? I use to get a small pamphlet from Jeep, but this issue is Huge! It has articles of intrest, web pages, Great photos, and an area for us to send in our pics of our Jeeps!! It is vol 1 issue 1 of this new publication. It looks like it will be a winner!!!
    Yeah, it's really cool! I got mine yesterday, I think it was.

Where do I get my info, you asked? Well, I eat, sleep, drink, dream JEEP! :) I think if you opened up my skull, a Jeep would fly out.

I spend hours a day on Jeep web sites (mainly here, obviously, but elsewhere too).

Tom

• mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    I'm glad you included a link to Ross Allen's page. I was about to ask you about that. You can't forget that some of us out here think your 'wheeling buddy is really a sweetheart. I'm not so sure about my hiking buddy - he just walked in here carrying one of my dirty socks...