Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Wrangler

Comments

• oceantoadoceantoad Member Posts: 186
    Way to go! I am willing to bet that you are going to be real happy with your Sport.

Don't have any experience with the winch for the top, but three of the catalogs that I get have the same two listed. One appears to be a manual winch and the other is electric operated. The prices for all three companies are close, but a little different. Guess you would need to look at the shipping to get the best deal. JC Whitney looks like it is the cheapest, but did not look at shipping.

Time to start ordering those wish books.

http://quadratec.com

http://4wd.com

http://jcw.com/jeep

When I ordered my Sport in April, it took less than a month to get it to me in Texas. It took 2 weeks to build from the date I ordered at the dealer and the rest of the time was getting it down here by rail. I tracked mine the whole way during shipping, that was part of the fun. I would hope that you would get yours before Christmas.

Have fun and keep posting.

Still a happy camper.

• anonymous02anonymous02 Member Posts: 1,538
    I'd probably do pretty close to the same thing if I were ordering right now.
    There is an orangey and a rust color which are both pretty nice that I'd consider, otherwise, much the same as you did.
  • dmacedmace Member Posts: 7
    Just curious about all the ordering of wranglers. Is it because your ordering something special or they just don't have any 03's yet on their lots?
    I'm looking to buy a wrangler also, but didn't realize I would need to order it. I've been to the dealers and they just say they'll find it from another dealer. Is this legit? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Also, it's great to see some gals out there with wranglers! Any out there over 40?
  • smurf6smurf6 Member Posts: 27
    I can't speak for anyone else but I had to order it because I didn't want the 30" tire package. Dealerships in this area order Sports with the 30" tire package because people tend to like "the look". Since I wanted a different tire, I had to order. If I had taken the package, they had one on the lot that pretty much met what I was looking for right down to the color.
  • likalarlikalar Member Posts: 108
    The owners manual suggests a different fluid for the Dana 44 rear if the Jeep is to be used for towing. So I went to the dealer and got the $50.00 worth of special juice and 4 oz. of the special additive (Yikes!-This stuff costs way more than the best olive oil. ;-) )). I found the fill plug just like in the manual, but damn if I'm missing the drain plug. I guess I'll go get a pump to clear it out from the fill plug. Any suggestions on what pump, or do you just tip the whole Jeep to the rear to drain it?? Thanks again.
    Larry
  • tsjaytsjay Member Posts: 4,591
    Uh, you will be looking for a LONG time for that drain plug. :)

Sorry, but I got a kick out of that. Don't mean to be makin' fun of you, cause I sure "ain't no mechanic" either. Larry, you have to take the differential cover off to drain the fluid. I suppose you could pump a lot of it out through the fill hole somehow, but that would still leave crud in the bottom.

You'll want to go buy some RTV sealant, like Permatex, and you take the cover off the differential. Just get a good catch pan under the differential and when the cover seal is broken, the fluid will run down into the catch pan.

Get a can or two of brake cleaner and really douse everything really good inside the differential, once the old fluid has completely drained and you have the cover off. Just spray the gears and the inside of the differential housing real good with the brake cleaner. Once you are through, then get some kind of rag that will not leave lint behind and sop up the brake cleaner that has accumulated in the bottom of the differential housing.

Clean the mating surfaces real well where the differential cover contacts the housing and apply the RTV sealant. Put the cover back on and bolt it up. Some of the RTV will squish out around the edge of the cover, but that is normal.

Then, refill your differential until the level reaches the fill hole.

This is NOT a detailed set of instructions, Larry. This is just sort of an outline of what you need to do. Do you have a buddy who knows how to do this stuff?

I admire you for being willing to take this on yourself! Jeepers need to know how to do some maintenance on their rigs, and, if they are like me and have very limited mechanical knowlege, then they need to learn. I am fortunate to have a Jeep buddy who "held my hand" through the process of changing the differential fluid. We HAD to do the rear, since he was installing that locker for me, but I did the front on my own (well, he helped some).

Tom

Have you hugged your Jeep today?
    Nice Jeep! I am curious about why you didn't want the 30" tire package? You gonna get some after market wheels and tires?

I know the waiting will be tough for you. It sure was for me, and my wait was very short: I live only about 8 hours from Toledo, so they didn't have to use rail shipment. I think it was only three weeks and two days from the time I placed the order until the day I picked up Thelma Jane.

Tom

Welcome, and a big Jeep wave from Kentucky!

So, you're gonna get a new Wrangler? You will never regret it! Jeeps are more fun than you can imagine.

The reason so many are ordered is partly because most folks who buy a new Jeep have a very specific set of options that they want, and they are most often not willing to settle for "something close." Also, there just aren't that many Wranglers compared to other makes of vehicles, so the odds of finding one just exactly like you want it are lower.

Dmace, I urge you to read LOTS of the posts in here before buying or ordering. This forum helped me immensely in knowing what to get and in knowing what kind of deal to hold out for.

If you would like to read about my buying experience, then go to Thelma Jane's web page.

http://www.members.aol.com/tjoh298765/thelma.html

Keep us posted on your progress in getting a Jeep.

Tom

Hey Tom, how come you had to change the FRONT diffy fluid? Did you do a front locker, too?

???
    No, I didn't get a front locker, but I wanted to change the fluid after all the wheeling I have done.

I think it might be a good idea to change fluids in both diffs maybe twice a year as much wheelin' as I do.

I want to get my tranny and t-case fluids changed pretty soon. Will get my buddy to help on that, but I think it's really simple. No cover to take off, just drain and refill.

Tom

Thank you Tom,
    And a big ol' jeep wave back at ya from Texas! I loved reading your story. How did you come up with the name Thelma Jane? I love it. She's a great looking jeep! My husband wants me to wait for the lease to be up on the GC but I do have the bug and I have a hard time getting my mind off the wrangler. One jeep dealership said I was crazy to give up the GC for the wrangler. Can you believe it? Pretty much lost me as a customer. I've been reading the posting and they have been extremly helpful. Like I said in my profile, my son had a wrangler and oh my gosh, it was sooo fun to drive. One thing he told me before I even got behind the wheel was about the wave. Told me I had to wave at every single jeep I saw. After I'd get back he'd ask me if I waved. He told me he'd find out if I didn't, cause at that time he had the only yellow jeep in the area. I had a blast. Waved at every single jeep. Want my own, 5 speed dual tops. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks Tom,

Dee
  • geepersgeepers Member Posts: 93
    Some years back, when my folks were in their 70's, their Honda got smushed. Jeez, now they had to finally ride in my Wrangler. I suppose I waved three or so times to other Jeeps without much thought. I don't remember her exact words but my mom who was in the front asked me what was going on. I told her we had to wave at other Jeeps and gave her a quick lesson on recognizing another Wrangler. She had a ball.

Pa, riding in the back, said "Hey, that's a good sounding engine."

I guess the GC folks don't do the wave, eh?
  • mtngalmtngal Member Posts: 1,911
    Not only are there other women Wrangler owners, some of us are over 40. I'm the one who insisted on getting the Wrangler back in '98, and after enduring occasional complaining from my other half, who thought it was too small and noisy for a couple of years, he is now thinking that it might be a nice idea to replace the Taco with another one. I'm the one who has been thinking about some type of Subie as a nice compliment for my Noble Black Steed. My husband, on the other hand, is talking about a not-red-or-black Wrangler. Don't get me wrong, my black Wrangler looks really great, but it is definitely hotter in the summer - something to think about in Texas (former resident of Copperas Cove).

smurf6 - that Patriot Blue is a wonderful color! It would have been my first choice color, but they've come out with a couple of new colors I really like. Sounds like you are going to have a nice rig. I have just the hard top, though I really wanted the dual tops when I bought it. My hard top has never been off (no place to put it) and there are only a couple of times when I would like to go topless. This past weekend up in the Sierras was one of them (but not in the frosty mornings!). Keep us informed on your journey to Wrangler ownership.
  • appstate88appstate88 Member Posts: 40
    Tom,
    What do you mean you're no mechanic! If you're not you certainly talk a good game. That was a great description of how to work on the diff.

Maybe you should be the Jeep consultant for Klick and Klack on NPR :)

Cam
    Thanks for all the info on the jeep wave. It was great!
    I am lovin this site!

Dee
  • bamatazzbamatazz Member Posts: 311
    Hey Jeepers bama is still here.
    Family took a mini vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennesse. We took TAZZ up there. Saw LOTS of jeeps there. Some guy even had his top down BRRRR too cold for that in the mountains.
    Tazz did GREAT up there, Just no room for a family of 4 plus lugage.
    WELCOME to all the newbies here, I love hearing about NEW jeeps. Keep us posted on your orders. Still no RUBICON orders out there?
    Ive GOTTA go see one of those. Maybe this weekend.
    KEEP POSTING!!

KEEP JEEPIN
    ROLLLL TIDE
    BAMATAZZ
    I like the SAHARA 5 speed khaki but would rather have the black dual tops. Looking at the web page it only shows it comes with the khaki tops. I was told by one dealership that the khaki top was the only way it came, but another one said no problem they would just order dual black tops. Does anyone know which one is right?
    About those RUBICON'S! We have one dealership here that is loaded with them. They are pretty nice.

Dee
    Tom, the instructions worked great! I hadn't done this (remove the cover) before, and I really was looking for a drain hole. And yes, a neighbor mechanic gladly came to lend a hand as you suggested. The project was easy enough (after your post) and I feel a bit more confident now about digging in. Thanks!
    Larry
  • youngturkyoungturk Member Posts: 30
    I can't access post no. 6999 for some reason. Can someone repost the instructions for obtaining your build sheet?

Thanks,

YoungTurk
    (soon to be TJ owner)
    Wonder why you couldn't get to this post???

Oh well, here it is anyway. Have fun.

#6999 of 7177 This is so cool! by tsjay Oct 23, 2002 (08:36 pm)
    I just learned that you can go to the Jeep web site (www.jeep.com) and request a vehicle build sheet for your Jeep!

I will list the steps that you have to take:

1. www.jeep.com
    2. type in "customer service" in the search window at the top of the home page
    3. in the next window that pops up, click on the second option "how do I contact Chrysler"
    4. in the next window, click on the third option down on the left side "customer assistance-United States" (click on the little envelope icon)
    5. now you are there! fill out the form and at the top, just ask them to send you a vehicle build sheet
    Way to go! Congratulations on getting that fluid changed. Feels good to do some mechanical work on your Jeep, doesn't it? I really think that's part of the "Jeep Thing." I have never learned to do more than just the most basic mechanical stuff, but I enjoy doing it.

This is where a good, experienced mechanic friend or neighbor comes in handy! :) It's especially nice if the guy is a Jeeper too.

You are most welcome, Larry. Glad my post helped ya.

Tom

Well, my good Jeep buddies, old Tom is now the proud owner of a new digital camera. I have never owned one before, but I have been wanting one for a long time.

I got a Olympus D 550 Zoom, 3.0 mega pixels. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it. :)

I have taken a few practice pics, and it's obvious that I have some learning to do.

I'm halfway decent with my 35MM camera, but I need to learn which settings to use with that digi camera.

I hope to get it all figured out soon, so that I can post some wheelin' pics whenever I get a good shot or two without having to wait for film processing.

I think I'm going to really like having a digi!

Tom

I will be making payment number 23 on Thelma Jane later today, and it has been a LONG time since I got that deep into the paymemt coupon book on a vehicle. When I signed the dotted line on Thelma Jane, I was buying my THIRD new vehicle in a 21 month period! Obviously, that had to stop. :)

I couldn't always buy a NEW vehicle, but I had a history of trading about once a year going way back over many, many years.

Well, I am still in love with my Jeep, and I have absolutely NO desire to trade. Thelma Jane has cured me of that trading fever.

I am just as excited about her as when I first got her. I am SURE there is not another type of vehicle that I could have bought that would have me so satisfied after two years. I can't see EVER trading my Jeep!

Tom

You better put a coat of wax on Thelma if you want her to be around in another 10 years, even though that goes against owning a Jeep.

;-)
  • justinjustin Member Posts: 1,918
    but in my past two Jeeps, I never had any fluids changed but the oil and coolant. the dealer never bothered. first Jeep was a used 95 Sahara, and the second was a brand new 99 Sport. of course, i never put it in 4 wheel drive except on the beach during the summer once or twice, and once or twice in the winter. never actually went "4 wheeling".

all these rear end fluid changes - why? are they necessary for every day, non-4 wheel driving, Jeeps as well?

almost afraid to see the answers i get...
  • twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    tom,

We've had an Oly 460Z for almost 2 years now. I bought it to help me decide if I wanted to spring the $$$ for a nice digicam. Mine's only 1.3 megapix, but it's been a great camera. I found the auto setting works great about 98% of the time, so I stopped fooling with with the manual setting and just started taking pictures. you'll love having a digicam for wheeling trips! One of the cool features of the Olympus and Camedia software is the ability do panorama shots. One from our last trip to Acadia is below (we had to hike this peak, no Jeeps allowed!). I think this one is 5 pictures "stiched" together.

http://www.ewylie.com/images/misc/sgtmtnpan.jpg

-twylie

I would think that the gear oil in a differential on a Jeep that never offroads would be good for a L-O-N-G time. :) Of course, a Jeep that never gets taken offroad would suffer from severe pyscological problems and would need couseling. :)

The main reason that offroading necessitates the changing of the fluid is that water or other contaminates can get into the differential. The differential housings are vented with a hose. The vent hose for the rear diff runs up along side the fill tube for the gas tank. You want the open end of the vent to be as high as possible, so that you don't get it submerged when crossing through mud holes or creeks.

Anyway, I'm not sure you would ever even worry about changing the fluid in the diffs for all pavement driving.

Tom

Trey:

I hope you are still online and come back to this message board. I have questions! We could hook up in Gill's or on AIM.

Nice pic, by the way!

Tom

Great picture! I put together a series of 6 frames taken with a 35 MM camera on slide film and then used photoshop to line up each frame. After many hours and bad words, I decided not to try that again. I gather it is much easier to do with a digital camera. One of these days...
  • twylietwylie Member Posts: 619
    I'm almost embarrased to tell you how easy it was. Tell the camera you're going to shoot in panorama and in what direction (up, down, left or right). Shoot up to ten frames, overlapping each one slightly. Download to the PC and tell the software which pictures you want to be part of the panorama. Voila!

If you look closely at the corners, you can see where the software blends the edges. It throws away part of each picture, choosing where to match it all up. It's very slick and something that would have taken much much longer w/ Photoshop. I've done what you described and I think I invented new cusswords!

The digital we have can be bought for about $130ish now since it's an older model.

-twylie
    I did notice the slight blurring between frames, but it was far less than someone else's panorama I saw (also from a digital camera). And I only really noticed it at one join. The one I did came out really well, but far too many hours to make it worth it (even if the Grand Tetons are spectacular).

I've been weather-watching today, but it looks like only rain where we are. Sure wish I could have an excuse to use the Wrangler as my commute car. Maybe I can paint the yard white tonight so I can justify using 4x4. It is such a come-down to drive the Taco after the 4 days of mountain driving in the Wrangler!
    rain?

Isn't that a good thing?

When did you first start getting rain?

Are all the fires out?

What about the rest of the country?

You never hear about the fires going out...

THANK YOU FIREFIGHTERS!!!
  • oceantoadoceantoad Member Posts: 186
    How many folks have seen the new jeep model discussion on the SUV board? Post #3 was the one that really caught my eye when I clicked on TJL.

I had heard talk about the Scrambler coming back, but the TJL model for the military and overseas is the one that I am more interested in.

A wheelbase over 21 inches longer than the current Wrangler and a payload of 1984 pounds vs the current 800 pounds. OH YEA!!!

That would be an ideal vehicle for me to use on the property for tossing a roll of fence in the back or a couple of bales of hay.

With the longer wheel base you should be able to tow a bigger load. I think this thing has a longer WB than the Liberty.

I might quit adding stuff to my Sport and wait and see what develops in the next year or so. Might have to trade this puppy in on a stretch.

Still a happy camper, but am now an excited one also.
  • youngturkyoungturk Member Posts: 30
    I'll be taking a very close look at a new Wrangler this weekend, and if I like it, will buy it. The only way I'd be able to get it home, though, would be to pull it behind my Suburban. I would need to attach a tow bar to the front bumper of the Wrangler. Has anybody here done so?

Questions:

1) Is the tow bar removable when not in use?

2) Does its installation, when removed, change the appearance of the front end?

3) Must a dealer install it, or should I go like to a U-Haul place?

4) How much does the tow bar cost?

Thanks in advance,

YoungTurk
  • dopleedoplee Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

I have a 2000 Wrangler Sport with a manual tranny. This past Sat I went to get the tran oil changed. As I was driving it out auto shop, I noticed that as I was shifting into the various gears it didn't seem to shift smoothly. The gear shaft doesn't have that smooth glide into the gears. I was running really late for an appt so I just went, but I'm still having this problem. This seems to happen more when the car just starts and gets a little better after the car has been driven-though I still feel "roughness" in the gear shaft. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey all

I've been laying low for awhile now - busy with work and, sad to say, the victim yet again of someone messing with my Jeep. Yes, about 6 weeks ago I went out in the morning to find my yellow Jeep with no doors!! It's one of those things where I'd heard that Jeep doors get stolen a lot, but I just didn't think it would happen to me. Same with the other two break-ins. This time they must have seen the clutch-lock/club I have, and didn't even bother trying to hot-wire the ignition like they did the first two times, before I had the club. They just took the doors and left. Again, no other damage whatsoever, just no doors.

Insurance covered everything, which was good. I have since gotten brand new full steel doors and had them painted (if you look reeeeeallllllllll close there is a tiny difference in color between the doors and the rest of the Jeep but otherwise they did a good job of color-matching). The very first thing I did when I got it back (after 3 weeks in the body shop just to paint and assemble two doors!) was to install door locks by Tuffy, which I bought from Quadratec within hours of discovering the theft. They actually look pretty good and seem like they'll do the trick. Next step, I'm finally going to either activate that LED light so it'll look like I have an alarm or actually get one - there is an inexpensive one available at Quadratec that I may go for.

NOTE TO ANYONE GETTING A JEEP WHO LIVES IN A MAJOR CITY AND PARKS ON THE STREET:
    PLEASE secure your Jeep by getting the following:

-a club lock of some sort, preferably the clutch or brake pedal style
    -Door locks that prevent the doors from being removed
    -an LED light or alarm system w/ LED light
    -Finally, make SURE you have the Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System, it's an option when ordering (this saved my Jeep from outright theft TWICE)

When I got my Jeep, I knew of the security issues and I (stupidly) assumed it wouldn't happen to me. Even after having it broken into once I still didn't get the club and it got broken into again. Finally I got the club, and then the doors got stolen. Once I get the LED/Alarm, I'll finally feel somewhat comfortable leaving it, but still. I wish I had been more cautious from the start. I really believe I could have prevented all three of the break-ins.

Anyway, I'm back, my Jeep is once again lookin' good, and I STILL have no regrets about owning a Wrangler! (other than the security things I should have gotten sooner)

yellowman
  • yellowmanyellowman Member Posts: 209
    Hey there

When you go to buy your Wrangler, the dealer will probably try to convince you to take one he has on the lot, or one that's on a nearby lot that he can get. Only do this if the options and color are exactly what you want! I believe that when buying a Jeep, you should have it EXACTLY the way you want it. When I went in to buy mine I insisted on all the options I specified. They had some Jeeps that had some of the options, even a few that had most...but none that had ALL of them, so I wound up special-ordering it. Truth be told, I had more fun with it that way. I knew there was a special Jeep that was being made just for me, the way I wanted it, in Toledo. I was even able to track its progress as it was being built and shipped over here! Sure, at times the wait was agonizing, but it was also a lot of fun, especially when the day finally came to go down and pick it up. If I had it to do over again, I would want to special order again! (despite the fact that the dealer told me at the time that I was "taking all the fun out of buying a new car") Happy Jeep shopping!

yellowman
    Welcome back! Sorry about the bad luck AGAIN.

Like I told you before, MOVE! Commute to work: that will just give you more time in the Jeep each day.

Man, I couldn't even sleep at night if all that thievery was going on around here.

Anyway, glad you are back in business.

Tom

anon - Rain started yesterday morning all over California. We've been more or less fire free for a couple of weeks, with some prescribed burning going in north of Yosemite. Since they had all kinds of snow and rain last night, I would guess even that's out, too. The firefighters around here are so good, that many fires don't get reported - they get put out before they become major fires. But there are some that get away, no matter what happens. Now the people near the two fires in the Angeles are worried about mud slides - it has rained harder than they expected. Too bad they didn't get rain sooner - two of the national forests had fire closures, so all of the hunters could only head our way. It's been really crowded up around us, so I've been staying off the trails.

youngturk - wish I could help, but I've never towed my Wrangler. I see people towing them all the time - many of them heavily modified and towed behind RVs heading to off-road areas around here.

doplee - my opinion is - if it ain't right, take it back. Sounds like something isn't right - like maybe low on fluid?

yellowman - I keep telling you that an extra half hour of commuting time is nothing. The drop in insurance for your Wrangler could more than cover the cost of the extra gas. You really need to get out of that neighborhood - even my old place in Tujunga sounds better than where you are! Where I live now, I don't bother locking either of my vehicles. You make lots of good suggestions, but it is so sad that you have to go to such great lengths (and expense) to keep a car from being stolen.
    MOVE!

Why would anyone want to live in a place like that? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

If I HAD to live there, I'd leave the doors off, and put a trip wire up to my window, so I could hear them, or maybe a baby monitor. I'd love to catch them, and take them for a ride up into the mountains.

MOVE! Take your family if they live near there also.
  • mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    The oil in your transmission and diffs can only be contaminated in two ways...... either from the inside or the outside.
    Outside contamination would be from water, dust, mud, small animals etc. You should know if you've been places that this might happen and should act accordingly.
    Internal contamination usually comes from the small particles that are ground and polished from the gear and bearing surfaces during the initial break-in. Something that's better out than in.
    So, assuming that you stay clear of contamination from the outside, if you only ever do one oil change during your ownership........make it an early one!
    Check that the correct fluid was used to refill your transmission. If ATF+3 was originally used in your vehicle (check your handbook), then ATF+3 or ATF+4 can be used. If ATF+4 was originally used, then ONLY ATF+4 should be added.

Mercon III, Dexron III or any "one type suits all" ATF, MUST NOT be used.

The Jeep autobox, based on the Torqueflite 999, is incredibly reliable and long lasting, IF it's kept internally clean, dry, and cool.
  • shill3shill3 Member Posts: 124
    Yellowman brings up some good points, but misses one other weak place in Jeep security. How are folks securing their hoods? Mine does not have any sort of lock on it and it seems too inviting to a thief to pop the hood and have at it.

I had a hood lock on my old CJ and will put one on this truck, but I was wondering what other folks were using.

BTW, yellowman, are you near a college campus by any chance? I had to trust my CJ to all sorts of bad areas, but it was always at a college campus where they rumaged through it. I ended up leaving the glove box open to save them the trouble.
    Mac24 mentions diff contamination. During my recent rear fluid change to a synthetic (for towing) I was surprised to see the tiny "shavings" of metal from the break-in. They're practically invisible, but now they're GONE!
    Larry
    I took my "new" Sport to a lonely old twisty road (Fairfax/Bolinas Road) to see some storm damage. This road winds and twists all over the place, for about 15-20 miles and the average speed is maye 25 or so. It's a favorite of mine, and I've been there in sports cars, big sedans, and motorcycles. This Jeep "handled" it GREAT! Much less body roll than I expected; the steering and sure-footedness were almost sportscar-like, cornering was a blast! The Jeep has the factory shock upgrades and 30" package; I assume that helps some, but I never figured a twisty road would be this much fun in a Jeep. My old CJ5 years ago-no comparison. What a bonus!
    Larry
  • dopleedoplee Member Posts: 16
    Hi mac24,

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out which one they used!!
    Man, you be careful with that Jeep! I never heard anyone compare the handling of a Jeep to that of a sports car.

The high center of gravity and short wheel base that make the Jeeps so capable offroad also make them very unstable in cornering at anywhere near the speed you could take a corner in a car.

Please, be careful, Larry, so you can be around a while to enjoy that Jeep!

Tom

"Mac24 mentions diff contamination. During my recent rear fluid change to a synthetic (for towing)"

I tow, and my 1997 probably still has the original fluid. What is your reasoning here?
    Check your handbook for recommended diff fluid (type/viscosity) which should be used when your Jeep is used for towing.