Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus ES 350 and Bluetooth

2»

Comments

• thy_gallantthy_gallant Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I called Lexus customer service and learned that "Wait" is a better way to use to send additional tones or extensions. However to release the wait, we have to manually hit the send button and it released all numbers in the extension.
  • zz4472zz4472 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone been successful in pairing a Blackberry 7520 to a Lexus ES350 with Nav?
  • mark847mark847 Member Posts: 1
    ..well if you hit the Voice activation button on the steering wheel it will ask you for a Command. This is normal........... If you press it AND HOLD IT for a 2 second count it responds "...... Voice recoginition Mode."

Does this work on a non-NAV ES350?

Does anyone know if bluetooth is just an enable phone option, or is there really a module that is added to the car? If so, where is it located?
  • ajmtbmajmtbm Member Posts: 245
    i had a loaner es350 sans nav and it had bluetooth phone. not sure if that was an option or standard equipment
  • igoppigopp Member Posts: 3
    Is it really possible - to have two phones paired with ES and connect to whichever comes first?
    I have ES'08 and Sienna'06 and both work the same way: only one "SELECTED" phone is able to connect. The second one (successfully paired) cannot connect until it is selected through menu.
    Anybody resolved this puzzle?
  • brucepbrucep Member Posts: 3
    Just an FYI, my iphone appears to work fine with the car's bluetooth. It is not on the list of certified phones for the car, but no problems.
  • ricky18ricky18 Member Posts: 1
    I was able to paired up my phone Samsung SGH a430 with my Lexus Es350 successfully. But every time I turn off my car's engine and restart again, the car won't able to automatically recognize my "paired" phone any more.
    Currently, there is only my phone paired with my car. I emailed both Lexus Canada and Samsung Canada, they both couldn't give me any seggestions and ask me to contact the other side. : ( Please help!
  • pierrenpierren Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same issue with the same phone with my Lexus GS 2008.
    Until I resolve the problem, my work-around is to delete the profile on my phone and re-pair it every time I start the car again.
    I got the same answers from lexus and Samsung. I will push this further.
  • vitahawkvitahawk Member Posts: 14
    Just tagging on here. My wife and I are shopping for an ES 350. I was curious, can you program multiple phones with the blue tooth or do you need to re-program each time if you are going to use a different phone, such as when I had the car and my wife is now going to use it?
    Thanks
    Bill
  • qkslvrqkslvr Member Posts: 34
    You can program multiple phones, but auto connect will connect with the last phone paired. To switch between phones, you simply go into telephone settings and pick the phone you prefer it to connect.
  • vitahawkvitahawk Member Posts: 14
    Great, thanks for the responses.
    Bill
  • sparkumsparkum Member Posts: 2
    I have the Lexus 08 ES350. My bluetooth behaves like some others that I have seen posted. After pairing the phone , whenever the engine is shut off, the phone has to be "paired" anew.
    Has anyone had this problem rectified?
  • sparkumsparkum Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone
    I have an 08 Lexus ES350. The car is 5 months old and the "pairing" of my phone is an issue. When I shut down the engine, the phone "unpairs" . Then I have to do the process all over again when I start up the engine.
    Any advice guys?
  • kyxydjkyxydj Member Posts: 12
    My Lexus dealer has provided customers with a "Bluetooth Valet." We can call and e-mail him with questions about Bluetooth in the vehicles we bought at this particular dealer. He tells me constantly that Samsung phones do not pair reliably with the Lexus Bluetooth hands-free system. I had two Samsung phones and both would pair with my Lexus RX400h, but not every time. I'd say it was about an 85% success rate. He did tell me that Motorola phones pair 100%. My wife has a Motorola PEBL U6 and it pairs up every time. So do Sony Ericsson phones. I tested the SE and they work great. And I've been using an Apple iPhone 3G for about one week and there are no problems, it works 100% of the time but the call level is a little low (this can be adjusted by an internal Lexus menu). You must also "authorize" your Samsung phone to recognize your Lexus Bluetooth hands-free, then it will do the pairing automatically. The "authorize device" option should be in your phone's Bluetooth menu if this is an issue. But keep in mind, Samsung phones will still fail to pair about 10-15% of the time, even if they are set up with your car correctly. It's just the nature of the Bluetooth technology in the Samsung... they make very good phones, but they don't pair with our Lexus vehicles 100% of the time :(
  • sonnywsonnyw Member Posts: 1
    My phone has been working great,then it stopped and unable to re-set it??
    thanks for any help
    sonny
  • als1952als1952 Member Posts: 1
    I paired my iphone.....then after replacing my phone, I paired the new phone......then I drove a different lexus and paired this phone too........when I went back to my car, now I cannot get the phone to pair.....I am choosing the phone but then it doesn't come up to put the passcode in my phone to pair it...........HELP anyone!!! I am electronically challenged!!!!
This discussion has been closed.