Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Matrix: Rattles & Squeaks

csmatrixcsmatrix Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I have an 05 Toyota Matrix XR and I'm having problems with sqeaks and rattles. I'm especially hearing the noises from the rear of the car every time I drive on rough pavement.

Comments

• fear_hopefear_hope Member Posts: 90
    Do you store anything in the hatch area under the cargo cover. The area is hard plastic and anything hard (plastic or metal) will rattle as you drive. I had something stored there and removed it because I couldn't stand the rattling. I'm trying to figure out a solution now because I have quite a few things to store there. Hope that helps!
  • sgmsgm Member Posts: 23
    I wrap anything I put in those compartments in bubble shipping wrap. Works like a charm!

Steve/OHIO
  • fear_hopefear_hope Member Posts: 90
    Good idea! I think I'll get some bubble wrap, fold it and tape up the sides to make storage bags. That way I can store different types of stuff in the bags. (I'm an organizing freak...) Thanks for the tip :)
  • csmatrixcsmatrix Member Posts: 13
    I found out there was a bolt in my sunroof that came a loose and started rattling.
  • richardi1richardi1 Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 Matrix XR with 4,000 miles. A frequent but not constant rattling noise comes from behind the gauge view area. Thoughts and/or recommendations are appreciated?

Richard
  • mridermrider Member Posts: 3
    I had this one to for the longest time. Not sure what the hell it was but it eventually stopped. This could be due to the fact that I moved from NorCal to SoCal (Cold to Warm) and I have taken off the gauge paneling once to disconnect the beeping on the reverse.
  • tpulaktpulak Member Posts: 44
    This rattling and squeaking is uncommon in toyota products but it seems in particular that the toyota celica, and matrix suffers from the rattles and squeaks , and quality issues. Even the new camry is getting toward the bad quality side. :(
  • fendertweedfendertweed Member Posts: 98
    How about a description of how you disconnect that bell? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.