Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Audio and Entertainment

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    I see they finally changed the Reference line to 2 ohms (they used to be 4 ohm speakers).

Just to make sure...you're saying the narrow frequency range does or does NOT warranty the expense of replacing that speaker? If you're keeping the OEM head unit in place...you could be right, however...drop an aftermarket head unit in and you'll see just how that poor OEM center channel will distort and sound like crap. In my case...the swap was warranted. However, as I stated before...the aftermarket speaker uses the power from the OEM amp more efficiently than the OEM speaker will so it will sound better (if even marginally), but will definitely provide you with the ability to crank your music without the distortion.

Changing the door speakers was a no brainer for me. I went with the coaxial speaker to add another set of tweeters up front to broaden the sound stage across the front of the car. The one thing you've got an advantage with is that Reference coaxial has the adjustable tweeter so you can increase or decrease the output of the tweeter by +/- 3 dB, the JBL I installed does not have that feature, but for MY listening enjoyment...I don't need it.

I think the biggest key here is...are you keeping the OEM head unit or are you swapping it out. If you keep it...then the upgrade may seem marginal at best depending on the listener's ear. Some are less sensitive to changes than others. Me...I heard a big difference when I did my initial swap while I still had the OEM head unit in. Changing to an aftermarket head unit made the difference even more noticeable since I now have more sound shaping controls at my finger tips.
  • hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    Hi Allmet
    No I'm not going to change the OEM head unit.... If I knew about the narrow freq.
    range of the center speaker I would not have purchased an upgrade.
    Sounds like you have a hell of a sound system.....
    thanks for all the input
    regards
    HJC1
    Hjc1,

Yeah...if you were keeping the OEM head unit, I probably would have told you not to swap out the center channel. However, replacing the door speakers will make a difference. Because they do use the signal more efficiently and there's another set of tweeters involved, it opens the sound stage more. What I found was that instead of the overall sound being centralized @ the center channel, it now only centralizes the vocals, but the music is spread across the front more evenly. Well, at least that is what I hear.

Sorry you feel you wasted money, time and effort. Then again...maybe you'll get curious as to just how much better the system can sound with some upgrades. ;)

I'm very happy with my sound system even though I'm still tweaking it. The one thing I truly love is being able to crank it up without distortion. If you do ever decide to make other upgrades, let me know.

Mike
    For anyone looking to replace their OEM head unit with a nav unit, I came across this sweet deal. Like it says on the website, you would be hard pressed to find a deal better than this for what you get!!!

Eclipse AVN52D

• tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    Thanks, Allmet. Two questions:

1) Does this unit enable all the steering-wheel buttons?

2) Does it still provide a speed-sensitive volume control?
    tonycd...

Pacific Audio Corp. makes steering wheel interafces for various vehicles.

Pacific Audio Corp.

I looked it up and the model you would need for steering wheel interface is SWI-ECL2.

Speed sensitive volume control...I doubt it, you would need to check the features on the actual head unit itself to see if it's offered. Personally...it's an overrated feature, but that's just my opinion.
  • justinrwjustinrw Member Posts: 18
    I am ordering one of these babies tonight. Unfortunately it is a Christmas present from my gf, so I probably won't get to enjoy it until then. It will be agonizing knowing I have this present waiting for me while I am making holiday drives for T-giving and Xmas.

I saw your message on the steering wheel adapter. I will purchase one of those, probably off eBay. A scosche wire harness should do fine, right? Also, do you think I will need a custom install kit or is this puppy going to fit flush with the opening? I'm going to wait to hear the sound before I decide whether or not to switch out the door speakers. I also have to look into cracking the lock on DVD mode, so that it will play DVDs even when the car is not in park.
    Well...it may not have the 30 GB hard drive built in like the Pioneer unit, but a deal this sweet is hard to pass up. If I were going nav, I would jump on this deal too.

You will need to make sure you get a dash kit when you order the unit, a well as a wiring harness. As far as the sound...you'll definitely want to replace the factory speakers when you swap out the unit because the OEM speakers will distort much more quickly when you turn the volume up than with the OEM head unit. Reason being is the Pioneer unit has more power.

There are options out there for you...all of the speakers are 2 ohm speakers except for the tweeters. I know for a fact that you can go with Infinity Kappa or Reference series, JBL GTO and Power series speakers as well.

Here's a link to my page on Car Domain and you can see everythign I've done with my Azera to date...

Allmet33's Car Domain Page

As far as cracking the lock on the DVD mode, I don't condone it and you have to be aware that it can get you a ticket, but from my understanding it's all about bypassing a wire (grounding it) so that the unit thinks the car is in park.
    Hello again,

I finally got the AVN52D and am ready to install it.

I have installed a few cd players in cars before so I feel like I can handle the installation myself, but I really want it to look right. Best Buy is charging around $160 to do the install. A local audio store is charging $60 an hour and acting like it will take them 3 - 4 hours, which is how long I figure it would take me to do it myself. Personally, the prices they are charging make it worth it for me to give it a try myself.

I am purchasing the dash kit over lunch today. It is by the same company as yours.(Metra). Can you offer any advice on how to get the original unit out of the dash? Any other instructions or advice you can offer to save me time and make it a high quality installation? Your help is appreciated. In fact, you are the person that made me aware of the AVN52D - the gf got it at a steal of a price $600 - 30% live.com cash back, bringing the price to $420, includes hands free bluetooth and ipod adapter!)
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    Justin, that price is freakin' amazing. What's the live.com thing?
    You can read some about it on this thread:
    link title

Basically it is a promotion by microsoft where they offer "cashback" or basically a rebate. The biggest savings can be had through eBay when using the buy-it-now function. So, the price on my AVN52D bundle was $600, but I searched for it through live.com while they were offering 30% back, and within 60 days or so, the 30% savings will be credited back to my account.

I tried installing the unit last night but for some reason I am not getting any sound through my speakers. I must have crossed a wire when hooking up the wire harness. Color coding of wires should make it fool proof, but apparently I found a way to mess it up. Round two sometime this week/weekend. It really looked great mounted in the dash.
    Justinrw...glad to hear you're finally ready to make your move. I think once you're done...you'll be more than happy with the whole thing. Removing the factory unit really isn't as difficult as you may think. I've written up a guide you can check out here:

Hyundai Azera Factory Stereo Removal

Please let me know if there's anything else you may need in the way of assistance. With the prices you quoted for an installation, you now see why I learned to do it myself. ;) Another thing, when you've installed it...the sense of accomplishment and pride you'll have that you did it yourself is priceless! Good luck and Happy Holidays!!!

Mike
    Justinrw...the problem isn't your unit, it's the wire harness you were provided. I'm shocked that the problem still exists!!! When I got the 1st harness from Scosche, they had the blue factory amp turn-on wire in the wrong location. If I remember correctly, it was on the top row and it needed to be on the bottom row. After a few back and forths with Scosche, they finally sent me one that worked. So...don't beat yourself up, it's not you messing up the color coding, it's the wire harness not having a wire in the right location.
    Thanks again. Your "how-to" page for installation is exactly what you need to do. I was worried at first about breaking stuff when pulling apart the dash, but it does take a little muscle to get it off.

I remember reading something you posted about the bad wire harness and I thought I had taken care to make sure I had an updated one, but I guess not. Oh well, I'll try to get a good one and we'll see what happens! Thanks, and I'll let you know how it goes when I finish the job.
    If you got the harness from Scosche, call them directly and speak to a tech and explain the problem to them. Let them know of the issue and it's something that has been a problem since day one with their harnesses for the Azera. They will tell you that you can pull the wire out and put it in the correct location yourself, they tried that with me. My response was that I paid my money for a harness that's supposed to work, afterwards...I received one with the factory amp turn on wire in the right location.

If you wish to try and move the wire yourself...memory is fuzzy on it, but I believe it needs to be in the 3rd location from the left on the bottom row of wires (holding the harness with the wires facing you). That 3rd spot on the bottom is empty now (if memory serves me correctly). Another way you can work around it is to use a jumper wire from the red wire to the factory amp turn on wire. You can use splice connectors to achieve this, but it makes the wiring look crazy and it's a bit more work for yourself. If not...be patient while you get the harness issue taken care of.

Oh yeah, one more FYI...with the new unit in place, you'll notice your speakers will distort if you play your music loud. The new unit is putting out a bit more power than the factory one and it's more effecient as well. You may find yourself wanting to upgrade your speakers so the output can keep up with the source. If so...here's a guide for replacing the factory speakers too:

Replacing Door Speakers In A Hyundai Azera

To get the optimum performance out of the factory amp, you'll want to go with speakers that have a 2 ohm impedence. Currently, the only ones I know of that offer that are Infinity Kappa Series, the newer Infinity Reference Series, JBL GTO Series and JBL Power Series.
  • megarockmegarock Member Posts: 16
    I have replaced the door speakers with JBL/Infinity and even though there's an improvement in the overall quality of the sound I feel the OEM headunit performes very poor and would like to ask those of you who have already replaced it to compare the before and after in terms of pure sound (not features and sound shaping capabilities)! I am also wondering if I can manage to install a 1 DIN unit in the small glove compartment below the AC controls without too much modifications - did anybody try that?
    Megarock...the OEM head unit truly is lacking when it comes to sound shaping ability. That was the main reason I pulled mine out and a gave up the 6-disc in-dash capability.

Almost any aftermarket unit you go with will offer better performance simply because the power output is going to be higher than that of the OEM. You figure the OEM unit is producing no more than about 5-7 watts rms and then the factory amp is boosting that signal by by 45 watts rms. If you get a good aftermarket unit, you're looking at a power boost of anywhere from 14-18 watts rms.

Anyway, I have pulled mine and replaced with the Pioneer FH-P4200MP double din unit. I selected this unit because it offers the ability to set different cut-off frequencies between the front and rear speakers as well as the subwoofer as well. I've had a Kenwood unit before, but it only allowed you to set the high-pass filter to the front & rear (same setting) and low-pass to the sub. Not only that, the unit I have also has a 9 band graphic eq to allow me to make adjustments all the way from 50 Hz (low) up to 12.5 kHz (high). Another nice feature the unit has is that you can select a seating option so the sound adjusts to center the sound to where you're sitting (front left, front right, front & all) I really don't use that feature because it does change the sound a little bit. The other advantage to the unit I have is that it plays all formats of music (MP3, WMA & AAC). You can play burned CD's as well as CD-RW's. Lastly, it does offer an AUX input to hook up another source, MP3 player, DVD player or whatever.

There are plenty on the market that have a lot to offer, XM, Bluetooth, builtin iPod control, Nav, DVD...the works. The question is...how much do you want to spend and what exactly are you looking for.

If you have any more questions, please...let me know.

Mike
    Hello all. I have been enjoying the upgraded sound system I put into my Azera, but recently I had been listening to some songs and when the music would hit certain frequencies...I would get a vibration from the speakers. I pulled the door panels and watched the speaker perform during those songs and realized that the adapter ring that comes with the speakers I have (Infinity Kappas) is really cheap, flimsy and adds to the ability for the speaker to vibrate.

The solution...pulling the speakers out, removing the adapter rings and re-installing the speakers using 3/4" MDF (hearty birch ply-wood would work as well).

I marked an 8" circle, then centered the speaker using the adapter ring as my guide. Cut out the speaker opening, then cut out the ring. I held it up in place, drilled a hole within 1/2" from the outer edge of the ring to ensure it would drill through the door panel as well, ran some 1" screws to secure the ring to the door panel (Make sure you have run your speaker wires behind the ring and out of the way of anywhere you might be drilling or installing screws). I then put the speaker in the opening the way I wanted to mount it, marked the hole locations, drilled the holes, connected the speaker wires and screwed the speaker into place.

The difference...watching the speaker handle some of the lower frequencies (when the woofer moves a lot) the plastic ring flexes with the action of the woofer and it's like a ripple effect going into the door panel. With the wood ring, the only thing moving is the woofer cone as the wood is much more rigid, it absorbs the energy from the speaker basket (frame). I think I will pull them off and run a bead of latex caulk under each ring to seal it to the door panel as well.

So...if you have done the speaker upgrade and you get a "buzzing" noise when you listen to certain songs...that could very well be a very low cost, simple solution to resolve the issue. Let me know if you come up with the same results.

Mike
  • rance2rance2 Member Posts: 39
    When I bought my ipod a couple of weeks ago, the Apple salesperson went online to determine cable needed to hook up with 2007 Azera sound system. Bought the cable, but see nothing in the manual re installation. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    You don't say which cable the Apple guy sold you, that would have helped. However, the ONLY cable that seems to work properly is the cable that Hyundai sells at the dealerships for about $30. Do a search in the forum for more info. Someone even posted a picture the other day in one of the Hyundai forums. The cable plugs into both the usb and audio jacks. It appears impossible to hook up wrong.

Found the picture, check out Edmund's Sonata Audio posting #217.
    Was sold Monster iCable for Car. Will ask dealer and have them install.
    Rance, you might want to consider using the Hyundai cable. I don't remember hearing of anyone that has had any luck getting full control of their iPod by using anything other than the Hyundai cable. It also has the advantage of no installation cost and allows you to store the iPod out of sight in the armrest.

Perhaps some others can post their experiences.
    When you say "no installation cost" ... does that mean dealer includes installation in cost of cable, or easy to install myself?
    My apologies, I just noticed that you have a 2007 Azera. You have no built in plugs and will have to go with your after market cable. Sorry for any confusion i may have caused.

Also, post #304 in this forum would seem to indicate no input port to the back of the radio. That would mean that the Monster Cable is not going to work either.
  • plubarplubar Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2008 Azera Limited. I was going to put in Universal iPod adapter by Peripheral Electronics, but it won't work if the XM tuner is internal in the Infinity deck. Does anyone know if the XM tuner is separate? Anyone one have any experience with the Universal iPod adapter by Peripheral Electronics? I know I can rip out the unit and see, but I would prefer not to until I am ready to install. Thank you for your help.
  • artberns1artberns1 Member Posts: 1
    I just took my 2008 Azera Limited today to a very reputable car audio shop in Burlington NJ (SoundSource). The tech (John) showed me the external tuner in the right side rear panel (behind heavy cloth wall) - accessed thru the trunk......beautiful. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get the "external tuner" question answered. So there it was...Voila! I will have the auxilliary jack installed next week. Shame on Hyundai for not in cluding one of these jacks in the vehicle in the year 2008????
  • rminorrminor Member Posts: 40
    I noticed from pictures that the '09 radio has a much larger display than my '07. Does it show any more info like artist and song name on XM all the time instead of having to push the "info" button?
  • firecracker70firecracker70 Member Posts: 1
    I had my 2009 Azera serviced today. The service advisor suggested having the A Glaze paint Sealant applied for $59.95. I have a Black Azera and wonder if anyone has had any experience with this product?.
    Thanks,
    firecracker70
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yes it should show more info. It also has a USB/Aux jack that can play iPod's and USB devices. iPod requires a special $30 cable from Hyundai. Part number for that is 08620-2L000 and you can get it from the dealer. Some places sell it for under $30. Nav models lose this capability :(.
  • rminorrminor Member Posts: 40
    Can anyone tell me exactly what info the '09 will display? The reason I'm asking is that I can buy an '09 radio for <$100 so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to change it out. My '07 radio display fares poorly against the add-on XM radio I had or even the built-in XM in my brother-in-law's VW Jetta.
    I have a 2007 Azera Limited and having no luck getting answers to iPod hook up. Just back from recommended audio shop and they could find no cable in their resource materials. Do you know if external tuner is on 2007? Dealer no help. Thanks.
  • LisaDLisaD Member Posts: 50
    I just don't believe there's no way to get iPod integration into the 2009's with Nav.
    There HAS to be a way. The problem is, the after market people don't give any priority to Hyundai IMO.

When folks are ripping things out/changing things - PLEASE take/post pics of these things. :)
    The only way I can think of that would still give good sound is to go with a wired FM modulator...

Universal FM Modulator for iPod

If you wanna know how to get the OEM head unit out, I created a guide that would assist you in getting to it. To be honest, it's really pretty easy and if you have about 30 mins, anyone can do it with a little patience.

Azera Stereo Removal Guide

If you need a guide with some images to assist you, here's the guide from Metra's website that comes with the dash kit you can order...

Metra: Azera OEM Radio Removal Guide
    Yes - but it won't BE good sound. :) Not for me anyway.
    Art - Can you share anything about this? How they were able to give you Aux in?
  • rk2469rk2469 Member Posts: 30
    THIS ISN'T A KNOCK OR CRITICISM. It's just my disappointment.

With all due respect allmet33, the installed cd player looks hideous. I am sure it works well. But, it doesn't flow. Dang it. That looks cheap, too. It's a bad HGTV after effects. It's very retro. Sorry. I am sure this sounds very disrespectful.

Couldn't you find a better audio unit that flowed with the angle of center stack? I don't think it offers better functionality than the standard Infinity unit that comes with Limited. It doesn't have aux, usb port, or anything.

I know I haven't been able to, unfortunately. All after-market installation would look like that. I wish there was better design options... :-(

Nonetheless, you did it, so it's more than what I could have done. So, this isn't a knock or criticism. It's like taking out a cancer but left a person with bad disfigurement or a giant scar.

Very nice wheel, though. Again, you did more than what I could have done. So, it's something. I just wished that you had found better solution.. Maybe, there isn't a better solution... Also, your contribution to this forum is amazing. Thank you for that.

I think after reading many posts here, Azera's audio expandability is limited. I think it's time for new Azera to have better technical audio solution.
    rk2469...

I'm sorry that YOU'RE disappointed, however...it's MY car and stereo system, so I'm not even worried about that as I thoroughly enjoy it myself. You are entitled to your opinion.

As far as finding a unit that "flows" with the angle of the dash, one doesn't exist that isn't OEM. Considering I have the tan interior, I didn't feel a black unit would look right in there. Oh...there's a unit that can be purchased @ Korean Auto Imports that has a built in screen in that location and you can install your own single din unit where the cubby hole is, but I'm not paying $850 just to be able to do that. For that money, I can have a complete system.

As far as cheap...hardly, it's one of the better units that Pioneer has made. Maybe you should look up all the features it offers as well as the expandability too. As far as increased functionality over the OEM unit...surely you jest!!! Granted, I can't load 6 CD's at one time (you can only listen to one at a time), but I have more control over my music, as well as shaping the sound to suite my tastes. I can also add satellite radio with no problem, I have an aux input for anything I may want to add AND the ability to control my aftermarket subwoofer as well. Oh yeah, I did lose my steering wheel control, but I have a remote...big deal. I can probably find the adapter that would allow me to utilize my steering wheel controls if I really wanted to.

I am actually going to be pulling that unit out and installing a double din DVD unit, which I'm sure will look better to you. Then again, maybe not since you seem to like the OEM look. Here's an Azera with a double din multi-media unit in the dash...
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

The one thing that makes it easy in this is that the dash is black, so pretty much anything you put in will flow.

You're right, I did it because it's what I wanted. I looked at what was available at the time and made the choice based on what suited my needs and wants. Now, the market is flooded with so many options your head will spin when you go searching. Everything isn't for everyone and I don't expect to get everyone's approval when they look at what I've done with my Azera. In the end, it's what I'm happy with that matters.

Maybe one day you'll get the nerve up to do something that you will end up enjoying.

Happy Easter!
    I've been looking into installing a Pionner Nav unit that has MSN traffic feature. I really like this car and there is nothing wrong with this car. I have a new car itch right now. I have been thinking either the Genesis, G8, or FX 35. But I have a perfectly good car.

That Korean import unit doesn't do the gps nav. So, it's no better since it offers no enhanced functionality, thus no substance. oh. and the G8 doesn't have gps nav either. Isn't that stupid, too.

I think a gps nav unit with the mp3/wmv like capabilities with usb and/or compact/sd/xd flash drive compatible unit would be really cool.
    I feel you, my car is perfectly fine as well, but the Genesis is calling me!!! LOL

You're absolutely right, the unit that Korean Auto sells is really only good for having a screen in your dash to either watch movies/tv or have a back-up camera. GPS isn't an option, so to be quite honest...it's a total waste of money.

Yes...that is why I'm upgrading to the new Pioneer unit I came across. Take a look and you might see why I like it so much. I don't need a nav unit as I have a phone with built in nav feature that works GREAT!

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

When I did my initial install, units with USB connectivity weren't available. However, it is able to play CD's loaded with mp3, wma or aac files. Not to mention, the sound output of an aftermarket unit is much better than what you'll get with the OEM unit.
    I was thinking more along lines of

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVICF70/Pioneer-AVIC-F700BT.html?tp=144
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130AVICF90/Pioneer-AVIC-F900BT.html?tp=144
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130F90BT/Pioneer-Premier-AVIC-F90BT.html?tp=144

Some of these units have MSN traffic info service. You can pay $129 for the life time service (for this particular unit). You get the MSN info thing like those watches that they sell. This is far better than the XM traffic where you have to pay $10+ to get this service. However, I never came across how MSN traffic things works. I am just speculating that it works like way it should or like the Sync/Microsoft Automotive 3.0+.

These cost bit more than the AVH-P4100DVD. However, a Navigation Option is something. So, if you add $200 to AVH-P4100DVD, then you get the AVIC-F700BT op AVIC-F900BT. The product descriptions say that a person can use voice command to control the system. That's also worth something, if it works like way it should (Microsoft Sync).

If you have a SD card or usb flash drive option, CD aren't really necessarily. CD holds 700MB +. If you have 6 discs, that's 4.2GB +. That's less than 8 or 16 GB SD you can buy for $30. Also, you don't have to burn the CDs all the time. I actually find the CDs annoying now. I think if this function works way it was intended, it would be a great functionality.
    All of them are fine units, it really just boils down to what gives you what you want and need in a unit. Personally, I have no need for the MSN traffic feature, so it would be a wasted cost for me.

Considering I enjoy listening to my music loud (when situations permit), voice command does nothing for me either. I've got a hand and a remote that will do everything I need done. ;)

Now you're getting there. The main reason I like the P4100DVD is that it offers options. I can plug thumb drives into it and play music off of them. I agree, I'm getting tired of burning CD's too. Thumb drives and SD cards are so much better!!! I can hook an iPod directly to it and control everything from the screen. Honestly, you wouldn't listen to 4.2GB of music at one time, unless you were driving across the nation. I've burned an MP3 cd and played it from DC to Orlando, FL and didn't start hearing songs repeat until we got into FL...on a single disc. Like I said before, I don't miss being able to load 6 cd's at one time.
  • wobbly_earswobbly_ears Member Posts: 160
    MSN Traffic uses info sent by your local FM stations. MSN, using FM radio stations, send out information on a seperate data channel which MSN Traffic receiver can decrypt. So, you need to be within a local participating FM radio station's reach to get this data.

While we need to pay for this info here in US, In Europe, this information is actually free! (But then again, they're socialists! :)))))
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    Did any year Azera come with a in the trunk rear speaker cover like the the Genesis has?. It would help prevent damage to the speakers and probably improve sound quality.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    Not sure what you mean, but the 2006 Azera has a fully carpet-lined trunk, including all up under the rear deck...
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    My 2008 LTD did not come with a under the package tray cover that would cover the speakers, now I will look around the dealers lot and see if I'm a loner. Thanks for the quick reply.
    So I posted a while back that I got the AVN52D for Christmas. I installed it soon after but finally took a pic to post up here after I saw the recent talk about the nav not looking right. All feedback from friends that have been in my car has been positive. I am happy with the looks, and it definitely ups the quality of sound. Surely going to get some new door speakers to handle the extra power. Still have to wire the steering wheel controls adapter, wireless bluetooth and IPOD adapter. I just haven't figured out where all that stuff is going to fit behind the dash.

Congrats!!! That unit looks SWEET!!! I can't wait to upgrade mine now!!!

You will definitely benefit from upgrading your speakers as well. Are you planning on doing it yourself? It's really pretty easy. I've created a couple guides that can assist you with the speaker replacement.
    Well...the '06's did come with the cover you're talking about. Maybe you can ask the parts guy to order you one and installing it should be a breeze.
  • megarockmegarock Member Posts: 16
    I have put two external modules for USB and Bluetooth (CD-UB100 and CD-BTB200) wrapped together in foam just behind the dashboard (see the picture below). Good luck with the install Justin!

that picture will help me a lot. thank you much. when I was installing the head unit I had a lot of trouble getting the climate controls detached (unplugged).

my biggest concern is the "white noise" i hear when the audio is turned on. radio reception is shoddy at times as well. did you run into these problems?

i bought the steering wheel control adapter for my AVN52D but i'll be damned if I can figure out how to hook it up and program it according to the instructions. I guess I'll have to scan it and post the image in my carspace and see what you guys think.