Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Forenza Tires

sschribersschriber Member Posts: 89
edited September 2014 in Suzuki
I put 17k on the factory Hankooks that came with my Forenza wagon, replaced with winter tires for about 9k. When I put the summer tires back on, I noticed that there was not a lot of tread left. Hope I can put another 17k on before winter, but I doubt it. Is 25k acceptable for cars these days? Do the factory hankooks come with a treadwear warranty?

Comments

• chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    "Is 25k acceptable for cars these days? Do the factory hankooks come with a treadwear warranty?"

Forget about the Hankooks. They are not a great tire. I would go to www.discouttiredirect (there is no-freight right now) or www.tirerack.com.
    HOPE THIS HELPS!
  • chrisducatichrisducati Member Posts: 394
    Hankooks are worthless IMO. My sister had them on her KIA and they lasted about the same as what you have experienced. Kumho's are not much better.
  • arkvillearkville Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a used Forenza Wagon EX and the original tires at 20,000 miles were crapped out.They were all cupped and made a thumping sound. Probably never rotated since day one. Bought four new Cooper tires with a 50,000 mile warranty and road hazard protection. Have used Coopers for years and always get good wear. This will be my first time using low profile tires.
    They could be cupped due to poor tire maintenance. They also could be cupped due to worn suspension. I know your car only has 20K on it, but these are problem prone cars....
    I felt that the tire wear was probably most likely due to improper inflation and lack of rotation. The air in the tires was only 26 pps.
    However I would be very interested in your theory. Could you elaborate on the suspension problems in these cars?
    This is my first foriegn car and know little about it. Have found very little negative reports so far. Any further help greatly appreciated.
    "However I would be very interested in your theory. Could you elaborate on the suspension problems in these cars?"

I didn't sat there were suspension problems. However, the Forenza and Veronas don't have good track records generally.

Just have someone inspect the suspension to be on the safe side.
    Happy Motoring!
    Thanks Chuck, I'll check it out just to be safe. So far I am very happy with this car. I am getting an average of 30 MPG over the road and that beats the devil out of the 16-18 I was getting from my Dodge Dakota 4 wheel drive.
  • 34rod34rod Member Posts: 5
    My daughter recently got a new 2006 Forenza, and the tires (Handkooks 195 55r15) appear to lousy for wet weather driving. They break traction, spin or slide in rain and are not much better on dry roads. I am considering replacing them with another brand. They have less than 200 miles on them, but I don't want to take a chance on her having an accident because the tires have a poor grip. I have always liked BFG tires and use them on several cars including my street rods. Does any one have another recommendation for replacement?
    Thanks.
  • bwstylesbwstyles Member Posts: 3
    I put some BFGoodrich g-Force Sports on my Forenza about 2 months ago. I couldn't be happier with these tires. First of all these tires stick like super glue in wet and they're bolted to the road when dry. I have yet to loose traction and I've taken some pretty sharp turns too fast trying to break them loose. It's almost impossible. On top of all that they wear great and they're pretty inexpensive($75-$85 per tire). I'll change them out for Semperit Sport Grip Snow tires for winter. They're made in the Netherlands so you know they do the job and they're only $50 a tire.
  • kctkbsskctkbss Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2006 Forenza May 1,2006. I do not like the tires either. I have out 12,800 miles on my car as of today (I travel alot with my kids in games). And my tires are completely worn out. My tires too from the start have slipped and do very lousy in wet weather. Thanks for the info on the BFG's. I will be getting new tires on my car in a week.
  • suzukiownersuzukiowner Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, I replaced mine with Khumo 195/60/R15 with no problems. The car is smoother (taller tire), quiet, and has improved wet traction performance over the original hankooks. And the Khumo's were only $43 per tire from the tire rack.
  • hendricksonhendrickson Member Posts: 2
    I put the same 60 series Kumho tires on mine. They seem to be a decent improvement over stock at a bargain price. (My originals lasted 30K.) I just wish they weren't made in Communist China . . . too late now. :mad:
  • minxyminxy Member Posts: 1
    I bought a car less than a week ago within two days of owning it the back tire was looking a little low my husband denied it said things like I worry too much the next day it was undeniable even the lady next door was like you realize you got a flat tire right? So he took it to the dealership and they told him they couldn’t do anything it had a nail in it we would need to buy a new tire… when we bought the car they said it had brand new tiers isn’t there some sort of warranty or something we can do?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It is definitely possible for a nail to get in a tire in such a way that the tire can't be fixed. It's happened to me!! :sick:
  • a321ndresa321ndres Member Posts: 2
    this is the first run whith 215/60/R15 hankook to my forenza 2004 and it run smoother and feels more confortable. I think that the 60 tires goes better with the forenza. If anyone has had a good result with other tires please tell. :)
  • sschribersschriber Member Posts: 89
    Careful with these bigger tires... you're adding almost an inch to the radius of the tire. Your speedo will be significantly off - when you show 65 you'll actually be going 70 mph!
  • tnel332tnel332 Member Posts: 23
    I am leary about these tires. My son bought a 05 Forenza and it really seems to be a decent car (and here comes the but) BUT I am afraid of the tires. I don't know why, maybe its the name. I've never heard of these before he bought the car. He is going to be driving it to college in Pa in a couple of weeks so I was going to change the tires for him. The shop I go to sells Cooper tires. Are they a good tire or should I stick with the Goodyear tires that I have on my other cars? Price is a factor here but so is safety.
    OH by the way...the avitar is not our car. As a matter of fact, I don't know where it came from it just showed up when previewing the post. If it is not there when submitted, disregard.... :)
  • cindhcindh Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2008 suzuki forenza and would not own OR LEASE ANOTHER ONE -. bought brand new nice car FIRST FEW MILES BUT now im on my 5th YES 5th set of tires !!!!!!! the best i can get out of set is 10,000 miles at the MOST if im extremely LUCKY they are low profiles they tell me. but dont hit a pebble the rims are bent ALL 4 I GOT A NEW ONE GUESS WHAT? BENT AGAIN!!!FROM THE DEALERSHIP I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK W THIS CAR SPOKE W THE LOCAL TIRE STORE THEY SAY OH YES THEY ARE NOTORIOUS FOR THIS PROBLEM EVEN THE DRIVING SCHOOL IN MY TOWN GOT RID OF ALL OF THEIR FORENZAS SAME PROBLEMS SOOOOO ..I CALLED THE SUZUKI DEALERSHIP I BOUGHT IT FROM THEY ARE ZERO HELP TOO THEY AS MUCH AS TOLD MY FATHER AND I THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM EVEN GOT NAMES OF THESE SO CALLED GENTLEMEN CALLED HIGHER UP" OH, HES IN A MEETING" OR BETTER YET "AWAY FROM HIS DESK" im not asking for MUCH a car that is dependable and that i can get a oil change without being told you will need tires SOON. I CANT AFFORD THIS CAR -I HAVE A RELATIVELY NEW CAR AND CANT TRUST IT TO GO ANYWHERE FOR FEAR ILL GET ANOTHER FLAT TIRE (WHICH IT HAS NOW) DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD HAVE A BLOW OUT (35MPH )WITH MY 2 KIDS IN THE CAR ****STRANDED**** AND THE LAST FLAT WAS ON A HIGHWAY WITH MY KIDS AGAIN IN THE CAR ***STRANDED AGAIN*****THIS IS VERY SCARY ANY SUGGESTIONS?
  • alberto9alberto9 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Suzuki Forenza with 195/55/15. I would to change to 185/65/14. The is price is right.. Will I cause any damage to the car, please advice...
This discussion has been closed.